Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender equality - we have it all wrong

+3
rawemotions
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
seven
7 posters

Go down

Gender equality - we have it all wrong Empty Gender equality - we have it all wrong

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:09 pm

No sex. We're equal

If we continued to think doing things that guys do n making them do things that women do is the way to practice equality, sex in marriage will soon have to be outsourced.

seven

Back to top Go down

Gender equality - we have it all wrong Empty Re: Gender equality - we have it all wrong

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:21 pm

seven wrote:No sex. We're equal

If we continued to think doing things that guys do n making them do things that women do is the way to practice equality, sex in marriage will soon have to be outsourced.

I read 3/4th of the way and stopped. In short we need to go back to the good old days of men being men and women being women.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Gender equality - we have it all wrong Empty Re: Gender equality - we have it all wrong

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Yep! I agree with the writer's observations. It makes perfect sense. I feel bad for modern day guys. The expectations are too high.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Or we can continue to go the same path and marry our best friends. Outsource sex. That will work fine too.

So all the confusion is because we are transitioning. Neither here nor completely there. It's a phase. So couples are confused.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:47 pm

seven wrote:Or we can continue to go the same path and marry our best friends. Outsource sex. That will work fine too.

So all the confusion is because we are transitioning. Neither here nor completely there. It's a phase. So couples are confused.

Here is my question. If a man has to do what you are saying,wont it be prudent for a man to be a MCP as in old days and yet have a side dish. If all that a man gets in return for believing in equality is not getting any what good is it?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 pm

What's MCP?
Molycorp Inc?
Maritime communication partner ?

He can have one or ten side dishes. That's what I wrote.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:55 pm

seven wrote:What's MCP?
Molycorp Inc?

Good... I will change my views as of 22 hrs EDT today.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:01 pm

The article is too long. I got bored half way through, but got the gist of it. More than the so called feminine chores that the husband does, it is his dependence on her salary to pay the bills and mortgage that could turn her off. Man is the provider. He needs to earn enough to provide for his family and shouldn't have to depend on his wife to do so.

The wife should have the choice to work or not to work and the husband shouldn't have an eye on her salary. She should have the freedom to spend it however she wants. She is the child bearer. Isn't that enough?

As for sharing the chores, let the husband keep track of insurances, mortgages, credit card bills, investments, handyman stuff around the house, yard work, throwing out the garbage, catching and throwing out the bugs and spiders and killing the occasional cockroaches in the house.

As for the wife, she does most of the cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children, shopping and stuff like that.

It would make a good marriage if it works out like above.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:05 pm

What about folding laundry for he's made feel guilty about not helping around the house enough?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm

seven wrote:What about folding laundry for he's made feel guilty about not helping around the house enough?
He does it while watching sports, which is supposed to be a masculine thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Ok LOL

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
seven wrote:What's MCP?
Molycorp Inc?

Good... I will change my views as of 22 hrs EDT today.

TYT. There's no rush. Like I said it's a phase and will take it's course before we get to the other side.
Our grandkids should have it right I think.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Kinnera wrote:
The wife should have the choice to work or not to work and the husband shouldn't have an eye on her salary. She should have the freedom to spend it however she wants. She is the child bearer. Isn't that enough?

As for sharing the chores, let the husband keep track of insurances, mortgages, credit card bills, investments, handyman stuff around the house, yard work, throwing out the garbage, catching and throwing out the bugs and spiders and killing the occasional cockroaches in the house.

As for the wife, she does most of the cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children, shopping and stuff like that.

Child bearer ? Even benefits for that ends after 18 years. She should be allowed to spend her money on whatever....whattt?

And woman's does cooking, taking care of children???? (notice the root cause of the problem - S E X - is never mentioned in your post.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Child bearer ?  Even benefits for that ends after 18 years.  She should be allowed to spend her money on whatever....whattt?

And woman's does cooking, taking care of children????  (notice the root cause of the problem - S E X - is never mentioned in your post.
Child bearing benefits have no expiration date. Man is the provider of the family and that's how it should be. He shouldn't depend on his wife to provide for the family.

My last sentence, *It would make a good marriage if it works out like above*. That means S E X, uppili. The whole article is also about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:42 pm

What does this mean ? Advertisement for AshleyMadison.com ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:45 pm

If he's not allowed to work optionally, she isn't either. And vice versa.
If you think she's doing more by bearing children, then she can be the bigger contributor in the relationship.
Holding this against guys is unfair. It's biology. It's not like they can have babies n are refusing to.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Child bearer ?  Even benefits for that ends after 18 years.  She should be allowed to spend her money on whatever....whattt?

And woman's does cooking, taking care of children????  (notice the root cause of the problem - S E X - is never mentioned in your post.
Child bearing benefits have no expiration date. Man is the provider of the family and that's how it should be. He shouldn't depend on his wife to provide for the family.

My last sentence, *It would make a good marriage if it works out like above*. That means S E X, uppili. The whole article is also about that.

I think the woman should hand over her salary to husband every month and take weekly allowance. Tat way she will have ownership of the family. That has worked great for me. I even increased the weekly allowance by 10% for 2014. Next I will implement Bittu policies and P711's leatherbelt treatment...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:47 pm

rawemotions wrote:

What does this mean ? Advertisement for AshleyMadison.com ?

It means couples will stop enjoying sex n will start having affairs outside of marriage.
Idk about Ashley Madison dot com ad.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I think the woman should hand over her salary to husband every month and take weekly allowance. Tat way she will have ownership of the family. That has worked great for me. I even increased the weekly allowance by 10% for 2014. Next I will implement Bittu policies and P711's leatherbelt treatment...

This kinda treatment n arrangement is what got us where we are today. The whole equalRus concept.
Don't learn from past mistakes n you will make modern men pay more.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:59 pm

seven wrote:

I think the woman should hand over her salary to husband every month and take weekly allowance. Tat way she will have ownership of the family. That has worked great for me. I even increased the weekly allowance by 10% for 2014. Next I will implement Bittu policies and P711's leather belt treatment...

This kinda treatment n arrangement is what got us where we are today. The whole equalRus concept.
Don't learn from past mistakes n you will make modern men pay more.

I am following my new concept in every aspect of life "whats in it for me NOW"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:03 pm

And what do leather belt n similar policies have in them for you ?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:20 pm

seven wrote:If he's not allowed to work optionally, she isn't either. And vice versa.
If you think she's doing more by bearing children, then she can be the bigger contributor in the relationship.
Holding this against guys is unfair. It's biology. It's not like they can have babies n are refusing to.
The husband has the option to not work and sit at home instead. The wife also has the option to not bear children in a marriage and remain barren. (Options and choices....I am not talking about forced or uncontrolled situations). If such choices are made, how long will that marriage last? 

If man and woman have to perform the same roles, they wouldn't have been created differently......something on these lines was quoted by Rabindranath Tagore. When I first read that as a teen, i thought he was an MCP (male chauvinistic pig), but now i feel he is right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Kinnera wrote:
seven wrote:If he's not allowed to work optionally, she isn't either. And vice versa.
The husband has the option to not work and sit at home instead. The wife also has the option to not bear children in a marriage and remain barren. (Options and choices....I am not talking about forced or uncontrolled situations). If such choices are made, how long will that marriage last? 

If man and woman have to perform the same roles, they wouldn't have been created differently......something on these lines was quoted by Rabindranath Tagore. When I first read that as a teen, i thought he was an MCP (male chauvinistic pig), but now i feel he is right.

Great plan. Start implementing TODAY. Happy Ugadi....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Kinnera wrote:

You said it's enough that she bears children n she shouldn't have to contribute financially.
I'm saying that's unfair. It's not like husbands can bear kids n are choosing not to. They can't do it even if they wanted to. So we shouldn't hold that against them n use that as an excuse to keep the financial contribution optional for women.

You are right about different roles though. Different roles don't mean unequal contribution. And we, all of us men women, shouldn't have undermined role women play in the first place.

Happy ugadi! Happy gudi padwa!

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Great plan.  Start implementing TODAY. Happy Ugadi....Wink

Whom was Tagore quoting?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:48 am

Kinnera wrote:The article is too long. I got bored half way through, but got the gist of it. More than the so called feminine chores that the husband does, it is his dependence on her salary to pay the bills and mortgage that could turn her off. Man is the provider. He needs to earn enough to provide for his family and shouldn't have to depend on his wife to do so.

>>>The devil is in the details. Notice how slyly these items were slipped into the contract. Gentlemen, do not buy into this..Let's vet this out with the best legal minds on the planet before we sign Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:17 am

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:The article is too long. I got bored half way through, but got the gist of it. More than the so called feminine chores that the husband does, it is his dependence on her salary to pay the bills and mortgage that could turn her off. Man is the provider. He needs to earn enough to provide for his family and shouldn't have to depend on his wife to do so.

>>>The devil is in the details. Notice how slyly these items were slipped into the contract. Gentlemen, do not buy into this..Let's vet this out with the best legal minds on the planet before we sign Smile
Oh well! I was giving a formula for a successful marriage with all my good intentions. It's your choice to take it or not. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:18 am

swapna wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Great plan.  Start implementing TODAY. Happy Ugadi....Wink

Whom was Tagore quoting?
Quoting himself. duh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 am

seven wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

You said it's enough that she bears children n she shouldn't have to contribute financially.
I'm saying that's unfair. It's not like husbands can bear kids n are choosing not to. They can't do it even if they wanted to. So we shouldn't hold that against them n use that as an excuse to keep the financial contribution optional for women.

You are right about different roles though. Different roles don't mean unequal contribution. And we, all of us men women, shouldn't have undermined role women play in the first place.

Ya, it's not like the wife has the choice to say, 'Jeez! I don't want to do this child bearing and rearing stuff. Can you do it for me pls?' and not choosing to do it.
Unfair to men? Do you even realize that in this 'gender equality' frenzy the women are at the losing end?

They bear the kids, take care of them for the most part, work outside the home to contribute to the family income, have a hard time getting the husband help to them and if they do, feel less attracted to them. Where's the winning deal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:39 am

the modern world is getting rigged so marriages fall apart and there is even less of a motive for ppl to marry. soon only the fags will want to marry for tax benefits

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 pm

is that you on your prof picture?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Kinnera wrote:
seven wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Ya, it's not like the wife has the choice to say, 'Jeez! I don't want to do this child bearing and rearing stuff. Can you do it for me pls?' and not choosing to do it.
Unfair to men? Do you even realize that in this 'gender equality' frenzy the women are at the losing end?

They bear the kids, take care of them for the most part, work outside the home to contribute to the family income, have a hard time getting the husband help to them and if they do, feel less attracted to them. Where's the winning deal?

"Women on losing end. Where's the winning deal?"
In marriage, they say, either you both lose or you both win. Man n woman are both on same side. Idk which end you're talking about.
Bearing children is her primary role. Just like providing for family is husbands primary role.
She should take off work n take care of kids, if she's unable to do both.
Husband can be excused from helping around at home if his work demands his attention.

Now I'm not saying we should make kids or work an excuse to cut corners.

Also the confusion starts when we train our girls to do same things as guys like become lawyers n girls also want to go out n work. But biology didn't change. Nature has decided it for us. Women have to bear kids. So we better fix other things around it.

For now I guess we should just try n find balance between what we wanna do vs what's expected of us.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:57 pm

seven wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
seven wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

"Women on losing end. Where's the winning deal?"
In marriage, they say, either you both lose or you both win. Man n woman are both on same side. Idk which end you're talking about.
Bearing children is her primary role. Just like providing for family is husbands primary role.
She should take off work n take care of kids, if she's unable to do both.
Husband can be excused from helping around at home if his work demands his attention.

Now I'm not saying we should make kids or work an excuse to cut corners.

Also the confusion starts when we train our girls to do same things as guys like become lawyers n girls also want to go out n work. But biology didn't change. Nature has decided it for us. Women have to bear kids. So we better fix other things around it.

For now I guess we should just try n find balance between what we wanna do vs what's expected of us.
Haven't I been saying the same thing all along? Isn't that the point I was trying to make? Pls go and read all my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down