Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rashmun vs Charvaka

2 posters

Go down

Rashmun vs Charvaka Empty Rashmun vs Charvaka

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:01 am

it seems a little unfair that the posters who hate me--Uppili (Samiyaar), Tracy, Hellsangel-- are around to back up Charvaka. While the posters who hate Charvaka--LukeWarmus, Seva, Sandilya, QueenBee--are not around on this forum to neutralize the effect of the pro Charvaka posters.

Back to top Go down

Rashmun vs Charvaka Empty Re: Rashmun vs Charvaka

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:53 am

rashmunji please stop taking things personally. i notice that you have been taking things personally. you are not disliked by anyone as a poster -- you are a valuable contributor like anyone else. others' reactions are limited to the content of your posts. you list tracy as among the people who hate but you did not notice that she read your 9/11 blog and complimented you too. similarly, you have merlot defending you, whose gravitas exceeds the combined substance of tracy, ha and uppili. merlot might elect to oppose you in a future debate -- likewise that should not offend you. please allow for healthy debate and not this tit for tat on a personal level. the thread on regional parties started of well and it is one of the more interesting threads that i have seen here but you took things personally and it degenerated (though not completely). i hope you understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 am

Rashman I gave you a few positive votes in case it makes you feel better. Some of them are bump posts.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 am

I like Carvaka but that doesn't mean I dislike you. I was amongst the 10 on that poll who voted in favor of your posts. For the record, the question did not reflect my opinion i.e. i do not consider your posts as outlandish. I was opining on the poll's larger point that i'd like for you to be around. And entirely uncensored.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:58 am

artood2 wrote:Rashman I gave you a few positive votes in case it makes you feel better. Some of them are bump posts.

i too gave him 16/17 + votes before i max'd out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:rashmunji please stop taking things personally. i notice that you have been taking things personally. you are not disliked by anyone as a poster -- you are a valuable contributor like anyone else. others' reactions are limited to the content of your posts. you list tracy as among the people who hate but you did not notice that she read your 9/11 blog and complimented you too. similarly, you have merlot defending you, whose gravitas exceeds the combined substance of tracy, ha and uppili. merlot might elect to oppose you in a future debate -- likewise that should not offend you. please allow for healthy debate and not this tit for tat on a personal level. the thread on regional parties started of well and it is one of the more interesting threads that i have seen here but you took things personally and it degenerated (though not completely). i hope you understand.

--> the 9/11 blog was by Charvaka and not me. She had read Charvaka's blog and the compliment was for Charvaka and not me. The fact that she gave me 10 negative votes in a matter of minutes--and admitted to this--signifies a pathological hatred towards me. Perhaps as much hatred as she has for her erstwhile buddy QueenBee. did you know that Tracy registered the handle QueenBee as soon as she arrived on this forum? Now tell me, was this proper on her part.

--> i really think that on this occasion there was undue provocation from the other side. i can hardly be expected to remain silent if someone:

1. Ridicules me and my posts by coining and repeatedly using the phrase 'Rashmun Method' in referring to the stupid logic in my posts. (Irrespective of the fact that the logic became stupid only when i was posting on regionalism and not when i was posting on Indian philosophy in which case i was receiving praise and in which case my posts were actually defended from attack by others and in which case i was occasionally approached for clarifications for removal of doubts by the same person who now shamelessly calls me 'shameless liar').

2. Ridicules me repeatedly by pointing out how many negative votes i have received even though his own tally of 30 negative votes (28 as Charvaka, 2 as Admin) were the highest number of negative votes given by anyone as of today, and even though he has confessed to having given me multiple negative votes.

Last edited by Rashmun on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:08 am

Silhouette wrote:I like Carvaka but that doesn't mean I dislike you. I was amongst the 10 on that poll who voted in favor of your posts. For the record, the question did not reflect my opinion i.e. i do not consider your posts as outlandish. I was opining on the poll's larger point that i'd like for you to be around. And entirely uncensored.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
artood2 wrote:Rashman I gave you a few positive votes in case it makes you feel better. Some of them are bump posts.

i too gave him 16/17 + votes before i max'd out.

Thanks HK and A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down