Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KV, what is your opinion on this?

4 posters

Go down

KV, what is your opinion on this? Empty KV, what is your opinion on this?

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Most of the Tamil Muslims do not think themselves of as Tamilians at all.

They consider themselves to be Muslims who speak Tamil.

I never heard of any Muslim in TN joining the protest against imposition of Hindi on Tamilians. Nor are they worried about Tamils being discriminated in places like Sri Lanka or Malaysia. They feel closer to Malay Muslims than Tamils in Malaysia.

Also I have never heard of any Muslim in TN having pure Tamil name like Anbazhagan, Nedunchezhian etc.

Do you agree with me that Muslims in TN are not Tamils in the true sense?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

KV, what is your opinion on this? Empty Re: KV, what is your opinion on this?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:46 pm

do you have a tamil name like anbazhagan or nedunchezhian? even your handle here is rishi! are you a tamil in the true sense?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Rishi wrote:Most of the Tamil Muslims do not think themselves of as Tamilians at all.

I never heard of any Muslim in TN joining the protest against imposition of Hindi on Tamilians. Nor are they worried about Tamils being discriminated in places like Sri Lanka or Malaysia. They feel closer to Malay Muslims than Tamils in Malaysia.

Also I have never heard of any Muslim in TN having pure Tamil name like Anbazhagan, Nedunchezhian etc.

>>>>In Islam, the religious identity does seem to trump other identities, but in fairness to KV, why are asking for her view on this? As far as I know, I don't think KV has indicated anything about Muslim solidarity with the Tamil/Eealam cause.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:Most of the Tamil Muslims do not think themselves of as Tamilians at all.

>>>>In Islam, the religious identity does seem to trump other identities,....

that is a commonly held but inaccurate view IMO. this might help:

http://www.indowindow.com/akhbar/article.php?article=132&category=4&issue=19

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>>In Islam, the religious identity does seem to trump other identities,....

that is a commonly held but inaccurate view IMO. this might help:

http://www.indowindow.com/akhbar/article.php?article=132&category=4&issue=19

>>>>Isolated communities may in fact have existed where there was healthy co-existence with other faiths. Indonesia, Malaysia and Kerala would certainly fit this bill historically, but there is a trend afoot now that is reversing this i.e a virulent form of fundamentalism taking hold in Islam. This is what triggers riots in places like Indonesia or Coimbatore, when some slight takes place to the religion in the distant west.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:do you have a tamil name like anbazhagan or nedunchezhian? even your handle here is rishi! are you a tamil in the true sense?

But - like he asked - know ANY MUSLIM who has a non-religious Tamilian name. It is one thing to say Rishi is not a tamilian but an entirely different matterwhen he says none of the muslims is a true tamilian.

MaxEntropy_Man will be written in Tamil as MOx Yendra Beeman.

Mine is the true Tamilian Handle here.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down