Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Goddess

+9
Merlot Daruwala
garam_kuta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
goodcitizn
MaxEntropy_Man
TruthSeeker
confuzzled dude
swapna
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My Goddess - Page 3 Empty Re: My Goddess

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:07 pm

garam_kuta wrote:whoa...still going on...

Can't wait to see saamiyaar- the die-hard kumbakonam iyengar that he is - posting fancy shiva linga pictures and ask how does it feel?

Siva Siva...Just wont let a peaceful guy alone ?

I was just looking/searching for the sexiest Virgin Mary....some of them are so sexiest, I might invite a Fatwa even from this current Pope ji if I posted the pic here.

I tell ya...now that is my kind of Goddess.  Having a baby and still maintain virginity....I bet Propa would love Goddess Virgin Mary as well.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:Swapna - you comment on one religion's goddess, you open the door to all religious pictures, Jesus included. 

You lost the argument. Judgement in favor of goodCitizen. 

Anyone with a positive IQ can see you lost. If you can't see it, we'll know why. 

But I think you see it. You just don't like what you see.
no, woman, look up at the title and original poster of this thread, and you'll see that it was rashmun who opened the door. he was also the first to make the irrelevant comment on christian images, which I stated to be just that, and ignored.

it's interesting to see you whine about the doors that rashmun opened of his own choice, and gdctzn opened gratuitously (or "gravitationally," as the latter would describe it).

Why should you shy away from doing a comparative analysis of Hindu and Christian iconography?

** "shy[ing] away" is your erroneous description of my indifference to the questions you and other hindupeepals raise, and the comments you/they make, which all had hoped would provoke me into discussing christianity, and comparing it with hinduism. please read the words in bold text above again.

** i could let you hindus stew in your own juices for the rest of your lives, wondering what else I think about your religion, and you (collectively, but especially hypcrtcctzn and uppusaamy) would richly deserve that treatment. however, I'll be kinder, and give you three reasons:

** 1. I don't have to walk through every door that someone opens; I have my preferences. I can tell people what they can do if they don't like my preferences. (bimaru brie, please ask.)

** 2. I am generally opposed to religious and communal riots, and you religious indiapeepals have provoked many, especially in northindia. I'd hate to let gyaanputhra's successors here find an excuse to start the verbal equivalent of one. a verbal riot, especially one that poopah711 and bimaru brie are free join is likely to lethally boring, consisting largely of the following words:

** "cu*ts!

** "SWAPNA, GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTT!

** 3. I am just not interested in religion; discussing it, even thinking of it, is enormously futile. that's why I refer to myself as an agnostic, not an atheist. the latter are staunchly opposed to religion. I am not; I am merely indifferent to it.

You have explained your horror and revulsion for the image and iconography of Kali. The point being made here is whether you experience similar revulsion when viewing the image of a young Caucasian male dragged through the streets bearing a wooden cross and wearing a crown of thorns. Subsequently the hands and feet of this young man are impaled on the cross with a hammer. Nailed to the cross this young man is held aloft and jeered at and tortured thus till he dies a horrible and painful death.

** I am nearly equally indifferent to all religions. the difference here, in the context of this thread, is that you posted a disgusting picture of your goddess, and I was shocked by the violence, cruelty, and crudeness of that depiction; it overstepped all my bounds, and I felt prompted to comment. no similarly crude picture of jesus was posted here, so I have no desire to comment on your question on a hypothetical situation.

Why are you sharing with us your feelings when viewing the Kali image...

** I felt revulsion, and expressed it in words.

...but not when viewing the other image?

** I wasn't viewing "the other image," for no such image was posted, nor do I have one in my possession; I only see the exteriors of churches as I drive in texas; I never step inside one.

You may say "because I don't want to." If that is your excuse then I will accept it and drop the matter.

** I may do that when I'm so inclined.

** I have mild curiosity about some aspects of hinduism, and I may ask about them later. one question that I raised - about what the children of hindu parents, growing up in the u.s., think of their religion, and how it's explained to them, remains unanswered.

you interpret symbolism too narrowly. there are enormously better ways, especially in the 21st century, to symbolize the elimation of man's ego. has no one heard of abstract art or the calligraphy as seen on the mosques of persia and morocco?

** see my asterisked responses above.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:19 pm

swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:
seven wrote:Swapna - you comment on one religion's goddess, you open the door to all religious pictures, Jesus included. 

Anyone with a positive IQ can see you lost. If you can't see it, we'll know why. 

no, woman, look up at the title and original poster of this thread, and you'll see that it was rashmun who opened the door. he was also the first to make the irrelevant comment on christian images, which I stated to be just that, and ignored.

it's interesting to see you whine about the doors that rashmun opened of his own choice, and gdctzn opened gratuitously (or "gravitationally," as the latter would describe it).

Why should you shy away from doing a comparative analysis of Hindu and Christian iconography?

** "shy[ing] away" is your erroneous description of my indifference to the questions you and other hindupeepals raise, and the comments you/they make, which all had hoped would provoke me into discussing christianity, and comparing it with hinduism. please read the words in bold text above again.

** i could let you hindus stew in your own juices for the rest of your lives, wondering what else I think about your religion, and you (collectively, but especially hypcrtcctzn and uppusaamy) would richly deserve that treatment. however, I'll be kinder, and give you three reasons:

** 1. I don't have to walk through every door that someone opens; I have my preferences. I can tell people what they can do if they don't like my preferences. (bimaru brie, please ask.)

** 2. I am generally opposed to religious and communal riots, and you religious indiapeepals have provoked many, especially in northindia. I'd hate to let gyaanputhra's successors here find an excuse to start the verbal equivalent of one. a verbal riot, especially one that poopah711 and bimaru brie are free join is likely to lethally boring, consisting largely of the following words:

** "cu*ts!

** 3. I am just not interested in religion; discussing it, even thinking of it, is enormously futile. that's why I refer to myself as an agnostic, not an atheist. the latter are staunchly opposed to religion. I am not; I am merely indifferent to it.

You have explained your horror and revulsion for the image and iconography of Kali. The point being made here is whether you experience similar revulsion when viewing the image of a young Caucasian male dragged through the streets bearing a wooden cross and wearing a crown of thorns. Subsequently the hands and feet of this young man are impaled on the cross with a hammer. Nailed to the cross this young man is held aloft and jeered at and tortured thus till he dies a horrible and painful death.

** I am nearly equally indifferent to all religions. the difference here, in the context of this thread, is that you posted a disgusting picture of your goddess, and I was shocked by the violence, cruelty, and crudeness of that depiction; it overstepped all my bounds, and I felt prompted to comment. no similarly crude picture of jesus was posted here, so I have no desire to comment on your question on a hypothetical situation.

** I wasn't viewing "the other image," for no such image was posted, nor do I have one in my possession; I only see the exteriors of churches as I drive in texas; I never step inside one.

You may say "because I don't want to." If that is your excuse then I will accept it and drop the matter.

** I may do that when I'm so inclined.

** I have mild curiosity about some aspects of hinduism, and I may ask about them later. one question that I raised - about what the children of hindu parents, growing up in the u.s., think of their religion, and how it's explained to them, remains unanswered.

you interpret symbolism too narrowly. there are enormously better ways, especially in the 21st century, to symbolize the elimation of man's ego. has no one heard of abstract art or the calligraphy as seen on the mosques of persia and morocco?

with respect to calligraphy see this: https://such.forumotion.com/t8709-zoomorphic-calligraphy-and-other-aspects-of-the-muslim-enrichment-of-indian-culture

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:whoa...still going on...

Can't wait to see saamiyaar- the die-hard kumbakonam iyengar that he is - posting fancy shiva linga pictures and ask how does it feel?

Siva Siva...Just wont let a peaceful guy alone ?

I was just looking/searching for the sexiest Virgin Mary....some of them are so sexiest, I might invite a Fatwa even from this current Pope ji if I posted the pic here.

I tell ya...now that is my kind of Goddess.  Having a baby and still maintain virginity....I bet Propa would love Goddess Virgin Mary as well.

ah...you feel elated, eh? Laughing i was only kidding - I know iyengars sam, and you ain't no iyengar..prove it sam - as Bogie would say Wink
at 0:55

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:27 pm

My Goddess - Page 3 Jesuscrucified2My Goddess - Page 3 Jesus-being-floggedMy Goddess - Page 3 Maxresdefault My Goddess - Page 3 Passion3

Swapna, are you indifferent to these images of Jesus? Do they arouse no feeling in you when you see them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:37 pm

a few more: My Goddess - Page 3 4d1bac2df7192d36f98194576c940609My Goddess - Page 3 Passion-of-the-christ-nail

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 pm

swapna: the original image of kali that rashmun posted repulsed me as much as it did you. it was crude and kitschy. however, iconography of durga is a central part of hindu art. there is no denying it.

i too consider myself agnostic, but i also consider myself culturally hindu. to your question of what children of hindu parents think of their religion, my own have seriously pursued a performing art that is soaked in hinduism. so they know all the stories and mythology of hinduism. we have let them be without insisting that they take any position at all on the question of faith. both consider themselves culturally hindu (like myself), believing the stories and the iconography to be part of the rich mythology of hinduism. as far as i know, one of them is an agnostic and the other hasn't made up her mind. while the cultural aspects of hinduism are important to them, actual faith is not something they spend much time thinking about. i hope that answers one question you raised.

i do believe you when you say your are agnostic, but i don't believe you that you are equally indifferent to all religions. i say that based on the collective evidence of the posts by you of over nearly a decade that i've read at sulekha and here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:56 pm

rashmun do you not understand the difference between a movie with actual human beings and representational art?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:02 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:rashmun do you not understand the difference between a movie with actual human beings and representational art?

focus on the general overall imagery please. I am sure we can find paintings representing the same imagery i.e. corresponding to the pictures i posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:48 am

My Goddess - Page 3 Jan_van_Eyck_-_Diptych_-_WGA07587_crop_of_the_crucified_Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:51 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:rashmun do you not understand the difference between a movie with actual human beings and representational art?

focus on the general overall imagery please. I am sure we can find paintings representing the same imagery i.e. corresponding to the pictures i posted.
true. a movie too is representational art. wonder why max is splitting hairs, time and again, in this thread.  scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:43 am

swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:

** "cu*ts!

See your comments above in red. Your definition of an atheist is flawed. In fact, an atheist is simply a person who doesn't believe in the existence of god. Religion has no place in it. If tomorrow, the world were to eradicate all religions, there can still be atheists. The term theism, if you bother to look up, comes from the Greek word theos meaning god. Whereas an agnostic, in the context of god, is simply a person who doubts or non commital about the existence of god. If one is staunchly opposed to religion, he is more likely to be termed antireligious. HTH.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:21 am

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:

** "cu*ts!

3. I am just not interested in religion; discussing it, even thinking of it, is enormously futile. that's why I refer to myself as an agnostic, not an atheist. the latter are staunchly opposed to religion. I am not; I am merely indifferent to it.

See your comments above in red. Your definition of an atheist is flawed. In fact, an atheist is simply a person who doesn't believe in the existence of god. Religion has no place in it. If tomorrow, the world were to eradicate all religions, there can still be atheists. The term theism, if you bother to look up, comes from the Greek word theos meaning god. Whereas an agnostic, in the context of god, is simply a person who doubts or non commital about the existence of god. If one is staunchly opposed to religion, he is more likely to be termed antireligious. HTH.

LMAO your highness narendra modi. 
My Goddess - Page 3 Z
sawrrrrrrry for taking so much of your PRECIOUS time. please go back to your gay gay tea consultancy assignment for the betterment of mankind.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:33 pm

swapna wrote:

arguing with the judge? you're in jail for contempt of court. yidiyut.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 pm

seven wrote:
swapna wrote:

Is that IDIOT in Yiddish?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:47 am

seven wrote:
swapna wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3