Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle'

+10
Kayalvizhi
b_A
confuzzled dude
Propagandhi711
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
goodcitizn
Idéfix
Hellsangel
Vakavaka Pakapaka
14 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 11 Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle'

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:That is exactly what Rashmun and the people he quotes do NOT want. They want those millions of Hindians to remain illiterate. They would rather spend the money on their pet ideologies than on getting the most bang from the government buck -- which would be from teaching an illiterate to read and write.

at some point of time in the future, illiterates may have to be taught written english rather than written telugu or written hindi to get the most bang for the buck.

have you had any experience in education? do you have any notion of teaching basic language? have you ever interacted with an illiterate person? the things you say make me doubt whether you have even come across a person who is illiterate.

I don't think he cares. If I were a Bihari and realized that my state has an unemployment rate of nearly 10% as compared to 3.8% for all of India, and if my state's literacy rate is at a pathetic 63.8% compared to 74% overall for India, I'd be ashamed to see the small educational budget of the country (4.1% of GDP) further whittled down to set up prachar sabhas to educate southern indians who are doing significantly better in employment, literacy and fiscal strength, and not towards improving my own state's literacy.

since the Biharis are not complaining about the prachar sabha why don't you let the people in south india take full advantage of the sabha and learn another language?

So you really don't give a rat's behind about the literacy and economic plight of the hindi-belt states, do you? Does it occur to you that illiteracy is the greatest crime against humanity in today's world? Why are you so concerned about a literate south indian learning hindi than an illiterate hindian who is languishing in his own hindi-speaking state because there aren't govt-sponsored sabhas like DHPS to help him? Considering that half the country's population is below the age of 25, and considering that the hindi-belt represents over 40% of that population, wouldn't their future over the long haul be better served with literacy? You don't need to answer at all if you are going back to discuss about a chamberful of justices and their mindset.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 11 Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle'

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Rashmun, it looks like you prefer the term Bimari to refer to Hindi, than the term Hindian to refer to native Hindi speakers. I infer this from your muted response to my guruvu-gaaru on the thread where he used the word Bimari to refer to Hindi: https://such.forumotion.com/t9977-bhaiyyas-or-kv-s-friends#76048

So, would you prefer it if native Hindi speakers are referred to as Bimarians instead of Hindians? Please let me know. Thanks.

In my opinion a patriotic person would think of ways in which to make the Bimaru states Sukharu. An unpatriotic person will keep taking digs at the Bimaru states.
Are you calling my guruvu-gaaru unpatriotic? If so, feel free to tell him that. You still haven't answered my question though. Do you prefer the terms Bimari-Bimarian over Hindi-Hindian? I want to consider your sensibilities in how I refer to people, hence the question.

no i think sandilya is a patriotic person who is just having some fun. I find the Bimari-Bimarian terms funny in an ROFL kind of way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Rashmun, it looks like you prefer the term Bimari to refer to Hindi, than the term Hindian to refer to native Hindi speakers. I infer this from your muted response to my guruvu-gaaru on the thread where he used the word Bimari to refer to Hindi: https://such.forumotion.com/t9977-bhaiyyas-or-kv-s-friends#76048

So, would you prefer it if native Hindi speakers are referred to as Bimarians instead of Hindians? Please let me know. Thanks.

In my opinion a patriotic person would think of ways in which to make the Bimaru states Sukharu. An unpatriotic person will keep taking digs at the Bimaru states.
Are you calling my guruvu-gaaru unpatriotic? If so, feel free to tell him that. You still haven't answered my question though. Do you prefer the terms Bimari-Bimarian over Hindi-Hindian? I want to consider your sensibilities in how I refer to people, hence the question.

no i think sandilya is a patriotic person who is just having some fun. I find the Bimari-Bimarian terms funny in an ROFL kind of way.
You said you are annoyed by Hindian, and now you say Bimarian makes you laugh. Do you mean that you prefer Bimari-Bimarian over Hindi-Hindian?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Hindian has been defined by urban dictionary differently.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

You said you are annoyed by Hindian, and now you say Bimarian makes you laugh. Do you mean that you prefer Bimari-Bimarian over Hindi-Hindian?

it is your prerogative to use whichever term you wish to use. i would prefer the terms Hindi-Hindustani because they are the ones which correspond to reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Sorry, Hindustani does not mean "native Hindi speaker" in reality.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

panini press wrote:Sorry, Hindustani does not mean "native Hindi speaker" in reality.

It does. If your native language is Hindustani (spoken Hindi) then you are a Hindustani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Hindi-Urdu, also Hindustani (हिन्दुस्तानी, ہندوستانی, Hindustānī, IPA: [ɦɪ̃n̪d̪ʊsˈt̪aːni], literally: "of Hindustan"),[5] is an Indo-Aryan language and the lingua franca of North India and Pakistan.[6][7] and known historically, as Hindavi or Rekhta. It derives primarily from the Khariboli dialect of Delhi, and incorporates a large amount of vocabulary from Persian, Arabic, Sanskrit and Turkic.[8][9] It is a pluricentric language, with two official forms, Standard Hindi and Standard Urdu,[10] which are standardized registers of it. The colloquial languages are all but indistinguishable, and even the official standards are nearly identical in grammar, though they differ in literary conventions and in academic and technical vocabulary, with Urdu retaining stronger Persian, Central Asian and Arabic influences, and Hindi relying more heavily on Sanskrit.[11][12] Before the Partition of India, the terms Hindustani, Urdu, and Hindi were synonymous; all covered what would be called Urdu and Hindi today.[13] The term Hindustani is still used for the colloquial language and lingua franca of India and Pakistan, for example for the language of Bollywood films, as well as for several quite different varieties of Hindi spoken outside of the Subcontinent, such as Fijian Hindustani and the Caribbean Hindustani of Suriname and Trinidad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi-Urdu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Sorry, Hindustani does not mean "native Hindi speaker" in reality.

It does. If your native language is Hindustani (spoken Hindi) then you are a Hindustani.
The term Hindustani, when applied to a person, refers to a resident of Hindustan. In other words, the term Hindustani means Indian.

The definition you copy-pasted above is for the term Hindustani when applied to a language, not when applied to a person. Please do not confuse languages with people. It is one thing to do this with southern India and talk about the Kannadas you met in Bangalore and the Malayalams you had lunch with in Kerala, but at least for your own part of India, please don't fall prey to this confusion!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The term Hindustani, when applied to a person, refers to a resident of Hindustan. In other words, the term Hindustani means Indian.

The definition you copy-pasted above is for the term Hindustani when applied to a language, not when applied to a person. Please do not confuse languages with people. It is one thing to do this with southern India and talk about the Kannadas you met in Bangalore and the Malayalams you had lunch with in Kerala, but at least for your own part of India, please don't fall prey to this confusion!

The term Hindustani refers to an Indian in a wider sense. In the narrower sense it refers to someone whose first language is Hindustani.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Curiously, how do you call someone who speaks sindhi?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

a sindhi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The term Hindustani refers to an Indian in a wider sense. In the narrower sense it refers to someone whose first language is Hindustani.
This is something you are making up. Please post examples from literature where the word Hindustani is used to refer precisely to native Hindi speakers, not other Indians.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:51 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Sindhi is my best guess. Fortunately for native Sindhi speakers, the word Sindhi does not have any other meaning. Hindustani, OTOH, means "person from Hindustan" and it has been used widely in Hindi literature to refer to Indians.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm

panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Sindhi is my best guess. Fortunately for native Sindhi speakers, the word Sindhi does not have any other meaning. Hindustani, OTOH, means "person from Hindustan" and it has been used widely in Hindi literature to refer to Indians.

If a sindhi-speaker is a sindhi, why not a hindi-speaker a hindi?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:55 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Yeah, that is an alternative that can work. Master Rashmun, between Hindian, Bimarian and Hindi, which do you prefer?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:56 pm

panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:The term Hindustani, when applied to a person, refers to a resident of Hindustan. In other words, the term Hindustani means Indian.

Yeah, that is an alternative that can work. Master Rashmun, between Hindian, Bimarian and Hindi, which do you prefer?

Hindustani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:57 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

This is something you are making up. Please post examples from literature where the word Hindustani is used to refer precisely to native Hindi speakers, not other Indians.

See Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya's novel 'Charitraheen' for instance where a person from Uttar Pradesh is referred to as Hindustani and is distinguished from a Bengali whose first language is Bengali.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm

panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:The term Hindustani, when applied to a person, refers to a resident of Hindustan. In other words, the term Hindustani means Indian.

My bad, the choices are: Hindi, Bimari, Hindian, Bimarian. Hindustani is not a choice because it means something else. We should all endeavor to avoid confusion as much as possible.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm

panini press wrote:
panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

My bad, the choices are: Hindi, Bimari, Hindian, Bimarian. Hindustani is not a choice because it means something else. We should all endeavor to avoid confusion as much as possible.

You should take a poll about what the rest of 'us' prefer.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm

panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

If Hindustan means India, Hindustani means an Indian. Simple as that. If Sindhi, Gujarati etc represent both the language and its speakers, Hindi should fit. Or Duchini like konkani.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:06 pm

The Merriam-Webster dictionary has two meanings for the word Hindustani. As a noun, it refers to the language family. As an adjective, it means "Indian".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hindustani

2Hindustani adjective
Definition of HINDUSTANI

: of or relating to Hindustan or its people or Hindustani
First Known Use of HINDUSTANI

---

If we need an adjective to refer to native Hindi speakers, we need a word that is not habitually confused with "Indian." So Hindustani doesn't cut it as an adjective for native Hindi speakers.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm

panini press wrote:The Merriam-Webster dictionary has two meanings for the word Hindustani. As a noun, it refers to the language family. As an adjective, it means "Indian".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hindustani

2Hindustani adjective
Definition of HINDUSTANI

: of or relating to Hindustan or its people or Hindustani
First Known Use of HINDUSTANI

---

If we need an adjective to refer to native Hindi speakers, we need a word that is not habitually confused with "Indian." So Hindustani doesn't cut it as an adjective for native Hindi speakers.

I think we should either punt on this one or poll the rikshawalahs, brick-layers, janitors and bus conductors in Saidapet who are proficient in Dachini.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Hindian make perfect sense here.

Tamil - Tamilian
Hindi - Hindian
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Hindian make perfect sense here.

Tamil - Tamilian
Hindi - Hindian

I think it is quite acceptable for that reason. Gets right to the point.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

KV may have had a political motive in using the term. in my mind, that in and of itself doesn't poison it. hindian is perfect to refer to a hindi speaker. and if the term gains currency it also makes the subtle point that not all indians are hindi speakers.

it is also useful to refer to fijians, mauritians, and ghanaians who are hindi speakers.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:29 pm

incidentally, how does this hindi sound to indian ears?

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:30 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:hindian is perfect to refer to a hindi speaker.
In my experience, Indians instantly understand what I mean when I use this term. When someone says, "I haven't heard that word before," I explain that like Tamilian is to Tamil, Hindian is to Hindi. The benefits of using the word, as you listed, are quite clear.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:

i never refer to myself as a hindustani. i also don't like using the word hindustan for india, patriotic songs notwithstanding. we have to cut through this subtle, unstated but very much cleverly implied linking of things like citizenship and nationhood to speaking hindi. there is a reason why rashmun likes hindustani to refer to an indian and hindustan to refer to the nation. that is precisely why those of us who want to de-link the expectation of speaking hindi with being indian want to get rid of it. sooner the better.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i never refer to myself as a hindustani. i also don't like using the word hindustan for india, patriotic songs notwithstanding.

I think its politically incorrect to use "Hindustan" since it implies "Hindu Place", totally inappropriate for a secular country.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:42 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i never refer to myself as a hindustani. i also don't like using the word hindustan for india, patriotic songs notwithstanding.

I think its politically incorrect to use "Hindustan" since it implies "Hindu Place", totally inappropriate for a secular country.

that's the other reason.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

See Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya's novel 'Charitraheen' for instance where a person from Uttar Pradesh is referred to as Hindustani and is distinguished from a Bengali whose first language is Bengali.

Sorry, it is in Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya's 'Srikanta' that a person from UP is referred to as Hindustani. The context is this: Srikanta, a bengali, is in the vicinity of Benaras on a visit and is bitten by mosquitos. He then curses and comments that the skin of a bengali is softer and more delicate than the skin of a Hindustani.

Your poll is not valid because most voters on this forum are south indians. It is like north indians wanting to change the name of hyderabad to something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

that's the other reason.

Saare Jahan se accha, Hindustaan hamaara was written by a muslim poet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Sorry, it is in Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya's 'Srikanta' that a person from UP is referred to as Hindustani. The context is this: Srikanta, a bengali, is in the vicinity of Benaras on a visit and is bitten by mosquitos. He then curses and comments that the skin of a bengali is softer and more delicate than the skin of a Hindustani.

Your poll is not valid because most voters on this forum are south indians. It is like north indians wanting to change the name of hyderabad to something else.

But if you really insist on referring to UPites by some term other than Hindustani, than that term would have to be Hindi. The problem is that even the word 'Hindi' stands for a language but it also stands for all the people in India. For instance:

mażhab nahīñ sikhātā āpas meñ bair rakhnā
hindī haiñ ham, vat̤an hai hindostāñ hamārā

That is why it is said that Hindi (or Hindustani) is the national language because it is prevalent all over India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Your problems with logic surface again. The problem with Hindustani and Hindi are clear: they mean other things than "native Hindi speaker." There was no language called Hindi or Hindustani even 200 years ago. The people of the so-called Bimaru states all had different language names (Awadhi, Braj bhasha, Khariboli, Urdu, etc.) So they basically took the name of the country in their language (Hind or Hindustan) and tried to use that for their language family. That doesn't mean that it's a "national language." It is not "prevalent all over India." This is where you fail at logic.

Hindian perfectly solves the problem of having a word that precisely refers to native Hindi speakers. It doesn't mean all Indians; it is closely linked to the name of the language Hindi.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 pm

panini press wrote:Your problems with logic surface again. The problem with Hindustani and Hindi are clear: they mean other things than "native Hindi speaker." There was no language called Hindi or Hindustani even 200 years ago. The people of the so-called Bimaru states all had different language names (Awadhi, Braj bhasha, Khariboli, Urdu, etc.) So they basically took the name of the country in their language (Hind or Hindustan) and tried to use that for their language family. That doesn't mean that it's a "national language." It is not "prevalent all over India." This is where you fail at logic.

Hindian perfectly solves the problem of having a word that precisely refers to native Hindi speakers. It doesn't mean all Indians; it is closely linked to the name of the language Hindi.

It is Hindi speakers who get to choose the term by which they are to be referred as and not telugus or tamils.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Your problems with logic surface again. The problem with Hindustani and Hindi are clear: they mean other things than "native Hindi speaker." There was no language called Hindi or Hindustani even 200 years ago. The people of the so-called Bimaru states all had different language names (Awadhi, Braj bhasha, Khariboli, Urdu, etc.) So they basically took the name of the country in their language (Hind or Hindustan) and tried to use that for their language family. That doesn't mean that it's a "national language." It is not "prevalent all over India." This is where you fail at logic.

It is Hindi speakers who get to choose the term by which they are to be referred as and not telugus or tamils.
I am a Hindi speaker. In fact, you have said in the past that my Hindi is better than yours. So I am in a better position to choose the term than you are. Deala no deala?

Also, we all know that Telugus got together way back one day and decided that they want to be referred to as Gultis. Same with Tamilians and the word Thambis. Hindians are just a few decades behind them in development, and are on the verge of deciding between the terms Hindian, Bimarian and Bimari.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:30 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I am a Hindi speaker. In fact, you have said in the past that my Hindi is better than yours. So I am in a better position to choose the term than you are. Deala no deala?

Also, we all know that Telugus got together way back one day and decided that they want to be referred to as Gultis. Same with Tamilians and the word Thambis.

No no no. When i say Hindi speakers i mean people whose first language is Hindi. After all they are the ones who are being referred to. Hence a telugu or a zulu or an eskimo need not concern himself with how hindi speakers should be referred as.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:No no no. When i say Hindi speakers i mean people whose first language is Hindi.
See, this is the sort of unnecessary confusion that often occurs with Hindi. And we can solve it by using the word Hindian. You can be part of the solution by voting in the poll and helping us make a choice.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Hindi Bhavan inaugurated at Nagarjuna University

Staff Reporter
GUNTUR: Guntur - Tenali - Vijayawada was the heartland of renowned Hindi writers and poets, who got recognition among those who contributed to promotion of Hindi as a national language, said Hindi Academy Chairman Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad while inaugurating Hindi Bhavan on Acharya Nagarjuna University Campus on Thursday. Formally declaring the Rs.55-lakh building open, Mr. Lakhsmi Prasad promised to turn this Hindi Bhavan as nerve centre of activities related to promotion of the language in the State. He also promised to sanction Rs.2 lakh for a library in the new building.

http://www.hindu.com/2008/05/02/stories/2008050255540500.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy initiated the concept of propaganda of Hindi language.In order to encourage Telugu people to write scripts that would reflect Telugu language, culture in National Level.
Keeping this in view this great concept, Parliamentary Official Language Vice-Chairman – Ex Parliament Chairman – Andhra University Hindi Department Chairman – Acharya Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad has re-started Andhra Pradesh Hindi Academy. It was inaugurated by Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy.

http://aphindiacademy.org/e-home.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Andhra Pradesh - Vijayawada

Hindi Academy unveils big plans

Staff Reporter

Rs. 48 lakhs allocated for promotion of language

Post-graduate course in Hindi introduced in ANU
Academy to encourage Hindi poets in the State
The future plans include study tours for students
VIJAYAWADA: As part of promoting Hindi in coastal region, a post-graduate course in the language has been introduced in Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), says chairman of Andhra Pradesh Hindi Academy Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad.

Addressing a meeting at Andhra Loyola College here on Wednesday as part of Hindi Divas (Hindi Divas falls on September 14) celebrations by the college, Prof. Prasad said Hindi-lovers could now pursue a post-graduate course in the national language. "Learning a new language always benefits the learner, not the language," he pointed out.

He said Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy was keen on promoting the language and had allocated Rs. 48 lakhs for the purpose to the academy.

Hindi Bhavan

Prof. Prasad said the ANU proposed to construct a separate Hindi Bhavan for which it had received donations to the tune of Rs. 25 lakhs from different northern States (Rs. 10 lakhs each from the State Governments of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and Rs. 5 lakhs from Chhattisgarh). The academy would also encourage Hindi poets in the State by extending them grants for publishing their works. Its other focus areas would be to extend post-matric scholarships to students opting to pursue a course in the language and propagate other schemes introduced for this section of students.

Study tours for students to the Hindi land in order to familiarise them with their lifestyle also formed part of the future plans of the academy, he said.

Powerful tool

Language could be used as a powerful tool to begin an impressive conversation with strangers. He said students of this State might face a lot of problem because of their poor knowledge of Hindi language. He said in this modern age, one could not afford to lag behind due to lack of proper knowledge of a language.

"After completing your studies, if your job takes you to the northern States, you might feel powerless in the area of communication," he warned and said all should contribute their mite in promoting the national language.

Principal S. Immanuel, head of the Hindi department V. Vallabha Rao and others were present.

http://www.hindu.com/2006/09/14/stories/2006091405290200.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

that's the other reason.

Saare Jahan se accha, Hindustaan hamaara was written by a muslim poet.

irrelevant.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Rashmun wrote:Hindi Bhavan inaugurated at Nagarjuna University

Staff Reporter
GUNTUR: Guntur - Tenali - Vijayawada was the heartland of renowned Hindi writers and poets, who got recognition among those who contributed to promotion of Hindi as a national language, said Hindi Academy Chairman Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad while inaugurating Hindi Bhavan on Acharya Nagarjuna University Campus on Thursday. Formally declaring the Rs.55-lakh building open, Mr. Lakhsmi Prasad promised to turn this Hindi Bhavan as nerve centre of activities related to promotion of the language in the State. He also promised to sanction Rs.2 lakh for a library in the new building.

http://www.hindu.com/2008/05/02/stories/2008050255540500.htm
Have you forgotten your dotty training?

https://such.forumotion.com/t2512-andhra-pradesh-guntur-tenali-vijaywada-the-heartland-of-renowned-hindi-writers-and-poets-yarlagadda-lakshmi-prasad
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy initiated the concept of propaganda of Hindi language.In order to encourage Telugu people to write scripts that would reflect Telugu language, culture in National Level.
Keeping this in view this great concept, Parliamentary Official Language Vice-Chairman – Ex Parliament Chairman – Andhra University Hindi Department Chairman – Acharya Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad has re-started Andhra Pradesh Hindi Academy. It was inaugurated by Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy.

Chandrababu Naidu is learning Hindi and giving speech in it. I know KCR knows hindi since i have heard him speaking in the language. YSR was also in favor of propagating Hindi. I am touched by the affection shown by Telugu leaders for the Hindi language.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr. Y S Rajashekara Reddy initiated the concept of propaganda of Hindi language.In order to encourage Telugu people to write scripts that would reflect Telugu language, culture in National Level.

A point to note is that the andhra pradesh hindi academy has been set up by the state govt of AP and not the central govt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 11 15VZVIJCITYREG2HIND_287671f

“In this era of information explosion, we face a major challenge of creating a knowledge society. Adaptation of the rapid changes witnessed in the education sector is essential to meet this challenge,” says Shashi Bhushan, Joint Secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).

In his key note at the 13th State-level Visharad Convocation of the Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar (DBHP) Sabha – Andhra, here on Sunday, Mr. Bhushan said the forethought of those at the helm of the Prachar Sabha in recognising the need to embrace changes in the system was praiseworthy.

Against this backdrop, the mode of distance education had received wide acceptance across the world and in a country like India, this mode was an effective tool to take education to the doorstep of people at the grassroot level.

He said the Prachar Sabha not only identified the usefulness of the programme but took adequate steps for their implementation in the most successful way. Mr. Bhushan recalled the famous lines of Swami Vivekananda who said: “Why should not be education taken from door-to-door. If the poor boy cannot come to education, education must go to him.”

Gandhi's dream

Complimenting the Prachar Sabha for what he called ‘carrying forward the dream of the Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi who had emphasised the need for using Hindi language to promote harmony and integrity among diverse communities.

President and Chancellor of DBHP Sabha, Madras, V. S. Malimath, said the Sabha had been rendering great service for the last 93 years in propagating Hindi language among people of non-Hindi sates of southern India.

Andhra Pradesh had the unique distinction of having the largest number of people familiar with Hindi language. He attributed it to the erstwhile Hyderabad State where education was imparted in Urdu language which was close to Hindi.

Recalling that the Sabha was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in 1918 to ensure emotional integration of the people of this large country consisting of people speaking different languages, he said people of Andhra Pradesh deserved praise for enthusiastically involving themselves in teaching and propagating the national language.

He said besides teaching Hindi, the Prachar Sabha's curriculum included other subjects like mass media, multi-media, library science, computer application and management

He said teaching programmes were formulated bearing in mind the need to prepare the students for gainful employment.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Vijayawada/use-hindi-as-a-binding-force/article887633.ece

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:
In his key note at the 13th State-level Visharad Convocation of the Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar (DBHP) Sabha – Andhra, here on Sunday, Mr. Bhushan said the forethought of those at the helm of the Prachar Sabha in recognising the need to embrace changes in the system was praiseworthy.

Complimenting the Prachar Sabha for what he called ‘carrying forward the dream of the Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi who had emphasised the need for using Hindi language to promote harmony and integrity among diverse communities.

President and Chancellor of DBHP Sabha, Madras, V. S. Malimath, said the Sabha had been rendering great service for the last 93 years in propagating Hindi language among people of non-Hindi sates of southern India.

Andhra Pradesh had the unique distinction of having the largest number of people familiar with Hindi language. He attributed it to the erstwhile Hyderabad State where education was imparted in Urdu language which was close to Hindi.

Recalling that the Sabha was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in 1918 to ensure emotional integration of the people of this large country consisting of people speaking different languages, he said people of Andhra Pradesh deserved praise for enthusiastically involving themselves in teaching and propagating the national language.

He said besides teaching Hindi, the Prachar Sabha's curriculum included other subjects like mass media, multi-media, library science, computer application and management

He said teaching programmes were formulated bearing in mind the need to prepare the students for gainful employment.

1. Wrong prachar. Hindi is not the national language. The people of Andhra Pradesh are not propagating the myth, only DBHPS is the culprit.

2. Looks like DBHPS is meandering away from Hindi to other fields in Hinglish medium. Time to change its name to Dakshin Bimarian Hinglish Promulgating Shindy.

Last edited by goodcitizn on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 pm

rofl @ Dakshin Bimarian Hinglish Promulgating Shindy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

die, thread, die!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next