Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Goddess

+9
Merlot Daruwala
garam_kuta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
goodcitizn
MaxEntropy_Man
TruthSeeker
confuzzled dude
swapna
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Goddess - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goddess

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 pm

My Goddess - Page 2 Madurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:44 pm

swapna wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
the subject you raise is not relevant to this thread; rashmun posted a disgusting picture of his goddess, and I expressed my opinion of it. no picture of any crucified human figure was posted here, and I have no desire to comment on any such thing.

It is your prerogative not to answer the question; however, its relevancy is not yours to decide but up to us who read your comments in a public forum. If you find the picture of a Hindu goddess disgusting, citing a parallel case in Christianity is relevant. If you can mock the mouse as having nuclear power to carry an elephant, the same mockery befits Jesus having anti-gravitational powers to walk on water or Moses having hydromagnetic powers to part the red sea. What is irrelevant is whether or not you attended IIT-Madras at a considerably young age of sixteen while carrying a forbidding-looking volume of the latest edition of the thesaurus for intensive study.
no matter how long and pathetic your whine, it can't make the picture that rashmun posted any less disgusting, or his explanation of elephants riding mice any less ridiculous.

Dont you accept a dead man - who could not save himself - and pray to "save you" on a daily basis hoping he will resurrect you from death like he rose from the dead ?  Do you think it is also ridiculous?
what you want to discuss is irrelevant, and none of your business. you ask these questions because you firmly believe, as the whnng ctzn does, that everyone - at least, every indian - is as irrational, superstitious and primitive as you. that's not true; I do not "accept a dead man who could not save himself," and I do not pray to anyone.

and if I do, rashmun's picture of his goddess would still be as disgusting and.crude as ever.

Thank you for explaining a question you dodged a million times over the years whenever you abused hinduism, hindus and hindu Gods/Godesses.

Oh...BTW...you are going to hell....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:45 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
the subject you raise is not relevant to this thread; rashmun posted a disgusting picture of his goddess, and I expressed my opinion of it. no picture of any crucified human figure was posted here, and I have no desire to comment on any such thing.

It is your prerogative not to answer the question; however, its relevancy is not yours to decide but up to us who read your comments in a public forum. If you find the picture of a Hindu goddess disgusting, citing a parallel case in Christianity is relevant. If you can mock the mouse as having nuclear power to carry an elephant, the same mockery befits Jesus having anti-gravitational powers to walk on water or Moses having hydromagnetic powers to part the red sea. What is irrelevant is whether or not you attended IIT-Madras at a considerably young age of sixteen while carrying a forbidding-looking volume of the latest edition of the thesaurus for intensive study.
no matter how long and pathetic your whine, it can't make the picture that rashmun posted any less disgusting, or his explanation of elephants riding mice any less ridiculous.

Hahaha @ whine. What a cowardly way to sidestep a logical question! Where did I say that the picture(s) Rashmun posted were not disgusting? Or, for that matter, where did I say that the elephant riding on the mouse was not ridiculous? I am only saying that such depictions of horrific images or idiotic miracles are not just confined to Hinduism, that you are so wont to ridicule, but explicit in Christianity as well, a religion I am yet to see you criticize on this forum.
this thread, started by rashmun, is about his goddess, a hindu goddess. accounts about other religions are not relevant.

this is what I imagine your face looks like:

My Goddess - Page 2 Classics.humorous22

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Hahaha @ whine. What a cowardly way to sidestep a logical question! Where did I say that the picture(s) Rashmun posted were not disgusting? Or, for that matter, where did I say that the elephant riding on the mouse was not ridiculous? I am only saying that such depictions of horrific images or idiotic miracles are not just confined to Hinduism, that you are so wont to ridicule, but explicit in Christianity as well, a religion I am yet to see you criticize on this forum.
this thread, started by rashmun, is about his goddess, a hindu goddess. accounts about other religions are not relevant.

no, that's your goddess, as the title says.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:19 pm

swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

that;s your assface, motherfucker

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 pm

hmm..looks like two people of the same gender are kissing so hard, part of their nose is squeezed to the side...

Don't ask me about how their glasses are holding up; could be monocle and such.. scratch

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:16 am

this thread needs cleansing. isko cleanse karega hum, cleanse karega hum, cleanse karega hum. 

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:56 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

that;s your assface, motherfucker

that's your goddess; the title says so.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:03 am

swapna wrote:
Dont you accept a dead man - who could not save himself - and pray to "save you" on a daily basis hoping he will resurrect you from death like he rose from the dead ?  Do you think it is also ridiculous?
what you want to discuss is irrelevant, and none of your business. you ask these questions because you firmly believe, as the whnng ctzn does, that everyone - at least, every indian - is as irrational, superstitious and primitive as you. that's not true; I do not "accept a dead man who could not save himself," and I do not pray to anyone.

and if I do, rashmun's picture of his goddess would still be as disgusting and.crude as ever.

Don't worry, nothing fazes Saamiyaar; you are wasting your time trying to ruffle his cheerful insouciance.

It never fails to amuse me that, whenever you lose an argument, your last-ditch effort is to not only resort to name-calling but also blatantly lie about the other person's beliefs. If there has been anyone here close to whining, a dispassionate observer would point his finger firmly at you for bleating like a wounded old goat whose testicles were chewed out by a passing mongoose.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:23 am

goodcitizn wrote:It never fails to amuse me that, whenever you lose an argument, your last-ditch effort is to not only resort to name-calling but also blatantly lie about the other person's beliefs. If there has been anyone here close to whining, a dispassionate observer would point his finger firmly at you for bleating like a wounded old goat whose testicles were chewed out by a passing mongoose.

lol!
A+ for picturesque speech
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:24 am

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

That defense holds no water. Nothing is written in stone, not even etched in warm butter, that discussions should only be confined to the pictured post when it is used to insinuate that only the Hindus are worshippers of horrid-looking images. The minute you opened that door, Christianity became relevant as a parallel case. In essence, you have lost the debate. EOD.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:52 am

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Thank you for explaining a question you dodged a million times over the years whenever you abused hinduism, hindus and hindu Gods/Godesses.

"explaining a question?" I wasn't; I may have clarified my stance on religion, as I have done several times in the last fifteen years: that I am an agnostic tending towards atheism, and that I am not a christian.

I don't know what hell is.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 am

Rashmun wrote:My Goddess - Page 2 Kali

May she always love me, protect me, bless me, and forgive all my sins.
Rashmun, this is the artistic representation of a mythological evil destroyer. It is used by the devotee to seek protection from evil, since it represents the destroyer of evil. Love, blessing and forgiveness of sins are not intended in this case.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Rashmun, this is the artistic representation of a mythological evil destroyer. It is used by the devotee to seek protection from evil, since it represents the destroyer of evil. Love, blessing and forgiveness of sins are not intended in this case.

Lord Shiva is also known as the destroyer of evil. But he is known for showering love, blessing and forgiveness as well. Your interpretation of hindu mythology and iconography may not be the same as mine; that makes it more beautiful. Let's keep it that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:10 am

Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Lord Shiva is also known as the destroyer of evil. But he is known for showering love, blessing and forgiveness as well. Your interpretation of hindu mythology and iconography may not be the same as mine; that makes it more beautiful. Let's keep it that way.
Kali / Shakti in this form merely represents the destructive power of Shiva against evil, as indicated above. There is no Shakti without Shiva.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Kali / Shakti in this form merely represents the destructive power of Shiva against evil, as indicated above. There is no Shakti without Shiva.

Au contraire, there is no Shiva without Shakti as per my understanding. This is what makes Hinduism great. You have your perspective and i have mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 am

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

"explaining a question?" I wasn't; I may have clarified my stance on religion, as I have done several times in the last fifteen years: that I am an agnostic tending towards atheism, and that I am not a christian.

I come across heaven and hell often in hinduism but I am not sure how old these concepts are, i.e., in Hinduism; is it before christianity or after? is there any citation wrt this in early literature of hinduism? I might have asked this question before in this forum.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:22 am

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

I come across heaven and hell often in hinduism but I am not sure how old these concepts are, i.e., in Hinduism; is it before christianity or after? is there any citation wrt this in early literature of hinduism? I might have asked this question before in this forum.

My entire knowledge of Hinduism comes from listening to my nanny growing up, who was big on karma and rebirths... common theme was that you come back over and over in whatever forms, human form being the result of a still good score karma-wise. You then live a life based on your past karma, and you keep improving it until you attain moksha.

As an aside, I was in a slow moving traffic today for about 30 minutes, and I let everyone at all intersections pass or join in, as long as there was a good gap for them. I guess I added a lot of karma points to my life today.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:39 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

My entire knowledge of Hinduism comes from listening to my nanny growing up, who was big on karma and rebirths... common theme was that you come back over and over in whatever forms, human form being the result of a still good score karma-wise. You then live a life based on your past karma, and you keep improving it until you attain moksha.

As an aside, I was in a slow moving traffic today for about 30 minutes, and I let everyone at all intersections pass or join in, as long as there was a good gap for them. I guess I added a lot of karma points to my life today.

so moksha is more like the termination of soul's journey and it has no distinctive residence, just wandering like free birds Very Happy

aside: Lol.. nice of you, particularly for left turners coming in single lanes; and, I get annoyed with people who leave big gaps, in slow moving situations; sure, traffic ain't moving so what's the point in closing the gap seem natural but then, there are people behind, who would want to make left turns/right turns with or w/o feeder lanes - lots of people of oblivious of this lot..grrr.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:47 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:

so moksha is more like the termination of soul's journey and it has no distinctive residence, just wandering like free birds Very Happy

aside: Lol.. nice of you, particularly for left turners coming in single lanes; and, I get annoyed with people who leave big gaps, in slow moving situations; sure, traffic ain't moving so what's the point in closing the gap seem natural but then, there are people behind, who would want to make left turns/right turns with or w/o feeder lanes - lots of people of oblivious of this lot..grrr.

oops I guess I earned equal bad karma as well... but most of this was on intersections that you are not supposed to block anyway. I hate people who keep driving on intersections whether there is space after crossing it or not. And then it stops and they are stupidly sitting there while a car is stopped coz of them with their indicators on. I was once rear ended that way... the idiot had no room, still he crossed the traffic light, in a high speed too, and banged into me thinking it's still a moving traffic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:56 am

My Goddess - Page 2 Heidi-klum-halloween-costume-thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:19 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

That defense holds no water. Nothing is written in stone, not even etched in warm butter, that discussions should only be confined to the pictured post when it is used to insinuate that only the Hindus are worshippers of horrid-looking images. The minute you opened that door, Christianity became relevant as a parallel case. In essence, you have lost the debate. EOD.

your frustration and anger are palpable. 

you and uppili lost long ago when I correctly refused to be drawn into a discussion of other religions in this thread that rashmun started about his hindu goddess.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Au contraire, there is no Shiva without Shakti as per my understanding. This is what makes Hinduism great. You have your perspective and i have mine.
As it happens the Lord (Shiva) and his energy / power (Shakti) are inseparable according to the religio-philosophy. Even when Shakti is the dominant consideration, as some Shaktism followers believe (in contrast to the usual Shaivism), Shiva is not far from Shakti. Btw Shiva and Shakti together also represent the male / female dualism, without one being separate from the other. As for the image of Kali as destroyer of evil, that is just one image of the goddess (Shakti) and it enables the devotee to envision Lord's power in the particular form; the others being Saraswati (the goddess of knowledge), and so on. Ultimately, all the images (forms and representations) of goddess (as Kali, Saraswati and so on) express basically the same power (Shakti) of the Lord (Shiva).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

As it happens the Lord (Shiva) and his energy / power (Shakti) are inseparable according to the religio-philosophy. Even when Shakti is the dominant consideration, as some Shaktism followers believe (in contrast to the usual Shaivism), Shiva is not far from Shakti. Btw Shiva and Shakti together also represent the male / female dualism, without one being separate from the other. As for the image of Kali as destroyer of evil, that is just one image of the goddess (Shakti) and it enables the devotee to envision Lord's power in the particular form; the others being Saraswati (the goddess of knowledge), and so on. Ultimately, all the images (forms and representations) of goddess (as Kali, Saraswati and so on) express basically the same power (Shakti) of the Lord (Shiva).

I am in agreement with the main points of your post. But the last two sentences of your post demonstrate a Shaivite outlook whereas as you correctly mention in your post there exists the alternative Shakta outlook according to which Shakti is dominant and primary and Shiva is of secondary importance.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 pm

important thing is that she accepts sacrifice of animals so that hindus can practise bloodletting and become more tough 

Laughing Twisted Evil

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:22 pm

ashdoc wrote:important thing is that she accepts sacrifice of animals so that hindus can practise bloodletting and become more tough 

Laughing Twisted Evil
Do you practice animal sacrifice, Doc Ashish?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
ashdoc wrote:important thing is that she accepts sacrifice of animals so that hindus can practise bloodletting and become more tough 

Laughing Twisted Evil
Do you practice animal sacrifice, Doc Ashish?
no , but i do have fun on the internet irritating people with my theories . on echarcha i had a lot of fun .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:swapna: i am curious. before i answer your question, i have a clarification to seek. do you object to this particular image that rashmun posted, or to the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity (yes with multiple arms etc.) vanquishing the forces of evil?
your use of the word "object" above in connection with my post is an insinuation. this kind of insidious "cleverness" will only damage your credibility, especially with people who are not naive. 

you know very well whether I have objected to rashmun's post or not. and in my posts, I have stated my opinion and position quite clearly. 

here are four words, none meaning "objection," that succinctly describe what I experienced on seeing rashmun's post: shock, disgust, revulsion, *puke*.

my apologies for not being careful. please replace the sentence with the word "object" in my post with the following:

do you find this particular image rashmun posted objectionable, or do you find the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity vanquishing the forces of evil, objectionable? in other words is your reaction  specific to just this image, or the entire genre of art based on this theme?

i did not then, and i am not now, trying to insinuate anything. it is a question born out of genuine curiosity and i am hoping we can have an interesting and polite conversation about this.

Max, I honestly don't understand the difference between the two questions: (1) "Do you object to this particular image?" and (2) "Do you find the particular image objectionable?

Just asking. No big deal.

swapna made a fair point -- that he didn't object to the picture that rashmun posted. in fact he did not. he said he merely found it distasteful. so my characterization of what he said is inaccurate.

objectionable means finding something distasteful. that is in fact the word i had originally intended to use, but got distracted with something else, and when i finally did post, i said he objected to the image.  in any case, i stand corrected. i am still interested in learning whether he only finds that particular image distasteful (i do too for its crude and kitschy nature), or if he finds the entire genre of durga/mahishasura mardini art including ancient sculptures distasteful.  the latter can be found in many museums around the world and is one of many iconographic themes in hindu art alongside nataraja, ganesha etc.

it also finds expression in carnatic music (less important since it is more about music than about libretto) and bharathanatyam (more important), which he has said he enjoys.

can you split semantics a bit finer please?

he's been complaining about how that picture is scary, evil and makes him pee in his depends late at night etc etc. does it matter whehter he objected to it or found it objectionable? it's strange to see someone with strong opinions on most things bend over backwards to accommodate this IBS fool's gimmickry.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:22 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

you and uppili lost long ago when I correctly refused to be drawn into a discussion of other religions in this thread that rashmun started about his hindu goddess.

As you would never (ever) criticize/comment on Jesus or Allah, it is only apt to ask you is whichever thread you post.

It is still not as scary as stoning Mina. What do you think?

BTW, as a hindu I am offended and by your own guidelines you should cease to bad mouth Kali.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:My Goddess - Page 2 Heidi-klum-halloween-costume-thumb

Swapna what was your aesthetic response to seeing the above picture? It is of super model Heidi Klum dressed as Goddess Kali. Clearly Heidi does not share your horror and revulsion with respect to the iconography of Goddess Kali.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

As you would never (ever) criticize/comment on Jesus or Allah, it is only apt to ask you is whichever thread you post.

** it is undoubtedly one's freedom to NOT make a comment, and it is your freedom to make one. are you not competent enough to make appropriate comments and convincing arguments on your own?

It is still not as scary as stoning Mina.  What do you think?

** "stoning mina?" ah, you think that thr hajj pilgrims are stoning some  woman called mina kumari? not at all. mina, I understand, is a town near makkah, where the saudis have built three walls at which the pilgrims throw pebbles, in commemoration of an event in their prophet abraham's life. explain why that ritual, being performed in far away saudi arabia is scary to you.

BTW, as a hindu I am offended and by your own guidelines you should cease to bad mouth Kali.

** "offended" is not the right word; "angry" and "insecure" that I described the picture of the goddess that rashmun posted as disgusting, are probably more apt descriptions of your feelings.

** worship whomever you want, depict anyone any way you want; post anything you want, but don't be surprised to learn that should you post or support the posting of graphical images of human heads, arms, hearts, or testicles, apparently wrenched off a live human being, and blood being collected in a bowl, and.body parts strewn about for consumption, I will ask questions on not only your taste, but your intelligence, and your beliefs, no matter what the symbolism is.

** yes, I have guidelines, but they don't include silence at just-severed human heads held by the hair and spewing blood and innards.

** see ** above for my responses.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
your use of the word "object" above in connection with my post is an insinuation. this kind of insidious "cleverness" will only damage your credibility, especially with people who are not naive. 

you know very well whether I have objected to rashmun's post or not. and in my posts, I have stated my opinion and position quite clearly. 

here are four words, none meaning "objection," that succinctly describe what I experienced on seeing rashmun's post: shock, disgust, revulsion, *puke*.

my apologies for not being careful. please replace the sentence with the word "object" in my post with the following:

do you find this particular image rashmun posted objectionable, or do you find the general notion of the depiction of a figure of divinity vanquishing the forces of evil, objectionable? in other words is your reaction  specific to just this image, or the entire genre of art based on this theme?

i did not then, and i am not now, trying to insinuate anything. it is a question born out of genuine curiosity and i am hoping we can have an interesting and polite conversation about this.

Max, I honestly don't understand the difference between the two questions: (1) "Do you object to this particular image?" and (2) "Do you find the particular image objectionable?

swapna made a fair point -- that he didn't object to the picture that rashmun posted. in fact he did not. he said he merely found it distasteful. so my characterization of what he said is inaccurate.

objectionable means finding something distasteful. that is in fact the word i had originally intended to use, but got distracted with something else, and when i finally did post, i said he objected to the image.  in any case, i stand corrected. i am still interested in learning whether he only finds that particular image distasteful (i do too for its crude and kitschy nature), or if he finds the entire genre of durga/mahishasura mardini art including ancient sculptures distasteful.  the latter can be found in many museums around the world and is one of many iconographic themes in hindu art alongside nataraja, ganesha etc.

it also finds expression in carnatic music (less important since it is more about music than about libretto) and bharathanatyam (more important), which he has said he enjoys.

he's been complaining about how that picture is scary, evil and makes him pee in his depends late at night etc etc. does it matter whehter he objected to it or found it objectionable? it's strange to see someone with strong opinions on most things bend over backwards to accommodate this IBS fool's gimmickry.
he doesn't have any strong opinion anymore. he stopped having strong opinions around the time the glut administrator was here, and you were talking about c*nts.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:31 am

swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

** it is undoubtedly one's freedom to NOT make a comment, and it is your freedom to make one. are you not competent enough to make appropriate comments and convincing arguments on your own?

** "stoning mina?" ah, you think that thr hajj pilgrims are stoning some  woman called mina kumari? not at all. mina, I understand, is a town near makkah, where the saudis have built three walls at which the pilgrims throw pebbles, in commemoration of an event in their prophet abraham's life. explain why that ritual, being performed in far away saudi arabia is scary to you.

** "offended" is not the right word; "angry" and "insecure" that I described the picture of the goddess that rashmun posted as disgusting, are probably more apt descriptions of your feelings.

** worship whomever you want, depict anyone any way you want; post anything you want, but don't be surprised to learn that should you post or support the posting of graphical images of human heads, arms, hearts, or testicles, apparently wrenched off a live human being, and blood being collected in a bowl, and.body parts strewn about for consumption, I will ask questions on not only your taste, but your intelligence, and your beliefs, no matter what the symbolism is.

** yes, I have guidelines, but they don't include silence at just-severed human heads held by the hair and spewing blood and innards.

Hahaha ... nothing amuses me more than a person who is horrified by a picture of Kali, and yet derives the greatest pleasure in describing what disturbs him in the most graphic, detailed way possible.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:57 am

swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

he doesn't have any strong opinion anymore. he stopped having strong opinions around the time the glut administrator was here, and you were talking about c*nts.

I see. was this around the same time you and douchemun developed your long term ATM (ass to mouth, will save you a laborious search on urban dictionary) relationship that flourishes to this day? and around the same time you stopped your attacks on northindians in appreciation of the submissive hoovering provided by the nutjob from agra and started ranting about sideways screwing telugus and stalking the admin's workplace etc? I'm guessing it is

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:38 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I see. was this around the same time you and douchemun developed your long term ATM (ass to mouth, will save you a laborious search on urban dictionary) relationship that flourishes to this day? and around the same time you stopped your attacks on northindians in appreciation of the submissive hoovering provided by the nutjob from agra and started ranting about sideways screwing telugus and stalking the admin's workplace etc? I'm guessing it is
HAHAHAHAHAAHA! priceless! is the character in bold that chameli person? and ROFL at ATM. rashmun and phlegmy -- they should move in together! both move forever perpendicular to common sense. another thing i noticed today -- this creep, phlegmy, hardly gets any sleep  Shocked he was awake till an hour ago. wonder if he is napping now. i'll watch him tonight -- curious. rashman is no less -- he too posts at fuck-all hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:42 am

phlegmy jest does not sleep.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:05 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

from what i recall Swapna had expressed his poor opinion of Telugus on Sulekha itself. Secondly, Swapna continues to have a poor opinion, in general , of north indians. Third i had developed cordial relations with Swapna on Sulekha itself.

Whereas, according to Swapna, Max's behavior has changed after the transition from Sulekha to this forum took place.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:29 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Hahaha ... nothing amuses me more than a person who is horrified by a picture of Kali, and yet derives the greatest pleasure in describing what disturbs him in the most graphic, detailed way possible.
your coments are illogical. the shock and revulsion resulting from that picture of kali will cause many people who are not hindus to comment about it in amazement.

more interesting is the hypocrisy of a person, all of whose education was received at madras christian college and saint stephen's college, who was a resident of saint thomas's hall, and whose most intimate moments in life were and are shared with christians

almost surely, there are pictures of jesus in his home - there has never been one in mine - and none of a "revered" goddess who severs human heads and drinks fresh, human blood. 

could that be because the craven hypocrite will gratuitously support the vulgarity of that picture only at a forum where nearly all the members are staunch hindus? are we witnessing caste duty being performed?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

from what i recall Swapna had expressed his poor opinion of Telugus on Sulekha itself. Secondly, Swapna continues to have a poor opinion, in general , of north indians. Third i had developed cordial relations with Swapna on Sulekha itself.

Whereas, according to Swapna, Max's behavior has changed after the transition from Sulekha to this forum took place.

you dont say! I didnt know you were applying hoover suction back in the '00s itself. wow you must celebrate 5+ yrs of cordial relationship.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

you dont say! I didnt know you were applying hoover suction back in the '00s itself. wow you must celebrate 5+ yrs of cordial relationship.

Propa, are you not afraid of the wrath of Lord Venkateswara when you keep directing abusive filth at other posters?

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:

Propa, are you not afraid of the wrath of Lord Venkateswara when you keep directing abusive filth at other posters?
he is not, for he has already performed his caste duties by:

1. visiting thirupathy, clad in the silken vest that the senior mrs seetharamayya had "stitched" for him.

2. shaving his head at thirupathy, as a sign of his devotion;

3. force-feeding young varalakshmi (also called veronica in dallas, and kareena in hyd) a large dose of junnu;

4. accepting, albeit with much grumbling, the heavy growth of black hair on vani's legs as karma, like a good hindu should.

propa apparently believes that, having fulfilled his caste duties, his gods and goddesses will allow him to fling filth at others, ethics and taste be damned.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:22 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
swapna wrote:

your coments are illogical. the shock and revulsion resulting from that picture of kali will cause many people who are not hindus to comment about it in amazement.

more interesting is the hypocrisy of a person, all of whose education was received at madras christian college and saint stephen's college, who was a resident of saint thomas's hall, and whose most intimate moments in life were and are shared with christians

almost surely, there are pictures of jesus in his home - there has never been one in mine - and none of a "revered" goddess who severs human heads and drinks fresh, human blood. 

could that be because the craven hypocrite will gratuitously support the vulgarity of that picture only at a forum where nearly all the members are staunch hindus? are we witnessing caste duty being performed?

Gee whiz ... (sorry, I couldn't help bursting out with laughter!) ... did I touch a nerve?

Were you seething, foaming at the mouth, while indulging in this invective harangue?

Did you spill your morning quota of prune juice in the process?

You lost the argument fair and square but, being the sore loser that you are, you just can't let it rest.

There is no use in your trying to draw me into further discussions baiting me with your patented words like hypocrisy, ingratiation and gratuity.

We are done.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:50 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

Gee whiz ... (sorry, I couldn't help bursting out with laughter!) ... did I touch a nerve?

Were you seething, foaming at the mouth, while indulging in this invective harangue?

You lost the argument fair and square but, being the sore loser that you are, you just can't let it rest.

There is no use in your trying to draw me into further discussions baiting me with your patented words like hypocrisy, ingratiation and gratuity.

We are done.
I heard a yelp, and saw your tail tucked firmly between your legs. we are not necessarily "done."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

We are done.
hahaha @"gratuity." look it up; the merriam-webster and the oed are good.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:03 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

We are done.
I heard a yelp, and saw your tail tucked firmly between your legs. we are not necessarily "done."

Don't gloat, my dear silly fellow. People with incontinence are known to have such hallucinations. It will pass and reality will sink in, and you will urinate profusely.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Swapna - you comment on one religion's goddess, you open the door to all religious pictures, Jesus included. 

You lost the argument. Judgement in favor of goodCitizen. 

Anyone with a positive IQ can see you lost. If you can't see it, we'll know why. 

But I think you see it. You just don't like what you see.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:24 pm

seven wrote:Swapna - you comment on one religion's goddess, you open the door to all religious pictures, Jesus included. 

Anyone with a positive IQ can see you lost. If you can't see it, we'll know why. 

no, woman, look up at the title and original poster of this thread, and you'll see that it was rashmun who opened the door. he was also the first to make the irrelevant comment on christian images, which I stated to be just that, and ignored.

it's interesting to see you whine about the doors that rashmun opened of his own choice, and gdctzn opened gratuitously (or "gravitationally," as the latter would describe it).

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 pm

swapna wrote:
seven wrote:Swapna - you comment on one religion's goddess, you open the door to all religious pictures, Jesus included. 

no, woman, look up at the title and original poster of this thread, and you'll see that it was rashmun who opened the door. he was also the first to make the irrelevant comment on christian images, which I stated to be just that, and ignored.

it's interesting to see you whine about the doors that rashmun opened of his own choice, and gdctzn opened gratuitously (or "gravitationally," as the latter would describe it).

Why should you shy away from doing a comparative analysis of Hindu and Christian iconography? You have explained your horror and revulsion for the image and iconography of Kali. The point being made here is whether you experience similar revulsion when viewing the image of a young Caucasian male dragged through the streets bearing a wooden cross and wearing a crown of thorns. Subsequently the hands and feet of this young man are impaled on the cross with a hammer. Nailed to the cross this young man is held aloft and jeered at and tortured thus till he dies a horrible and painful death.

Why are you sharing with us your feelings when viewing the Kali image but not when viewing the other image? You may say "because I don't want to." If that is your excuse then I will accept it and drop the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:36 pm

he's trying to do a seinfeld. i choose not to.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:54 pm

whoa...still going on...

Can't wait to see saamiyaar- the die-hard kumbakonam iyengar that he is - posting fancy shiva linga pictures and ask how does it feel?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next