Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a tragic story

3 posters

Go down

a tragic story Empty a tragic story

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 pm

http://www.wbur.org/2011/12/07/worcester-coerced-confession-i

i was listening to this story this morning on the radio and was shaking with rage by the time it was finished. horrible.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

a tragic story Empty Re: a tragic story

Post by Impedimenta Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm

very disturbing!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.wbur.org/2011/12/07/worcester-coerced-confession-i

i was listening to this story this morning on the radio and was shaking with rage by the time it was finished. horrible.

In this country also, coercion is one of the main tools to extract evidence. If the accused stick to their ground, it becomes that much more difficult for the prosecutors to obtain the evidence. As the Denver rich couple (whose daughter disappeared) proved 10, 15 yrs ago by sticking to their innocence the other side would have that much more difficult time (also as the current Kansas City missing girl case is proving to be).

Most non-americans ASSUME that by agreeing to a confession, the prosecutors would show sympathy and empathy leading to leniency. That is a huge no-no in Amrikaa... as soon as they get the evidence, the prosecutors would go back to their "objective" of finding the truth. remember that the DA who leads prominent cases is always interested in winning the case to fulfill his political ambitions/agenda.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down