Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning

+6
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
truthbetold
goodcitizn
southindian
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning Empty Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning

Post by southindian Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:23 am

His final test is starting tomorrow and thanks to Indians infulence in world today, the world is coming together to acknowledge Sachin's last appearance on the cricket field.

NPR did a 5 minute synopsis on Sachin, his career and his retirement during the morning commute today. I was thinking what makes Sachin different apart from the 100 hundreds that he has scored? Humility, may be. The hundred hundreds can be easily achieved in the busy schedule cricketers have, but none from the current crop of cricketers are more down to earth as Sachin. It's tough to be successful and humble.

I'll be watching Sachin's farewell appearance and not watch cricket this one time.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning Empty Re: Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Yes, Sachin has been a great role model for young cricketers in his hard work and humility. Only wish Laxman and Dravid had received similar media strobe lights when they retired.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning Empty Re: Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning

Post by southindian Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Rahul Dravid is the next cricketer I respect along with Sachin and when Sachin retires after Mumbai test, I'll probably watch businessmen performing in cricket grounds for India's win/loss.

With Sachin Paaji, a part of me will be gone too 

I'll be watching the 2nd test tonight and sure the stands will be colourful with messages from Sachin loving fans.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 am

southindian wrote:Rahul Dravid is the next cricketer I respect along with Sachin and when Sachin retires after Mumbai test, I'll probably watch businessmen performing in cricket grounds for India's win/loss.

With Sachin Paaji, a part of me will be gone too 

I'll be watching the 2nd test tonight and sure the stands will be colourful with messages from Sachin loving fans.
Great festive mood at the Mumbai test and while cricket is played, almost everyone is remembering Sachin's contribution to cricket. 

The broadcast is pulling up videos of Sachin's memorable innings starting from his debut so a treat to watch the match no matter what's going in the middle. Amir Khan did the commentary and said he's going to wear his lucky T-Shirt all days of this test. Players are visting this Mumbai test and Clive Lloyd, Shane Warne, Wasim Akram are already there. Brian Lara came in later and many more to join.

Sachin Tendular is soaking in and enjoying his last game along with all the fans in the Stadium.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am

I watched sachin this morning. he is still a treat to watch. excellent technique and a good cricketing mind.
he should have made his exit against the best(sa) in sa against the best bower in the world (steyn).
it is not fun to see India win against an unprepared wi.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Sachin Tendulkar
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:16 pm

i am going to be glued to the tv set tomorrow morning. luckily tomorrow is a holiday (even if it weren't i'd have take the day off, haha). that reminds me HAPPY MUHARRAM to all the sikilar, fukular, piss people. hope he scores a ton and turns bradman's exit record upside down. haleem and naan for everyone if he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:i am going to be glued to the tv set tomorrow morning. luckily tomorrow is a holiday (even if it weren't i'd have take the day off, haha). that reminds me HAPPY MUHARRAM to all the sikilar, fukular, piss people. hope he scores a ton and turns bradman's exit record upside down. haleem and naan for everyone if he does.
Are the sikilar, fukular, piss people Shias?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:42 pm

"He's not just a cricketer. For me he's an ideal son, an ideal friend. The biggest thing about him is his humility," said fan Himanshu Kapadia, queuing for entry to the stadium with his two sons.

I'm lucky to be watching Sachin Tendulkar's last on-field appearance as a player. Success and Humility is tough to go together in humans.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:03 pm

I got up early to watch India bat. I was pleasantly surprised to see Sachin bat on the first day. It seemed almost like Dhawan and Murali Vijay threw their wickets back to back to accommodate him. Hope Pujara continues beyond the 80 run partnership with Sachin tomorrow. Can't wait. A ton by Sachin would be icing on the cake.

A commemorative stamp released by India to honor his contribution was something very special indeed.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:49 pm

goodcitizn wrote: It seemed almost like Dhawan and Murali Vijay threw their wickets back to back to accommodate him.
i was traveling and busy and did not have the time to check in yesterday. however, the thought did occur to me that the openers might leave early on purpose. i hope they didn't. if they did, then this leaves a poor taste.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:54 pm

nobody is begrudging tendulkar his due. it's the disproportionate oxygen he consumes that is troubling. i think by far kumble's impact on india's test fortunes has been greater than any of the batsmen he played with, but nobody made such a fuss when he hung up his shoes.

at the height of their glory, in australia waugh, ponting, warne, and mcgrath got equal newspaper columns, radio and television chatter and adoration by fans. indian cricket fans are obsessed with one guy.

did you see any articles on cricinfo that screamed "the bangalore that made kumble" or "delirious chinnaswamy stadium chants his every move" on the eve of jumbo's retirement?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:nobody is begrudging tendulkar his due. it's the disproportionate oxygen he consumes that is troubling. i think by far kumble's impact on india's test fortunes has been greater than any of the batsmen he played with, but nobody made such a fuss when he hung up his shoes.

at the height of their glory, in australia waugh, ponting, warne, and mcgrath got equal newspaper columns, radio and television chatter and adoration by fans. indian cricket fans are obsessed with one guy.

did you see any articles on cricinfo that screamed "the bangalore that made kumble" or "delirious chinnaswamy stadium chants his every move" on the eve of jumbo's retirement?
Yes, the media frenzy coupled with Mumbai madness was a sight to see. Every other placard or t-shirt seemed to call him God. But Sachin seemed to ignore all the hoopla and focus on the match. Certainly his humility does come through. It was nice to see Dravid visit with the commentators to graciously share such kind and complimentary words about Tendulkar. At the end it seemed like Dravid was the role model after which the term "Class Act" was fashioned.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote: It seemed almost like Dhawan and Murali Vijay threw their wickets back to back to accommodate him.
i was traveling and busy and did not have the time to check in yesterday. however, the thought did occur to me that the openers might leave early on purpose. i hope they didn't. if they did, then this leaves a poor taste.  
I doubt that they intentionally threw their wickets away. However it was in very bad taste for the people in the stadium to keep chanting "We Want Sachin" when these guys were batting, particularly several times when Dhawan got out. Actually the crowd cheered when Vijay fell and kept shouting for Sachin even when Vijay was asked to wait by the umpire till they reviewed the tape to be sure it was not a no ball. I have never seen anything like that ever.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:05 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
I doubt that they intentionally threw their wickets away. However it was in very bad taste for the people in the stadium to keep chanting "We Want Sachin" when these guys were batting, particularly several times when Dhawan got out. Actually the crowd cheered when Vijay fell and kept shouting for Sachin even when Vijay was asked to wait by the umpire till they reviewed the tape to be sure it was not a no ball. I have never seen anything like that ever.
this is why i have a deep hatred of the average indian cricket fan.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Sachin was again on NPR during the evening commute today and cricket lovers know that the world is standing up to take note of Sachin's retirement from active cricket.

While Mathew Hayden played cricket, I'd be sick to see him bat due to his ruthlessness and assault for all types of bowlers.

Hayden once said, "I have seen God, who bats at number four". People who understand and love cricket know how difficult it is to sustain class for 24 years. Sachin had hit 11 centuries when Rahul Dravid started playing for India and between the two, I would have put my money on Dravid.

Rahul Dravid is a legend, but Sachin is God and Hayden knows this.

I don't think people in Mumbai stadium, class cricketers and class cricket followers are there to watch cricket. They are there to watch Sachin and for once cricket WILL take the back seat.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:31 pm

southindian wrote:Sachin was again on NPR during the evening commute today and cricket lovers know that the world is standing up to take note of Sachin's retirement from active cricket.

While Mathew Hayden played cricket, I'd be sick to see him bat due to his ruthlessness and assault for all types of bowlers.

Hayden once said, "I have seen God, who bats at number four". People who understand and love cricket know how difficult it is to sustain class for 24 years. Sachin had hit 11 centuries when Rahul Dravid started playing for India and between the two, I would have put my money on Dravid.

I don't think people in Mumbai stadium, class cricketers and class cricket followers are there to watch cricket. They are there to watch Sachin and for once cricket WILL take the back seat.
Lets' hope GOD shares a bit of fortune he amassed to Mumbai slum dwellers (which I highly doubt given his track record of finding ways to avoid tax) otherwise his is an excellent cricketer but no GOD, just another greedy person in the mold of greedy politicians.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 pm

in a sense i am glad that this circus will be over soon and we can get back to serious cricket. it will be good to have a team in which nobody has an outsized presence and current performance counts rather than reputation.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:Sachin was again on NPR during the evening commute today and cricket lovers know that the world is standing up to take note of Sachin's retirement from active cricket.

Lets' hope GOD shares a bit of fortune he amassed to Mumbai slum dwellers (which I highly doubt given his track record of finding ways to avoid tax) otherwise his is an excellent cricketer but no GOD, just another greedy person in the mold of greedy politicians.
Why?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 pm

southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why?
What's the point of referring someone who is past his prime for almost a decade as GOD repeatedly. He aint no cricketing GOD since '04 which leaves us with only one other choice.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

The tax amount he evaded on that gifted Ferrari could build a whole new colony for the slum dwellers.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why?
What's the point of referring someone who is past his prime for almost a decade as GOD repeatedly. He aint no cricketing GOD since '04 which leaves us with only one other choice.
Live and Learn Dude

Sachin Tendulkar (especially click from 2007 to 2011)

Live and Learn....
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:03 pm

southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why?
Live and Learn Dude

Live and Learn....
What are those, ODI stats? hasn't he retired from ODIs for over a year now?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:14 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Lets' hope GOD shares a bit of fortune he amassed to Mumbai slum dwellers (which I highly doubt given his track record of finding ways to avoid tax) otherwise his is an excellent cricketer but no GOD, just another greedy person in the mold of greedy politicians.
Why?
Live and Learn Dude

Live and Learn....
What are those, ODI stats? hasn't he retired from ODIs for over a year now?
OOPS... then the info for 2013 would be for tests. Right?

Actually the stats are for both tests and one-days.

I hope you are not disappointed to see him score since 2007.

Enjoy Sachin's last few days on the cricket field and hope you watch him (on willow) one last time.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why?
Pliss to remember he will be campaigning for CONmen.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why?
Pliss to remember he will be campaigning for CONmen.
Really! then I'm taking all I said earlier back.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 pm

LIVE official link from Willow. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR6bWh3Up78#t=4069

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Half century. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Great Straight drive. What a 50 Sachin.

clap
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:10 am

Gone. He might not get to play 2nd innings.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:16 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:Gone. He might not get to play 2nd innings.
I guess that's it

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:07 am

total runs of srt (assuming he doesn't bat in 2nd innings): 15847

india's independence: 15.8.47

lagaan.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 am

The best moment for sachin to retire was after 2011 odi world championship. It was sad to see him struggling for his last century. He could not get it against any top test playing nation. He had to wait for lowly Bangladesh.
Sachin is a top notch player but he waited a little too long to retire. Bcci manipulated this wi series and this ending is not a fitting tribute to a great batsman. For the rest of the world, this series is a farce.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:26 am

truthbetold wrote:The best moment for sachin to retire was after 2011 odi world championship... For the rest of the world,  this series is a farce.

Thanks but no thanks. We prefer well scripted Bollywood films that end with celebration. He is the greatest batsman I have seen. 

Floral arrangement for sachin and his team at wankhade:

Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning Img-2011

Awesome century by Rohit Sharma!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:47 am

More eerie stats:

Sachin's birth date is
24/4/74
Today after 24 years he batted at 4th position and scored 74.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:57 am

oh good glad this farce is nearly over.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:19 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:More eerie stats:

Sachin's birth date is
24/4/74
NPR again informed this morning how Sachin did in the first inninngs. I guess, just only a few here are not tuned in to the great 24 year entertaining comedy show called Sachin, coming to an end this week. These guys are so alone.

I'd rather listen to Clive Lloyd, Dravid, Ganguly, VVS, Lara, Warne, Gavaskar, Akram, Hayden and people who know criket than these 'cricket followers'.

The straight drive to get to his 50 was brilliant, reminding of the Sachin we know. Some cover drives were exquisite.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
truthbetold wrote:The best moment for sachin to retire was after 2011 odi world championship... For the rest of the world,  this series is a farce.

Thanks but no thanks. We prefer well scripted Bollywood films that end with celebration. He is the greatest batsman I have seen

Floral arrangement for sachin and his team at wankhade:

Sachin Tendulkar on NPR this morning Img-2011

Awesome century by Rohit Sharma!
Agree! For me Sachin is in the league along with Dravid, Richards and Clive Lloyd, but most humble together with Dravid.

Enjoy Sachin's last couple days on the field. You won't see another Sachin in your lifetime.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 am

Another great talks about Sachin.

Thank you for the memories Sachin, we will miss you, emotional Sunil Gavaskar says
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 am

southindian wrote:

Sachin's birth date is
24/4/74
NPR again informed this morning how Sachin did in the first inninngs. I guess, just only a few here are not tuned in to the great 24 year entertaining comedy show called Sachin, coming to an end this week. These guys are so alone.

I'd rather listen to Clive Lloyd, Dravid, Ganguly, VVS, Lara, Warne, Gavaskar, Akram, Hayden and people who know criket than these 'cricket followers'.

The straight drive to get to his 50 was brilliant, reminding of the Sachin we know. Some cover drives were exquisite.
oh! well those big names want to be politically correct on the air so they won't reveal their true feelings. Yesterday, Sachin was middling the ball well, played some beautiful shots but one can see that he wasn't enjoying the moment nor was himself, was so tensed and wanted a ton so badly.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:

Sachin's birth date is
24/4/74

oh! well those big names want to be politically correct on the air so they won't reveal their true feelings. Yesterday, Sachin was middling the ball well, played some beautiful shots but one can see that he wasn't enjoying the moment nor was himself, was so tensed and wanted a ton so badly.
Oh really?lol!
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:30 am

southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:

Sachin's birth date is
24/4/74

Oh really?lol!
Yesterday, two not one, 100s were scored by Indian batsmen none of them came from Sachin's bat.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
southindian wrote:

Sachin's birth date is
24/4/74

Oh really?lol!
Yesterday, two not one, 100s were scored by Indian batsmen none of them came from Sachin's bat.
And that makes your commentary on Sachin more relevant than what cricket greats have been talking for last 2 days? and Sachin's 74 any less?

Don Bradman scored a zero in his final innings and he's still considered the greatest. Thankfully the world discusses Don, Sachin and not some obscure dude.

Enjoy Sachin's last outing on the field. We won't tell anyone if you watch and enjoy tonight.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
he, he confuzzled. BIG NAMES are BIG in their own right and their BIG egos would not let them be p chidambaram over any SRT. rameez raja and ravi shastri did not hesitate from dwelling on his 2 years of non performance and choice of retirement moment in the ruminations on TV today but in the end they all acknowledged his greatness including his timing of retirement (raja mentioned imran announced his retirement in 1987 after the world cup loss but was forced by public pressure to return and he led them to victory in 1992). from the limited cricket i have seen, helmets off to SRT! i was into cricket for a few years in school (chetan chauhan, gundappa, gavaskar, zaheer abbas and miandad period) and then heavily into it in the 90s till the expose of the match fixing racket disillusioned me overnight. the moments i cherish, from watching cricket on tv, in an order of priority:

- sachin's batting. (for a long time he was a one man team.) my favourite was his straight drive for six. wow. what a gravity defying textbook stroke that used to be. effortless stroke and the ball ran parallel to the ground to cover the longest distance for a six!

- ganguly's off drives. simply elegant and effortless drives -- where did the ball gather such speed from? loved his debut century (and the next consecutive one).

- azhar's wristy strokes with the lightest bat.

- sidhu's hilarious tantrums and lousy batting.

the other BIG guys watching the show at wankhede like aamir khan, hritik roshan, nita ambani were interviewed on TV. none of them were p chidambaram; specially hritik roshan who minced no words when he said:

this *gasp* was a great *gasp* innings *smiles and looks awkward for a few seconds* i mean even if sachin had scored 0, it would still have been a great innings *gasps more* i mean 74 for a retired cricketer *pause* i think that is the highest any retired cricketer has ever scored *pause -- tries of think of  who told him this* i'm not sure maybe one of the highest *pause* check it up *BIG kris smile*

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
he, he confuzzled. BIG NAMES are BIG in their own right and their BIG egos would not let them be p chidambaram over any SRT. rameez raja and ravi shastri did not hesitate from dwelling on his 2 years of non performance and choice of retirement moment in the ruminations on TV today but in the end they all acknowledged his greatness including his timing of retirement (raja mentioned imran announced his retirement in 1987 after the world cup loss but was forced by public pressure to return and he led them to victory in 1992). from the limited cricket i have seen, helmets off to SRT! i was into cricket for a few years in school (chetan chauhan, gundappa, gavaskar, zaheer abbas and miandad period) and then heavily into it in the 90s till the expose of the match fixing racket disillusioned me overnight. the moments i cherish, from watching cricket on tv, in an order of priority:

- sachin's batting. (for a long time he was a one man team.) my favourite was his straight drive for six. wow. what a gravity defying textbook stroke that used to be. effortless stroke and the ball ran parallel to the ground to cover the longest distance for a six!

- ganguly's off drives. simply elegant and effortless drives -- where did the ball gather such speed from? loved his debut century (and the next consecutive one).

- azhar's wristy strokes with the lightest bat.

- sidhu's hilarious tantrums and lousy batting.

the other BIG guys watching the show at wankhede like aamir khan, hritik roshan, nita ambani were interviewed on TV. none of them were p chidambaram; specially hritik roshan who minced no words when he said:

this *gasp* was a great *gasp* innings *smiles and looks awkward for a few seconds* i mean even if sachin had scored 0, it would still have been a great innings *gasps more* i mean 74 for a retired cricketer *pause* i think that is the highest any retired cricketer has ever scored *pause -- tries of think of  who told him this* i'm not sure maybe one of the highest *pause* check it up *BIG kris smile*
None of that matters on SuCH land; besides those big names don't know that You & I exist. I've seen enough cricket and cricketing greats play to form my opinion. I don't have to blindly repeat what big names blabber; what I said was my honest opinion & observation of Sachin's innings.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Sachin contributed to Indian cricket more than any other player in recent years. technically he is the closest to perfection. none of that would have changed if he retired in 2011.
dravid and laxman retired allowing Indian team to try new batsmen. the matches in last two years allowed India to refill the team with new talent. sachin delayed the experimentation for one more batsman.
he is still an eye pleasing technically correct batsmen. but his time was up.a little while ago.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:13 pm

truthbetold wrote:Sachin contributed to Indian cricket more than any other player in recent years.
do you mean in forms of cricket other than test cricket? and how do you define recent?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:18 pm

southindian wrote:

Enjoy Sachin's last outing on the field. We won't tell anyone if you watch and enjoy tonight.
When was your greatest batsman score his last century ? hm?...hm???? Since then Kholi, Pujara, and Rohit, Dhoni, Dravid all scored many and many-O centuries.

I rest my case.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:19 pm

here are some comparisons of tendulkar and dravid in tests, for the decade spanning 2002-2012, a period they overlapped almost completely (ten year period):

tendulkar.

dravid.

and to be fair, here are the five year averages 2007-2012:

tendulkar.
dravid.

i think they both suffered loss of form in the last decade, tendulkar towards the beginning and dravid towards the middle. but the statement that tendulkar contributed most can be easily contested. and i haven't even started on kumble who i think absolutely contributed the most to indian cricket in recent years. he worked like a mule without losing even a tiny bit of his aggression throughout his career. IMO kumble is the unheralded real hero of modern indian cricket.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:33 pm

we are a nation of batting worshippers. no wonder we value tendulkar, dravid, ganguly, and laxman over kumble. in australia all said and done, warne is a bigger deal than ponting and murali is a bigger deal than anyone else in sri lanka.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next