Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Goddess

+9
Merlot Daruwala
garam_kuta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
goodcitizn
MaxEntropy_Man
TruthSeeker
confuzzled dude
swapna
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Goddess Empty My Goddess

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 pm

My Goddess Kali

May she always love me, protect me, bless me, and forgive all my sins.

Back to top Go down

My Goddess Empty Re: My Goddess

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Sorry for being selfish. May her blessings and her love be bestowed on all those who love and revere her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm

a related note: according to sufi saints there are two types of love--haqiqi ishq and majazi ishq. the former is love between man and God and the latter between man and woman. in the sufi songs there is a lot of talk about love so much so that one suspects they are singing about the romantic love between a man and  a woman. But no, they are being mischievous--they are actually singing about the love between man and God.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:24 pm

scary! troubling.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Rashmun wrote:a related note: according to sufi saints there are two types of love--haqiqi ishq and majazi ishq. the former is love between man and God and the latter between man and woman. in the sufi songs there is a lot of talk about love so much so that one suspects they are singing about the romantic love between a man and  a woman. But no, they are being mischievous--they are actually singing about the love between man and God.

clarification: sufi saints are actually talking of haqiqi ishq when they seem to be talking of majazi ishq; with me its the reverse.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:My Goddess Kali

May she always love me, protect me, bless me, and forgive all my sins.
Name: Kali is so called because She devours Kala (time) and then resumes Her own dark formlessness. She is the embodiment of three gunas (qualities of nature): She creates with Her sattva guna (quality of goodness and purity), preserves with rajas (passion and activity), and destroys with tamas (ignorance and inertia).

Complexion: Her complexion is deep blue, like the sky. As the sky is limitless, so is She. From a distance one sees the ocean water as blue, but it is colorless and transparent when examined closely.

Crescent above the forehead: She is the giver of liberation.

Earrings: Images of two little babies hang from Her ears; this means that She favors childlike devotees.

Smiling face: She is ever-blissful.

Tongue: Kali's white teeth symbolize sattva or serenity; Her red tongue, rajas, or activity; and Her drunkenness: tamas or inertia. The meaning: tamas can be conquered by rajas, and rajas by sattva.

Full breast: She is the nourisher of all beings.

Terrible form: She is the mother of the universe as well as the destroyer. When a mother spanks her child, it does not mean that she is cruel; she disciplines her child for its own good.

Necklace: It consist of fifty skulls that represent the fifty letters of the Sanskrit alphabet, the origin of sound. She is Shabda Brahman (Sound-Brahman), or Logos-the source of creation.

Two right arms: The upper right arm grants fearlessness, and the lower right arm offers boons. She protects Her children from danger, and She fulfills their desires.

Two left arms: She holds a sword with the upper left arm and a severed head with the lower. She can cut human bondage with the sword of knowledge, and She imparts wisdom to the head, the receptacle of supreme wisdom.

Naked form: She is called digambari, "clad in space." She is infinite, so no finite dress can cover Her.

Waist: Kali's waist is encircled with a girdle of severed human arms that represent action. All human actions and their results go to the Divine Mother. At the end of a cycle all souls merge with Kali; during creation they again evolve with their respective karmas.

Shiva is under Her feet: Shiva and Shakti are always together. He is the changeless aspect of the Supreme, and She the apparently changing aspect of the same. Shiva is pure cosmic consciousness, and Kali is cosmic energy. No creation is possible without their union. Siva cannot manifest without the power of Kali, and Kali cannot function without the consciousness of Shiva.

Dakshina Kali and Vama Kali: If Her right foot is forward, She is Dakshina Kali (benign form); and if Her left foot is forward, Vama Kali (terrible form).
http://www.goddess.ws/mother-kalis-picture.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:44 pm

December 31st. New years resolution. Lose 10 lbs. Get a promotion. Start a new business. 

How do we go about achieving our goals even in materialistic world? 

Broadly, the process is always the same – 

1. Invoke raw energy, Remove negative energy -  Obstacles, greasy food, bad habits

2. Direct raw energy, Invoke positive energy - Start exercising, eat healthy, hard work

3. Work through the process of success, Learn – ready to acquire knowledge and success.

This is exactly what Navaraatri [literally ‘nine nights’] is. The goal is to achieve the Truth within.

Three nights and one Goddess each for the above three sub-processes.

This series starts with Goddess Kaali, who she really is.

Meaning of Kaali 

Symbolism 

Garland consisting of 

human heads 

Hands holding sword 

and a severed head 

Other two hands 

Depicted naked 

Dark or Black color 

Protruding tongue 

Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Vivekananda were devout followers of Kali.

Just like anything in Hinduism, its not like one day some folks got up and said - Hey, we do not 

have enough Goddesses to pray to - why don't we start this Kali, Durga and Sarswati Puja? And 

lets pray to them for 9 nights! 

So, whats behind this - in addition to the Garbha dance, celebrations in pandaals and festive

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:04 pm

swapna wrote:scary! troubling.

there is a lot of philosophical symbolism in the Kali picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:12 am

Rashmun wrote:

that's the 7,358th time I've heard that poor excuse for bad taste. why does philosophical symbolism have to look ugly, cruel, and scary? severed head held by the hair with blood flowing and entrails exposed? ah, the conquest of evil? that's profound!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:22 am

swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

that's the 7,358th time I've heard that poor excuse for bad taste. why does philosophical symbolism have to look ugly, cruel, and scary? severed head held by the hair with blood flowing and entrails exposed? ah, the conquest of evil? that's profound!

the idea is to instill fear in the wicked. With respect to Kali holding the head, this is the head of a demon who had received a boon (i think from Lord Shiva) that when any drop of his blood falls on the ground then that drop will be converted into a replica of this demon and become another demon. So she had to ensure that no drop of his blood fell on the ground and hence she is holding a container under the head from which blood is dripping.

Notice how she seems to be trampling Shiva. She had gone mad in her anger and Shiva threw himself on the ground in front of her so that when she stomped on his chest her tongue came out in embarrassment at what she had done (trampling her husband Shiva) and she calmed down. I have heard of an alternative version of this story as to why her tongue is out ( i think, perhaps, because she is drinking the demon's blood to prevent it from falling on the ground and turning into replica demons).

As for good taste, how do you interpret a young caucasian male with his hands and feet nailed to a cross in the most ugly, cruel, and scary manner? Is that representative of superior taste?

one other point: many of these hindu myths have parallels in greek mythology.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 am

Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

the idea is to instill fear in the wicked. With respect to Kali holding the head, this is the head of a demon who had received a boon (i think from Lord Shiva) that when any drop of his blood falls on the ground then that drop will be converted into a replica of this demon and become another demon. So she had to ensure that no drop of his blood fell on the ground and hence she is holding a container under the head from which blood is dripping.

Notice how she seems to be trampling Shiva. She had gone mad in her anger and Shiva threw himself on the ground in front of her so that when she stomped on his chest her tongue came out in embarrassment at what she had done (trampling her husband Shiva) and she calmed down. I have heard of an alternative version of this story as to why her tongue is out ( i think, perhaps, because she is drinking the demon's blood to prevent it from falling on the ground and turning into replica demons).

As for good taste, how do you interpret a young caucasian male with his hands and feet nailed to a cross in the most ugly, cruel, and scary manner? Is that representative of superior taste?

I reject the repetition of fantasy and mythology as justification and rationalization of the worship of scary, ugly figures that are depicted disgustingly.

the last two paragraphs of your post above are irrelevant.

I shall be interested in hearing from hindu parents who live in the u.s. about any discussion they've had with their children on the worship of these fantastic entities. I have no doubt that they have questioned you about it. what were your answers? did they accept your answers without further questions?

do they and their children worship such goddesses? do the parents somehow force the children to do so?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:29 am

swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I reject the repetition of fantasy and mythology as justification and rationalization of the worship of scary, ugly figures that are depicted disgustingly.

I shall be interested in hearing from hindu parents who live in the u.s. about any discussion they've had with their children on the worship of these fantastic entities. I have no doubt that they have questioned you about it. what were your answers? did they accept your answers without further questions?

do they and their children worship such goddesses? do the parents somehow force the children to do so?
an edited version of my last paragraph above:

do you and your children worship such goddesses? do you somehow force your children to do so?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:15 am

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

do you and your children worship such goddesses? do you somehow force your children to do so?
i don't live in the U.S. BUT, 

CAN I ANSWER? 
CAN I ANSWER? 
CAN I ANSWER? 
CAN I ANSWER?

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:31 pm

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:

i don't live in the U.S. BUT, 

CAN I ANSWER? 
CAN I ANSWER? 
CAN I ANSWER? 
CAN I ANSWER?

I don't know if you can.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 pm

swapna: i am curious. before i answer your question, i have a clarification to seek. do you object to this particular image that rashmun posted, or to the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity (yes with multiple arms etc.) vanquishing the forces of evil?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:10 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:swapna: i am curious. before i answer your question, i have a clarification to seek. do you object to this particular image that rashmun posted, or to the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity (yes with multiple arms etc.) vanquishing the forces of evil?
your use of the word "object" above in connection with my post is an insinuation. this kind of insidious "cleverness" will only damage your credibility, especially with people who are not naive. 

you know very well whether I have objected to rashmun's post or not. and in my posts, I have stated my opinion and position quite clearly. 

here are four words, none meaning "objection," that succinctly describe what I experienced on seeing rashmun's post: shock, disgust, revulsion, *puke*.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:13 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.
an entirely irrelevant question.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:19 pm

swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:swapna: i am curious. before i answer your question, i have a clarification to seek. do you object to this particular image that rashmun posted, or to the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity (yes with multiple arms etc.) vanquishing the forces of evil?
your use of the word "object" above in connection with my post is an insinuation. this kind of insidious "cleverness" will only damage your credibility, especially with people who are not naive. 

you know very well whether I have objected to rashmun's post or not. and in my posts, I have stated my opinion and position quite clearly. 

here are four words, none meaning "objection," that succinctly describe what I experienced on seeing rashmun's post: shock, disgust, revulsion, *puke*.

my apologies for not being careful. please replace the sentence with the word "object" in my post with the following:

do you find this particular image rashmun posted objectionable, or do you find the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity vanquishing the forces of evil, objectionable? in other words is your reaction specific to just this image, or the entire genre of art based on this theme?

i did not then, and i am not now, trying to insinuate anything. it is a question born out of genuine curiosity and i am hoping we can have an interesting and polite conversation about this.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 pm

here are a few more images based on the same general theme:

My Goddess H2_1993.7

https://www.dma.org/collection/artwork/asian/durga-mahishasuramardini
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:18 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

Not so fast. You had said earlier, "I reject the repetition of fantasy and mythology as justification and rationalization of the worship of scary, ugly figures that are depicted disgustingly."

Don't you consider the crucifixion of Christ as gory, scary and ugly? That symbol of him beaten up and dying at the cross, bleeding in hands and feet, is seen in all the churches; and worshipped by those who are into Christianity. Isn't it equally a relevant question to ask if it is justified to worship something depicted so crudely?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:43 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:

my apologies for not being careful. please replace the sentence with the word "object" in my post with the following:

do you find this particular image rashmun posted objectionable, or do you find the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity vanquishing the forces of evil, objectionable? in other words is your reaction  specific to just this image, or the entire genre of art based on this theme?

i did not then, and i am not now, trying to insinuate anything. it is a question born out of genuine curiosity and i am hoping we can have an interesting and polite conversation about this.

Max, I honestly don't understand the difference between the two questions: (1) "Do you object to this particular image?" and (2) "Do you find the particular image objectionable?

Just asking. No big deal.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:49 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:

do you find this particular image rashmun posted objectionable, or do you find the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity vanquishing the forces of evil, objectionable? in other words is your reaction  specific to just this image, or the entire genre of art based on this theme?

Max, I honestly don't understand the difference between the two questions: (1) "Do you object to this particular image?" and (2) "Do you find the particular image objectionable?

Just asking. No big deal.

swapna made a fair point -- that he didn't object to the picture that rashmun posted. in fact he did not. he said he merely found it distasteful. so my characterization of what he said is inaccurate.

objectionable means finding something distasteful. that is in fact the word i had originally intended to use, but got distracted with something else, and when i finally did post, i said he objected to the image.  in any case, i stand corrected. i am still interested in learning whether he only finds that particular image distasteful (i do too for its crude and kitschy nature), or if he finds the entire genre of durga/mahishasura mardini art including ancient sculptures distasteful.  the latter can be found in many museums around the world and is one of many iconographic themes in hindu art alongside nataraja, ganesha etc.

it also finds expression in carnatic music (less important since it is more about music than about libretto) and bharathanatyam (more important), which he has said he enjoys.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:17 pm

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i don't have any children. Speaking for myself, i view Hanuman, Shiva, Kali, and all other Hindu Gods and Goddesses to symbolize intelligence, strength, energy, etc. According to the Upanishads, all the different Hindu Gods and Goddesses are different manifestations of the One God. It is a common mistake to think of Hinduism as a polytheistic religion.The apparent polytheism is something superficial; an intensive study of Hindu philosophy will reveal that theistic schools of Hindu philosophy believe in either monotheism or monism.
Emotionally, i am attached to Hindu iconography because of the way i was brought up. Intellectually i believe in Nature and the Laws of Nature and i believe there is no force over and above Nature and the Laws of Nature.

----

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:38 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

Not so fast. You had said earlier, "I reject the repetition of fantasy and mythology as justification and rationalization of the worship of scary, ugly figures that are depicted disgustingly."

Don't you consider the crucifixion of Christ as gory, scary and ugly? That symbol of him beaten up and dying at the cross, bleeding in hands and feet, is seen in all the churches; and worshipped by those who are into Christianity. Isn't it equally a relevant question to ask if it is justified to worship something depicted so crudely?
it's not, because I didn't post any disgusting picture here of a fantastic, naked humanoid holding the just-chopped-off head of a human being by the hair, while blood and entrails spill out of its neck into a bowl. and I didn't call that thing my goddess, did I?

indeed, I have never had or displayed a picture or some other depiction of any being or creature that's considered divine, including jesus, ever since I started living by myself, at the age of sixteen, at iit-m.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:44 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

it's not, because I didn't post any disgusting picture here of a fantastic, naked humanoid holding the just-chopped-off head of a human being by the hair, while blood and entrails spill out of its neck into a bowl. and I didn't call that thing my goddess, did I?

indeed, I have never had or displayed a picture or some other depiction of any being or creature that's considered divine, including jesus, ever since I started living by myself, at the age of sixteen, at iit-m.

when are you going to die? I'd like to be notified somehow so I can celebrate. should i just keep an eye out for your male loafer child's facebook updates or is there another way?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Meaning of Kaali
Kaali is the feminine of Kaala ["black, dark coloured"]. The homonymous Kaal "appointed time", which depending on context can mean "death".

Symbolism
Kali's most common four armed iconographic image shows each hand carrying variously a sword, a trishul (trident), a severed head and a bowl or skull-cup (kapala) catching the blood of the severed head.
Garland consisting of human heads
Variously enumerated at 108 (an auspicious number in Hinduism and the number of countable beads on a rosary) or 51, which represents the Garland of letters of the Sanskrit alphabet. Therefore she is generally seen as the mother of language, and all mantras.
Hands holding sword and a severed head
The Sword signifies Divine Knowledge and the Human Head signifies human Ego which must be slain by Divine Knowledge in order to attain Truth.

Other two hands
The other two hands (usually the right) are in the abhaya (fearless) and blessings posture, which means her initiated devotees (or anyone worshiping her with a true heart) will be saved as she will guide them here and in the hereafter.
Depicted naked
She is often depicted naked which symbolizes her being beyond the covering of Maya since she is pure (nirguna) being-consciousness-bliss and far above prakriti.

Dark or Black color
She is shown as very dark as she is energy (shakti) in its raw form – purely un-manifested state. She has no permanent qualities - she will continue to exist even when the universe ends. It is therefore believed that the concepts of color, light, good, bad do not apply to her -- she is the pure, un-manifested energy. Black color signifies to absorb all negative energy.
Protruding tongue
In tantric contexts, the tongue is seen to denote the element (guna) of Rajas (energy and action) controlled by Sattva, spiritual and godly qualities.

Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Vivekananda were devout followers of Kali.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 pm

thanks for the table TS. I must say i do not agree with many of the interpretations given including the interpretation given for "hands holding sword and a severed head", but this is the beauty of all myths including hindu myths. they are open to interpretation.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Myths?

Rashmun, the men before us were wiser, than we want to give them credit for.

Its not mythology, nit its such a strong collective intelligence to reach wisdom of giving a shape to this "understanding". Its not about idols. Its about representation. It take a 2 year old to understand that humans dont have 8 arms.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 pm

My Goddess Goddess-kali-QD19_l

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:13 pm

My Goddess Annihilation_of_raktabija_by_goddess_kali_dg16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm

My Goddess Goddess-kali-BZ45_l

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:20 pm

(-:

Read my table again. Its been sourced by lots of wise folks.

One must think such - Why did Hindus create these idols? Even if they did, why did they create them with 8 hands, 12 hands? With an elephant trunk riding a mouse? Is it imagination gone wild?

One must think. And one must seek.

Hinduism is designed for a seeker.

Other religions are designed for a follower.

Take a moment, and realize the difference in great great wisdom of our ancestors.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
it also finds expression in carnatic music (less important since it is more about music than about libretto) and bharathanatyam (more important), which he has said he enjoys.

As a kid growing up in Madurai, there used to be dances performed at the temple around Sivaraathri. One dance I particularly recall is Kali Thaandava as part of Rudra Thaandava dances. Very fierce and thunderous, beautiful nevertheless.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:48 am

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

I have neither accused you of posting any disgusting picture nor made any comment on your personal choice. My only question simply was that if you take people to task about worshipping goddesses personified in that manner, how do you respond to those who worship a crucified human figure depicted in a horrific manner.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:16 am

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

As a kid growing up in Madurai, there used to be dances performed at the temple around Sivaraathri. One dance I particularly recall is Kali Thaandava as part of Rudra Thaandava dances. Very fierce and thunderous, beautiful nevertheless.

Should be, "In Madurai where I grew up as a kid ..."

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:14 am

TruthSeeker wrote:(-:

One must think such - Why did Hindus create these idols? Even if they did, why did they create them with 8 hands, 12 hands? With an elephant trunk riding a mouse? Is it imagination gone wild?

Take a moment, and realize the difference in great great wisdom of our ancestors.

good point you made about the elephant (Lord Ganesha) riding a mouse. The best explanation for this is that the elephant and the mouse were animal totems for two different tribes. Such animal totems exist till date amongst the north american indians. the tribe with the elephant totem subjugated the tribe with the mouse totem and both these tribes were subsequently absorbed into hinduism at some point of time. There is factual evidence for such a conflict taking place. Further, the absorption process was similar to how hinduism absorbed a tribe with the snake totem by putting a snake around Shiva's neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:39 am

Rashmun wrote:

good point you made about the elephant (Lord Ganesha) riding a mouse. The best explanation for this is that the elephant and the mouse were animal totems for two different tribes. Such animal totems exist till date amongst the north american indians. the tribe with the elephant totem subjugated the tribe with the mouse totem and both these tribes were subsequently absorbed into hinduism at some point of time. There is factual evidence for such a conflict taking place. Further, the absorption process was similar to how hinduism absorbed a tribe with the snake totem by putting a snake around Shiva's neck.
another explanation is that the mouse is a nuclear-powered mouse. that's how the tiny mouse has the strength and the energy to carry an elephant on its back. our ancient hindu civilization had harnessed nuclear energy for everyday use, in this case, transportation.

our murli manohar-ji who was a physicist, and at one time, india's human development minister, had prepared plans to introduce nuclear-powered animal transportation into the i.i.t. curriculum. 

the sikularist conwalas, however, didn't have murli manohar-ji's vision or courage, so the plans are now gathering dust, and we indians continue to underutilize our mice.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:43 am

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

I have neither accused you of posting any disgusting picture nor made any comment on your personal choice. My only question simply was that if you take people to task about worshipping goddesses personified in that manner, how do you respond to those who worship a crucified human figure depicted in a horrific manner.

he doesn't say shit about that, get with the program already. he leaves them alone, unless it's our own kistian gal. things get all kinds of personal when it comes to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 am

swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

another explanation is that the mouse is a nuclear-powered mouse. that's how the tiny mouse has the strength and the energy to carry an elephant on its back. our ancient hindu civilization had harnessed nuclear energy for everyday use, in this case, transportation.

our murli manohar-ji who was a physicist, and at one time, india's human development minister, had prepared plans to introduce nuclear-powered animal transportation into the i.i.t. curriculum. 

the sikularist conwalas, however, didn't have murli manohar-ji's vision or courage, so the plans are now gathering dust, and we indians continue to underutilize our mice.

Agree... just like the sikularist conwalas would convince us that praying to a deadman who could not even save himself would somehow take us all to heaven. And worse, he came back from the dead.... perhaps he was in a coma and wiggled his pinky toes and the people who were on booze imagined him to be alive.

What do you think?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:08 am

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Great question, Rashmun.

the subject you raise is not relevant to this thread; rashmun posted a disgusting picture of his goddess, and I expressed my opinion of it. no picture of any crucified human figure was posted here, and I have no desire to comment on any such thing.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:22 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Agree... just like the sikularist conwalas would convince us that praying to a deadman who could not even save himself would somehow take us all to heaven. And worse, he came back from the dead.... perhaps he was in a coma and wiggled his pinky toes and the people who were on booze imagined him to be alive.

What do you think?
irrelevant!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:18 pm

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

What do you think?
irrelevant!

only until I made my post, which made it very relevant...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:45 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

the subject you raise is not relevant to this thread; rashmun posted a disgusting picture of his goddess, and I expressed my opinion of it. no picture of any crucified human figure was posted here, and I have no desire to comment on any such thing.

It is your prerogative not to answer the question; however, its relevancy is not yours to decide but up to us who read your comments in a public forum. If you find the picture of a Hindu goddess disgusting, citing a parallel case in Christianity is relevant. If you can mock the mouse as having nuclear power to carry an elephant, the same mockery befits Jesus having anti-gravitational powers to walk on water or Moses having hydromagnetic powers to part the red sea. What is irrelevant is whether or not you attended IIT-Madras at a considerably young age of sixteen while carrying a forbidding-looking volume of the latest edition of the thesaurus for intensive study.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:48 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

It is your prerogative not to answer the question; however, its relevancy is not yours to decide but up to us who read your comments in a public forum. If you find the picture of a Hindu goddess disgusting, citing a parallel case in Christianity is relevant. If you can mock the mouse as having nuclear power to carry an elephant, the same mockery befits Jesus having anti-gravitational powers to walk on water or Moses having hydromagnetic powers to part the red sea. What is irrelevant is whether or not you attended IIT-Madras at a considerably young age of sixteen while carrying a forbidding-looking volume of the latest edition of the thesaurus UP YOUR ASS for intensive study.

hehe and fixed your post

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:19 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

It is your prerogative not to answer the question; however, its relevancy is not yours to decide but up to us who read your comments in a public forum. If you find the picture of a Hindu goddess disgusting, citing a parallel case in Christianity is relevant. If you can mock the mouse as having nuclear power to carry an elephant, the same mockery befits Jesus having anti-gravitational powers to walk on water or Moses having hydromagnetic powers to part the red sea. What is irrelevant is whether or not you attended IIT-Madras at a considerably young age of sixteen while carrying a forbidding-looking volume of the latest edition of the thesaurus for intensive study.
no matter how long and pathetic your whine, it can't make the picture that rashmun posted any less disgusting, or his explanation of elephants riding mice any less ridiculous.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:25 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

no matter how long and pathetic your whine, it can't make the picture that rashmun posted any less disgusting, or his explanation of elephants riding mice any less ridiculous.

Dont you accept a dead man - who could not save himself - and pray to "save you" on a daily basis hoping he will resurrect you from death like he rose from the dead ? Do you think it is also ridiculous?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:46 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

Hahaha @ whine. What a cowardly way to sidestep a logical question! Where did I say that the picture(s) Rashmun posted were not disgusting? Or, for that matter, where did I say that the elephant riding on the mouse was not ridiculous? I am only saying that such depictions of horrific images or idiotic miracles are not just confined to Hinduism, that you are so wont to ridicule, but explicit in Christianity as well, a religion I am yet to see you criticize on this forum.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:09 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Dont you accept a dead man - who could not save himself - and pray to "save you" on a daily basis hoping he will resurrect you from death like he rose from the dead ?  Do you think it is also ridiculous?
what you want to discuss is irrelevant, and none of your business. you ask these questions because you firmly believe, as the whnng ctzn does, that everyone - at least, every indian - is as irrational, superstitious and primitive as you. that's not true; I do not "accept a dead man who could not save himself," and I do not pray to anyone.

and if I do, rashmun's picture of his goddess would still be as disgusting and.crude as ever.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:03 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Hahaha @ whine. What a cowardly way to sidestep a logical question! Where did I say that the picture(s) Rashmun posted were not disgusting? Or, for that matter, where did I say that the elephant riding on the mouse was not ridiculous? I am only saying that such depictions of horrific images or idiotic miracles are not just confined to Hinduism, that you are so wont to ridicule, but explicit in Christianity as well, a religion I am yet to see you criticize on this forum.
this thread, started by rashmun, is about his goddess, a hindu goddess. accounts about other religions are not relevant.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next