Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

+12
SomeProfile
FluteHolder
b_A
Kris
southindian
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
Vakavaka Pakapaka
nevada
Maria S
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence  Empty JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:16 am

......all Channels showing/discussing verdict while JJ TV is showing a cooking show on how to make "Vadai".

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence  Empty Re: JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:36 am

Anaikkum adi sarukkum!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence  Empty Re: JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 am

You are all awake so early, on a Sat morning?!

How soon fortunes change. 

Never a dull moment in TN politics!  

Interesting indeed.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:19 am

Passed by her lovely tea estate Near kotagiri a few days ago. I wondered what she would do with all her wealth given that she has no successors.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:30 am

One down and more to go.

Hopefully, K'nidhi, Dayalu, Kanimozhi, Raja, Dayanidhi, Stalin, Jagan, Chiranjeevi, Kavita, Dev Gowda, Ajit Pawar, Digvijay Singh, Laloo, Mulayam, etc., will join JJ in a third class jail where they will all be assigned the job of breaking down boulders into gravel, as in old movies, with Soundararajan singing about how criminals and CONmen end up in life.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:39 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:One down and more to go.

Hopefully, K'nidhi, Dayalu, Kanimozhi, Raja, Dayanidhi, Stalin, Jagan, Chiranjeevi, Kavita, Dev Gowda, Ajit Pawar, Digvijay Singh, Laloo, Mulayam, etc., will join JJ in a third class jail where they will all be assigned the job of breaking down boulders into gravel, as in old movies, with Soundararajan singing about how criminals and CONmen end up in life.

What about Pawar, Paswan, Badals, etc? If a corrupt politician supports the BJP than should he be exempted from corruption proceedings?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:47 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:One down and more to go.

What about Pawar, Paswan, Badals, etc? If a corrupt politician supports the BJP than should he be exempted from corruption proceedings?
I am sure, the list has to be expanded, including those in BJP.

As I wrote before, the Marie Antoinettes and Ceausescus should be hanged in front of parliament, as a prelude to cleansing society of corruption.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 am

Not defending Jayalalitha and others on the list (*and many others who are not on the list), who deserve punishment for their crimes..and hopefully these convictions will set an example to minimize corruption..and someday even completely be transformed.

Having said that, I hope (any) Central Govt does not overtly or covertly influence the Judicial system to manipulate State Govt politics. 

Someone like- Subramaniam Swamy has such blatant disrespect and utter contempt of Tamilians and Tamilian interests in general..hard to trust someone like him and wonder about their agenda(s) as well.

Last edited by Maria S on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:52 am

swamy is a delhi politician. he can barely speak tamil, and when he does he sounds like a retard.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:56 am

the DMK goondas are just as corrupt. unfortunately now that fatty is done and dusted, they'll get the reins again.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:05 am

Jj will appeal the verdict to higher court ( supreme court, I guess). She will get a stay. She may even stay in office during the court process. I am not sure but I think laloo and former jharkhand cm continued to function as central ministers after conviction.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:12 am

truthbetold wrote:Jj will appeal the verdict to higher court ( supreme court,  I guess). She will get a stay. She may even stay in office during the court process. I am not sure but I think  laloo and former jharkhand cm continued to function as central ministers after conviction.
No, she can't. The law is different now. 

She can appeal in a HC. But she will still be disqualified from politics until the court gives a judgement on her petition.

For all practical purposes, JJ's political career has come to an end. It is sad. She is a very capable leader, unlike Sonia, et al.

Hopefully, political corruption in general will be marginalized. The youth of India need proper guidance that hard work and ethics are important in life.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:23 am

why is JJ a capable leader? what has she done differently from the other goons? TN still has horrible water shortages and power cuts amongst so many other problems.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:30 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Jj will appeal the verdict to higher court ( supreme court,  I guess). She will get a stay. She may even stay in office during the court process. I am not sure but I think  laloo and former jharkhand cm continued to function as central ministers after conviction.

She can appeal in a HC. But she will still be disqualified from politics until the court gives a judgement on her petition.

For all practical purposes, JJ's political career has come to an end. It is sad. She is a very capable leader, unlike Sonia, et al.

Hopefully, political corruption in general will be marginalized. The youth of India need proper guidance that hard work and ethics are important in life.

I thought parliament watered the law down to make it impotent. If you are right it would be the beginning of a beautiful era.
Modi may face a similar situation in supreme court.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:35 am

*Power certainly corrupts- no matter how idealistic a person may be..and in any political party, including the DMK there are plenty of corrupt leaders and followers. 

Leaving politics (and her shape and size) aside for a moment and looking at a person as a "whole" (as I like to do!especially when they are down and out..Jayalalitha's personal story is quite remarkable as it still unfolds..she truly is one-of-a-kind..and historical figure.

As a woman..smart, attractive, talented movie star with a male mentor- who was not her father or husband..taking the reins in a totally male-dominated world..adored by men and rising to power..but, on the personal side..always alone-isolated..finally trusted one woman friend and ironically was brought down by helping her..while the men in droves support and protect her! Her life is like a movie..can't script the story lines..

Love her or hate her..she is an iron lady.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:36 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

That should start from your own (not your's literally) family. Tell your son to pay the traffic violation ticket than paying bribe to the traffic cop, don't cut the lines etc., these simple things make quite a bit of difference.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:41 am

Why only Jayalalitha now? How about all the others? When will get on the hook?
The lady was ruling TN well, i guess. Now what will happen to TN?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:43 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

That should start from your own (not your's literally) family. Tell your son to pay the traffic violation ticket than paying bribe to the traffic cop, don't cut the lines etc., these simple things make quite a bit of difference.

Only ysr and jagan get the "get out of jail" card. Wonder why?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:07 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Only ysr and jagan get the "get out of jail" card. Wonder why?
I am sure, the Jagans of India are right now wondering if it is possible for them to turn the clock backwards. I hope he will be given a very rigorous punishment.

CD:  If my son bribes a cop, he will be thrown out of my house.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:10 am

I was not following the case closely..the verdict was a little surprising..and it has been an interesting morning watching the live news channels and the tamil social media just buzzing away!

Jayalalitha= AIADMK! But, we will see who that lucky person in her party is- who hit the jackpot today and will become CM.

And nice to see Stalin behave in a dignified manner as he does always, like him..as a politician and person (whether he ever becomes CM or not).

Moving on to do Sat. chores and weekend stuff.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am sure, the Jagans of India are right now wondering if it is possible for them to turn the clock backwards. I hope he will be given a very rigorous punishment.
I hope Jagan will be thrown into jail soon and banned from entering politics.

PS: I asked ppl from Kadapa why they support Jagan, in spite of knowing how corrupt he is. Their answer: He is from the region and will take care of the region and get water for us. Is not he, nobody else will. YSR started doing something good for the region, but died prematurely. Hopefully, his son will do.

It's all about water to Rayalaseema. Give them water, and nobody there will care for Jagan.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:16 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

......all Channels showing/discussing verdict while JJ TV is showing a cooking show on how to make "Vadai".
What took them so long?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:43 am

http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/jayalalithaa-stands-disqualified-as-mla-forthwith/article6452985.ece/?secid=2780

This news article provides some clarity on legal issues involved. As Vp said earlier, jj is gone and cannot contest elections for another 10 years unless she wins the case on appeal.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 am

Jayalalitha got first rank in her finalnschool.exams. even for an iyangar girl that is pretty smart.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:47 am

truthbetold wrote:http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/jayalalithaa-stands-disqualified-as-mla-forthwith/article6452985.ece/?secid=2780

This news article provides some clarity on legal issues involved. As Vp said earlier,  jj is gone and cannot contest elections for another 10 years unless she wins the case on appeal.
>>>>You never know. This woman has dodged the bullet several times. Even if she ends up within four walls, it is almost certain that she will call the shots through some proxy underling. Think John Gotti. Still, this is a good turn of events, despite it being long overdue. It sends a message to the political establishment that you have to pay the piper at some point. Even MK and his brothers and sisters in spirit across the nation are probably seeing they are not immune. With JJ, it is sad though that she wasted her smarts on becoming the idi amin of India.  She really could have been something. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, as the saying goes.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:53 am

Laloo was conviceted in a 800-cr scandal, went to jail and called the shots by making his wife Rabri the CM. Then he was acquitted and cleared on appeal... remember Indira and her conviction? Yeddy? Not easy to jail a politician in India under an inefficient and corrupt judiciary. TNers will brush this aside saying this is some old 1996 case and she has been careful not to indulge in overtly corrupt practices in her latest sojourn.

JJ has a much stronger control over AIADAMK than Laloo. Can anyone name another "leader" in the party?

She will make Paneerselvam as CM until the appeal process and keep rotating the CMs.

She is the Bal Thackerey of TN who is a vote getter and a puppeteer from the Fort or from the Jail.

P.S. I bet Kani, Stalin, Raja are the ones peeing in their bed. A precedent has been set and it is for the good.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:18 pm

i can sense some rueful support from the tambrahm-fake gowNder cabal for the fatty. i say let her hang.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:20 pm

I don't understand the verdict. 100 crore fine for JJ and 10 crore each for the other three crooks or one more year of jail if they fail to pay that. Give me 100 crore, nah, even 10 crore will do and i'll sit in the jail for a year. What kind of a verdict is that?

PS: I do applaud the bold move of the judiciary, but the sentencing should be more fair. They shouldn't be given any other choice but to cough up the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:25 pm

I remember that Shivaji Ganesan's grand daughter was married to this good for nothing foster son of JJ, the Sudhakaran dude. Is the hapless girl still married to him?

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i can sense some rueful support from the tambrahm-fake gowNder cabal for the fatty. i say let her hang.
Uppili has been saying that he is a goundar for the past 15-20 years. How did you suddenly realize that he is a tambrahm? And why did the evil loser suddenly start referring to him as gowNDer with ND capitalized ( you also in the above) ?
It is interesting that Rashmun said in one of his posts that BK has revealed the personal info of Uppili. So she told someone who told someone else and so on and it reached you and the evil loser?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:33 pm

P.S. I bet Kani, Stalin, Raja are the ones peeing in their bed. A precedent has been set and it is for the good.
>>
I wish they go after these goondas soon. I think DMK will be silent and will not comment much on the JJ's sentencing.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i can sense some rueful support from the tambrahm-fake gowNder cabal for the fatty. i say let her hang.

Tambrahmi or fakie or Goundar or not...The fatty is the lesser evil compared to the other Looting/warring side of MK Clan. There is some sense of stability in TN and some sense of authority and some sense of sense in the government. MK will not be ruling....Stalin and Alagiri and Kanimozhi will be rolling the dice with TN as the prize. That is not at all a good scenario. Here is a kicker for you. Dont be surprised if BJP gets a strong foothold in TN in this corrupt mess as it is the only party with the least dynastical trait among all.

TN will become a Keral or Andhra or Maha or worse - UP bcz this is not an evolutionary change but rather a creationist change.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:07 pm

b_A: I have zero interest in the personal lives of anyone who posts here. I have not been in communication with anyone about other posters' identities. What I say about uppili comes from many years of interacting with him at sulekha and here and deep knowledge of TN and its people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm

b_A wrote:
Uppili has been saying that he is a goundar for the past 15-20 years. How did you suddenly realize that he is a tambrahm?
Maybe max is not a tambram (an Iyer) as he claimed himself to be all along. Not that anyone cares!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 pm

I am glad you don't care. You shouldn't.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I am glad you don't care. You shouldn't.
I guess others don't care either.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:19 pm

That's even better. But I doubt it. Some people here have an insatiable appetite for information about other people's lives.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:That's even better. But I doubt it. Some people here have an insatiable appetite for information about other people's lives.
Then i guess this should be a nice fodder for them. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:34 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/karunanidhis-gopalapuram-residence-attacked/article6452727.ece

hooligans!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Tambrahmi or fakie or Goundar or not...The fatty is the lesser evil compared to the other Looting/warring side of MK Clan. There is some sense of stability in TN and some sense of authority and some sense of sense in the government. MK will not be ruling....Stalin and Alagiri and Kanimozhi will be rolling the dice with TN as the prize. That is not at all a good scenario. Here is a kicker for you.  Dont be surprised if BJP gets a strong foothold in TN in this corrupt mess as it is the only party with the least dynastical trait among all.

TN will become a Keral or Andhra or Maha or worse - UP bcz this is not an evolutionary change but rather a creationist change.

the people of TN can sort out the situation in their state just fine without your or my concern. a corrupt politician is being made to pay for her excesses. let us celebrate that. just because there are many other equally if not more corrupt assholes including the DMK thugs, does not mean we shouldn't be happy about this outcome.

maybe this will make the people of TN look for choices outside the speechifiers and fat cinema stars who live off of the fat of the land for effective leadership.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/karunanidhis-gopalapuram-residence-attacked/article6452727.ece

hooligans!

Funny...just in the last 2 days I learnt that my close friends/relatives are buddies/related to Sivaji Ganesan and also another relative/ acquaintance who lives within 100 yards of MK's house in Gopalapuram.

Will get "reliable" status tonite.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:18 pm

b_A wrote:
Uppili has been saying that he is a goundar for the past 15-20 years. How did you suddenly realize that he is a tambrahm? And why did the evil loser suddenly start referring to him as gowNDer with ND capitalized ( you also in the above) ?
It is interesting that Rashmun said in one of his posts that BK has revealed the personal info of Uppili. So she told someone who told someone else and so on and it reached you and the evil loser?

wasn't it your new bestie Rashmun who outed that info?

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:b_A: I have zero interest in the personal lives of anyone who posts here. I have not been in communication with anyone about other posters' identities. What I say about uppili comes from many years of interacting with him at sulekha and here and deep knowledge of TN and its people.
So, calling somebody a tambrami-fake gowNDer is about the content of a post and not personal info of the poster then.
OK.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Maria S wrote:Someone like- Subramaniam Swamy has such blatant disrespect and utter contempt of Tamilians and Tamilian interests in general..hard to trust someone like him and wonder about their agenda(s) as well.

Just because he doesn't support Tamil chauvinism, nationalism or terrorism, it means he has "blatant disrespect and utter contempt for Tamilians and Tamilian interests"? Or, is it because he cares for national interests more than narrow, divisive parochial interests? Is it hard to trust him because he talks about Hindu interests? I bet you couldn't point out a single wrong thing that he has done in his 70+ years of life. He is fearless, impeccable and brilliant at what he does! We should be distrustful and wonder about the agendas of people who don't support Swamy or who question his crusade against corruption and anti-national forces. Such people are the true dangers to the health of the nation. Thankfully, most such people on this board are outside the country, can't or don't vote, and don't have their voice heard outside the echo chambers of this board.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Maria S wrote:I was not following the case closely..the verdict was a little surprising..and it has been an interesting morning watching the live news channels and the tamil social media just buzzing away!

Jayalalitha= AIADMK! But, we will see who that lucky person in her party is- who hit the jackpot today and will become CM.

And nice to see Stalin behave in a dignified manner as he does always, like him..as a politician and person (whether he ever becomes CM or not).

Moving on to do Sat. chores and weekend stuff.
>>>Whoever it is, she will still call the shots. On Stalin(not the original one), even my dad thought he was pretty dignified. He met him once maybe 15 years ago, with regard to some municipal work in the area my parents lived. My dad is very objective about people and quite likely not a political fan of the man, but on a personal level he seems to have been pleasantly surprised.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:14 pm

b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:b_A: I have zero interest in the personal lives of anyone who posts here. I have not been in communication with anyone about other posters' identities. What I say about uppili comes from many years of interacting with him at sulekha and here and deep knowledge of TN and its people.
So, calling somebody a tambrami-fake gowNDer is about the content of a post and not personal info of the poster then.
OK.
According to his logic and analysis, he himself can't be a tambram.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Max is tambram all right. maria posted about his grandfather. he himself alluded to his background many times.
he seems to have special love towards iyengar types. Fatty jaya, thaiyar sadam eating srinivasan etc. i still do not know the significance of thaiyar sadam.

this is not the first time he said uppili is a tambram and a fake gounnder.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello to you too, Some Profile.

Let's face it..it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I am not sure how religion got into this..frankly, I have only read Swamy's statements about Tamilians- interests and struggles and they were quite insensitive and unkind. I don't know much about his religious support and views. Looks like you are an admirer..and am sure you have your reasons.

*There is not a single Indian/Tamilian..political leader past/present, who was/is a Christian I like or admire! I find the few Indian Christian politicians I know..lacking in charisma, purpose or substance. All the politicians I like (and would vote for, if I could) are Hindus or Atheists..can't think of any prominent Muslim politicians at this time.

In any case..good to know that "some people's voices" can be powerful outside this forum.  If mine was powerful, it would be for other causes, not politics.

Absence apparently does not always make people feel fonder (whatever that means!)

take care.

Last edited by Maria S on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:25 pm

truthbetold wrote:Max is tambram all right. maria posted about his grandfather. he himself alluded to his background many times.
he seems to have special love towards iyengar types. Fatty jaya, thaiyar sadam eating srinivasan etc. i still do not know the significance of thaiyar sadam.

>>Aside: Do you when this 'Tambram' coinage came about and who coined it? The first time I heard it was on Sulekha. Are there similar terms like TelBram, TelRed, HinKhsat etc.?Smile I guess TW would be a HinBram. KV will be EelWhatever...

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Kris wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Max is tambram all right. maria posted about his grandfather. he himself alluded to his background many times.

>>Aside: Do you when this 'Tambram' coinage came about and who coined it? The first time I heard it was on Sulekha. Are there similar terms like TelBram, TelRed, HinKhsat etc.?Smile I guess TW would be a HinBram. KV will be EelWhatever...

lol @ hinbram... i think i was determined to be a trivedi, according to the modern meaning of the term.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next