Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gender equality

+3
Seva Lamberdar
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Merlot Daruwala
7 posters

Go down

gender equality Empty gender equality

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 am

So this morning, it was my turn to do the dishwasher, and I threw a hissy fit.

'Either this dishwasher gets fixed or I am buying a new one'. For last some time, it just doesn't clean. XH went into the dishwasher, opened some things, and then got confused. Then I made tea for myself, and he turned on the stove for making omelets for us. Then I snuggled into my blanket on the couch, fired up this laptop, and began sipping my tea while launching candy crush saga. He googled our dishwasher and found a youtube video on how to clean a dishwasher. Then he tells me, 'This video is done by a woman. She is teaching how to clean a dishwasher. You can do this job too. Chal, you get up and do it now.'

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

gender equality Empty Re: gender equality

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:09 am

Women are their own worst enemies.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 am

To hell with that youtube woman! grrr!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:22 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Women are their own worst enemies.

hehe.. in my defense, I had googled this issue first. Asked him what the temps in the water heater was, and during my hissy fit had my head in the dishwasher trying to figure out where that damn screen could be that all the articles talked about. That's when he pulled me out and went in himself. Depending on the level of my rage, and if I was alone, I would have gotten it done myself, after reminding myself how I had taken the oven apart last year to find the dead rat; and after having convinced myself than I am an electronics and Instrumentation graduate, which means I should be able to attempt fixing anything electronics, electrical, or mechanical.

All the stuff that I do, all depends on how pissed I am about the issue. Then it gets resolved, either by someone I ask, or by myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:01 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:So this morning, it was my turn to do the dishwasher, and I threw a hissy fit.

'Either this dishwasher gets fixed or I am buying a new one'. For last some time, it just doesn't clean. XH went into the dishwasher, opened some things, and then got confused. Then I made tea for myself, and he turned on the stove for making omelets for us. Then I snuggled into my blanket on the couch, fired up this laptop, and began sipping my tea while launching candy crush saga. He googled our dishwasher and found a youtube video on how to clean a dishwasher. Then he tells me, 'This video is done by a woman. She is teaching how to clean a dishwasher. You can do this job too. Chal, you get up and do it now.'

Rolling Eyes

Please convey my Pranams to my Guru ji - your XH.

I have a similar complaint against my PDW but will pass for the time being.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:So this morning, it was my turn to do the dishwasher, and I threw a hissy fit.

Rolling Eyes

Please convey my Pranams to my Guru ji - your XH.

I have a similar complaint against my PDW but will pass for the time being.

PDW?

project dishwasher has been completed, and it seems like a success. will know after a full run, but it already is making the right sounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

PDW?

project dishwasher has been completed, and it seems like a success. will know after a full run, but it already is making the right sounds.

Present Distinguished Wife....(or something like that).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Rolling Eyes

why do you keep on calling this guy XH (ex-husband)?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:52 pm

He's not ex. He's the husband who makes omlets, cleans too and uses internet to fix dishwasher, while comfy wife makes posts here. The guy has some great paitence.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

we divorced 2 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:06 pm

southindian wrote:He's not ex. He's the husband who makes omlets, cleans too and uses internet to fix dishwasher, while comfy wife makes posts here. The guy has some great paitence.

he he .. he also put up a youtube video to make omelets. that one was done by a man.

i usually cook 3 or 5 days on weekdays, he sometimes makes salads those days. He cooks half the time on the weekends, and I sometimes do mass cooking for the upcoming week.

took 2-3 hours today to do deep-cleaning of the first floor: dusting, vacuum, mopping, kitchen, bathroom, doors, etc. while he did the yard work. I just like to mention his work more, doesn't mean i don't work at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

we divorced 2 years ago.
how much did your divorce cost? i would never let myself get divorced. divorce is for failures.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:49 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

we divorced 2 years ago.
how much did your divorce cost? i would never let myself get divorced. divorce is for failures.

not sure of the exact amount, but I guess over 3 years, total about $3500 that we split. failures are a part of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

we divorced 2 years ago.

not sure of the exact amount, but I guess over 3 years, total about $3500 that we split. failures are a part of life.
oh that's not bad. you here about some people suffering major financial losses, sounds like it was fairly amicable and you didn't try to swindle each other and are fairly equal partners in parenting. i think you made the best of the situation.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ....)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:07 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

we divorced 2 years ago.

You have no idea. Tracy is fast turning out to be my idiol. She has created this whole new concept. how to have a successful marriage and still have the hubby do more than half the house chores. They all live under the same roof with relatives, neighbors all believing and treating them as a married couple although they are legally divorced.

The new terminology is that now Tracy is "unmarried" to her XH.

PN: you should try this with your "breathing" doc.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:24 pm

TW

Does your XH bring his dates to the house and sleeps with them there?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Rishi wrote:TW

We have had a talk about it. I said if he wants to date, better to not let kids know unless he is very sure of it. It rarely happens that he is home and one of us is not. So, even if he has, kids and I don't know about it, and I will prefer to keep it that way. AFAIK, he is not dating. Nor am I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 pm

TW

>>>You are a pioneer.

You are a great role model for younger generation of women in India who aspire to be free from the shackles imposed by an oppressive society which have traditionally consigned them to subordinate status. You are there to inspire and to teach them to deal with their male counterparts on their own terms.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:29 am

>>>You are a pioneer.  

You are a great role model for younger generation of women in India who aspire to be free from the shackles imposed by an oppressive society which have traditionally consigned them to subordinate status. You are there to inspire and to teach them to deal with their male counterparts on their own terms.

not really. it's just my luck that hardly anything 'normal' ever happens to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

>>>You are a pioneer.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>You are like the women who came out west in covered wagons, fending off Indians. Wait, that doesn't fit since you are in new jersey and the Indians have come there. Never mind, I will have to think of another parallel. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 pm

>>>You forgot the rest of the question about the roommate code. Ye olde tie on the doorknob? etc etc

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:23 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

we divorced 2 years ago.

>>>What would you do if the husband turns out to be a wife-beater or a womanizer? It is nice to hold on to 'till death to us part' ideal, but sometimes reality gets in the way.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Kris wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

>>>You are a pioneer.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>You are like the women who came out west in covered wagons, fending off Indians. Wait, that doesn't fit since you are in new jersey and the Indians have come there. Never mind, I will have to think of another parallel. Smile

LOL
(secretly glad i paid attention to my older when she was learning history)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

we divorced 2 years ago.

>>>What would you do if the husband turns out to be a wife-beater or a womanizer? It is nice to hold on to 'till death to us part' ideal, but sometimes reality gets in the way.

>>>That is what happened to one of my siblings. The man turned out to be both. So much for love marriages. You should always be wary of the man who tells you every second that how much he loves you.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down