Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zaheer out for 4 months - RP in

5 posters

Go down

Zaheer out for 4 months - RP in Empty Zaheer out for 4 months - RP in

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

Self deception rules at BCCI. It took 2 tests and nearly a month to discover the depth of Zaheer's injury. Whoever is responsible for this debacle, India lost the services of a bowler through out this period. The replacement could have been in and getting ready for 3rd test if they acted with honesty.

Dhoni seems to be apprehensive about acting against Harbhajan amd Zaheer as they are his main weapons. He is fessing up only when he was finally cornered and has no where else to go.

India should also be honest about Sehwag's availability. If he not ready, he should be kept on bench for 3rd and even 4th test. India needs to find the resolve to fight back with the resources they have. They chances are seriously depleted but they still have few weapons that will allow them to fight.

Win the toss, score big , 400 plus, then give bowlers a chance. Focus on choking the likes of Matt prior and Broad.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Zaheer out for 4 months - RP in Empty Re: Zaheer out for 4 months - RP in

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:50 am

Ok..Done.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am

Why no Ashwin. He is in the ODi team. why not fly him in early. ashwin, Mishra, Ishant, Munaf/Praveen combo is not a bad one.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Hamstring injuries take weeks if not months to heal. So it was a flawed strategy to rest hopes on a quick recovery for Zaheer. You are right, the replacement should have been flown in sooner rather than later.

I don't have a good feeling about Sehwag either. At best he is recovered but not yet in match playing form. Considering how he turned out to be a big disappointment in the SA series, I wonder how much of an impact he will have against this strong English bowling line up in their own backyard. But if he is physically fit, gambling on him is the only choice for team India if they want to put some runs on the board and pressure England.

If we can win just one out of the remaining 2 tests and draw the other, we can still retain the # 1 ranking. Forgetting the first 2 tests and looking at the remaining 2 as a fresh 2 match series is the best approach for team India.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Indian bowling is completely exposed in this series. They need conditions like first day of Trent Bridge repeated on two occassions when england is batting to take 20 wickets. And India needs to be lucky to get sunny days.

I do not see much scope for saving #1 ranking. Even if India loses the ranking, I am OK with that as long as they show a spirit to stay in the game and fight. It is very discouraging and insulting to see Indian bowling and fielding giving up on third day afternoon just because prior and broad and Bresnan hit couple of fours. Even in batting, once Dravid is out, no one seems to care or no one seems to have a desire to build innings. Now that is more worrisome.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 am

i wonder who they could have selected now that P kumar, Sharma and Sreesanth are already in. I am glad they did not select aniruddha srikanth or jakati. thank you, madras mafia.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:47 am

Another Brick wrote:i wonder who they could have selected now that P kumar, Sharma and Sreesanth are already in. I am glad they did not select aniruddha srikanth or jakati. thank you, madras mafia.

And I thank them for not selecting Ravindra Turdeja.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 pm

truthbetold wrote:Self deception rules at BCCI. It took 2 tests and nearly a month to discover the depth of Zaheer's injury. Whoever is responsible for this debacle, India lost the services of a bowler through out this period. The replacement could have been in and getting ready for 3rd test if they acted with honesty.

Ultimately, Zaheer himself is responsible, makes me wonder if he is going back his old ways, his work ethics are not something I'd be proud of.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:03 am

nevada wrote:
Another Brick wrote:i wonder who they could have selected now that P kumar, Sharma and Sreesanth are already in. I am glad they did not select aniruddha srikanth or jakati. thank you, madras mafia.

And I thank them for not selecting Ravindra Turdeja.

absolutely. i was so happy when he was dropped from the WC squad that the tears of happiness rolled down from my eyes that day. because if selectors had selected him, dhobi would have played him no matter what.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down