Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L'affaire Tejpal

2 posters

Go down

L'affaire Tejpal Empty L'affaire Tejpal

Post by Petrichor Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 pm

I wish I heard the opinion of the smartest Such'er on this.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

L'affaire Tejpal Empty Re: L'affaire Tejpal

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:25 pm

what's ur opinion?

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:18 pm

i have no doubt he did what she said he did. however, i don't think it was the first time he did that to her. (maybe first time against her will)

their colleagues will be able to tell better what kind of relationship they were in and a lot of other things that led to lift episode that we do not know of. 

all that stuff about father figure is bs. every woman knows if a man is not her father he's not her father. he's a man first. father figure later. if she doesn't know this, she's naive. 

this thing got to media too fast and in cases like these it's very difficult to prove things one way or another. lets wait to hear his side of the story.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:what's ur opinion?
1. Sexiness quotient in a woman is directly proportional to her psychological volatility. The sexier the woman, the more of a tightrope walking and higher the risk for aggressive alpha males' predatory behavior.
2. Never rely on a woman's noblesse oblige when it comes to sexual trespasses. The revulsion induced by a non-desired sexual approach trumps every other relationship - mentor, father's friend, friend's father etc. Even if quarters are sought, usually none is given.
3. Some 'No's are muted, murmured, shown by a droplet of a tear in the corner of an eye, or expressed as simple reasoned arguments why something should not take place.
4. The decks, in general, are stacked just one way and it ain't in Tejpals' direction.
-----------------------------

My opinion - very guilty; should see jail time; some real sleuthing of tehelka's sourcing methods and congress protectorate should come out.

ps. If you must, then you should master the language of romantic metaphors and double entendre, approach cautiously and document express/ed consent. please watch french movies with words like une, amour, affaire, homme etc....

keywords: tejpal idiot

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 pm

you mean it's all right for one to proposition a subordinate and proceed as long as she agrees?

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't know their org structure but I was under the impression that she did not directly report to Tejpal.

AFAIK, Indian laws are different and there is no presumption of sexual harassment based on a propositioning and a relationship of direct reporting. (this is hypothetical here since this went beyond harassment and fell into the catchment area of rape)

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down