Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexual Harassment by Bittu etc

+16
Impedimenta
Propagandhi711
Motor_Mouth
Kris
Merlot Daruwala
FluteHolder
pravalika nanda
truthbetold
bw
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Bittu
Rekz
garam_kuta
confuzzled dude
Damini
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sexual Harassment by Bittu etc - Page 3 Empty Re: Sexual Harassment by Bittu etc

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:37 am

Haha. You've set the cat among the pigeons. First you hit the third rail in any rape debate i.e. the forced sex fantasy. Then you attribute the anger towards Bittu to sexual jealousy.

Now the righteous wrath of all Sita-worshipping, pure-minded, utterly-chaste Indian men and women on this site shall descend upon you.

This thread holds much promise. Shall stock up on popcorn for the fireworks tonight.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Sexual Harassment by Bittu etc - Page 3 Empty Re: Sexual Harassment by Bittu etc

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:This thread holds much promise. Shall stock up on popcorn for the fireworks tonight.
+1

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 am

Motor_Mouth wrote:It is no secret that women fantasize about forced sex by a stranger.

oh!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i have no interest in your or anyone else's relationship with bittu. it's not my place to tell you whose friendship to cultivate. i just find bittu's chloroform post and the blithe dismissal of it as humorous disturbing.

you didn't just find bittu's post disturbing. you called out on certain women too. hence the q.

which part of blithe dismissal is hard to understand?

"

if the post above was meant to shock, it doesn't shock, it merely evokes revulsion. if it was meant to be humorous, it isn't. if it was serious, then some of the female handles here who routinely get hot under the collar about some things i say in my posts are better off getting upset about this instead. "

"i used to think you are a smart woman. but it's clear you're just a moron. i feel quite sad to have realized this today. "

"
i didn't ask for his freedom of speech to be curtailed. i find it difficult to believe that you find crude, lewd, and violent posts (that chloroform post was just that) humorous. sense of humor? my ass. i haven't bothered responding to other women who also routinely say this same thing, that they find his posts humorous, frankly because i think their sense of priorities is totally whacked. but i responded to your posts, because i think it is an aberration that can be rectified after some reconsideration. "

i haven't said anything about curtailing your or anyone else's friendship with bittu. please friendship away.

Funny how in this thread I neither 'defended' bittu, nor did I accuse you of trying to curtail anyone's friendship, but still it keeps coming up. Max, my question was on your response to PN in that last highlighted part. While you didn't ask anyone to curtail any friendship, you did hope them to change their responses. And I had some questions on that line. Anyway, it's funny to see you cast aside everything as 'outbursts of frustration'. So, much can't be done about that, I guess.

Now, back to the topic. My first response on this was in response to Max's post. And I said:

"the way I see it, it was an attempt at self-deprecating humor, funny or not depending on those women's off-ch interactions w/him, or lack of. "

I should have clarified something there. Bittu never used those lines on me. For that matter he rarely used any lewd/violent lines on me. Either on forums, or off forums. I don't know exactly why. Maybe that was coz when I joined, he wasn't around, and I had got 1-2 months when a couple other posters sorta 'trained' me on his brand of SOH, and how to 'deal' with it. So I was better prepared than many other women, and knew how it was better to diffuse the attention, instead of making it a battle point with him. Or maybe I could see what they were saying about his SOH. On that point, I have never understood this board's obsession with bittu. Men and women.

When I was very new, he did use some light banter for a couple of month, that you may call 'lewd', but I responded jokingly, if nervously, and that was the end of it. On one such occasion, it did make TS spend one whole night cursing me out, but that was the end of it, really. On another such occasion, I was threatened personally, off-ch. But let's not go there now...

So anyway, when I wrote the point above, my opinion was coming from the same point like others. POV of a reader who has read him using those lines on other women posters, most of who used to, and who still does snub him away every time, at least publicly. At the same time, I had many reasons to believe that a lot of stuff happens behind the scenes on CH, so I made sure that I wasn't quick to judge bittu or those women based on just posts, and look like a fool myself.

And why did I think it was self-deprecating humor. Coz in other dozen posts, he would write about his conquests and success with women, mostly ch women. And then he would make this one post where he would suggest that his so called famous 'charm' may not work with some women. To me, that was the start and end of it. I did not see it as any infringement on any woman's rights or vagina. In his particular case, no.

After that, it began with Rashmun's all famous question on what would you do if someone said that to your daughter. I humored him by giving a generic answer. Is he that out of touch with reality? That man (maybe e'one here) needs to take ride on a typical middle or high school bus in this country, or be in a campus one day, hear those teens talk, and you will think bittu does baby talk. I have heard that it all fades out by the time they become seniors or go to college, let's see...

Girls all learn to react, ignore, protect, befriend or un-friend those boys on a case to case basis, quite early on in this country. Or they fall a prey to it. All depending on the home atmosphere, other friends, and maybe the influence of pop culture on them. My kid and her friends think I'm open enough to hear all that, so I know exactly what stuff is spoken there. Maybe Max's girls are trying to protect him by not telling him much (kids learn to do this early on too, i.e. to protect the parents if they have proven themselves to be too sensitive), or maybe they are telling him and that's the reason behind his anguish. *shrug*. But the fact is, it all happens here, on a much worse scale, but mostly at the verbal level.

Who said parenting in such an atmosphere was a piece of cake. You have to be on an alert all the time. But you cannot get frustrated like that, and you definitely cannot get preachy or too idealistic. You teen will listen to you only when he/she thinks that you are not some dated item.

And I am not speaking in general, or bullshitting. I have exact examples that I have dealt with so far, but I will save those stories for some other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:On one such occasion, it did make TS spend one whole night cursing me out, but that was the end of it, really.
really? is that what happened between you and a ts? i missed that event. yaar tell me more. what exactly transpired between you and him (and between him and .|Sublime|. shortly thereafter -- if you know). btw, i've given your post a + vote. parenting is not easy. kids are smarter than we think (and you are right insofar as kids can read you and fool you if need be). for me it is easy because both my kids are boys. i routinely send both non-veg jokes through SMS. i started doing this about a year ago. they enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
But it is the other discussion in this thread that is amusing. Why are folks upset at the women on the board who don't take offence? And for being friendly with Bittu? Surely, dictating to women what they should be offended by and who they should be friends with is also a reflection of the same attitude - that women are incapable of taking independent decisions and need to be educated on rights and wrongs.

It is my observation that women sounding handles on SuCH are doing the same thing they've done in India when they're groped in a city bus i.e. looking the other way. I'm sure Bittu handle had e-groped them a few times but they chose to ignore it and don't even want to acknowledge it or call it banter.

Trust me when I say more than fifty percent of those handles were that of a man who Thot maybe this will help them give access to bittu. Why, I don't know. And trust me when I say how frustrated they got when this didn't happen. Makes me form a theory if bittu does this on purpose to screen out women handles vs men handles, and then focus on just the women ones. Just my guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:On one such occasion, it did make TS spend one whole night cursing me out, but that was the end of it, really.
really? is that what happened between you and a ts? i missed that event. yaar tell me more. what exactly transpired between you and him (and between him and .|Sublime|. shortly thereafter -- if you know). btw, i've given your post a + vote. parenting is not easy. kids are smarter than we think (and you are right insofar as kids can read you and fool you if need be). for me it is easy because both my kids are boys. i routinely send both non-veg jokes through SMS. i started doing this about a year ago. they enjoy it.

No idea what happened between sublime and TS, but now I'm curious Very Happy. Just kidding.

About TS. Bittu had been joking with me and it frustrated TS why I wasn't going ninja on bittu. Then one day bittu asked my size, and I gave vague replies, instead of snubbing him. There were others too in the whole masti thread. I woke up next morning to see TS being up all night.

I share non veg jokes too, but mostly as a listener. She is simply trying to gauge how much in the know-how I am. Once in a while it happens that I don't know something and boy do they get a kick out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am

so the nub of it is, being offended by suggestions of chloroform rape is being antiquated. and because hormonal middle school boys in the US say nasty things, one is expected to show tolerance for it when it comes from a grown man, a father to boot. did i get it about right? thanks.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:About TS. Bittu had been joking with me and it frustrated TS why I wasn't going ninja on bittu. Then one day bittu asked my size, and I gave vague replies, instead of snubbing him. There were others too in the whole masti thread. I woke up next morning to see TS being up all night.
ha ha! traits of possessiveness in a ts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 am

[quote="Vidya Bagchi"
At the same time, I had many reasons to believe that a lot of stuff happens behind the scenes on CH,.....

After that, it began with Rashmun's all famous question on what would you do if someone said that to your daughter. I humored him by giving a generic answer. Is he that out of touch with reality?

But the fact is, it all happens here, on a much worse scale, but mostly at the verbal level.

And I am not speaking in general, or bullshitting. I have exact examples that I have dealt with so far, but I will save those stories for some other day.
[/quote]

I cutted most of what you said... Agree... Max is still in that stage of hidden fantasy of idealism and trying to bring his kids in that mould. Things will turn out differently and he may not like everything that turns out eventually. Have noticed enough examples on that. Bottomline, you do what you think is best AT THIS TIME and hope they turn out the way you wanted them (although everyone claims that they would be perfectly happy any way their children turn out.... yeah rite...). Remember, most people are surprised at the grade they get at the end of the exams.

Regarding Bittu. Simply and bluntly say what you think about bittu - like him, hate him, belittle him, praise him and that is that. No one has any business to expect, dictate how you should think. If they judge you by your views of him or anyone - who cares and who gives a shyt, and you should not even bother to explain. I have opinion and some view about everyone, and everyone has some opinion about me - be that way....Razz

Regarding Rashmun....less said the better, and like I said I have an opinion about him - just as about everyone else. I deal with crazies on a daily basis, and I know one when I see one.

now the most important statement in your long post...cut the crap and Pliss to explain the "behind the scenes on CH" that is more interesting and will be....and enquiring minds want to know.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:43 am

Max no you still didn't get the point. Which I think merlot summarized the best. It's not for you or me to decide what an adult woman' reaction to chloroform Online post should be. Specially when we don't know about relationship between the two. It's not for us to say whether it is antiquated. And it is not for us to say it is not. You and I both gave our points. I did not say you have no right to feel pissed about bittu's post. I merely pointed out why are you judging those women and urging them to get upset about his posts instead of your bigotry.

I mentioned hormonal school kids coz 1) I was asked about my kid and 2) coz you mentioned your frustration somewhere else on how you feel about it while raising your kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:[
No idea what happened between sublime and TS, but now I'm curious Very Happy. Just kidding.

I will be too... bcz she is one secretive woman. May be as a Senior she will tell me what happened and help me from the wolves of CH......Wink

Most CHers - like most people in real world - actually judge people based on their own reference scale, although it is fashionable to claim otherwise. TS and others are no exception (perhaps, me included)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 am

let me make one thing clear. if i haven't said it clearly enough before, let me state it very clearly. nobody need change their responses to anything on account of anything i have said.

about making judgments, we are all making judgments all the time, off line and online. another word for it is discernment. it's what allows us to navigate life.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:50 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:so the nub of it is, being offended by suggestions of chloroform rape is being antiquated. and because hormonal middle school boys in the US say nasty things, one is expected to show tolerance for it when it comes from a grown man, a father to boot. did i get it about right? thanks.
il professore, we both know why we enjoy being here. that itself speaks volumes! there is that another forum -- anothersubcontinent.com. once i got into a spat with the admin there because i had said something graphic to champa. it was said facetiously but the sanctimonious aunties, the mods, decided (without consulting champa) that it reeked of violence, e-bullying, section 320 and section 420 and banned me, albeit for a fortnight. when i returned i argued with arnab. i told him that nowhere in the charter was it mentioned that use of mildly graphic (bole to metaphorical) language could to lead to banning. he cited in his defense that just because it was not mentioned, it did not mean that it was going to be encouraged. so i said, wait, if i threatened you with a nuclear attack, you'd take me seriously and ban me? then i thought he probably would take it to mean that i was going to nuke him.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:let me make one thing clear. if i haven't said it clearly enough before, let me state it very clearly. nobody need change their responses to anything on account of anything i have said.

Then either don't say it, or add this addendum every time that you do say it. Will save a lot of communication issues later.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:let me make one thing clear. if i haven't said it clearly enough before, let me state it very clearly. nobody need change their responses to anything on account of anything i have said.

Then either don't say it, or add this addendum every time that you do say it. Will save a lot of communication issues later.

let me acquaint you with the first amendment. perhaps you haven't yet heard of it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 am

Motor_Mouth wrote:It is no secret that women fantasize about forced sex by a stranger. This stranger, however, is a handsome, hygienic person who has the right amount of hair on his chest to tickle her breasts and strawberry breath, not some truck driver who hasn't shaved in months and smells of gutkha, alcohol, beedi and dal makhani. Most women on this board find that stranger in Bittu and love the attention that he showers on them. They all love it when he says that he would hide behind a curtain and grab them by their breasts, catching them unawares and bend their limbs at angles unknown to them before forcing his pee-unit into their roselike vee-unit dripping with jalebi juice.

Given that it is only a fantasy, they enjoy it for as long as it remains a fantasy - which is *always* on an online forum. That is why you see no resistance to him by females on this forum. They would stay away from him in real life if they ever came across him.

Most men on this forum are jealous of him because their attempts at attracting their attention (by talking ancient history, philosophy, math, politics, probability, music, fiscal deficit, global warming etc) have failed for over a decade while his haven't.

I am propagandhi urf undertaker and I approve this message. Except for the middle paragraph.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 am

psstt...i fleeting saw the name champa. who is she? or he?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

let me acquaint you with the first amendment. perhaps you haven't yet heard of it.

First amendment doesn't help when you are trying to resolve communication issues. I tried helping, if you don't want to take it, your choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:29 am

Impedimenta wrote:psstt...i fleeting saw the name champa. who is she? or he?
champa bilwakesh was a very old poster in sulekha ch (1999). she also posts in anothersubcontinent.com. in fact, i got introduced to sulekha by her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 am

No time to read all this but quickly, what I gleaned so far:

1. The delhi rape is a traumatic, life changing event for Max especially because he is ushering young girls into adulthood. That makes him vulnerable and weak when subjected to any news item or online content that reminds him of the metal-rod-in-vagina delhi rape. Wait, they said all her intestines were hanging out, so shouldn't it be metal-rod-in-anus? anyway. Chloroform in hanky in restaurant --> rape --> metal rod --> Spontaneous mental combustion of Max. IMO he should sue Amazon for selling the "win her over with chloroform" song. We should support him.

2. One day Rashmun's wife got high and asked him to F the living shyt out of her. He sagely responded, "Would you ask your brother to do the same?"

3. Motor_Mouth's posts is totally LOLworthy! Hahahaha hiding behind curtains, catching them unawares, "woh dekho chidiya" trickery, inserting pee-unit into their roseline vee-unit dripping with jalebi juice BRILLIANT hahaha

4. I feel sorry for posting the chloroform picture. That is so 90s. Everyone these days is using roypnol. mybad mybad.

5. If there are any women who feel left out, please come forward so I can e-molest you ASAP.

xoxo, Bittu

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:33 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Regarding Bittu. Simply and bluntly say what you think about bittu - like him, hate him, belittle him, praise him and that is that. No one has any business to expect, dictate how you should think. If they judge you by your views of him or anyone - who cares and who gives a shyt, and you should not even bother to explain. I have opinion and some view about everyone, and everyone has some opinion about me - be that way....Razz

I don't think I need to say even that much, and if you notice my posts, I haven't. If I am pointing out something I didn't like in Max's or anyone's post, or I am talking about school environments, if people want to deduce it to mean I am 'defending' bittu, then it's an issue with their logical reasoning. Not my fault.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
now the most important statement in your long post...cut the crap and Pliss to explain the "behind the scenes on CH" that is more interesting and will be....and enquiring minds want to know.

I know more than I need to know. But I am also practical enough to realize that I probably know only 30% of it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 am

Bittu wrote:No time to read all this but quickly, what I gleaned so far:

1. The delhi rape is a traumatic, life changing event for Max especially because he is ushering young girls into adulthood. That makes him vulnerable and weak when subjected to any news item or online content that reminds him of the metal-rod-in-vagina delhi rape. Wait, they said all her intestines were hanging out, so shouldn't it be metal-rod-in-anus? anyway. Chloroform in hanky in restaurant --> rape --> metal rod --> Spontaneous mental combustion of Max. IMO he should sue Amazon for selling the "win her over with chloroform" song. We should support him.

2. One day Rashmun's wife got high and asked him to F the living shyt out of her. He sagely responded, "Would you ask your brother to do the same?"

3. Motor_Mouth's posts is totally LOLworthy! Hahahaha hiding behind curtains, catching them unawares, "woh dekho chidiya" trickery, inserting pee-unit into their roseline vee-unit dripping with jalebi juice BRILLIANT hahaha

4. I feel sorry for posting the chloroform picture. That is so 90s. Everyone these days is using roypnol. mybad mybad.

5. If there are any women who feel left out, please come forward so I can e-molest you ASAP.

xoxo, Bittu

Would you be ok if your daughter wants to go out with a guy who says his fantasy is to rape her after making her unconscious using chloroform?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am

Rashmun wrote:
Would you be ok if your daughter wants to go out with a guy who says his fantasy is to rape her after making her unconscious using chloroform?

ewwww Rashmun you are DISGUSTING. I bet your wife's v-unit is dripping of sulfuric acid. No jalebi juice in your broad's poon, thass fo sho.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

Bittu wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am

Bittu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

ewwww Rashmun you are DISGUSTING. I bet your wife's v-unit is dripping of sulfuric acid. No jalebi juice in your broad's poon, thass fo sho.

Rashmun is single, as per his claims. I know you will remember this for a total of two days, but still thought I should clarify that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 am

Rashmun wrote:
Bittu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Would you be ok if this strategy is some day implemented on your own daughter?

I believe it was implemented on your mom and that's how your turdy self was dropped on this planet.

You did not answer my question: would you be ok if your own dating strategy is some day implemented on your daughter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:50 am

Sexual Harassment by Bittu etc - Page 3 Obelix

Il Professore, Bittu loves to shock and seek attention. Why do you get so worked up? And the people who give him attention don't have a gun to their head. Even Scott Peterson has his groupies. What are you trying to do getting worked up? The whole sequence reminds me of a scene in Will & Grace. I will post that video clip when I find it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 pm

A group of women driven into a crazed frenzy over the delhi rape incident have vandalized a bar in Mumbai because it has been selling a cocktail called the 'rapist.':
http://www.aol.com/video/mumbai-bar-vandalised-over-rapist-cocktail/517629121/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl13|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D251681/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058?test=latestnews

Max, are these broads your kith and kin?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Bittu wrote: A group of women driven into a crazed frenzy over the delhi rape incident have vandalized a bar in Mumbai because it has been selling a cocktail called the 'rapist.':
http://www.aol.com/video/mumbai-bar-vandalised-over-rapist-cocktail/517629121/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl13|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D251681/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058?test=latestnews

Max, are these broads your kith and kin?

Journalist Seema Goswami directly linked the lyrics to violence agaist women to as she wrote, "All those telling us to *ignore* Honey Singh's *rape rap* do remember that this kind of misogyny is what results in violence against women." Nilanjana Roy posted a link to the petition, tweeting: Why women don't want to celebrate the new year with Honey Singh: Neha Kaul's petition...

Renowned journalist and Rude Food columnist Vir Sanghvi called for a strong boycott against the hotel if they didn't called the show off. He wrote on his Twitter wall: For God's sake, Bristol Hotel. Cancel the Honey Singh show. Are you guys in the rape business or the hotel business?

He later added, "If the Bristol does not cancel the Honey Singh show then I would urge every decent Indian to boycott the hotel."

Comedian Tanmay Bhat said, "Bringing Honey Singh into this discussion is giving his songs too much dignity. They're offensive to every sensibility and not just women."

So what exactly is the hullabaloo about? On his way to stardom he has penned some seriously lewd lyrics earning him the horrendous nickname - Rape Rapper. There's a song by the name of Main Hoon Balaatkari to his credit, then there's another one called, well read it for yourselves:

The lyrics of the song C***:
Aja teri ch*** maroon
Tere sir se chu**** ka bhoot utaroon
Cho**** key baad tujhe jutey maroon
Tere mooh main apna l*** dey key mo*** maroon (yeah)

The literal translation of the song roughly comes to this:
Come, I'll f*** you,
Exorcise you of the ghost of getting f*****,
After f****** you, I'll hit you with a shoe,
I'd put my d*** in your mouth, and then p*** on you

Yes, those are the lyrics of the song and the video features skimpily clad women who look all to happy to oblige Mr Honey Singh. After reading it we hope you will sign the petition, which had garnered 742 supporters when we last checked has been going viral on the social networking sites.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Music/Facebook-Twitter-campaign-demands-Honey-Singh-ban-for-lewd-lyrics/Article1-983065.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 pm

OPINION
Poisonous Honey
While anti-rape protests rightly take the government to task for better policing and changes in law, perhaps it is also time to introspect on the sort of lyrics that are being promoted in the name of irreverence and 'youth culture'
GAUTAM CHINTAMANI

Perhaps it is free speech that allows someone who came up with lyrics such as Ch***ey key baad tujhe jutey maroon (Beat you with my shoe after I f**k you) to get away with it.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?283466

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 pm

because i think it is an aberration that can be rectified after some reconsideration
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:OPINION
Poisonous Honey
While anti-rape protests rightly take the government to task for better policing and changes in law, perhaps it is also time to introspect on the sort of lyrics that are being promoted in the name of irreverence and 'youth culture'
GAUTAM CHINTAMANI

Perhaps it is free speech that allows someone who came up with lyrics such as Ch***ey key baad tujhe jutey maroon (Beat you with my shoe after I f**k you) to get away with it.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?283466

Subhadeep Sengupta INDIA 3 days ago Liked 1
This guy is inciting crimes against women via mass media.

If we were at all a half-way decent society, by now Yo Yo Honey Singh should have been behind bars a year ago, if the reports about his Main Hoon Balatkari ‘lyrics’, which may as well be a verbatim depiction of what happened in that fateful Delhi bus, are true. This man’s voice is reportedly being played all over Delhi, from Discos to radio stations and weddings and is reportedly being signed up by Bollywood producers, with one worthy even planning to do a movie on the depraved soul.

http://www.change.org/petitions/gm-of-the-bristol-hotel-gurgaon-india-stop-honey-singh-s-performance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Mumbai: Bhangra-pop singer-rapper Honey Singh claims he is a victim of a vicious smear campaign launched by his rivals to finish off his rising career as India's foremost live entertainer.
Shaken and nonplussed, Honey didn't know what hit him when, on Monday hours before the new year was ushered in with telling somberness, he was targeted viciously for his allegedly anti-woman misogynist songs, especially a number offensively titled 'Main Hoon Ek Balaatkari'.
The song's title and "message" have offended a nation reeling under the impact of the heinous gang-rape in Delhi that took the victim's life last week.

A virulent campaign to boycott Honey Singh and his music was launched on several micro-blogging sites. An FIR was also lodged against Honey for obscenity in Lucknow. To top it all, on New Year's eve Honey's proposed concert in Gurgaon had to be cancelled due to pressures from the outside.
Fearing for his life, in a startling revelation made exclusively to this writer Honey Singh claims the offensive song is not his at all.

"I swear on my music, I've neither written nor sung those offensive songs. I'd never dream of singing a song in praise of rape. The thought is nauseating to me. I'd rather give up singing than attain popularity in such cheap and cheesy ways," he said.
"I respect women...What I am going through is another form Of rape," Honey Singh said.

Honey says the song has been released on the internet by an imposter. "I've sent notices to Youtube and other websites which have uploaded the offensive number. I am shocked that such a song could even be believed to be mine. I come from a family where women are respected. And I'd never disrespected women by espousing rape."

Honey also claims that the other obscene song entitled "Ch..t" which has been floating on the internet for years under his name is not his.
"I completely disown both these obscene numbers. I've nothing to do with them. My lawyers are trying to find out who's doing this to malign me. I'm being targeted for a rape of another kind altogether.What is being done to me is among the lowest of violation of human dignity," he said.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/im-the-victim-of-a-smear-campaign-says-rapper-honey-singh/313596-45-75.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Honey Singh: why he must face the music

I had not intended to get involved in the controversy over the Honey Singh concert at Gurgaon’s Bristol Hotel on New Year’s eve. Truth be told, I was only dimly aware that Honey Singh existed. But when I saw the online petition asking the Bristol to call off the show and read the tweets from Nilanjana Roy, Raheel Khursheed and others, I was sufficiently intrigued to check out the lyrics of Honey Singh’s songs.

What I found was truly shocking. I am not one of those who minds sexual references in popular culture so I was not offended by the sexual content of the lyrics. What outraged me was that one of the songs was written from the perspective of a rapist and glorified the manner in which he intended to humiliate women, to urinate in their mouths and to assault them.

I was angry enough to join the campaign, sign the petition and to tweet about it, encouraging others to sign too. I also tweeted that if the Bristol did not cancel the show then all decent people should boycott the hotel. (Which is not such a huge sacrifice, if we are to be honest…)

I know much has been said about the power of on-line protest but my conclusion, at least in this case, is that while on-line activity can force the mainstream media to take note of our views, it lacks the weight to force intransigent organisations to review their positions.

In this case, even as the campaign gathered storm and became the subject of stories in mainstream media, the Bristol refused to cancel the show. It was only late in the evening, after an IPS officer filed an FIR against Honey Singh, that the hotel finally caved in.
Since then, there has been a lot of muddled and ill-informed debate in the media about the incident. Those of us who signed the petition have been accused of moral policing, of demanding censorship and of picking on soft targets. Some of the confusion comes from the inability of the commentators to distinguish between three kinds of objections to sexual content in popular culture.

The first objection relates to ‘vulgarity’. Most people who are normally accused of moral policing take the line that overt sexual content or even sexual innuendo falls outside the boundaries of what is considered as acceptable in our society.
This objection is subjective in nature. The boundaries of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable change by the year. There was a time when it was considered almost pornographic to show couples kissing on the screen in Hindi movies. Or, to take an example from abroad, the Rolling Stones song, Let’s Spend The Night Together, was banned by many radio and TV stations in the US.

The history of freedom of expression in our society is a story of people striving to go beyond these boundaries and of others trying to prevent them. Most times, however, artists have succeeded in breaching the barricades. Nobody minds that there is kissing in Hindi movies these days. And it is hard to understand why Let’s Spend The Night Together was ever banned.

Generally, I am on the side of those who would breach the barricades. I do not see myself as a moral policeman or as the sort of person who demands censorship.
The second objection is a feminist one. It is interesting that most people who complain about vulgarity in media focus on women. The complaint is never framed in terms of why Salman Khan takes his shirt off in every movie. Instead, the focus is usually on the skimpiness of the heroine’s costume or the item girl’s pelvic thrusts.

Feminists object to the same sorts of things but they have a different perspective. They say that the emphasis on scantily-clad gyrating women amounts to a commodification of women. They argue that because popular culture treats women as mere sex objects, it promotes a society where men cease to see women as complete human beings but treat them only as receptacles for the sexual urges.

I do not necessarily dispute all of this. But I tend not to take a feminist view of life so these are not my objections to sexual content in media.
But there is a third category of objection. And it is one that I subscribe to. Popular culture must never be used to incite anger, hatred or violence. To see how offensive Honey Singh’s lyrics are just imagine that he was singing not about a woman but about assaulting a Dalit or a tribal. All of us would be appalled and would immediately demand action against him. No civilised society can approve of popular culture in which performers urge their audiences to go out and commit rape, assault or other kinds of sick violence. The problem with Honey Singh’s lyrics is not that they are lewd. It is that they are a celebration of sexual violence and rape.

The controversy over the Honey Singh song has been muddied by those who fail to appreciate these distinctions. To disapprove of a man who issues calls for rape and genital mutilation is not to function as a moral policeman or to take a feminist view of the world. It is only to ask for a society in which popular culture does not turn into an incitement to violence.

One more issue needs to be clarified. Critics have alleged that all of us who signed the on-line petition were asking for a ban on the show. We were not. If that had been our intention the petition would have been sent to the Haryana Government or the Haryana Police. Instead, we were simply asking the Bristol Hotel to desist from hosting the show on the grounds that it was promoting a man who glorified rape.

It is a sad commentary on the standards of our public life that the Bristol ignored this peaceful and civilised request but promptly buckled under once the police filed an FIR.
I could go on. I could tell you that one reason why women are routinely molested in our cities is because popular culture sometimes suggests that this is a macho and entirely acceptable sort of thing to do. But then, I imagine you know that already.
So finally, here’s my message. We are not moral policemen. We don’t want bans on all sexual content. But as citizens of India, we have the right to protest against those who glorify rape and violence against women.
And, in the aftermath of the Delhi gang rape, we would be failing in our duties as citizens, if we did not protest.

http://blogs.hindustantimes.com/medium-term/?p=570

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 pm

a punchup among academic bengalis:

public displays of affection and lack of private spaces in which to conduct their sex lives is what leads to frequent rapes says MIT economist abhijit banerjee:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/viewssectionpage/AbhijitBanerjee/It-s-time-to-get-real/Article1-952416.aspx

I don’t always agree with Mamata Banerjee but I don’t see what’s so bizarre (as the headline of the India Blooms news story reporting on her statement insists) about her suggestion that the recent rash of rapes in India has something to do with public displays of intimacy far more graphic than the one that so upset me. There are few forces more powerful than sexual desire and few forms of inequality more palpable than inequality of access to sex: all the rich guys, to a first approximation, get all the pretty girls, at least if pretty is what Bollywood (or Hollywood) tells us it should be.

Having that inequality being thrown at your face, day in and day out, by a language of the body that leaves little to the imagination, cannot possibly be pleasant if you happen to be on the wrong side of that divide.

basu and bose disagree:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/editorial-views-on/Edits/A-risky-formulation/Article1-955319.aspx

There are many problems here to make us gape and froth. But the central one is this: the currency of this social access, the transactional object, the commodity being flung around, is women. Women’s control of their sexuality, their right to bodily integrity and their rights to mobility and public spaces are notably absent in this equation. In perceiving the public sphere entirely as a zone of male competition, Banerjee’s argument replicates the idea that rape is correlated to uncontrollable male urges — a physical and psychological given, with a ‘men will be men’ sigh of resignation — and its removal must therefore be dependent upon finding more legitimate, socially-acceptable means of satiating them.

whose side are you on?

aside: amongst indians do only bengalis concern themselves with the social sciences and humanities? of course i don't have hard statistics, but there seems to be such a profusion of bengalis in these areas. and they all seem to mushroom out of delhi university and JNU. i wonder why.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 pm

bw wrote:some women have told me that these men aren't hypocrites but honest fellas, honest about their feelings.

all you men think similarly about women but just don't say it - true?

a pretty vague statement! Many responded to it. i wonder what e'one is imagining it to be. Someone in chat suggested that they imagined it to be rape. that's ridiculous! Let me clarify.
I think i know where it's coming from. BW asked me on chat once how it's ok with me abt bittu's frequent talk abt seeing women's racks. Another woman in chat (who is mostly in the lurk mode) responded with, 'all men like to see women's racks. The only difference is that some won't say it.' I agreed with that and commented abt the hypocrisy of the 'holier than thou'/self righteous men and said that bittu at least isn't that kind of a hypocrite. That's it to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Max,
Your pov on cloroform is right on the money. Despite all the lame execuses the fact remains that particular comment crossed an easily understandable line between normal banter and a perverted lunatics utterences.

Others: "others have religious bigotry or north south hatred"
one type of danger does not mitigate other types of pervert behaviour. The dangers posed by sexual perverts exists side by side of regional or religious hatreds.

Philosopher: "critics of bittu are jealous."
Jealous of what? Why? By this logic all protesters of delhi gangrape are jealous of ram singh and his gang.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 pm

FluteHolder wrote:

Did you observe that the dialogue involved so much reference to jaathi? There were questions involving whether the hair of high caste women [uyarndha jaathi] lacked natural fragrance ?

That is the problem.

When the Tamil literature refers to high and low caste, how do you expect the society to get rid of caste consciousness?

Last edited by Rishi on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Surely, dictating to women what they should be offended by and who they
should be friends with is also a reflection of the same attitude - that
women are incapable of taking independent decisions and need to be
educated on rights and wrongs.

MD hit the nail right on the head. Bravo, MD! This TS kind of attitude has always been so enraging and irritating.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Is cloroform rape comment an acceptable.form of convrrsation?

May be india changed so much that it may have moved to acceptable convrrsation and according to some may be even acceptable behaviour. If this is the case, please let us know. Max and i have families to raise and may wsnt to visit india.

People confuse the cloroform comment with first amendment, right to choose as adult women, sense of humor etc. Adult women have every right to do whatever they want with their time, money, or their physical selfs. But allowing pervert comments on raping women as some kind of joke is not normal behaviour.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Kinnera,
The right to make a choice and making a right choice are two different things.
Once a choice is made others may question or criticize the choice. Criticism is not
Imposition of other's will. The person who made the choice can defend their choice.

In this particular case the discussion is not limited to your safety. It is about the impact on wider community. Tolerance of such perverted talk could encourage the hidden deviant. He may not have committed any crimr at this time but degeneration is not an overnight phenomena. A future problem could be in the making.

My request is to think of the consequences on wider community and contribute to the self restraint that all of us must exhibit. If in the heat of the argument personal accusations wrre made, we must brush them aside to see what the other side is saying. I will do that. I want the other posters also take a few minutes to introspect.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:14 pm

I agree with TBT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 pm

truthbetold wrote:Kinnera,
Once a choice is made others may question or criticize the choice. Criticism is not
Imposition of other's will. The person who made the choice can defend their choice.

In this particular case the discussion is not limited to your safety. It is about the impact on wider community. Tolerance of such perverted talk could encourage the hidden deviant. He may not have committed any crimr at this time but degeneration is not an overnight phenomena. A future problem could be in the making.

My request is to think of the consequences on wider community and contribute to the self restraint that all of us must exhibit. If in the heat of the argument personal accusations wrre made, we must brush them aside to see what the other side is saying. I will do that. I want the other posters also take a few minutes to introspect.

Yes. Women should have to defend their choices in response to criticism by passersby. Secondly, the burden of a safer society with fewer rapists rests on women's choices. In the interests of the larger community, women should set aside their individual opinion on the matter and instead make the right choice i.e. take offence at Bittu's words and stop being friends with him. The oracle has spoken. EOD.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Kinnera,

Yes. Women should have to defend their choices in response to criticism by passersby. Secondly, the burden of a safer society with fewer rapists rests on women's choices. In the interests of the larger community, women should set aside their individual opinion on the matter and instead make the right choice i.e. take offence at Bittu's words and stop being friends with him. The oracle has spoken. EOD.

Merlot I think this is more about educating Bittu and also encouraging women not to encourage men who express a desire to rape them after making them unconscious using chloroform.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:Merlot I think this is more about educating Bittu and also encouraging women not to encourage men who express a desire to rape them after making them unconscious using chloroform.

Rashmun, from what I can tell, "this" is not working. Bittu, far from getting educated, is poking fun of you. And the women are essentially telling you it's none of your business.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 pm

MD: i find this baffling. who do you think is trying to get the women here to change their opinion? nobody has changed anyone's opinion on sulekha or here on anything since i have been a member. i am merely remarking that people are complaining about a stink in the air, but are not associating it with a mound of feces on the road right in front of their eyes. and in doing so, expressing my surprise.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Merlot I think this is more about educating Bittu and also encouraging women not to encourage men who express a desire to rape them after making them unconscious using chloroform.

Rashmun, from what I can tell, "this" is not working. Bittu, far from getting educated, is poking fun of you. And the women are essentially telling you it's none of your business.

Thank you my Lord.... you saved us by your interpretation to the Dumpkof

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

On the contrary Bittu has mellowed down considerably from his early days on sulekha. So the criticism is definitely working. I have nothing against Bittu and wish him well.

With respect to the women I think there is a division of opinion. For instance Blabberwock agrees completely with my position on Bittu. Other female posters have preferred to remain neutral but their silence cannot be taken as support for Bittu.

It is to be expected that Bittu's female chat buddies will support him. In fact only three female handles (Kinnera, Vidya, and Pravalika) supported Bittu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Ok then. Keep up with your good work.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next