Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rahane > nohit sharma (cricket)

3 posters

Go down

rahane > nohit sharma (cricket) Empty rahane > nohit sharma (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:50 pm

i think it is about time rahane became the first choice over nohit sharma in every damn format of the game. i saw him play this game last night - i refused to go out for an urgent errand until he was playing - and i was convinced that he has all it takes in him to be a successful cricketer. granted that the track was a batting track, but his strokes were all class and nothing ugly, unorthodox cricket shots that you see in tonty tonty these days. since SRT refuses to retire, and sehwag and gambhir are the other two openers IND has, rahane can play only in the middle order. who better than nohit sharma (scored 0 and 1 in the IPL so far) to be kicked out?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

rahane > nohit sharma (cricket) Empty Re: rahane > nohit sharma (cricket)

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Indian team is not a zeronsum game. While an individuual game has 11players . considering the amount of cricket india plays india could use 6 or 7 middle order batsmen. It does not have to be rahane vs rohit all the time. If pujara. Rahane. Rohit click with virat it would serve india well in times of rotation and injuries. Raina seem to have settled in one day/20 over format. There is plenty of work for more successful batsmen.

Problem is that none among the new crop may a dravid or laxman or sachin typenof ability to succeed in difficult conditions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:18 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Problem is that none among the new crop may a dravid or laxman or sachin typenof ability to succeed in difficult conditions.

they won't need any talent like that because the only game that the indian team will be playing that the paying public will also have any interest in is t20. you don't need sachin/dravid/laxman type talent for that. this is enough.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Well even if they limit to 20 overs. They still need to play outside the friendly confines of indian soil and outside the control area of bcci. After inagural world cup they failed to cope with the dreaded rising short ball. In my opinion you - max - are over estimating their ability.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 am

and one more - http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/engine/current/match/548324.html

agreed, this was a flat track and a tonty tonty, but the sheer class of stroke-making was evident. no slogging, no unnecessary risks. what's more, he scored against 5 international bowlers and muralidharan and not some unknown pankaj babu, hanumant rao, harmeet sethi, xyz singh and zyz kumar.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down