Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When CHARVAKA admonished RASHMUN about dragging posters' family in discussions

Go down

When CHARVAKA admonished RASHMUN about dragging posters' family in discussions Empty When CHARVAKA admonished RASHMUN about dragging posters' family in discussions

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:58 pm

https://such.forumotion.com/t2305-my-tribute-to-charvaka-s-grandfather

Rashmun, it would better if you kept my family members out of CH discussions. Even when you used to drag the family members of other posters into CH discussions all those years ago, I told you you should not do it. In those instances, you claimed that "(s)he did it first, so I just responded" and you justified your uncivilized conduct with nonsense like "old Indian philosophers did, so I'm gonna do it." I know in this instance, I never once talked about your family, yet you seem to think you have some kind of power over me by referring to my uncle and grandfather.

Let me just say that it is most uncivilized to invoke another poster's family members in a discussion with them. It is an indirect way to concede that you have no substantive argument, and it is much worse than a straight-up concession.

As a grown-up, you have to make a decision whether you will continue to use this tactic of bringing in posters' family members into conversations. If you want to do that, there is nothing I can do to stop you*. I just wanted to let you know that it just reflects badly on you, not on me, to do what you did yesterday.

If you continue to bring up my uncle and grandfather going forward, I am not going to let that stop me from pointing out holes in your arguments or question your political views.

* You seem to make a big deal of my being admin here. No aspect of the discussions we had has been influenced in any way by my being admin. And it will not be influenced in future either.

Back to top Go down