Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Saamiyaar

2 posters

Go down

To Saamiyaar Empty To Saamiyaar

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:18 pm

What do you think of Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. He is from Coimbatore, your hometown.

Do you know anything about his "inner engineering" philosophy?

You can watch his video on Rediff.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

To Saamiyaar Empty Re: To Saamiyaar

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Guru's Wisdom

Is a lack of clarity and spirituality the reason why we see the kind of problems we see today?

In many ways, yes.

Sometime ago, someone very important in this world asked me: Sadhguru if there is one thing we can do for you that will change the world, what is it?

I said: I will name 24 people. Give them to me for five days. You will see significant changes in the world in three to five years' time.

They asked: Who are these 24 people? I named 24 heads of State of important nations in the world.

Normally, I need two-and-a-half days to transform people. But because they are politicians, I didn't want to take a chance -- I said five days.

For the very first time in the history of humanity, we have the necessary resources, capability and technology to address every human problem on the planet.

The only thing that's missing is an inclusive consciousness.

In the year 2010, they say the world produced enough food for 18 billion people. But we are only 7 billion people.

Still 40 per cent of the people don't get to eat, because you and I have not cared enough.

If these 24 people change the way they think, the way they feel about the world, the way they experience the world, everything can change.

Everything -- technology, resource, capability -- is in place except the human being.

My dream and intention and vision is to put the human being in place.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Yeah rite.. looks like another swamyji in the making... If 24 heads of state are given to him for five days... ?????

sure... he knows that will never happen.

Here is MY discourse:

Every culture "evolves" per its surrounding and people's capabilities. When u simply try to borrow alien concepts, ideas, practices the culture is likely to perish. You cannot grow paddy/rice in arid lands; you cannot grow cotton in the hills and you cannot grow tea in the plains.

Adapt alien ideas to your condition and not SIMPLY FOLLOW them. China and Japan did just that, while India tries to ape the west. In this process, Indians are losing their own cultural strengths - connected to life and economy - and hence all the confusion.

Remember the tamil saying: Arasanai nambi purushanai vida, arasanum purushanum aathOda pOnangalaam.

So this Saamiyaar says - adapt and borrow ideas but don't simply copy them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down