Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi

+6
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
goodcitizn
Rishi
Kayalvizhi
truthbetold
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi - Page 2 Empty Re: New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi

Post by Rishi Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Why are we going in circles on this topic for years?

There are more important topics such as race and caste.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi - Page 2 Empty Re: New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:requiring hindi and hiring a hindi teacher in a public (government) school cannot come at the cost of not having the best quality education money can buy in mathematics, the sciences, and basic principles of democracy.  if i have to expend $x/year to hire a hindi teacher and therefore have to settle for a lower quality science or math teacher, i am not going for it. it will be doing students in public schools a disservice. having a high quality education in math, the sciences, civics, tamil, and english are more important to their success than hindi.

you cannot compare the choices made willingly by a person who has the luxury of spending on a hindi class with the basic requirements for education in a government funded school.  i am assuming that we are talking here about expenditure of public funds in public schools. if we are not, then we have nothing to talk about, because nobody as far as i can tell is against voluntary learning of hindi.

with respect to your words which i have highlighted, please consider this:

It is good to know that Hindi is being received better these days in Tamil Nadu (Konjam Hindi, Apr 20). I myself was raised in a staunch anti-Hindi Madras. It was so bad that my Arya Samaj-run school received three bomb threats in seven years because it promoted Hindi. Thanks to my parents, I was forced to choose Hindi and Sanskrit in school. Subsequently, due to my mother’s efforts and my own interest, I learnt to read Tamil as well. The dmk had been propagating the lie that the spread of Hindi would make Tamil extinct. All my fellow South Indians continue to speak their mother tongue with the same ease with which they speak Hindi. Karunanidhi himself, when asked why his grand-nephew was being given so much importance in Delhi, remarked that it was because he had good command over Hindi. So, obviously he has a different yardstick when it comes to his family. It’s high time we started looking beyond petty politics and learned to adapt and embrace other languages and cultures—assimilating them into ours without forsaking ours.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?240235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Rishi wrote:Why are we going in circles on this topic for years?

There are more important topics such as race and caste.

The topic became important because the new Chief Justice of India is a tamilian who has taken a position on this issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Andhra Pradesh is among the bottom five states when it comes to literacy.

http://postnoon.com/2013/05/04/illiteracy-hamstrings-andhra-pradeshs-progress/123530

We'll work on it. don't bother. Teaching them hindi is def'ly not the first priority there.

What about the political leaders of Andhra Pradesh encouraging Telugus to learn Hindi?

----
Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy initiated the concept of propaganda of Hindi language.In order to encourage Telugu people to write scripts that would reflect Telugu language, culture in National Level.
Keeping this in view this great concept, Parliamentary Official Language Vice-Chairman – Ex Parliament Chairman – Andhra University Hindi Department Chairman – Acharya Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad has re-started Andhra Pradesh Hindi Academy. It was inaugurated by Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy.

http://aphindiacademy.org/e-home.html
Why can't the Hindi-speaking politicians extend the same courtesy to south indians by addressing them in a south indian language for a change? My way or the highway is not very decent, is it?

I agree. On the other hand, what do you say to this:

Maha Kavi Bharati Yar?? (Who is Subramanya Bharati?)
December 12th, 2009 · 10 Comments

Tamil Nadu is celebrating the birth day of our Super Star Rajnikanth on 12th December. People were reminded about this “auspicious birth day ” for the last one week. Neither TV channels nor FM stations can neglect such an auspicious day. All the media were busy planning special programs and none of them missed to celebrate this day. It is unfortunate that Bharati was born on 11th December!!! No one remembered his birth day including those who say “Uyir Tamilukku, Udal Mannukku”. You may wonder why I am so concerned about such unknown person.

Subramanya Bharati was a patriotic poet of India born on 11th December 1882 in Ettayapuram of Tamil Nadu. He was fluent in many languages including Telugu, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, Kutchi, French and English and frequently translated works from other languages into Tamil. He fought for the freedom of India along with other Indian leaders.

The politicians of Tamil Nadu have forgotten or not finding any use of Bharati, a great Tamil poet and Indian freedom fighter, worth to celebrate the birth day! For the last seven years, I have not seen a single program on Bharati’s birthday celebration worth remembering in Tamil Nadu.

In contrast, the north Indians from Bihar, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh (may be many more states) had been celebrating the birth day of Subramanya Bharati regularly. I was an office bearer of Tamil Sangam at Rourkela and Ranchi in 1980s and 1990s. We were reminded and supported by those Odia and Hindi speaking governments about Bharati’s birthday and they liberally gave financial support to celebrate this great Tamil Mahakavi and freedom fighter’s birth day. We arranged drama, concert, dance etc based on Subramanya Bharati’s songs and biography. Such program was well attended by top executives of government organizations, district collector, DIG, other local politicians and of course the members of the Tamil Sangam (association). Tamil politicians might have eliminated Hindi language from Tamil Nadu school curriculum but the North Indians still love and celebrate Subramanya Bharati’s birthday. Bharati is remembered as a student of BHU (Benaras Hindu University), as a patriot and a great poet of Tamil, a classical Indian language!!!

Vande Mataram,

Jai Hind.

http://sakthidaran.learningprofessor.info/blog/?p=1353

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Andhra Pradesh is among the bottom five states when it comes to literacy.

http://postnoon.com/2013/05/04/illiteracy-hamstrings-andhra-pradeshs-progress/123530

We'll work on it. don't bother. Teaching them hindi is def'ly not the first priority there.

What about the political leaders of Andhra Pradesh encouraging Telugus to learn Hindi?

----
Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy initiated the concept of propaganda of Hindi language.In order to encourage Telugu people to write scripts that would reflect Telugu language, culture in National Level.
Keeping this in view this great concept, Parliamentary Official Language Vice-Chairman – Ex Parliament Chairman – Andhra University Hindi Department Chairman – Acharya Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad has re-started Andhra Pradesh Hindi Academy. It was inaugurated by Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy.

http://aphindiacademy.org/e-home.html
Why can't the Hindi-speaking politicians extend the same courtesy to south indians by addressing them in a south indian language for a change? My way or the highway is not very decent, is it?

I agree. On the other hand, what do you say to this:

Maha Kavi Bharati Yar?? (Who is Subramanya Bharati?)
December 12th, 2009 · 10 Comments

Tamil Nadu is celebrating the birth day of our Super Star Rajnikanth on 12th December. People were reminded about this “auspicious birth day ” for the last one week. Neither TV channels nor FM stations can neglect such an auspicious day. All the media were busy planning special programs and none of them missed to celebrate this day. It is unfortunate that Bharati was born on 11th December!!! No one remembered his birth day including those who say “Uyir Tamilukku, Udal Mannukku”. You may wonder why I am so concerned about such unknown person.

Subramanya Bharati was a patriotic poet of India born on 11th December 1882 in Ettayapuram of Tamil Nadu. He was fluent in many languages including Telugu, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, Kutchi, French and English and frequently translated works from other languages into Tamil. He fought for the freedom of India along with other Indian leaders.

The politicians of Tamil Nadu have forgotten or not finding any use of Bharati, a great Tamil poet and Indian freedom fighter, worth to celebrate the birth day! For the last seven years, I have not seen a single program on Bharati’s birthday celebration worth remembering in Tamil Nadu.

In contrast, the north Indians from Bihar, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh (may be many more states) had been celebrating the birth day of Subramanya Bharati regularly. I was an office bearer of Tamil Sangam at Rourkela and Ranchi in 1980s and 1990s. We were reminded and supported by those Odia and Hindi speaking governments about Bharati’s birthday and they liberally gave financial support to celebrate this great Tamil Mahakavi and freedom fighter’s birth day. We arranged drama, concert, dance etc based on Subramanya Bharati’s songs and biography. Such program was well attended by top executives of government organizations, district collector, DIG, other local politicians and of course the members of the Tamil Sangam (association). Tamil politicians might have eliminated Hindi language from Tamil Nadu school curriculum but the North Indians still love and celebrate Subramanya Bharati’s birthday. Bharati is remembered as a student of BHU (Benaras Hindu University), as a patriot and a great poet of Tamil, a classical Indian language!!!

Vande Mataram,

Jai Hind.

http://sakthidaran.learningprofessor.info/blog/?p=1353

The way the iconic Subramanya Bharati has been treated in TN should be a matter of shame to all Indians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:10 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Why can't the Hindi-speaking politicians extend the same courtesy to south indians by addressing them in a south indian language for a change? My way or the highway is not very decent, is it?
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav seems to know some Kannada:

MYSORE: Idli, vada and dosa are what the new youth icon of politics Akhilesh Yadav prefers over chicken tikka, aloo parathas and kababs. He'd ordering for them in chaste Kannada at an eatery on the busy Kalidasa road in Mysore during his college days.

Interestingly, Akhilesh, who studied at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, did not forget how to speak Kannada even after going back home. A year ago, when cricketer Javagal Srinath ran into him at a cricket match in Lucknow, Akhilesh reportedly chatted with him in Kannada about college days, SJCE principal B G Sangameshwar, quoting Srinath told TOI.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-07/lucknow/31131239_1_kannada-akhilesh-yadav-politics

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Rashmun wrote:

MYSORE: Idli, vada and dosa are what the new youth icon of politics Akhilesh Yadav prefers over chicken tikka, aloo parathas and kababs. He'd ordering for them in chaste Kannada at an eatery on the busy Kalidasa road in Mysore during his college days.

Interestingly, Akhilesh, who studied at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, did not forget how to speak Kannada even after going back home. A year ago, when cricketer Javagal Srinath ran into him at a cricket match in Lucknow, Akhilesh reportedly chatted with him in Kannada about college days, SJCE principal B G Sangameshwar, quoting Srinath told TOI.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-07/lucknow/31131239_1_kannada-akhilesh-yadav-politics

Isn't this precisely what Max has been saying for years, people will learn the local language if their livelihood depended on it, you just won't shove it through their throats. Akhilesh learned Kannada like many Telugus who studied in Karnataka did, he did not go to college in Karantaka because he learned Kannada.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Isn't this precisely what Max has been saying for years, people will learn the local language if their livelihood depended on it, you just won't shove it through their throats. Akhilesh learned Kannada like many Telugus who studied in Karnataka did, he did not go to college in Karantaka because he learned Kannada.

I am unsure about Akhilesh having learnt Kannada after Akhilesh's statement regretting that he did not learn Kannada while in college:

Mysore: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav regrets not having learnt Kannada while doing his  BE in Environmental Engineering at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) here in the nineties. Addressing  a party function in Channapatna where the Samajwadi Party (SP) won in the recent polls,   Yadav said if he had learnt Kannada it would have been much easier  for him to feel the pulse of the people and build a strong party base. "I didn’t do it and regret it now. The victory of the SP candidate in Channapatna is like a rebirth for the party," he added.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130615/news-current-affairs/article/up%E2%80%88cm-why-did-i-not-learn-kannada

----
With respect to Karnataka, hindi speakers can get by without learning kannada since many if not most people in Karnataka know hindi. For instance:

BANGALORE ~ For the just-concluded Assembly elections in Karnataka, the state saw a steady inflow of ‘outsiders’ in the form of central ministers, chief ministers, former ministers, former chief ministers, regional satraps, opposition leaders and so on. But how did these politicians campaign in a southern state without knowing the local language? They just spoke in whatever language they were comfortable in—Hindi, Telugu, Marathi and English—and curiously it made little difference.
“People in Karnataka are generally multilingual. In any case, as all they talk is politics, usually abusing other parties, their outbursts and pleas are easy to follow,’’ says Sridhar Achar, an organiser for a major party. National politicians also use a clever trick. They start off with one or two words in Kannada and then apologise for not knowing ‘Kannad’. They then switch to either English or Hindi, which “you all understand very well!”

http://www.openthemagazine.com/shorts/smallworld/2013-05-18#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

This....

"Interestingly, Akhilesh, who studied at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering[/b], did not forget how to speak Kannada even after going back home. A year ago, when cricketer Javagal Srinath ran into him at a cricket match in Lucknow, Akhilesh reportedly chatted with him in Kannada about college days, SJCE principal B G Sangameshwar, quoting Srinath told TOI."

Contrasts with this....

"Mysore: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav regrets not having learnt Kannada while doing his  BE in Environmental Engineering at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) here in the nineties. Addressing  a party function in Channapatna where the Samajwadi Party (SP) won in the recent polls,   Yadav said if he had learnt Kannada it would have been much easier  for him to feel the pulse of the people and build a strong party base. "I didn’t do it and regret it now. The victory of the SP candidate in Channapatna is like a rebirth for the party," he added."

Which in turn contrasts with this...

“People in Karnataka are generally multilingual. In any case, as all they talk is politics, usually abusing other parties, their outbursts and pleas are easy to follow,’’ says Sridhar Achar, an organiser for a major party. National politicians also use a clever trick. They start off with one or two words in Kannada and then apologise for not knowing ‘Kannad’. They then switch to either English or Hindi, which “you all understand very well!”

all of which contrast with this from your cut and paste post above:

"and learned to adapt and embrace other languages and cultures—assimilating them into ours without forsaking ours."

how much of the adapting and embracing other languages and cultures done by ppl above the vindyas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:53 pm

nenu wrote: This....

"Interestingly, Akhilesh, who studied at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering[/b], did not forget how to speak Kannada even after going back home. A year ago, when cricketer Javagal Srinath ran into him at a cricket match in Lucknow, Akhilesh reportedly chatted with him in Kannada about college days, SJCE principal B G Sangameshwar, quoting Srinath told TOI."

Contrasts with this....

"Mysore: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav regrets not having learnt Kannada while doing his  BE in Environmental Engineering at the Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) here in the nineties. Addressing  a party function in Channapatna where the Samajwadi Party (SP) won in the recent polls,   Yadav said if he had learnt Kannada it would have been much easier  for him to feel the pulse of the people and build a strong party base. "I didn’t do it and regret it now. The victory of the SP candidate in Channapatna is like a rebirth for the party," he added."

Which in turn contrasts with this...

all of which contrast with this from your cut and paste post above:

"and learned to adapt and embrace other languages and cultures—assimilating them into ours without forsaking ours."

how much of the adapting and embracing other languages and cultures done by ppl above the vindyas?

With respect to Akhilesh Yadav, one explanation is that he knows a little Kannada for the purpose of conversation but not enough Kannada to give political speeches in Kannada. It is a fact that people in Karnataka are multi-lingual and many if not most of them know hindi. That was my experience also, having lived several years in Karnataka and that is also what the article in Open magazine says. The purpose of giving articles is to re-educate you and knock the nonsense out of your head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:

With respect to Akhilesh Yadav, one explanation is that he knows a little Kannada for the purpose of conversation but not enough Kannada to give political speeches in Kannada. It is a fact that people in Karnataka are multi-lingual and many if not most of them know hindi. That was my experience also, having lived several years in Karnataka and that is also what the article in Open magazine says. The purpose of giving articles is to re-educate you and knock the nonsense out of your head.

rofl 

nenu wrote:

You nvr responded to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:18 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

rofl 

nenu wrote:

The fact that modern Hindustani arose in South India in the form of Dakhini and subsequently went on to replace Braja and Awadhi which were the dominant hindi dialects in the hindi heartland is an example of cultural assimilation by north indians. Another example is the Mitakshara which represents Hindu Law and which was first formulated by a South Indian but was accepted all over India (with the exception of Bengal and North-East where another school of Law called Dayabhag prevailed). Another example is the recognition and respect given to Adi Sankaracharya when he went from Kerala to Benaras (Uttar Pradesh) and defeated Mandan Mishra in a philosophical debate. The refree in this debate was a woman called Bharati, Mandan Mishra's wife, who was deemed qualified to adjudicate this debate since she herself was highly educated particularly in philosophy. She ruled in favor of Adi Sankaracharya. North Indians accepted the formulation of Vedanta as given by Adi Sankara and helped popularize his views. They helped him establish four mathas in four corners of India which still exist. Many of Adi Sankara's disciples were north indians. It should be noted that even as Adi Sankara was capturing the North Indian imagination, in his own native state of Kerala his philosophy of Vedanta had few takers since most of the hindu philosophers of Kerala preferred the Mimansa (also known as Purva Mimansa) philosophy. I have personally spoken to north indian sanskrit scholars who have marveled at the lucidity of the sanskrit prose of Adi Sankara (in his commentary to the Brahma Sutra, the Upanisads, the Gita, etc.). Similarly, there exist north indians who claim allegiance to the Vaisnava sampradayas (sects) of Ramanuja, Madhvachara, Vallabha, etc. who were all southerners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
nenu wrote:

The fact that modern Hindustani arose in South India in the form of Dakhini and subsequently went on to replace Braja and Awadhi which were the dominant hindi dialects in the hindi heartland is an example of cultural assimilation by north indians. Another example is the Mitakshara which represents Hindu Law and which was first formulated by a South Indian but was accepted all over India (with the exception of Bengal and North-East where another school of Law called Dayabhag prevailed). Another example is the recognition and respect given to Adi Sankaracharya when he went from Kerala to Benaras (Uttar Pradesh) and defeated Mandan Mishra in a philosophical debate. The refree in this debate was a woman called Bharati, Mandan Mishra's wife, who was deemed qualified to adjudicate this debate since she herself was highly educated particularly in philosophy. She ruled in favor of Adi Sankaracharya. North Indians accepted the formulation of Vedanta as given by Adi Sankara and helped popularize his views. They helped him establish four mathas in four corners of India which still exist. Many of Adi Sankara's disciples were north indians. It should be noted that even as Adi Sankara was capturing the North Indian imagination, in his own native state of Kerala his philosophy of Vedanta had few takers since most of the hindu philosophers of Kerala preferred the Mimansa (also known as Purva Mimansa) philosophy. I have personally spoken to north indian sanskrit scholars who have marveled at the lucidity of the sanskrit prose of Adi Sankara (in his commentary to the Brahma Sutra, the Upanisads, the Gita, etc.). Similarly, there exist north indians who claim allegiance to the Vaisnava sampradayas (sects) of Ramanuja, Madhvachara, Vallabha, etc. who were all southerners.

You are talking gibberish because you don't have the right answer. Don't bring in the Dakhini crap and cock and bull stories of Adi Sankara from 1500 yrs ago. Talk about the current times, the current languages and the current culture. I will ask the question again:

how much of the adapting and embracing other languages and cultures is done by ppl above the vindyas?

Last edited by nenu on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:

With respect to Akhilesh Yadav, one POSSIBLE explanation is[b] that he knows a little Kannada for the purpose of conversation but not enough Kannada to give political speeches in Kannada. It is a fact that people in Karnataka are multi-lingual and many if not most of them know hindi. That was my experience also, having lived several years in Karnataka and that is also what the article in Open magazine says. The purpose of giving articles is to re-educate you and knock the nonsense out of your head.

When will you declare it as an "established fact?"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:35 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
nenu wrote:

You are talking gibberish because you don't have the right answer. Don't bring in the Dakhini crap and cock and bull stories of Adi Sankara from 1500 yrs ago. Talk about the current times, the current languages and the current culture. I will ask the question again:

how much of the adapting and embracing other languages and cultures is done by ppl above the vindyas?

I just gave you examples of adaptation and embracing other languages and cultures done by people above the vendhyas. Adi Sankara was around in circa 8th century AD, but Ramanuja and Madhva were around much later. At any rate i have given you the examples you were asking. Also, why the silence on Mitakshara? North Indians accepted and embraced Mitakshara (Hindu Law) even though it was formulated by a South Indian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

With respect to Akhilesh Yadav, one POSSIBLE explanation is that he knows a little Kannada for the purpose of conversation but not enough Kannada to give political speeches in Kannada. It is a fact that people in Karnataka are multi-lingual and many if not most of them know hindi. That was my experience also, having lived several years in Karnataka and that is also what the article in Open magazine says. The purpose of giving articles is to re-educate you and knock the nonsense out of your head.

When will you declare it as an "established fact?"

After Akhilesh himself clarifies that this is in fact the correct explanation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
nenu wrote:

I just gave you examples of adaptation and embracing other languages and cultures done by people above the vendhyas. Adi Sankara was around in circa 8th century AD, but Ramanuja and Madhva were around much later. At any rate i have given you the examples you were asking. Also, why the silence on Mitakshara? North Indians accepted and embraced Mitakshara (Hindu Law) even though it was formulated by a South Indian.

In this thread alone, i posted about the celebrations in North India on the birth anniversary of the great tamil poet Subramanya Bharati. Is this not an example of cultural assimilation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:52 pm

[quote="Rashmun"]
nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
nenu wrote:

Do you have comprehension problems or are you pretending not to understand because you have been cornered? Let me reapeat:

You are talking gibberish because you don't have the right answer. Don't bring in the Dakhini crap and cock and bull stories of Adi Sankara from 1500 yrs ago. Talk about the current times, the current languages and the current culture. . btw, the very few north indians who heard of subramania bharati know him as someone who advocated the learning of hindi. Celebrating his birthday != assimilating the south indian culture. How many of you guys know (speak and understand, if not read and write) a south indian language? know abt the history and geography of south india ("is hyderabad in madras?" "what language do people in bangalore speak?", "Madras is not a state?" "bangalore is in keral?"...all from educated ppl). Learn to say Kannada, Kerala, Telugu for a starter. Do that first and then start giving lectures about southies learning hindi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:57 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:

Do you have comprehension problems or are you pretending not to understand because you have been cornered? Let me reapeat:

You are talking gibberish because you don't have the right answer. Don't bring in the Dakhini crap and cock and bull stories of Adi Sankara from 1500 yrs ago. Talk about the current times, the current languages and the current culture. . btw, the very few north indians who heard of subramania bharati know him as someone who advocated the learning of hindi. Celebrating his birthday != assimilating the south indian culture. How many of you  guys know (speak and understand, if not read and write) a south indian language? know abt the history and geography of south india ("is hyderabad in madras?" "what language do people in bangalore speak?", "Madras is not a state?" "bangalore is in keral?"...all from educated ppl). Learn to say Kannada, Kerala, Telugu for a starter. Do that first and then start giving lectures about southies learning hindi.  

With respect to Subramanya Bharati, the celebrations of his birth anniversary in North India are accompanied by re-enacting his poems, plays, etc. Did Bharati write any poems or plays in Hindi? Not to my knowledge. Is Bharati's birth anniversary celebrated with similar enthusiasm in Andhra Pradesh? Not to my knowledge. Should telugus and tamils emulate north indians and start celebrating the iconic Subramanya Bharati's birthday by re-enacting his plays, poems, songs, etc.? YES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Also, language is only one feature of a culture. There are other aspects to culture. For instance food. The fact that the Outlook magazine, after an extensive survey all across India, declared the Masala Dosa to be the National Dish of India was clearly only possible because of cultural assimilation by North Indians in culinary matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:

With respect to Subramanya Bharati, the celebrations of his birth anniversary in North India are accompanied by re-enacting his poems, plays, etc. Did Bharati write any poems or plays in Hindi? Not to my knowledge. Is Bharati's birth anniversary celebrated with similar enthusiasm in Andhra Pradesh? Not to my knowledge. Should telugus and tamils emulate north indians and start celebrating the iconic Subramanya Bharati's birthday by re-enacting his plays, poems, songs, etc.? YES.  

I gave you a reason for you guys to like subramania bharati and ONLY subramania bharati. It's pretty obvious. How much do you guys know about other telugu, tamil, kannada or malayali poets, novelists and their works? How much do you know about Annamacharya, for example?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:09 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I gave you a reason for you guys to like subramania bharati and ONLY subramania bharati. It's pretty obvious. How much do you guys know about other telugu, tamil, kannada or malayali poets, novelists and their works? How much do you know about Annamacharya, for example?

I don't know about Annamacharya, but i do know about the great telugu poet Vemana. In fact i have posted Vemana's writings in the past on Sulekha. Now your turn. Are you familiar with the writings of the great hindi poets Rahim and Raskhan who both wrote religious poetry eulogising Lord Krishna even though they were both muslims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Rashmun wrote:Also, language is only one feature of a culture. There are other aspects to culture. For instance food. The fact that the Outlook magazine, after an extensive survey all across India, declared the Masala Dosa to be the National Dish of India was clearly only possible because of cultural assimilation by North Indians in culinary matters.

I eat pizza. So yeah, i've assimilated very well into the italian culture. Americans eat tons of pizza every day. So yeah, they all have assimilated very well into the italian culture. DUH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Also, language is only one feature of a culture. There are other aspects to culture. For instance food. The fact that the Outlook magazine, after an extensive survey all across India, declared the Masala Dosa to be the National Dish of India was clearly only possible because of cultural assimilation by North Indians in culinary matters.

I eat pizza. So yeah, i've assimilated very well into the italian culture. Americans eat tons of pizza every day. So yeah, they all have assimilated very well into the italian culture. DUH!

The survey declared the Masala Dosa to be the National Dish of India. DUH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:

Do you have any stuff in the pot above you neck?

I'm outta here. I have better things to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:

Do you have any stuff in the pot above you neck?

I'm outta here. I have better things to do.

Just as there is language fanaticism, there is also food fanaticism. Both relate to culture. You seem to be familiar with one kind of fanaticism, but ignorant about the other.

---
Italian City Bans Foreign Food

Until a short time ago , Italians mostly ate Italian food , but in the past decade more and more immigrants have been coming into the country and with them their food. Now Italians are fighting back.

The Tuscan town of Lucca does not want any kebab shops and Chinese restaurants in their historic city any more. Lucca, about  60 km from Florence, has declared that it wants to preserve its food tradition. Therefore,  no more foreign food shops are allowed.

A debate is going on between town leaders and the population. Is it possible to forbid other cultures in our era of globalization? Italy's agriculture minister supports the ban. He says that it is important to preserve Italian culture and tradition.

Others are ashamed of  what has happened. Critics of the new law say that a lot of typically  Italian food does not originate in Italy but comes from other regions: tomatoes from South America or pasta from China.

The issue is also influenced by the politicians of the region. In northern Italy the right wing  Northern League is very strong. It is against foreigners and foreign culture in Italy.

Italians are also afraid that products from other countries are being sold as Italian. Cheap restaurants buy low  quality olive oil from Greece or Turkey . Truffles that are are imported from  China are often passed on as Italian truffles from the northern part of the country.

On the other side the agriculture minister has told his fellow citizens that they should not eat their loved pineapples, but instead turn to panetone, a type of sponge cake.

http://www.english-online.at/culture/italy-foreign-food-ban/italian-city-bans-foreign-food.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:

It is good to know that Hindi is being received better these days in Tamil Nadu (Konjam Hindi, Apr 20). I myself was raised in a staunch anti-Hindi Madras. It was so bad that my Arya Samaj-run school received three bomb threats in seven years because it promoted Hindi. Thanks to my parents, I was forced to choose Hindi and Sanskrit in school. Subsequently, due to my mother’s efforts and my own interest, I learnt to read Tamil as well. The dmk had been propagating the lie that the spread of Hindi would make Tamil extinct. All my fellow South Indians continue to speak their mother tongue with the same ease with which they speak Hindi. Karunanidhi himself, when asked why his grand-nephew was being given so much importance in Delhi, remarked that it was because he had good command over Hindi. So, obviously he has a different yardstick when it comes to his family. It’s high time we started looking beyond petty politics and learned to adapt and embrace other languages and cultures—assimilating them into ours without forsaking ours.

irrelevant garbage deleted.

my comments had to do with expenditure of public funds in public schools, basically setting an educational curriculum in public schools. i have no interest (in this thread) in the behavior of private individuals and how they choose to spend their hard-earned (or maybe not so hard-earned) money in private schools. they can learn hindi, swahili, or chamicuro for all i care.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

irrelevant garbage deleted.

my comments had to do with expenditure of public funds in public schools, basically setting an educational curriculum in public schools. i have no interest (in this thread) in the behavior of private individuals and how they choose to spend their hard-earned (or maybe not so hard-earned) money in private schools. they can learn hindi, swahili, or chamicuro for all i care.

should private schools in TN which are offering hindi to their students have to be subjected to bomb threats (refer to the underlined sentence in the words you struck out).

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:

should private schools in TN which are offering hindi to their students have to be subjected to bomb threats (refer to the underlined sentence in the words you struck out).

it's not relevant to my point, but no. nobody should be subjected to bomb threats.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

it's not relevant to my point, but no. nobody should be subjected to bomb threats.

it is relevant because you had written  "nobody as far as i can tell is against voluntary learning of hindi". My post had been a response to this statement of yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

it is relevant because you had written  "nobody as far as i can tell is against voluntary learning of hindi". My post had been a response to this statement of yours.

So when did these bomb threats happen? 1965?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:17 pm

nenu wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

didn't you say in your earlier post that you were quitting this thread? What happened?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 pm

rashmun is a rebel without a cause, the funniest and most pathetic kind of rebel.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 pm

U
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:

didn't you say in your earlier post that you were quitting this thread? What happened?

Ya. So when did the bomb threats happen again? 1965, before any of us was even born? Such a thing is even inconceivable during the current times. So yeah, talk abt the present day scenario, not something that happened almost 50 yrs ago, during/pre independence times,  in the 8th century AD and all. 

Anyway, gn! I'm off to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:46 pm

nenu wrote:U
Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:

Ya. So when did the bomb threats happen again? 1965, before any of us was even born? Such a thing is even inconceivable during the current times. So yeah, talk abt the present day scenario, not something that happened almost 50 yrs ago, during/pre independence times,  in the 8th century AD and all. 

Anyway, gn! I'm off to sleep.

The person who wrote about the bomb threats to his school where hindi was taught has not specified the date. So we don't really know. Anyways, good to see you back on this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:48 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:rashmun is a rebel without a cause, the funniest and most pathetic kind of rebel.

now that you have been shown the true ugly face of tamil fanaticism (giving bomb threats to schools in TN teaching hindi) it is natural for you to become perturbed given your strong commitment to individual freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:07 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Justice-Sathasivam-to-take-over-as-new-CJI-on-July-19/articleshow/20837837.cms

He wants Tamils to learn Hindi:
http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/30/stories/2009063054900500.htm

Hmm... Looks like Sadasivam is living in the 1960's. India has changed. We have progressive and BIMARU states. He should advocate to youngsters to learn the language and culture of the progressive regions, not of Moghul-worshipping, self-deprecating, pan-chewing, fukuler and stagnant BIMARU ways. Hindi had its chance but BIMARUs squandered it away. In fact, there is enough evidence that the efforts to give Hindi the extra importance in the country (it is akin to the reservations system) has resulted in fostering BIMARU in the Northern belt while other states progressed with time. I am sure, sensible youngsters identify BIMARU with Hindi-philia and reject it. The English accent of BIMARUs is no longer funny, it is actually indicative of backwardness fostered by Hindi mania. Uppili is right. Sadasivam will enjoy his short stint and disappear from the scene.

Why is former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu learning hindi and giving speeches in hindi?

He goes through two Hindi newspapers every day and even has teachers to help him pick up the language. Now that N Chandrababu Naidu is looking for a larger role in national politics, the former Andhra Pradesh chief minister is dead serious about learning Hindi....He is learning Hindi from a journalist as well as a teacher and is also taking help from his wife N. Bhuvaneshwari, an entrepreneur who has good command over the language.

Naidu, who had learnt the Hindi alphabet in school, goes through both the Hindi dailies published from Hyderabad every day. "He makes it a point to go through the headlines, if not the entire text," said a source....After forming the UNPA with the Samajwadi Party and other parties last year, Naidu realised the importance of Hindi for communicating not just with other UNPA leaders but also with the people at large.

As the UNPA is addressing a series of meetings on farmers' issues in different parts of the country, Naidu is delivering his speeches in Hindi.

When such public rallies were held in the Uttar Pradesh towns of Etawah in February and Azamgarh last month, he delivered the speeches in fluent Hindi much to the surprise of his UNPA allies and the public.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/India/Look-who-s-learning-Hindi-Chandrababu/Article1-302322.aspx

You are missing the point. Hindi is no longer the nationally important issue; development is. Progressive youngsters across India will view Mulayam's and Akhilesh's Hindi mania the same way they view monomaniacs' insistence on the importance of the 7th century book and sharia in progressive democracies. Mullah Mulayam and son are better off to devote time to making UP the most developed state. If that really happens, SIs and everyone else will learn Hindi and even speak English with a UP accent!

Re: CBN - he is no longer the politician he used to be. He is better off to retire.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 am

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Why can't the Hindi-speaking politicians extend the same courtesy to south indians by addressing them in a south indian language for a change? My way or the highway is not very decent, is it?
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav seems to know some Kannada:

I am glad that at least one Hindi politician did learn some Kannada. When do you plan to learn Tamil?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:24 am

Rashmun wrote:

other than the comment in this article, i could not find any reference to bomb threats in schools resulting from the teaching of hindi. i know the school he is referring to well -- i have cousins who attended it and a close relative who taught english there. i can talk to them and find out the truth. more likely this guy has his own axe to grind and has fabricated this.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

other than the comment in this article, i could not find any reference to bomb threats in schools resulting from the teaching of hindi. i know the school he is referring to well -- i have cousins who attended it and a close relative who taught english there. i can talk to them and find out the truth. more likely this guy has his own axe to grind and has fabricated this.

Please ask your relatives whenever you next talk to them and let us know what they say. thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:35 am

btw this cartoon drawn by RK Laxman at the time of the anti-hindi movement tells its own story.

New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi - Page 2 TH09_ANTI_HINDI_CA_1107915g

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:46 am

yes it does tell a story -- the story of a cartoonist who completely missed the point about an important news story of the time. but he got one thing right -- rajagopalachari's bewilderment at the anger that he failed to anticipate. thanks for posting. btw, the modern spin on the agitations is that this was mostly kazhagam driven. unfortunately for the spin doctors, people who participated in those agitations are still alive to tell the truth. my own father who came from a moderately traditional brahmin family is living proof. his malayali anatomy professor in med school, a highly respected teacher, announced that he was canceling classes for the week because he wanted his students to join the agitations.  my father willingly participated in the agitations. and he was no kazhagamist.  the ill will that rajagopalachari and the central govt generated was broad based and cut across economic and class lines.

i never had much respect for laxman. he always shied away from difficult subjects. he was good friends with bal thackeray and never once drew a cartoon criticizing him during all of thackeray's anti-tamilian tirades of the seventies. this cartoon only solidifies my opinion of him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:53 am

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/the-cartoonist-and-the-campaigner/article4105880.ece

Through the 1980s and 1990s, when the Sena’s fanaticism peaked, Mr. Laxman’s cartoons never targeted it, Ms. Laxman said. “He kept quiet. …And Balasaheb appreciated it.”

“He registered his protest in silence. He didn’t understand the need for violence, though. He used to say, is he mad? Why does he need to do this? But they never talked about it, as far as I know. Maybe, his way of expressing was not to express at all. But Laxman forgives people.”
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/the-cartoonist-and-the-campaigner/article4105880.ece

Through the 1980s and 1990s, when the Sena’s fanaticism peaked, Mr. Laxman’s cartoons never targeted it, Ms. Laxman said. “He kept quiet. …And Balasaheb appreciated it.”

“He registered his protest in silence. He didn’t understand the need for violence, though. He used to say, is he mad? Why does he need to do this? But they never talked about it, as far as I know. Maybe, his way of expressing was not to express at all. But Laxman forgives people.”

Laxman's reluctance to target Thackeray can be explained by taking into account the fact that he was a personal friend of Thackeray. One of the last people Thackeray spoke with before he died was Laxman.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:58 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/the-cartoonist-and-the-campaigner/article4105880.ece

Laxman's reluctance to target Thackeray can be explained by taking into account the fact that he was a personal friend of Thackeray. One of the last people Thackeray spoke with before he died was Laxman.

you don't have to explain the obvious. the character of an individual shines when he has to do the difficult thing -- criticize a close personal friend, turn in a son or a brother who has committed murder etc. and laxman comes up short in my estimation.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 am

Rashmun wrote:btw this cartoon drawn by RK Laxman at the time of the anti-hindi movement tells its own story.

New Chief Justice of India is a Tamilian who wants Tamils to learn Hindi - Page 2 TH09_ANTI_HINDI_CA_1107915g

Here is excerpt from
http://www.tamiltribune.com/12/0901.html

I read the textbook online from the NCERT website. The textbook is "Politics in India since Independence", Textbook in political science for Class XII, First Edition, 2007. In my opinion the whole discussion of the anti-Hindi agitation there (both text and cartoon) is distorted and disparaging of the agitation. The cartoon appears in page 153, in the subsection "Dravidian movement" (pages 152-153). There is also photograph of the 1965 student march against Hindi imposition; it is captioned "Anti-Hindi Agitation in Tamil Nadu, 1965"; we have no objection to the photograph or caption. The cartoon, photograph and the text in that section do not tell the complete and true history of the 1965 agitation. There is no mention of shootings by security forces, the number of shooting deaths or self-immolation of Tamil youths. It shows the students on a rampage throwing stones and destroying things without a word about the far more serious shooting deaths.

There were dozens of cartoons published during that time. Why choose this cartoon depicting Tamil Nadu students and the agitation as a whole in a biased bad light? If the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is fair, it should have included one more cartoon showing security forces shooting at students and dead bodies (or a dead body) on the ground. At least the shootings and resulting deaths could have been mentioned in the text. That may balance the picture. Also there is no mention of the ultimate sacrifice seven young Tamil men made by pouring petrol (gasoline) over themselves and burning themselves to death to show their opposition to Hindi imposition. This is a unique protest, first time ever in India and only the second time in the world, as of that time. In our opinion, this is a deliberate act of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to show the 1965 Tamil Nadu Students Anti-Hindi Imposition Agitation in bad light. Generations of students using NCERT textbooks may grow up not knowing the whole truth.

Last edited by Kayalvizhi on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:45 am

<< the ill will that rajagopalachari and the central govt generated was broad based and cut across economic and class lines.

Just want to point out that Rajagopalachari opposed Hindi imposition in 1965, although he was the architect of Hindi imposition in Madras province in 1938.

Baktavatsalam was the chief minister in 1965

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:btw this cartoon drawn by RK Laxman at the time of the anti-hindi movement tells its own story.

Here is excerpt from
http://www.tamiltribune.com/12/0901.html

I read the textbook online from the NCERT website. The textbook is "Politics in India since Independence", Textbook in political science for Class XII, First Edition, 2007. In my opinion the whole discussion of the anti-Hindi agitation there (both text and cartoon) is distorted and disparaging of the agitation. The cartoon appears in page 153, in the subsection "Dravidian movement" (pages 152-153). There is also photograph of the 1965 student march against Hindi imposition; it is captioned "Anti-Hindi Agitation in Tamil Nadu, 1965"; we have no objection to the photograph or caption. The cartoon, photograph and the text in that section do not tell the complete and true history of the 1965 agitation. There is no mention of shootings by security forces, the number of shooting deaths or self-immolation of Tamil youths. It shows the students on a rampage throwing stones and destroying things without a word about the far more serious shooting deaths.

There were dozens of cartoons published during that time. Why choose this cartoon depicting Tamil Nadu students and the agitation as a whole in a biased bad light? If the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is fair, it should have included one more cartoon showing security forces shooting at students and dead bodies (or a dead body) on the ground. At least the shootings and resulting deaths could have been mentioned in the text. That may balance the picture. Also there is no mention of the ultimate sacrifice seven young Tamil men made by pouring petrol (gasoline) over themselves and burning themselves to death to show their opposition to Hindi imposition. This is a unique protest, first time ever in India and only the second time in the world, as of that time. In our opinion, this is a deliberate act of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to show the 1965 Tamil Nadu Students Anti-Hindi Imposition Agitation in bad light. Generations of students using NCERT textbooks may grow up not knowing the whole truth.

One example has already been pointed out by Vaiko and the MDMK and DMK: A cartoon supposedly ridiculing the anti-Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu, deemed to be insensitive from the point of view of Tamil pride. In this case too, a reading of the chapter in which this cartoon is located will demonstrate that the anti-Hindi agitation has been seriously discussed in the context of Periyar and his politics. But who cares to read the textbooks themselves? A section in Rajasthan has expressed its hurt over the inadequate representation of Rana Pratap and would possibly use this opportunity to petition the committee with its own set of complaints. The right wing Hindu educational machine is in motion round the clock, scrutinising the textbooks and curriculum to find sensitive spots. Ask the NCERT, which has to deal with continuous petitions from this section.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/article3512485.ece

Should you trust an article published in The Hindu or an article in Tamil Tribune? You decide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:<< the ill will that rajagopalachari and the central govt generated was broad based and cut across economic and class lines.

Just want to point out that Rajagopalachari opposed Hindi imposition in 1965, although he was the architect of Hindi imposition in Madras province in 1938.

Baktavatsalam was the chief minister in 1965

Hey Trollus Fishyeyeus, you forgot your trademark typos!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Hats off to the Bengalis for loving their language but also recognizing the importance of Hindi.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2654999.stm
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next