Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social dilemma

4 posters

Go down

Social dilemma Empty Social dilemma

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:38 pm

This colleague of ours, Pooja (name changed for security reasons) bought a new home and the housewarming party is on XX.11.12.

I think she wasn't going to invite me but I ran into her and this other colleague Shraddha when they were talking about the party invites.

Now Shraddha asked her if you're inviting 7 or not and after taking sometime she said, ofcourse I am.

I dont believe she was originally going to invite me and I don't want to go. She sent the invites and I want to know how to politely decline.

The dilemma is, my name wasnt the last one. She was talking about inviting(or not) a 4th person Shikha and added her name in the end before sending the invitations. My name wasnt even second last. It was 4th (out of 12 total).

She wasn't going to invite me is my imagination and I should go (then why did she take time to say yes ofcoz 7 is coming!) or Should I politely decline so that way if she wasnt, infact, going to invite me then she'll not have to have me.

TIA,

Back to top Go down

Social dilemma Empty Re: Social dilemma

Post by Idéfix Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Do you want to go? If so, accept. If not, congratulate her and decline politely.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

panini press wrote:Do you want to go? If so, accept. If not, congratulate her and decline politely.

thank you! if no one responded to my thread or if i spent more time thinking about it, i would have done the exact same thing Wink
i need to find out if i want to go or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

seven wrote:This colleague of ours, Pooja (name changed for security reasons) bought a new home and the housewarming party is on XX.11.12.

I think she wasn't going to invite me but I ran into her and this other colleague Shraddha when they were talking about the party invites.

Now Shraddha asked her if you're inviting 7 or not and after taking sometime she said, ofcourse I am.

I dont believe she was originally going to invite me and I don't want to go. She sent the invites and I want to know how to politely decline.

The dilemma is, my name wasnt the last one. She was talking about inviting(or not) a 4th person Shikha and added her name in the end before sending the invitations. My name wasnt even second last. It was 4th (out of 12 total).

She wasn't going to invite me is my imagination and I should go (then why did she take time to say yes ofcoz 7 is coming!) or Should I politely decline so that way if she wasnt, infact, going to invite me then she'll not have to have me.

TIA,

I cant follow these who asked what when situations...natalia romanova messed up my wiring permanently with her stories. do you have any color coded diagrams with arrows, circles, squares, decision points highlighted with big question marks?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Social dilemma 977hwp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm

ez,ya?

wasn't complicated at all but since you asked Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Somebody has way too much time on their hand.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 pm

seven wrote:ez,ya?

whats the question/dilemma again?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:Somebody has way too much time on their hand.

yea not all of us spend our waking hours reading the onion

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:Somebody has way too much time on their hand.

its true. i do have a lot of time. but it takes 2 min to draw that on visio Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
seven wrote:ez,ya?

whats the question/dilemma again?

if i should go or not.

Back to top Go down

Social dilemma Empty Update:Social Dilemma Resolved

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Before anyone posts their suggestion. I have decided. I am going. Bcz i like her and we are good friends. And bcz I want to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:55 pm

you should go but dont take any gifts. just wrap shiny paper around a idaho potato. also pee in their toilet but dont flush

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

I cant follow these who asked what when situations...natalia romanova messed up my wiring permanently with her stories.

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

The question is not whether she had you in her invitee list initially or whether she added you later. That's irrelevant. The point is, she invited you. If you want to go, pack a gift and go. If you don't want to, come up with an excuse and skip the function. But since it's a housewarming party, it would be good etiquette to give her a gift (before or after) even if u don't attend the function.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

seven wrote:This colleague of ours, Pooja (name changed for security reasons) bought a new home and the housewarming party is on XX.11.12.

TIA,

>>>Depends! Is there going to be an open bar? If there is, I would submit this question borders on the ridiculous. If there isn't, flip a coin. You are welcome! Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down