Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai

4 posters

Go down

Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai Empty Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:35 am

This is an extract from a Facebook post:

It reminds my first job in New Delhi planning commission in 1989 right after my Engr degree. I knew nothing of Hindi. I knew only Tamil back then. People in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to me than my own home town Erode and Chennai. I remember I went to national state fair and seeing all state cultural events and diversity, so joyful of India.

Back to top Go down

Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai Empty Re: Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

So, Tamilians are more honest. 

How about BIMARUs? Your posts indicate that you are a fanatic UPite and you try and put down SI. 

I saw a documentary on Ganga recently. How many UPites are accepting responsibility for the filth? BY defecating in the river with a self-deprecating Mughul-ars licking sikular mindset, perhaps, bhaiyyas lost their pride. On top if it, they try and shove Hindi through the throats of SIs to make Hindi the only national language. This is a sneaky way to get jobs for BIMARU bhaiyyas without officially calling it a reservation. India will further climb down in international standards if Hindi is imposed on SIs.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai Empty Re: Tamilian says people in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to him than people in his home town Erode or Chennai

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:So, Tamilians are more honest. 

How about BIMARUs? Your posts indicate that you are a fanatic UPite and you try and put down SI. 

I saw a documentary on Ganga recently. How many UPites are accepting responsibility for the filth? BY defecating in the river with a self-deprecating Mughul-ars licking sikular mindset, perhaps, bhaiyyas lost their pride. On top if it, they try and shove Hindi through the throats of SIs to make Hindi the only national language. This is a sneaky way to get jobs for BIMARU bhaiyyas without officially calling it a reservation. India will further climb down in international standards if Hindi is imposed on SIs.

Had I been a fanatic UPite I would have dated only UP girls and married a UP girl. Or at least I would have dated NI girls and married an NI girl. But that is not the case.

With respect to pollution in the Ganges I will point out that the Indo-Gangetic plains were populated during the times when the Upanisads were composed in this region. At that time the entire SI was populated by tribals and assorted barbarians. It was only later that immigrants from the Indo-Gangetic plains and other regions immigrated to present day SI. So the ancestors of present day SIs contributed to polluting the Ganges.
With respect to hindi, the idea is for the presence of a common language which can be used for communication between Indians from different parts of India. With respect to govt jobs hindi should not be a factor for recruitment. So on this point I stand shoulder to shoulder with my SI brethren. I will point though that the larger problem with respect to govt jobs is not language, but caste based reservations. Also, for the vast majority of jobs I don't believe hindi is a factor. For instance a knowledge of Hindi is not taken into consideration when appointments in faculty positions are done in govt colleges. But caste of a candidate is taken into consideration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:38 pm

<< SI was populated by tribals and assorted barbarians.

?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 am

Rashmun wrote:

Had I been a fanatic UPite I would have dated only UP girls and married a UP girl. Or at least I would have dated NI girls and married an NI girl. But that is not the case.

What is the case then?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

What is the case then?

Surely that is too personal a question.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:35 am

Rashmun wrote:This is an extract from a Facebook post:

It reminds my first job in New Delhi planning commission in 1989 right after my Engr degree. I knew nothing of Hindi. I knew only Tamil back then. People in New Delhi were 10 times more nice to me than my own home town Erode and Chennai. I remember I went to national state fair and seeing all state cultural events and diversity, so joyful of India.

And Delhi is considered as one among the rudest places in India!

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 am

Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

What is the case then?

Surely that is too personal a question.

In that case, your decision earlier to start talking about your dating / marriage to show your broadmindedness makes no sense.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:40 am

indophile wrote:
Rashmun wrote:This is an extract from a Facebook post:

And Delhi is considered as one among the rudest places in India!

This is true but there are also some polite people in Delhi. It is possible that by the luck of the draw this guy ended up interacting with the polite people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down