Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SuCHat speed issues resolved

Go down

SuCHat speed issues resolved Empty SuCHat speed issues resolved

Post by charvaka Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:22 am

Today we experienced some problems with the speed of the SuCHat application. After a couple of changes I will mention below, I just tested it and it seems to work a lot faster.

I have talked with the hosting platform that hosts the domain chaikaapi.com where the SuCHat app is located. The problem appears to be a systematic attack on the site from a particular IP address based in Latvia. The attack targeted the unused forums feature on chaikaapi.com, creating thousands of spam threads. I have deleted the forums feature on that site, and I have also IP blocked the site in Latvia. I don't know if that IP address is from a proxy server that is based in Latvia that legitimate users rely on. If it is a proxy server, I am open to allowing that server again to access the site... please let me know through a PM on Forumotion if you use a proxy server with that IP address and are therefore unable to get to SuCHat. (People who use that IP address can still access such.forumotion.com as usual.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down