Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my goddess 2 [rashman]

2 posters

Go down

my goddess 2 [rashman] Empty my goddess 2 [rashman]

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 am

Rashmun wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:(-:

Read my table again. Its been sourced by lots of wise folks.

One must think such - Why did Hindus create these idols? Even if they did, why did they create them with 8 hands, 12 hands? With an elephant trunk riding a mouse? Is it imagination gone wild?

One must think. And one must seek.

Hinduism is designed for a seeker.

Other religions are designed for a follower.

Take a moment, and realize the difference in great great wisdom of our ancestors.

good point you made about the elephant (Lord Ganesha) riding a mouse. The best explanation for this is that the elephant and the mouse were animal totems for two different tribes. Such animal totems exist till date amongst the north american indians. the tribe with the elephant totem subjugated the tribe with the mouse totem and both these tribes were subsequently absorbed into hinduism at some point of time. There is factual evidence for such a conflict taking place. Further, the absorption process was similar to how hinduism absorbed a tribe with the snake totem by putting a snake around Shiva's neck.

show me the factual evidence or i will show you why admins kicked your butt in the wiki-wars you had with them.

Back to top Go down

my goddess 2 [rashman] Empty Re: my goddess 2 [rashman]

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:06 pm

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:(-:

Read my table again. Its been sourced by lots of wise folks.

One must think such - Why did Hindus create these idols? Even if they did, why did they create them with 8 hands, 12 hands? With an elephant trunk riding a mouse? Is it imagination gone wild?

One must think. And one must seek.

Hinduism is designed for a seeker.

Other religions are designed for a follower.

Take a moment, and realize the difference in great great wisdom of our ancestors.

good point you made about the elephant (Lord Ganesha) riding a mouse. The best explanation for this is that the elephant and the mouse were animal totems for two different tribes. Such animal totems exist till date amongst the north american indians. the tribe with the elephant totem subjugated the tribe with the mouse totem and both these tribes were subsequently absorbed into hinduism at some point of time. There is factual evidence for such a conflict taking place. Further, the absorption process was similar to how hinduism absorbed a tribe with the snake totem by putting a snake around Shiva's neck.

show me the factual evidence or i will show you why admins kicked your butt in the wiki-wars you had with them.

read the chapter "Ganapati" in the book "Lokayata:A study in ancient Indian materialism".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:

read the chapter "Ganapati" in the book "Lokayata:A study in ancient Indian materialism".
read chapter VI in the book "Hindu myths and mirths" by Charles Rondeau for a rebuttal.

now what do you have to say?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 pm

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

read chapter VI in the book "Hindu myths and mirths" by Charles Rondeau for a rebuttal.

i went to amazon.com and typed 'Hindu myths and mirths' in the search space. As expected there is no such book in the amazon.com catalogue which means this book does not exist in reality. Whereas the book i mentioned is a bonafide book which can easily be purchased through amazon. Now what do you say?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i went to amazon.com and typed 'Hindu myths and mirths' in the search space. As expected there is no such book in the amazon.com catalogue which means this book does not exist in reality. Whereas the book i mentioned is a bonafide book which can easily be purchased through amazon. Now what do you say?
Is that your definition of a "bonafide" book -- it can be bought on amazon?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

if a book in the english language can be purchased from amazon it means the book exists. if a book in the english language is not showing up in an amazon search it means the book probably does not exist. amazon's catalogue is very comprehensive for books in the english language. the book may not be available for sale on amazon but it will show up in a search for the book on amazon if it actually exists--almost always.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:32 pm

Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

what "factual evidence" does your "bonafide" book show? why don't you tell us instead of ordering us around to read this and that. no one has time to buy and read a book when you can easily post an extract from it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:34 pm

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

what "factual evidence" does your "bonafide" book show? why don't you tell us instead of ordering us around to read this and that. no one has time to buy and read a book when you can easily post an extract from it!

i don't have it with me right now otherwise i would have posted the relevant extract for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i don't have it with me right now otherwise i would have posted the relevant extract for you.
paraphrase it or stop quoting the book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:48 pm

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:

i paraphrased the info when i said that in the history of India there is evidence of a tribe with the mouse totem being subjugated by a tribe with the elephant totem. i believe the nature of the evidence consists, among other things, of certain literary records. If you want to know more about the literary records then the read the book which i recommended.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i paraphrased the info when i said that in the history of India there is evidence of a tribe with the mouse totem being subjugated by a tribe with the elephant totem. i believe the nature of the evidence consists, among other things, of certain literary records. If you want to know more about the literary records then the read the book which i recommended.
you consider this "factual evidence?" sounds more like a far fetched hypothesis to me. what literary records?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:58 pm

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:

you consider this "factual evidence?" sounds more like a far fetched hypothesis to me. what literary records?

i don't remember now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:21 am

Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

if a book in the english language can be purchased from amazon it means the book exists. if a book in the english language is not showing up in an amazon search it means the book probably does not exist. amazon's catalogue is very comprehensive for books in the english language. the book may not be available for sale on amazon but it will show up in a search for the book on amazon if it actually exists--almost always.  
That "bonafide-ness" (the book being sold on Amazon) still does not mean that the book's contents have any true merit. This book, even if available for purchase from Amazon, probably is just a hogwash about the real origin and nature (including the image etc.) of Ganesha.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:11 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:

That "bonafide-ness" (the book being sold on Amazon) still does not mean that the book's contents have any true merit. This book, even if available for purchase from Amazon, probably is just a hogwash about the real origin and nature (including the image etc.) of Ganesha.
professor seva lamberdar sir,

i would not call it hogwash per se. it is a clever conjecture that i do not necessarily disagree with -- in fact i have trusted hinduism to use such guiles to convert tribals (esp. so for the shakti peeths where tribal temples were used as a base to construct a hindu temple and attract converts) but just that we don not have any "factual evidence" to announce to the world that it is true.

what do you think sir?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:39 am

Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i don't remember now.

from what i can recall, one of the literary sources which mentions this is the Mahabharata.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:31 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:

i don't remember now.

from what i can recall, one of the literary sources which mentions this is the Mahabharata.
the mahabharata is an epic and fictional -- we are still trying to discover pointers to its skeleton story based on planetary movements as reported in the mahabharata. so one character speaking of a conquest that you paraphrase from the writer's work about mice and elephants is merely a conjecture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:42 am

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i don't remember now.

the mahabharata is an epic and fictional -- we are still trying to discover pointers to its skeleton story based on planetary movements as reported in the mahabharata. so one character speaking of a conquest that you paraphrase from the writer's work about mice and elephants is merely a conjecture.

the Mahabharata is an epic and everything in it need not be swallowed as the gospel truth. but it is incorrect to say that it is completely fictional. For instance, these words in the Mahabharata about the Vahikas are believed to represent historical truth and not to be completely fictional:

Travelling through various countries following various religions, I at last, O king, came among the Vahikas. There I heard that one at first becomes a brahmana and then he becomes a kshatriya. Indeed, a Vahika would, after that, become a Vaishya, and then a Shudra, and then a barber. Having become a barber, he would then again become a brahmana. Returning to the status of a brahmana, he would again become a slave. One person in a family becomes a brahmana: all the others, falling off from virtue, act as they like. The Gandharas, the Madrakas, and the Vahikas of little understanding are even such. Having travelled through the whole world I heard of these practices, destructive of virtue, of these sinful irregularities amongst the Vahikas.' Thou shouldst know all this, O Shalya. I shall, however, again speak to thee about those ugly words that another said unto me regarding the Vahikas. In former days a chaste woman was abducted by robbers (hailing) from Aratta. Sinfully was she violated by them, upon which she cursed them, saying, 'Since ye have sinfully violated a helpless girl who am not without a husband, therefore, the women of your families shall all become unchaste. Ye lowest of men, never shall ye escape from the consequences of this dreadful sin.' It is for this, O Shalya, that the sisters' sons of the Arattas, and not their own sons, become their heirs.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m08/m08045.htm

The Mahabharata writer/commentator is telling us about the existence of a matriarchal system amongst the Vahikas although he is of course giving a nonsensical reason as to why this kind of a system came into existence among these people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:55 am

Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:

i don't remember now.

the Mahabharata is an epic and everything in it need not be swallowed as the gospel truth. but it is incorrect to say that it is completely fictional. For instance, these words in the Mahabharata about the Vahikas are believed to represent historical truth and not to be completely fictional:

Travelling through various countries following various religions, I at last, O king, came among the Vahikas. There I heard that one at first becomes a brahmana and then he becomes a kshatriya. Indeed, a Vahika would, after that, become a Vaishya, and then a Shudra, and then a barber. Having become a barber, he would then again become a brahmana. Returning to the status of a brahmana, he would again become a slave. One person in a family becomes a brahmana: all the others, falling off from virtue, act as they like. The Gandharas, the Madrakas, and the Vahikas of little understanding are even such. Having travelled through the whole world I heard of these practices, destructive of virtue, of these sinful irregularities amongst the Vahikas.' Thou shouldst know all this, O Shalya. I shall, however, again speak to thee about those ugly words that another said unto me regarding the Vahikas. In former days a chaste woman was abducted by robbers (hailing) from Aratta. Sinfully was she violated by them, upon which she cursed them, saying, 'Since ye have sinfully violated a helpless girl who am not without a husband, therefore, the women of your families shall all become unchaste. Ye lowest of men, never shall ye escape from the consequences of this dreadful sin.' It is for this, O Shalya, that the sisters' sons of the Arattas, and not their own sons, become their heirs.

The Mahabharata writer/commentator is telling us about the existence of a matriarchal system amongst the Vahikas although he is of course giving a nonsensical reason as to why this kind of a system came into existence among these people.
in that case you should post an extract of the text debiprasad quoted in his book (from mahabharata -- like you have done above) before we can understand or proceed. 

*the above does mean that i agree with your post about vahikas -- you can quote your post and start a different thread where i will be glad to express my views*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:03 pm

brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
brie wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i don't remember now.

in that case you should post an extract of the text debiprasad quoted in his book (from mahabharata -- like you have done above) before we can understand or proceed. 

*the above does mean that i agree with your post about vahikas -- you can quote your post and start a different thread where i will be glad to express my views*

i don't have that book with me, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:18 pm

I also wrote a book titled everybody calm the fuck down

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I also wrote a book titled everybody calm the fuck down

is it a self-published book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:37 pm

brie wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

professor seva lamberdar sir,

i would not call it hogwash per se. it is a clever conjecture that i do not necessarily disagree with -- in fact i have trusted hinduism to use such guiles to convert tribals (esp. so for the shakti peeths where tribal temples were used as a base to construct a hindu temple and attract converts) but just that we don not have any "factual evidence" to announce to the world that it is true.

what do you think sir?
The use of the word "tribal" in India for only certain groups of people, such as living currently in the remote areas and following a primitive lifestyle, is misleading.  According to the Vedas, and almost all over the world, humans started living in tribes (as "tribal") after they initially switched from living in the wild. In reality we all therefore should be called "tribal".
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:I also wrote a book titled everybody calm the fuck down

is it a self-published book?

retracted.

Back to top Go down