Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave?

4 posters

Go down

Will Rajan Stay or Leave?

Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave? Vote_lcap40%Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave? Vote_lcap60%Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave? Empty Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Modi hasn’t taken kindly to the incessant lobbying by MPs and a few technocrats for themselves, as well as for key appointees during the previous government such the appointment of Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan. The BJP senior, however, issued a caveat on Rajan. “I am not saying Rajan will stay or go. That is for the new government to decide, based on merit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave? Empty Re: Will Raghuram Rajan Stay or leave?

Post by Kris Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Modi hasn’t taken kindly to the incessant lobbying by MPs and a few technocrats for themselves, as well as for key appointees during the previous government such the appointment of Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan.  The BJP senior, however, issued a caveat on Rajan. “I am not saying Rajan will stay or go. That is for the new government to decide, based on merit.

>>>Can't see him sticking around after this kind of loose talk. He will likely resign. Too bad, since he could have been a  valuable asset.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Arun Shourie, Goyal and Sinha, economic advisers to BJP, all praised Rajan. I think Modi would like to see him stay. Modi will tackle inflation and that will pave the way for lowering interest rates. So, there won't be any friction between the two.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 22, 2014 3:49 pm

He is a tenured professor from U of Chicago... these guys cannot take public criticism by less-educated rough-and-tumble Indian politicians that well.

He could have become a finance minister ONLY in a Cong(i) admin. By leaving, he will keep that possibility alive and he can come across as not power hungry.

If at all Cong(i) returns to power in 2024, he can become a minister at that time - still.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu May 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Modi hasn’t taken kindly to the incessant lobbying by MPs and a few technocrats for themselves, as well as for key appointees during the previous government such the appointment of Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan.  The BJP senior, however, issued a caveat on Rajan. “I am not saying Rajan will stay or go. That is for the new government to decide, based on merit.

>>>Can't see him sticking around after this kind of loose talk. He will likely resign. Too bad, since he could have been a  valuable asset.

I don't see any loose talk here. The quoted article is the kind of gossipy news specialized by the toilet paper of India.
I think he will stay.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down