Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

+12
SomeProfile
FluteHolder
b_A
Kris
southindian
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
Vakavaka Pakapaka
nevada
Maria S
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence  - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Maria S wrote:Hello to you too, Some Profile.

Let's face it..it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I am not sure how religion got into this..frankly, I have only read Swamy's statements about Tamilians- interests and struggles and they were quite insensitive and unkind. I don't know much about his religious support and views. Looks like you are an admirer..and am sure you have your reasons.

*There is not a single Indian/Tamilian..political leader past/present, who was/is a Christian I like or admire! I find the few Indian Christian politicians I know..lacking in charisma, purpose or substance. All the politicians I like (and would vote for, if I could) are Hindus or Atheists..can't think of any prominent Muslim politicians at this time.

In any case..good to know that "some people's voices" can be powerful outside this forum.  If mine was powerful, it would be for other causes, not politics.

Absence apparently does not always make people feel fonder (whatever that means!)

take care.
Maria, that loose canon Swamy wears XXXL size chaddi hence the admiration.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence  - Page 2 Empty Re: JJ Amma - ruled Guilty: TN in Turmoil, clash and violence

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Mr. CD,

I am going to leave that one alone and move on to something black and white:)

Have been thinking about Jayalalitha a lot.. her life, esp. early years..have mixed feelings about her..like her more as an actress than a politician..looks like already women in the social media are turning her into a martyr!

Like this song..
English translation of a few lines..

"When I am in agony..why are your eyes crying for me (implied- when you pretend not to care)?
When the world is turning and changing..why do seem so dazed?
I came to see you yesterday, I am here today..I will return to see you tomorrow"..

Last edited by Maria S on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Let's face it..it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I am not sure how religion got into this..frankly, I have only read Swamy's statements about Tamilians- interests and struggles and they were quite insensitive and unkind. I don't know much about his religious support and views. Looks like you are an admirer..and am sure you have your reasons.

*There is not a single Indian/Tamilian..political leader past/present, who was/is a Christian I like or admire! I find the few Indian Christian politicians I know..lacking in charisma, purpose or substance. All the politicians I like (and would vote for, if I could) are Hindus or Atheists..can't think of any prominent Muslim politicians at this time.

In any case..good to know that "some people's voices" can be powerful outside this forum.  If mine was powerful, it would be for other causes, not politics.

Absence apparently does not always make people feel fonder (whatever that means!)

take care.

The same XXXL chaddi was anti RSS and BJP in the 90s and of course, I guess you thought THAT XXXL chaddi was alright and secular.

Swamy's SIL is a musalman - FYI. and his daughter is a liberal in YOUR biased mould. He is not like YOUR Iyer who likes to lick italian shoes.

This Swamy was also JJ's close advisor in the early 2000s and a supporter, after having filed charges agianst JJ. In short, he is a firecracker who does what he thinks is right. He does not believe he has to be diplomatic or "flexible" as there is nothing left in his life. Eitherway he has been like that and that only all his life. Dont think for a min that this guy has any love for DMK. This guys is a Bombay Iyer and his tamil is broken IYER tamil from a typical Naarthie Tambrahm.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Max is tambram all right. maria posted about his grandfather. he himself alluded to his background many times.
he seems to have special love towards iyengar types. Fatty jaya, thaiyar sadam eating srinivasan etc. i still do not know the significance of thaiyar sadam.

this is not the first time he said uppili is a tambram and a fake gounnder.

>>Aside: Do you when this 'Tambram' coinage came about and who coined it? The first time I heard it was on Sulekha. Are there similar terms like TelBram, TelRed, HinKhsat etc.?Smile I guess TW would be a HinBram. KV will be EelWhatever...

lol @ hinbram... i think i was determined to be a trivedi, according to the modern meaning of the term.
>>>I should be a chaturvedi but am really a 'zero'vedi

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:Max is tambram all right. maria posted about his grandfather. he himself alluded to his background many times.
he seems to have special love towards iyengar types. Fatty jaya, thaiyar sadam eating srinivasan etc. i still do not know the significance of thaiyar sadam.

You are now mixing iyers and Iyengar...Typically Iyers like Max and Kris - hate Iyengars (traditionally...this is a 1000 yr enmity like the Shia-sunni divide). It is somewhat rare to see Iyer-Iyengar couple...while you can see Iyer/Iyengar - other type couples more commonly.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

take care.

The same XXXL chaddi was anti RSS and BJP in the 90s and of course, I guess you thought THAT XXXL chaddi was alright and secular.

Swamy's SIL is a musalman - FYI. and his daughter is a liberal in YOUR biased mould. He is not like YOUR Iyer who likes to lick italian shoes.  

This Swamy was also JJ's close advisor in the early 2000s and a supporter, after having filed charges agianst JJ. In short, he is a firecracker who does what he thinks is right. He does not believe he has to be diplomatic or "flexible" as there is nothing left in his life. Eitherway he has been like that and that only all his life. Dont think for a min that this guy has any love for DMK. This guys is a Bombay Iyer and his tamil is broken IYER tamil from a typical Naarthie Tambrahm.

Subramanian Swamy married Roxna Swamy (a Parsi) in June 1966 whom he met at Harvard.[112] Then she had obtained PhD in Mathematics[113] who is now an advocate at the Supreme Court of India.[114][115] They have two daughters, Gitanjali Swamy,a private equity investment professional in the US, married to Sanjay Sarma, a professor at MIT and Suhasini Haider, a strategic & diplomatic affairs Editor [116] at The Hindu married to Nadeem Haidar (SOAS alumni), son of Salman Haider, former foreign secretary and external affairs minister in 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

take care.

Subramanian Swamy married Roxna Swamy (a Parsi) in June 1966 whom he met at Harvard.[112] Then she had obtained PhD in Mathematics[113] who is now an advocate at the Supreme Court of India.[114][115] They have two daughters, Gitanjali Swamy,a private equity investment professional in the US, married to Sanjay Sarma, a professor at MIT and Suhasini Haider, a strategic & diplomatic affairs Editor [116] at The Hindu married to Nadeem Haidar (SOAS alumni), son of Salman Haider, former foreign secretary and external affairs minister in 1997
I know the history of this self-aggrandizing fool who gloats nonstop about his accomplishments and takes credit for others.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
I know the history of this self-aggrandizing fool who gloats nonstop about his accomplishments and takes credit for others.

If he is a fool, what do you call the Peon and the Bar Mata ? self-aggrandizing Loots?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:19 pm

You are now mixing iyers and Iyengar...Typically Iyers like Max and Kris - hate Iyengars (traditionally...this is a 1000 yr enmity like the Shia-sunni divide). It is somewhat rare to see Iyer-Iyengar couple...while you can see Iyer/Iyengar - other type couples more commonly.
Only Iyengar that Max liked ever is Batma.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:24 pm

b_A wrote:

Who is batma?

Uppili,

Special love = intense dislike.

Even Rajaji got that special love.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:29 pm

truthbetold wrote:
b_A wrote:

Who is batma?

That is wrong..

pathma is right in LTTE and Goundar dialect

Padhma - in Tambrahmi dialect

adiyE paathuu - Iyer lingo.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Kris wrote:

>>Aside: Do you when this 'Tambram' coinage came about and who coined it? The first time I heard it was on Sulekha. Are there similar terms like TelBram, TelRed, HinKhsat etc.?Smile I guess TW would be a HinBram. KV will be EelWhatever...
Kris,

I read the term tambram outside sulekha. My guess is that it was coined in the last two decades probably by mumbaikars or may be by some marriage site.  I do not have a need to call telugu brahmins anything other than brahmins.  In Hyderabad I heard  the term 'bomman' but do not know if it is used outside of hyd.  I heard the term kannada brahmin in hyd but referenced to individuals.  It came up in discussion with friends who married kannada brahmins.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:
b_A wrote:

Who is batma?

That is wrong..

Isn't it ironic that this thread turned into full-fledged caste discussion by the sitting-on-a-high-horse-I-am-better-than-all-of-you Schadenfreude filled snobby poster who first referred to the caste of another poster?

Evil Loser,
Is the usage of "Ironic" appropriate in the above sentence?

Saamiyaar,
Spell both batma and padma in the tamil script.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:41 pm

>>>WTF? Lemme paraphrase Shakespeare ' my only love(s) sprang from my only hate(s)'. Rest assured that all groups I am supposed to hate have figured in sometime or the other...Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Kris wrote:

Kris,

I read the term tambram outside sulekha. My guess is that it was coined in the last two decades probably by mumbaikars or may be by some marriage site.  I do not have a need to call telugu brahmins anything other than brahmins.  In Hyderabad I heard  the term 'bomman' but do not know if it is used outside of hyd.  I heard the term kannada brahmin in hyd but referenced to individuals.  It came up in discussion with friends who married kannada brahmins.
>>>Ok. Was just curious. The matri site makes sense.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:42 pm

my irritation with my own tribe in this context has only to do with them treating JJ with kid gloves.  these are the same folks who whine and complain every day about corruption in TN and india in general, but then go soft on JJ. i have little patience for that. it's not just the folks on this forum.  

n.srinivasan is a scion of the sankaralinga iyer family who founded india cements. he too is a corrupt fatso who treats indian cricket like it was his rented whore, and deserves every ounce of hatred and derision every indian cricket lover can muster. TBT's error is understandable. iyers often have vaishnavite names, because they never define themselves as exclusively saivite hindus. when a splinter group define themselves as x, the remaining group doesn't automatically become x-complement if they never signed up to be called x-complement in the first place.

rajaji deserves every tamil lover's disdain because he signed on to the original gandhi-nehruvian hindi pushing agenda, which was properly dealt with and rejected.  i do like some of his CM compositions in tamil though, like this one:

a few more tribe members i dislike - subrahmanyam swamy and mani shankar iyer. i'll let TBT discover their antecedents.  the rest of his blather was amusing to read.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:08 pm

looks like that touched a raw nerve.  I was only presenting observed facts ( i stand corrected on one of them).  

what is the deal with Thayar sadam?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"

She is the Bal Thackerey of TN who is a vote getter and a puppeteer from the Fort or from the Jail.

P.S. I bet Kani, Stalin, Raja are the ones peeing in their bed. A precedent has been set and it is for the good.[/quote]

Just as I mentioned my post above:

Karunanidhi’s stoic silence is easily understood from the fact that that his Rajya Sabha daughter Kanimozhi and party propaganda secretary A. Raja face verdict in the 2G case in some months. Add his grandnephew Dayanidhi Maran's inclusion in the Aircel-Maxis charge sheet; days are not far when a similar fate might stare at the DMK, which is struggling to recover from successive poll drubbings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:22 pm

She is the Bal Thackerey of TN who is a vote getter and a puppeteer from the Fort or from the Jail.

P.S. I bet Kani, Stalin, Raja are the ones peeing in their bed. A precedent has been set and it is for the good.[/quote]

Karunanidhi’s stoic silence is easily understood from the fact that that his Rajya Sabha daughter Kanimozhi and party propaganda secretary A. Raja face verdict in the 2G case in some months. Add his grandnephew Dayanidhi Maran's inclusion in the Aircel-Maxis charge sheet; days are not far when a similar fate might stare at the DMK, which is struggling to recover from successive poll drubbings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 pm

give the 2G case also to d'cunha. seems like a capable judge.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:18 pm

...woww..my post repeated 5 times... Ok..I now recall.. After I clicked "Send" it was "transferring" for an unusually long time. Now I see why. Some goof up in the server...it probably timed out and kept resetting/repeating the transfer.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:31 pm

it's possible TN may go under president's rule for a while until things settle down.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/chennai-comes-to-a-standstill/article6453270.ece
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's possible TN may go under president's rule for a while until things settle down.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/chennai-comes-to-a-standstill/article6453270.ece

I am not sure if that is legally possible JJ has to refuse to quit. The Gov can send a notification with a deadline for JJ to resign. If she does not resign, he can then constitutionally dismiss the Govt and keep the assembly suspended - like that in Delhi. Either AIADMK can come with a new leader or horse trading can occur. DMK - given their own precarious scandals looming - not like to play horsetrading (TN is not UP or Haryana). Even if MDMK, DMDK, and PMK join with DMK, it falls seriously short.

But, it is not good for TN in terms of plans and programs. JJ is too selfish not to develop ANY leadership in her party.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:49 pm

....Amma spends the night in Jail...but then WTF is this Tamasha?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:31 pm

I hopw whoever succeeds her as CM has strong backbone to stand up to Hindians. She did that selectively in the past few years.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:30 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I hopw whoever succeeds her as CM has strong backbone to stand up to Hindians. She did that selectively in the past few years.

Learn SOMETHING about TN, TN politics, and TN Governments before blabbering some non-sense.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:45 am

Maria S wrote:Not defending Jayalalitha and others on the list (*and many others who are not on the list), who deserve punishment for their crimes..and hopefully these convictions will set an example to minimize corruption..and someday even completely be transformed.

Having said that, I hope (any) Central Govt does not overtly or covertly influence the Judicial system to manipulate State Govt politics. 

Someone like- Subramaniam Swamy has such blatant disrespect and utter contempt of Tamilians and Tamilian interests in general..hard to trust someone like him and wonder about their agenda(s) as well.
Where exactly did he show disrespect for Tamilians and "Tamilian Interests" ?
He is an ethnic Tamilian.

I do not think he has any fixed agenda. It keeps changing over the years. But he was known to be one of the prime architect of the 1991 reforms, as it was based on his report, when he was in the chandrasekhar government.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:47 am

Maria S wrote:Not defending Jayalalitha and others on the list (*and many others who are not on the list), who deserve punishment for their crimes..and hopefully these convictions will set an example to minimize corruption..and someday even completely be transformed.

Having said that, I hope (any) Central Govt does not overtly or covertly influence the Judicial system to manipulate State Govt politics. 
The courts are in Karnataka. So I do not know what you are talking about ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 am

Kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am sure, the Jagans of India are right now wondering if it is possible for them to turn the clock backwards. I hope he will be given a very rigorous punishment.
I hope Jagan will be thrown into jail soon and banned from entering politics.

PS: I asked ppl from Kadapa why they support Jagan, in spite of knowing how corrupt he is. Their answer: He is from the region and will take care of the region and get water for us. Is not he, nobody else will. YSR started doing something good for the region, but died prematurely. Hopefully, his son will do.

It's all about water to Rayalaseema. Give them water, and nobody there will care for Jagan.
If Waters of river Krishna could be ferried to Madras, why can't it be sent by Canals to Rayalseema ? Is there a natural block like mountains OR does the water have to go against the gravity, since the southern India slopes upwards from east to west ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:14 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

take care.

I think his wife also is not a Hindu, and is a Parsi.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:34 am

rawemotions wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am sure, the Jagans of India are right now wondering if it is possible for them to turn the clock backwards. I hope he will be given a very rigorous punishment.
I hope Jagan will be thrown into jail soon and banned from entering politics.

PS: I asked ppl from Kadapa why they support Jagan, in spite of knowing how corrupt he is. Their answer: He is from the region and will take care of the region and get water for us. Is not he, nobody else will. YSR started doing something good for the region, but died prematurely. Hopefully, his son will do.

It's all about water to Rayalaseema. Give them water, and nobody there will care for Jagan.
If Waters of river Krishna could be ferried to Madras, why can't it be sent by Canals to Rayalseema ? Is there a natural block like mountains OR does the water have to go against the gravity, since the southern India slopes upwards from east to west ?

Raw
That is why polavaram project is so important. It can collect enormous loss into sea and help stabilize coastal aster needs and send some to nellore and somasila project. According to news reports, there is a plan to provide kadapa with 30 tmc water from polavaram in second phase. It is expensive since the last portion has to be lift Irrigated. It will take 5 to 10 years.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:20 am

O. Paneerselvam is the new TN Chief Minister.

Seems like a logical choice, based on personal loyalty, experience and easy transition.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/paneerselvam-is-new-tn-chief-minister/article6454823.ece

On a funny note..thought it was a joke..but, apparently not!
Fighting to get into jail "Please, please put us in jail too"..and the police had to fight and keep them away and say "No way"..Smile

https://www.facebook.com/dinakarannews/photos/a.420417614663044.88918.107459262625549/803427159695419/?type=1&fref=nf
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:49 am

what a bunch of toadies and cry babies these ministers. they need a collective injection of testosterone. grow a few pairs ninnies!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 am

Would Pannerselvam carry some kind of symbol like Bharata in ramayana?  Obviously foorwear would be too embarrassing in this day and age.  What is your guess?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:46 am

truthbetold wrote:Would Pannerselvam carry some kind of symbol like Bharata in ramayana?  Obviously foorwear would be too embarrassing in this day and age.  What is your guess?

that is a good analogy. he will have Amma's photo everywhere in his (amma's offoce), his table, home, wallet, car etc...He is NOT Sadananda Gowda and of course Yeddy is no Amma.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:04 am

b_A wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
b_A wrote:

Who is batma?

That is wrong..

Isn't it ironic that this thread turned into full-fledged caste discussion by the sitting-on-a-high-horse-I-am-better-than-all-of-you Schadenfreude filled snobby poster who first referred to the caste of another poster?

Evil Loser,
Is the usage of "Ironic" appropriate in the above sentence?

Saamiyaar,
Spell both batma and padma in the tamil script.

pathetic cheap thrill pedestrian Rolling Eyes trying to bait upps'  "padhma" and switch to your "padma" ?

batma =பட்மா while padhma=பத்மா. now, go bite upps rofl

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:56 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:my irritation with my own tribe in this context has only to do with them treating JJ with kid gloves.  these are the same folks who whine and complain every day about corruption in TN and india in general, but then go soft on JJ. i have little patience for that. it's not just the folks on this forum.  

n.srinivasan is a scion of the sankaralinga iyer family who founded india cements. he too is a corrupt fatso who treats indian cricket like it was his rented whore, and deserves every ounce of hatred and derision every indian cricket lover can muster. TBT's error is understandable. iyers often have vaishnavite names, because they never define themselves as exclusively saivite hindus. when a splinter group define themselves as x, the remaining group doesn't automatically become x-complement if they never signed up to be called x-complement in the first place.

rajaji deserves every tamil lover's disdain because he signed on to the original gandhi-nehruvian hindi pushing agenda, which was properly dealt with and rejected.  i do like some of his CM compositions in tamil though, like this one:

a few more tribe members i dislike - subrahmanyam swamy and mani shankar iyer. i'll let TBT discover their antecedents.  the rest of his blather was amusing to read.

Is this an example of "self-loathing-tambrahm-behavior" that you rile so much against?
or
An attempt to earn some brownie points from the evil loser that you are not performing any caste/sub-caste based duties?

PS: For all his rants, the evil loser is very good at performing his sub-caste based duties. If a person from any other group did what Mathew Martoma did, he would've faced the full wrath and scorching condemnation from the evil loser. And did you ever observe him saying anything negative about his sub-caste? So, take it easy. You don;t have to put up a show to impress the evil loser.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:04 pm

b_A i have nothing to do with your battles with FF. they are your own doing. my opinions on various events and people have always been as i've stated them here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:21 pm

truthbetold wrote:looks like that touched a raw nerve.  I was only presenting observed facts ( i stand corrected on one of them).  

it is a denigratory term to refer to Iyengars and despite his efforts to be PC most of the time, Max isn't reluctant to use it.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:37 pm

eh? It's food item that's commonly rate by many TAmils. And my favorite way of eating it is with vadu manga.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:b_A i have nothing to do with your battles with FF. they are your own doing. my opinions on various events and people have always been as i've stated them here.
OK. So you are not trying to ingratiate when you refer to Srinivas as thayir sadam. Got it.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:eh? It's food item that's commonly rate by many TAmils. And my favorite way of eating it is with vadu manga.

But is it a food item when you refer to a person as thayir sadam?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:41 pm

b_A wrote:
truthbetold wrote:looks like that touched a raw nerve.  I was only presenting observed facts ( i stand corrected on one of them).  

it is a denigratory term to refer to Iyengars and despite his efforts to be PC most of the time, Max isn't reluctant to use it.
You confirmed my suspicion about thiyar sadam. But why?  All temples in TN have thiyar sadam and tamarind rice (use pepper).  I am not able to see the derogatory part of it.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:eh? It's food item that's commonly rate by many TAmils. And my favorite way of eating it is with vadu manga.

it's unhealthy to eat it every day for lunch; it has very little nutritional value. most of the brahmin boys i knew at school ate thayir saadam every day. if i remember correctly, n. srinivasan, and the boys descended from kasturirangan of "the hindu" also did. most of them didn't eat vegetables with the thayir saadam, just pickles, i think.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:my irritation with my own tribe in this context has only to do with them treating JJ with kid gloves.  these are the same folks who whine and complain every day about corruption in TN and india in general, but then go soft on JJ. i have little patience for that. it's not just the folks on this forum.  

n.srinivasan is a scion of the sankaralinga iyer family who founded india cements. he too is a corrupt fatso who treats indian cricket like it was his rented whore, and deserves every ounce of hatred and derision every indian cricket lover can muster.

Are you sure ????

Early life and education

Srinivasan was born at Kallidaikurichi, Tirunelveli district, Tamil Nadu in a Pillai Kshatriya family.[12] He is the son of T. S. Narayanaswami, one of the first employees of India Cements. He holds a BSc (Tech) from Loyola College, Chennai and Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA

So is N. Srinivasan a Brahmin ? iS Pillai caste - like Goundar - a Tambrahm caste?

If Swap-na went to school with N. Srini and all that vadu Mangai story is true... and Swap-na went to IIT Madras, N Srini went to BSc (tech) at Loyala ? What gives here ?

BTW, I never knew that Loyola had something called BSc (TECH).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:31 pm

n.srinivasan is a scion of the sankaralinga iyer family who founded india cements. he too is a corrupt fatso who treats indian cricket like it was his rented whore, and deserves every ounce of hatred and derision every indian cricket lover can muster.

Are you sure ????

Early life and education

Srinivasan was born at Kallidaikurichi, Tirunelveli district, Tamil Nadu in a Pillai Kshatriya family.[12] He is the son of T. S. Narayanaswami, one of the first employees of India Cements. He holds a BSc (Tech) from Loyola College, Chennai and Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA

So is N. Srinivasan a Brahmin ? iS Pillai caste - like Goundar - a Tambrahm caste?

If Swap-na went to school with N. Srini and all that vadu Mangai story is true... and Swap-na went to IIT Madras, N Srini went to BSc (tech) at Loyala ? What gives here ?

BTW, I never knew that Loyola had something called BSc (TECH).

hahaha..the details of origins of high-life folks, just like the many avatars, are always shrouded in mystery... scratch

aside - BTW, upps, how's b_A's 'bite' * - would you recommend to others?  Razz

* see my post above, on his subverting your padhma to padma -

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Is n srinivasan back as BCCI chairman or president?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next