Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tragic story

4 posters

Go down

Tragic story Empty Tragic story

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1114/breaking19.html

Cases like these make me worry about all the crazy proposed personhood laws in this country. Paul Ryan had voted for one of these.

Wish the husband could have tried to get her to England someway.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Tragic story Empty Re: Tragic story

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm

This makes me angry. Killing a woman because of antiquated laws is horrible.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:58 pm

didn't know ireland was part of the newly formed American confederacy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 pm

As if, this case is not bad enough, the mindset of some folks is even worse. I don't know and don't want to know people who would want travel to faraway lands just to have a baby.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:44 pm

southindian wrote:As if, this case is not bad enough, the mindset of some folks is even worse. I don't know and don't want to know people who would want travel to faraway lands just to have a baby.
Yeah, that is a part of this tragic story I didn't quite understand. Perhaps the guy meant that "ease of having a baby" was one of the factors that they considered when they decided to move to Ireland. But it comes across from his statement as if they specifically went to Ireland to have a baby there.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Tragedy! The docs probably didn't expect her to develop the infection and die.

This is abt someone i know. This happened in India. When the woman was 36 weeks pregnant (8 months) it was discovered that the fetus' head was too big and was filled with fluids. The docs said that the baby was going to be severely mentally retarded. The woman and her husband didn't want the baby. They wanted go for an induced labor and then put the baby to sleep. Is that illegal to do so at that stage of pregnancy in India? In any case, her parents and in-laws didn't allow for that to happen stating that it is sin to kill the fully grown baby and that one has to accept whatever god has given us.
The baby was born with severe mental and physical defects. He is a teenager now. There is no life for the parents. They are so bitter at their parents for forcing them to have the child. True, they should've taken a strong stance. their mistake too.

In any case, my question: Is it legal, both in India and US, to abort the fetus even during the late stages of pregnancy if it is found that the baby is going to be mentally and/or physically challenged?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

kinnera wrote:Tragedy! The docs probably didn't expect her to develop the infection and die.

This is abt someone i know. This happened in India. When the woman was 36 weeks pregnant (8 months) it was discovered that the fetus' head was too big and was filled with fluids. The docs said that the baby was going to be severely mentally retarded. The woman and her husband didn't want the baby. They wanted go for an induced labor and then put the baby to sleep. Is that illegal to do so at that stage of pregnancy in India? In any case, her parents and in-laws didn't allow for that to happen stating that it is sin to kill the fully grown baby and that one has to accept whatever god has given us.
The baby was born with severe mental and physical defects. He is a teenager now. There is no life for the parents. There are so bitter at their parents for forcing them to have the child. They should've taken a strong stance. their mistake too.

In any case, my question: Is it legal, both in India and US, to abort the fetus even during the late stages of pregnancy if it is found that the baby is going to be mentally or physically challenged?
I am neither a lawyer nor a doctor, but as far as I know, it is illegal in the US to do that. I don't know what Indian law is, and I don't know if the Indian law is enforced.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

panini press wrote:
kinnera wrote:
In any case, my question: Is it legal, both in India and US, to abort the fetus even during the late stages of pregnancy if it is found that the baby is going to be mentally or physically challenged?
I am neither a lawyer nor a doctor, but as far as I know, it is illegal in the US to do that. I don't know what Indian law is, and I don't know if the Indian law is enforced.

She said that her doctor, who's her dad's friend, was willing to do that. It maybe legal in India or illegal, but the doc was willing to do it anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down