Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Merlot

4 posters

Go down

To Merlot Empty To Merlot

Post by Rishi Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 pm

You have been waging war with TBT and Saamiyaar punching holes in their arguments about many social issues including the harassment and molestation of women in India. You must have some ideas as to how the governments whether state or central can go about managing the social problems.

In other words, what are your ideas for making India a better place for everyone regardless of gender, religion, caste, ethnicity, language and whatever that divides us?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

To Merlot Empty Re: To Merlot

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Rishi wrote:You have been waging war with TBT and Saamiyaar punching holes in their arguments about many social issues including the harassment and molestation of women in India. You must have some ideas as to how the governments whether state or central can go about managing the social problems.

In other words, what are your ideas for making India a better place for everyone regardless of gender, religion, caste, ethnicity, language and whatever that divides us?

hahahhaa... well askeduuu... When I asked him he gave a 3 para rambling chick and egg suggestion-explanation-drawbacks all rolled into one in a long post. When asked to state those 3 ideas in a bullet form, he went into his shell screeching.

Let me see if at least he answers you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Rishi wrote:You have been waging war with TBT and Saamiyaar punching holes in their arguments about many social issues including the harassment and molestation of women in India. You must have some ideas as to how the governments whether state or central can go about managing the social problems.

Oh it's so much easier and entertaining to sink the ignorant, ill-thought-out and overly simplistic rhetoric that some folks spew. When there are complex problems at hand, which are a result of millenia of conditioning and socio-economic deprivations, it's silly to imagine that there is some silver bullet to solve them all instantly.

So yes, when Mahatma Anna and his merry band went on fasts demanding a massive, super-bureaucratic,super-authoritarian Lok Pal with overarching powers to eliminate corruption, and declared their show the second struggle for independence, I hooted with laughter.

And on the matter of rapes, when TBT went all lyrical, hailing the wisdom of the mobs, demanding the resignations of the Delhi police commissioner and Shiela Dikshit and for "policy prescriptions" from the home secy to cut incidence of rape in half, and wrapping these non-ideas in yards of empty rhetoric, I couldn't help but guffaw.

That said, in the matter of justice for rapes, I did make some suggestions elsewhere (which Upps found too complex to understand). Let me now elaborate on that. None of it is rocket science. It won't prevent rapes - nothing will. But it can certainly improve the delivery of justice to rape victims. IMO, there are a few simple things that can be done here and now: sensitizing cops on how to treat a rape victim, enforcing the SC ruling on police jurisdictions, training cops in evidence collection (with audits to enforce process integrity), better staffing and equipment of forensic labs, more courts and more judges, stricter norms for case adjournment, SLAs on case progress through the courts.

As you can see, none of this makes for easy sloganeering. These are all boring procedural matters. One can't trust the mobs to come up with these. Commonsense and knowledge of the problems on the ground is needed to think these through, but buffoons lack both. Hence their empty rhetoric and my jeering.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Oh it's so much easier and entertaining to sink the ignorant, ill-thought-out and overly simplistic rhetoric that some folks spew. When there are complex problems at hand, which are a result of millenia of conditioning and socio-economic deprivations, it's silly to imagine that there is some silver bullet to solve them all instantly.

So yes, when Mahatma Anna and his merry band went on fasts demanding a massive, super-bureaucratic,super-authoritarian Lok Pal with overarching powers to eliminate corruption, and declared their show the second struggle for independence, I hooted with laughter.

And on the matter of rapes, when TBT went all lyrical, hailing the wisdom of the mobs, demanding the resignations of the Delhi police commissioner and Shiela Dikshit and for "policy prescriptions" from the home secy to cut incidence of rape in half, and wrapping these non-ideas in yards of empty rhetoric, I couldn't help but guffaw.

That said, in the matter of justice for rapes, I did make some suggestions elsewhere (which Upps found too complex to understand). Let me now elaborate on that. None of it is rocket science. It won't prevent rapes - nothing will. But it can certainly improve the delivery of justice to rape victims. IMO, there are a few simple things that can be done here and now: sensitizing cops on how to treat a rape victim, enforcing the SC ruling on police jurisdictions, training cops in evidence collection (with audits to enforce process integrity), better staffing and equipment of forensic labs, more courts and more judges, stricter norms for case adjournment, SLAs on case progress through the courts.

As you can see, none of this makes for easy sloganeering. These are all boring procedural matters. One can't trust the mobs to come up with these. Commonsense and knowledge of the problems on the ground is needed to think these through, but buffoons lack both. Hence their empty rhetoric and my jeering.

boring! no slow pulling of nails, public amputations, or disembowelment using garden implements. edit and resubmit. are you a teacher by any chance?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am

lol!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:12 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Woww...what an enlightened person...so straight, honest,unbiased, and very objective....Razz

All of the above that you mentioned have been and are part of the mission and objectives of the police training schools, Judiciary system, and other law enforcement agencies. Do you mean to say all these days they never had any of these?

Don't give us this "Eat well and you will be healthy" routine. Be more specific - something new...

Now, I know where the Indian political world gets its future leaders....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down