Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content)

Go down

Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content) Empty Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content)

Post by Bittu Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahul_Ram

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content) Empty Re: Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content)

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 am

lovely 50 mins spent. i stopped after his narmada bit. the man has an earthy sense of humour. LOL at:

- mimicry of st stephens accent.
- in st stephens you are told, "you are the cream." in iit you are told, "you are the cream." heck, everyone is cream?
- after 2 years of studying for masters in iit, i had so much chemistry in me man!
- crapping in an open field in hathkadi requires infinite small adjustments.

nice observations:

- in iit everything is set. organic 1, organic 2, organic 3... in cornell i was amazed to realize that save a couple of mandatory courses, i could choose any course i wanted. i drifted to social sciences and ecology and was allowed!
- these adivasis [in narmada] are being dispossessed but they dance the nights away. in jail, with them, i saw them dancing through the night. same in lockup [and he sings a rapturous adivasi song].

at the end, despite his deep feelings for the adivasis and their cause, i feel the adivasis must give up their lifestyle and give up their land. it should be done in a humane way with a fair quid pro quo. of course, i am not talking about the narmada dam, that was conceived long ago and whose perceived utility has now been put to question, but other projects that require land to build infrastructure and industries. they are sitting on a valuable national resource (which includes ore) and it has to be shared.

here is my favourite track by indian ocean: ode to narmada. it was probably inspired by rahul ram i now feel. listen to it and like it and love it and share it.

Back to top Go down

Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content) Empty Re: Who is Rahul Ram? (hour long Hindian video content)

Post by Bittu Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm

ok so i'm not sure now....is Hindian = English/Hindi mix? If yes, that's what this video contains.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 am

hindian = one who speaks hindi (meant in a nation sense by the likes of kayal vizhi -- the hindians of hindia)
hinglish = hindi and english mix.

this vid. is in hinglish. HTH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 am

ah thanks huz. I knew something wasn't right.....

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down