Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is becoming a racist South Indian ghetto

+14
FluteHolder
Hellsangel
swapna
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
nevada
Kris
seven
bw
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
b_A
18 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

This forum is becoming a racist South Indian ghetto - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum is becoming a racist South Indian ghetto

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:32 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rashmun

You are stupid. Even a rare visitor to such can understand that the no.1 hater of north indians and any thing north indian and anything hindu is flimflam alias luke alias swapna alias michelle alias michelle2. You know that as well as any one on this board. But in your twisted mind you want to blame Idefix for something and you come up with this convoluted post. Now that you vomited your idiocy before the public, you are making even more bizarre supporting arguments.

There are others who dislike north indians (ex. max) but no one hates NIs from the gut like your friend flimflam/luke/swapna.  He is laughing at your utter servility thinking 'there goes the stupid Narthindian'

Since you are a Gult it is natural to see you come to the defense of a fellow Gult. Gults are notorious for their "tribal loyalty" as the whole world knows.

Back to top Go down

This forum is becoming a racist South Indian ghetto - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum is becoming a racist South Indian ghetto

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't dislike groups of people based on their ethnicity. my expressions of negative opinions have always been about people's attitudes. if you must refer to me, please be accurate.  
Your claims are inaccurate.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:36 pm

hindian is a term like tamilian, gujarati, or bengali. it is meant to signify an indian whose first language is hindi. it doesn't carry any negative connotations. by using this term, one instantly severs the identification of the word "indian" with "hindi speaker", which IMO hindians have very cleverly manipulated to create the impression amongst indians and non-indians that it is necessary to be able to speak hindi to be considered an indian. the term hindian pulls the rug from under this agenda. therefore i like it very much and plan to continue using it.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 pm

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't dislike groups of people based on their ethnicity. my expressions of negative opinions have always been about people's attitudes. if you must refer to me, please be accurate.  

they cannot be because i am making a statement about my own opinions which i know better than anyone else.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Rashmun wrote:

You are stupid. Even a rare visitor to such can understand that the no.1 hater of north indians and any thing north indian and anything hindu is flimflam alias luke alias swapna alias michelle alias michelle2. You know that as well as any one on this board. But in your twisted mind you want to blame Idefix for something and you come up with this convoluted post. Now that you vomited your idiocy before the public, you are making even more bizarre supporting arguments.

There are others who dislike north indians (ex. max) but no one hates NIs from the gut like your friend flimflam/luke/swapna.  He is laughing at your utter servility thinking 'there goes the stupid Narthindian'

Since you are a Gult it is natural to see you come to the defense of a fellow Gult. Gults are notorious for their "tribal loyalty" as the whole world knows.

Since you cannot defend your indefensible stupidity, I was expecting you will hide behind such lame excuses.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:My sympathies to you Rashmun; Hindi will never be national language saying so won't make me racist. What do you think of idiots like haraharamahadev (and sometimes yourself) that suggest that NIs are fair skinned thus better looking than dark skinned SIs.

You are misquoting me. I do not have a preference for fair skin, nor do I have a preference for dark skin.
Saying that Hindi will never be the national language is a point of view. Rest assured you will not be called a racist for expressing a point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

they cannot be because i am making a statement about my own opinions which i know better than anyone else.
In this case your judgement is self serving. You are unable to accept the reality. We, the readers of such, have read your posts for a long time to understand what you think.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

In this case your judgement is self serving. You are unable to accept the reality. We, the readers of such, have read your posts for a long time to understand what you think.

regardless, i stand by what i said, which is that i don't hate people based on their ethnicities.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:42 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Since you cannot defend your indefensible stupidity, I was expecting you will hide behind such lame excuses.

The great thing about Luke Warmus is that he has never encouraged the formation of cliques and has actively voiced his opposition to any region based or language based cliques. That in my opinion makes him a great man worthy of emulation.

The fact that he has unorthodox views on certain subjects are to be treated in the way Voltaire would have us treat Luke: "I do not believe a word of what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:hindian is a term like tamilian, gujarati, or bengali. it is meant to signify an indian whose first language is hindi. it doesn't carry any negative connotations. by using this term, one instantly severs the identification of the word "indian" with "hindi speaker", which IMO hindians have very cleverly manipulated to create the impression amongst indians and non-indians that it is necessary to be able to speak hindi to be considered an indian. the term hindian pulls the rug from under this agenda. therefore i like it very much and plan to continue using it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hindian

---

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:54 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:hindian is a term like tamilian, gujarati, or bengali. it is meant to signify an indian whose first language is hindi. it doesn't carry any negative connotations. by using this term, one instantly severs the identification of the word "indian" with "hindi speaker", which IMO hindians have very cleverly manipulated to create the impression amongst indians and non-indians that it is necessary to be able to speak hindi to be considered an indian. the term hindian pulls the rug from under this agenda. therefore i like it very much and plan to continue using it.

The word used for people whose first language is hindi is Hindustani. Hindi speakers have not permitted you to call them whatever the heck u want to call them. Your intellectual bankruptcy is revealed when one sees you taking a word from the racist pamphlet Tamil Tribune and try and hoist it on Hindi speakers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Sadly I see this place degenerating into a South Indian ghetto. I know the person primarily responsible for this too. It is none other than Panini Press. He was the one who started using the word "Hindian" after Kayal Vizhi's usage of the term and the solitary usage of the term one can find in any publication: Tamil Tribune, which is not a print publication since nobody reads it in Tamil Nadu. He was the one who started disparaging North Indians using the term "northindian" in the fashion Max had been using and using border line racist language while criticizing North Indians for all kinds of wrongdoings. Egged on by him many (not all) of the telugus and Tamils of this forum started behaving in the same way.

carvaka coined 'northindian'? i had no idea - i thought it was swapna-ji who came up with it.

Did u read the entire sentence? I clearly wrote that Panini was emulating Max when he started using the word northindian. In other words he did not coin the word himself. What is also to be noted is that he started using this term, and also the word "Hindian", some time after this forum was created when he started showing more and more of his true colors. He never used the word Hindian or northindian on Sulekha; he was too busy trying to be Mr Popular to do that.

the phrase "he was the one who started" is confusing. i guess you are referring to your 'gulti does ulti' series being a reaction to PP's 'northindian' usage and it was PP who "started" it.

No I am not. These words deserve further elaboration. Briefly, the anti-NI attitude was confined to a small section of posters on Sulekha. Mainly Max and Luke Warmus and Kayal Vizhi.  When Panini started expressing the same anti-NI views on this forum ( he never did this on Sulekha) it was a green signal for this place to start turning into a ghetto. A South Indian ghetto. ( there were of course very few North Indians to begin with.) Many of the posters here know Panini personally and are friends with him outside the forum. Most of these people have a very scratchy understanding of politics and history, but because Panini is their friend and because he comes across as an expert on history and politics and other subjects to a novice in these matters because of Panini's assured and confident views despite his half baked knowledge the attitude becomes "whatever Panini is saying must be right". A good example is what Good Citizen told me recently. GC said that he does not have adequate knowledge to debate the issue he and I were discussing but he will hold on to his view because it is also the view of Panini and whatever Panini says must be right because he is a trustworthy person.

I am not prepared to annoy both Max and Luke unnecessarily since they have ( in my opinion) refrained from cliquish behavior and I respect them for this reason. Both Max and Luke are free to articulate their views on North Indians for the reason that neither of them incited other posters or ganged up with other posters to repeatedly provoke and flame a specific poster. But Since PAnini is guilty of inciting other posters and ganging up with other posters to attack, provoke, incite, and essentially go out of his way to try and isolate and humiliate  specific posters he has now lost the opportunity to be accorded similar respect.

PP = Pied Piper.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

carvaka coined 'northindian'? i had no idea - i thought it was swapna-ji who came up with it.

Did u read the entire sentence? I clearly wrote that Panini was emulating Max when he started using the word northindian. In other words he did not coin the word himself. What is also to be noted is that he started using this term, and also the word "Hindian", some time after this forum was created when he started showing more and more of his true colors. He never used the word Hindian or northindian on Sulekha; he was too busy trying to be Mr Popular to do that.

the phrase "he was the one who started" is confusing. i guess you are referring to your 'gulti does ulti' series being a reaction to PP's 'northindian' usage and it was PP who "started" it.

No I am not. These words deserve further elaboration. Briefly, the anti-NI attitude was confined to a small section of posters on Sulekha. Mainly Max and Luke Warmus and Kayal Vizhi.  When Panini started expressing the same anti-NI views on this forum ( he never did this on Sulekha) it was a green signal for this place to start turning into a ghetto. A South Indian ghetto. ( there were of course very few North Indians to begin with.) Many of the posters here know Panini personally and are friends with him outside the forum. Most of these people have a very scratchy understanding of politics and history, but because Panini is their friend and because he comes across as an expert on history and politics and other subjects to a novice in these matters because of Panini's assured and confident views despite his half baked knowledge the attitude becomes "whatever Panini is saying must be right". A good example is what Good Citizen told me recently. GC said that he does not have adequate knowledge to debate the issue he and I were discussing but he will hold on to his view because it is also the view of Panini and whatever Panini says must be right because he is a trustworthy person.

I am not prepared to annoy both Max and Luke unnecessarily since they have ( in my opinion) refrained from cliquish behavior and I respect them for this reason. Both Max and Luke are free to articulate their views on North Indians for the reason that neither of them incited other posters or ganged up with other posters to repeatedly provoke and flame a specific poster. But Since PAnini is guilty of inciting other posters and ganging up with other posters to attack, provoke, incite, and essentially go out of his way to try and isolate and humiliate  specific posters he has now lost the opportunity to be accorded similar respect.

And here is GC declaring that he thinks it ok to use the word "Hindian" because Panini endorses the usage of the term and since Panini in his view is knowledgeable about the history of hindustan and also hindi:

https://such.forumotion.com/t24530-census-dispels-hindi-myth-only-25-in-india-claim-hindi-is-their-mother-tongue#162344

---
The same Panini has declared that Hyderabadi is not a variant of Hindi but a language on its own--a view dispelled by both Huzefa Kapasi and me. Panini is obliged to make this false claim because any linguistic connection of Hyderabadi culture with North India deflates his border line racist and regionalist agenda.

Pied Piper 2

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:

The word used for people whose first language is hindi is Hindustani. Hindi speakers have not permitted you to call them whatever the heck u want to call them. Your intellectual bankruptcy is revealed when one sees you taking a word from the racist pamphlet Tamil Tribune and try and hoist it on Hindi speakers.

hindian may be many things, but racist it is not. please look up the word racist in the dictionary.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:My sympathies to you Rashmun; Hindi will never be national language saying so won't make me racist. What do you think of idiots like haraharamahadev (and sometimes yourself) that suggest that NIs are fair skinned thus better looking than dark skinned SIs.

You are misquoting me. I do not have a preference for fair skin, nor do I have a preference for dark skin.
Saying that Hindi will never be the national language is a point of view. Rest assured you will not be called a racist for expressing a point of view.
You've mentioned on several occasions that Brahmins are of NI origin [solely] based on fair complexion theory.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The great thing about Luke Warmus is that he has never encouraged the formation of cliques and has actively voiced his opposition to any region based or language based cliques. That in my opinion makes him a great man worthy of emulation.

The fact that he has unorthodox views on certain subjects are to be treated in the way Voltaire would have us treat Luke: "I do not believe a word of what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it".
No wonder you hate [all] telugus as much as your online guru Flimflam does.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:

You have earlier declared that you do not accept the word "Hindustan" as a synonym for India since you find Hindustan to be a word synonymous with North India. In that case why have a problem with using Hindustani for Hindi speakers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:00 pm

I agree... I have come across quite a few in this country who ask me if I spoke "Indian" or "hindu". Some who are familiar with India ask if I spoke "hindi".

The Hindians - that too NaarthHindians - have synonamized India with hindi in a meticulous, surruptitious manner.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:02 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

regardless, i stand by what i said, which is that i don't hate people based on their ethnicities.
I am glad you do.  It shows you have at some level the recognition hating north indians may be wrong. That is why you were not clubbed with flimflam/swapna/michelle.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:03 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Whatever gave you the idea that I hate telugus? In fact I have a lot of affection for telugus. Just because I have had some issues with many ( not all) of the telugus on this forum does not mean I hate all telugus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:04 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

You've mentioned on several occasions that Brahmins are of NI origin [solely] based on fair complexion theory.

And you guys - even after this many years - seriously argue with this Maulana Al-Akbari on the same 3 or 4 issues knowing full well what he is likely to say (over and over)?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Whatever gave you the idea that I hate telugus? In fact I have a lot of affection for telugus. Just because I have had some issues with many ( not all) of the telugus on this forum does not mean I hate all telugus.

One of my favorite Indian poets is the great Telugu poet Vemana. I have read many of his poems in English translation.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

You have earlier declared that you do not accept the word "Hindustan" as a synonym for India since you find Hindustan to be a word synonymous with North India. In that case why have a problem with using Hindustani for Hindi speakers?

because i think it is out of vogue. nobody refers to hindi as hindustani except you and few others from the nehru/gandhi generation. the language you refer to as hindustani has been replaced by hindi and i see no harm in referring to hindi first language speakers as hindian. we call the english, english, italian speakers italians and so on. i don't see how this is a racist term. for some reason it makes you uncomfortable, but nobody who looks at it rationally will detect any racism in the term. i think you are confused.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:11 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

My view is that the Sanskrit word for caste is varna and varna literally means "color" by which I understand to refer to the color of the skin. Originally the caste system was devised to separate the fair complexioned Aryans who were assigned the high castes from the dark skinned Dravidians who were assigned the low caste. My observation is that even today high caste hindus ( not just Brahmins ) are more fair complexioned than low caste hindus--generally speaking. Of course since inter-marriages have taken place this is not a rigid rule.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

because i think it is out of vogue. nobody refers to hindi as hindustani except you and few others from the nehru/gandhi generation. the language you refer to as hindustani has been replaced by hindi and i see no harm in referring to hindi first language speakers as hindian. we call the english, english, italian speakers italians and so on. i don't see how this is a racist term. for some reason it makes you uncomfortable, but nobody who looks at it rationally will detect any racism in the term. i think you are confused.

What about this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindustani_people

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:18 pm

douchemun's servility towards the virile diapered1 has got to be the shiniest example of ATM (urban dictionary that one) hoovering I've ever seen on such. his lame attempts at justifying his hypocrisy would be funny if they weren't so pathetic. 

arbitrariness of life is strange indeed: should a few things have gone differently, this douche would be in some UP shithole trying to convince the world why rape and murder of some woman's not really all that bad in keeping with his genetic tendencies.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:douchemun's servility towards the virile diapered1 has got to be the shiniest example of ATM (urban dictionary that one) hoovering I've ever seen on such. his lame attempts at justifying his hypocrisy would be funny if they weren't so pathetic. 

arbitrariness of life is strange indeed: should a few things have gone differently, this douche would be in some UP shithole trying to convince the world why rape and murder of some woman's not really all that bad in keeping with his genetic tendencies.

Instead of becoming abusive I wish you would consider emulating Luke in his scorn for language based and region based cliques.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

hindian may be many things, but racist it is not. please look up the word racist in the dictionary.

why not "hindis"? like tamils, telugus, bengalis etc.

Last edited by bw on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:douchemun's servility towards the virile diapered1 has got to be the shiniest example of ATM (urban dictionary that one) hoovering I've ever seen on such. his lame attempts at justifying his hypocrisy would be funny if they weren't so pathetic. 

Instead of becoming abusive I wish you would consider emulating Luke in his scorn for language based and region based cliques.

it says volumes about your own character that you consider puke farmus aka heinous anus worthy of emulation. but am starting to repeat myself.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:27 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

why not "hindis"? like tamils, telugus, kannadigas etc.

Because that's not what the racist rag Tamil Tribune uses to refer to Hindi speakers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

it says volumes about your own character that you consider puke farmus aka heinous anus worthy of emulation. but am starting to repeat myself.

Ok let us leave Luke out of this. Do you agree that forming language based or region based cliques is condemnable?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Ok let us leave Luke out of this. Do you agree that forming language based or region based cliques is condemnable?
Rashmun
who can stop you from hallucinating about cliques? Get your head examined so that you may start seeing the real world.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:06 am

truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Rashmun
who can stop you from hallucinating about cliques? Get your head examined so that you may start seeing the real world.

U are welcome to argue that region or language based cliques do not exist on this forum. But if you are denying their existence altogether then it is you who needs to have his head examined.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:57 am

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Rashmun

U are welcome to argue that region or language based cliques do not exist on this forum. But if you are denying their existence altogether then it is you who needs to have his head examined.

The only clique that I see here is formed by two people who are viewed with contempt by most SuCHers . One is a hindian who fancies himself as an intellectual and the other is an utter failure in life loser who feels that life didn't provide what he deserved.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:06 am

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Rashmun

U are welcome to argue that region or language  based cliques do not exist on this forum. But if you are denying their existence altogether then it is you who needs to have his head examined.

read your own fucking posts and those of your bumboy over the last year before accusing others, you snivelling, limp wristed sambar guzzling needle dick.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 am

I am deeply hurt by the attribution of the appellation "northindian" to someone other than me. May I say it unequivocally? I coined that word.  And I did so in order to trivialize the common, innocuous term, "north indian."

My intent has been to give the northindians a.taste of their own medicine, but in double measure. I wanted to heap contempt on them for their cultural habits, without any explanation or appeal to their good sense or intelligence. Why? Because the time for such appeals has long been exhausted. After six decades, is utterly futile to seek -- as that gander whnngCtzn does -- their understanding of why freedoms are important to everyone.

By and large, I am skeptical of northindians, and of southern indians who kow-tow to them or overlook their serious flaws.

I appreciate all the posts that Rashmun has made here, especially about the Indian general election, and his determined efforts to keep them civil under intense pressure and provocation, while honestly expressing his opinions.

There's more to be said, especially about tribal loyalties, but I have  appointments to keep.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:30 am

swapna wrote:I am deeply hurt by the attribution of the appellation "northindian" to someone other than me. May I say it unequivocally? I coined that word.  And I did so in order to trivialize the common, innocuous term, "north indian."

My intent has been to give the northindians a.taste of their own medicine, but in double measure. I wanted to heap contempt on them for their cultural habits, without any explanation or appeal to their good sense or intelligence. Why? Because the time for such appeals has long been exhausted. After six decades, is utterly futile to seek -- as that gander whnngCtzn does -- their understanding of why freedoms are important to everyone.

By and large, I am skeptical of northindians, and of southern indians who kow-tow to them or overlook their serious flaws.

I appreciate all the posts that Rashmun has made here, especially about the Indian general election, and his determined efforts to keep them civil under intense pressure and provocation, while honestly expressing his opinions.

There's more to be said, especially about tribal loyalties, but I have  appointments to keep.

I seem to remember Max taking credit for coining the word northindian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 am

Rashmun wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The great thing about Luke Warmus is that he has never encouraged the formation of cliques and has actively voiced his opposition to any region based or language based cliques. That in my opinion makes him a great magnanimous man worthy of emulation.

*Corrected*

Note: There is nothing particularly exceptional about opposing the formation of region based or language based cliques. So if Luke opposes this kind of cliquism it does not make him a great man, but it does make him a magnanimous and large hearted man in this specific context.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 am

Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:I am deeply hurt by the attribution of the appellation "northindian" to someone other than me. May I say it unequivocally? I coined that word.  And I did so in order to trivialize the common, innocuous term, "north indian."

no that was flim flam's coinage.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 am

I respect Luke for opposing the formation of language based and region based cliques. I prefer to disagree with his views on North Indians in accordance with the French philosopher Voltaire's famous maxim: "I do not believe a word of what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it". In a democracy everyone should be allowed to voice his opinion.

My own view is that there are refined and cultured North Indians and there are also crude North Indians. Ditto for people from south India, north east India, etc. The effort should be to make everyone more and more cultured with the passage of time.

---

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:55 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

no that was flim flam's coinage.

All right. But I do remember you explaining why you were using the term northindian and why it should be considered a pejorative term. From what I remember you did not give due credit to Luke in that post.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:08 am

Rashmun,

You are a shameless guy. Even when that abominable human being flimflam spits in your face, you do not have the courage to admit your error. Any person with any sense of self respect would just find a way to hide themselves from this self humiliation.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:09 am

A retired Indian army officer from North-East India writes about his life as a student in North India while also addressing separatist fanatics in the north-east:

----

My personal experience of life, has been that we, North-Easterners were and are treated equally and fairly. I studied at Birla Engineering College, Pilani, now known as Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) with university status. I was the only student from NE India - none from Assam, Tripura, and Meghalaya. We need not think of any student from Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh for technical education at that point of time. Thus, I became a strange creature with fierce Mongolian look. The atmosphere of students in the institute was dominated by Punjabis and this was counter-balanced by South Indians, who were collectively known as Madrasis. The quiet and intelligent South Indians befriended local Rajasthanis, who were also a minority, as they spite the noisy and intensely hard-working Punjabis.

In this fierce struggle for supremacy, I became an acceptable person and became popular as I played hockey and football for our college. By the way, during my hockey career, starting from Yumnam Pheijao’s Popular Club of Yumnam Leikai, I had seen hockey wizard Major Dhyanchand and Major General Lakhinder Singh, the then General Officer Commanding (GOC), Bengal, Bihar and Orissa Area, both playing hockey for Army team at Calcutta Football Club (CFC) ground, which was like a carpeted ground. CFC is now extinct I had seen and sometimes played hockey with famous hockey personalities of yesteryears like G. Singh Nandy, Leslie Claudius, Dubey, Pinto and famous ‘Babu’, whose real name was Kanwar Digvijay Singh ‘Babu’; when I was member of. Presidency College team of Calcutta or as a substitute player to Manipur team, who came to participate in Beighton Cup. Needless to say, we were all beaten hollow.

Because of rivalry between Punjabis and South Indians, I was sponsored by Punjabis as a neutral candidate and accepted by South Indians also. I was elected as general secretary of Engineering Association without contest. Furthermore, I became such an important student leader that in the last but one year of college studies, I became vice-president of Hostels’ Union, the president being always a Professor Hostel-Warden, who stayed in the Hostel Campus. Birla Engineering College was a completely residential college with several hostel blocks. There was no day scholar. Could such a thing have happened if North Eastern were discriminate as inferiors? I was not suppressed, like other Manipuris, who could challenge the world example, Kunjarani Devi and NRI Manipuris, the world over.

Further, in my Army career, I was selected to undergo Technical Staff Officers’ Course at Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham, for two years , (1960-62). I am very grateful to Indian Army and am very proud of having been a Lieutenant Colonel. I have no regrets nor have any ill will.

http://thesangaiexpress.manipur.us/2006/05/03/Others/Articles.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:22 am

b_A wrote:

The only clique that I see here is formed by two people who are viewed with contempt by most SuCHers . One is a hindian who fancies himself as an intellectual and the other is an utter failure in life loser who feels that life didn't provide what he deserved.

The first one I agree totally but I would rather sympathise with psych patient.

I disagree on the latter. If anything he should be proud that his kids have done extremely well. Any amount of money, power, fame is no substitute for accomplished kids. so by default or design, his life is a complete success in my view. If he were to divide life into quadrants, he might have reason to believe he did not do well in 1 or 2 quadrants. But, that is true for most of us.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:25 am

The army officer from north east also has this to say to the Kayal Vizhis of the world ( link to the article in my previous post in this thread):

---

Recently, Ranjan Dai-mary, also known as DR Nabla, chief of National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB), argued, “We were never under India. It is the British who invaded India and occupied the whole of the North-East. So, when the British left, we have every right to be free.” My submission to Ranjan and his ilk is that when the British left, we were indeed free along with the rest of Indians. Also the question of being never under India does not arise, as we all were with India not under India.

Dear Ranjan, please allow me to make it clear that we the peoples of NE India, are enjoying the same political right, social right, religious right, cultural right, property right, expression right and what not, as are enjoyed by any other Indian. We are nothing more, nothing less. Ranjan can certainly buy a residential house in Delhi, can also acquire a summer lodge at Shimla, establish a business empire in Mumbai, the commercial capital of India and contest election, if he likes, in Rajasthan. There is absolute liberty, equality and freedom for all Indians....

For a moment, let us assume that North East parts of India are free and independent with tiny nation-states like Boroland, Garoland, Nagaland, Karbiland, Meiteiland etc. Then, how are we going to handle our trade and commerce, manage our road systems, tie up our rail links etc? Let us consider Meiteiland.

I am aware that we, Manipuris have our distinctive culture, dance, script, literature, food specialities, and talent sports etc. Despite all these proud anchors, our people will continue to go on pilgrimage to Nabadwip, Puri, Haridwar, Kanyakumari, Tirupati etc. No one can stop this. Our doctors and patients will go to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, Post Graduate Training Institute (PGTI), Chandigarh, Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore etc for higher studies and for medical treatment. ‘They will not go to Thailand or Timbuktu likewise, our engineers and students will go-to-hated India for higher studies. It is just impossible to cut off links with India. Independent Manipur will only succeed in creating difficulties while issuing passports and visas by the thousands daily.

That being so, why this hate-Hindi movement? On reaching Dimapur, we have to communicate in Hindi. Even if Muivah manages to tear away his dream Nagalim from, India, right now at this moment, he cannot stop use of Hindi from Dimapur in his lifetime, languages take time to spread out and also to fade away. Manipuris should learn Hindi.
Incidentally, the enthusiasm of Hindi zealots to coin, new and unfamiliar Hindi words like Doordarshan for television etc is condemnable. Television is a word understood by everyone, motorcar is simply untransl-atable, X-ray is plain X-ray and so on. Imitating Hindi fanatics, we have in Meitriebak, old Sabhapati as Mayaitangbal now or Samaj as Khunai etc. To help Manipuris learn Hindi faster, those old Sanskritised Hindi words ought not to have been discarded. I am saying these at the peril of being branded as anti-Meitei. On the contrary, I am a full-blooded Meitei, but at the same time do not like your imposition of Meitreibak or Kangleipak on beautiful Manipur, the name I adore. Sorry for my Manipuriness.

I honestly feel that if we do Kangleipak or Meitreibak, the tribal will do Nagaram or Mizoland or Zeliangrong and all our hill peoples and their lands will secede from Manipur. Our dear State will break up. Even after break-up, how can we be sure that other salais/gotras for example Luwangs, Khumans, Khaba-Nganbas etc, may not like to carve out separate kingdom/territories and thus establish their own identities? Where will the Lakhsman Rekha of ‘no further fragmentation’ be drawn?

The rekha drawn now, as the entity called ‘Republic of India’ with Sensex soaring beyond 12,000 mark index, having the third largest Army in the world, with an efficient Air Force and a capable Navy equipped with indigenous nuclear arsenal with responsible civilian control, must be final. Therefore, we all must abandon our magnificent-obsession of independent Manipur and become proud Indians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:35 am

truthbetold wrote:Rashmun,

You are a shameless guy. Even when that abominable human being flimflam spits in your face, you do not have the courage to admit your error. Any person with any sense of self respect would just find a way to hide themselves from this self humiliation.

TBT, what about Voltaire's statement: "I do not believe a word of what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it". I am only following what Voltaire has recommended. Additionally, I appreciate Luke's efforts to fight against region based and language based cliques. Everyone should be able to express his views without concern of being collectively flamed by a clique of posters joined together at the hip because of "tribal loyalty".

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:47 am

Rashmun wrote:

TBT, what about Voltaire's statement: "I do not believe a word of what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it". I am only following what Voltaire has recommended. Additionally, I appreciate Luke's efforts to fight against region based and language based cliques. Everyone should be able to express his views without concern of being collectively flamed by a clique of posters joined together at the hip because of "tribal loyalty".
What cliques & tribal loyalty? Are you saying that Vakavaka & Idefix, for all their ideological differences (on almost every topic), they gang up when it comes to anything pertinent to NI? Do you realize that you're demeaning the intelligence & integrity of telugu posters on this board with foolish comments like they're following their leader or being cliquish.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

What cliques & tribal loyalty? Are you saying that Vakavaka & Idefix, for all their ideological differences (on almost every topic), they gang up when it comes to anything pertinent to NI? Do you realize that you're demeaning the intelligence & integrity of telugu posters on this board with foolish comments like they're following their leader or being cliquish.

Vakavaka and Panini are an exception. Vakavaka and Panini used to fight and mock each other on Sulekha because in their case their attitude towards religion trumped regionalism. They had very strong views on religion with Panini being an atheist and Vakavaka being a staunch and ultra orthodox Hindu. But I have never seen them slamming or mocking each other's attitude towards religion on this forum in the way they would on Sulekha. In fact both Vakavaka and Panini have both been slamming North Indians on this forum. Tribal Loyalty ultimately triumphed even here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:30 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
b_A wrote:

The first one I agree totally but I would rather sympathise with psych patient.

I disagree on the latter. If anything he should be proud that his kids have done extremely well.  Any amount of money, power, fame is no substitute for accomplished kids. so by default or design, his life is a complete success in my view. If he were to divide life into quadrants, he might have reason to believe he did not do well in 1 or 2 quadrants. But, that is true for most of us.

I guess that only happened coz the kids were away from the influence of the latter.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
Rishi wrote:NIs have a lot of wackos who want to push Hindi on SI.
will your personality change if you are forced to learn hindi? this "hindi imposition" is a red herring for other insecurities you guys suffer from.

Imposing anything potentially invites rebellion - more so when it comes to very personal things such as Religion, language, and family. The more one is offended by imposition the more rebellious the person is.  
i dunno man. english imposition never evoked a REVOLUTION in you. i've been active in a whatsapp group of my school friends who are predominantly bengali, punjabi and marwari. not once has hindi imposition been discussed in the group though i am sure the bengalis, at least, hold their language close to their heart. but all i see here is hindi hindi hindi and that too when there are hardly any NIs here. it is nothing but a manifestation of some insecurity to me. my heartfelt apologies if some hindian stepped on your toe. give it time; it will heal. or, er, scratch that.

---
The words starting from "I dunno man" are of Huzefa Kapasi. They are taken from here:

https://such.forumotion.com/t18850-to-max#135209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next