Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sajan - memories

Go down

Sajan - memories Empty Sajan - memories

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 pm

memory triggered by https://such.forumotion.com/t257p450-what-are-you-listening-to-right-now#186446

- watched the movie on a crisp sunny evening in Sept 1991.
- I was wearing a 3-quarter-sleeves, boat neck, pink-with-big-white-dots top; and white pants (to think I wore white pants once Shocked)
- Had spent the afternoon strolling around the town with someone who we dropped off at the train station before going to watch the movie.
- Loved both Dutt and Salman Khan at the time. To some extent, the crush is still alive, their criminal background being the only disturbing nagging little part that plays out sometimes.
- One of our movie companions was an actor-wannabe at the time (struggler in Mumbai), so he kept updating us with important movie/stars/set related anecdotes that he knew first hand. Enhanced the star-power in the mind while watching the movie.
- I LOVED the movie. One other woman companion HATED it, too sappy for her. In retrospect, it was sappy indeed. But I was too busy watching the two male stars to notice it.
- I had a mixed tape. Songs of Sajan on one side, and songs on Baaghi on another side.
- That year my schedule would be to go to an early class in the morning; come home and take a bath; eat breakfast and leave for another class. It was in this getting ready and eating breakfast period that I would play this cassette. Daily. Baaghi, one day, Saajan, the next day. Sorta same routine through the year. I can sometimes taste omelet w/toasted-bread w/ketchup even now while listening to these songs.

overall, fond memories of a good past.

Back to top Go down