Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle'

+10
Kayalvizhi
b_A
confuzzled dude
Propagandhi711
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
goodcitizn
Idéfix
Hellsangel
Vakavaka Pakapaka
14 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 2 Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle'

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:I speak both Hyderabadi and Telugu; you do neither. And I am the fake!

You also know Hindi, which is a variant of Hyderabadi, and yet your emotional attachment is neither for Hyderabadi Dakhini nor for Hindi but for Telugu. Only a fake person would insult and abuse the lingua franca of Hyderabad. So yes, you are not a genuine Hyderabadi.

Also, Hyderabadi is a very minor variation of Hindi. The variation is so minor that i can claim to be a Hyderabadi (i.e. Hyderabadi Dakhini) speaker myself.

Some examples of Hyderabadi which show that there is very minor difference between Hyderabadi and Hindi (the variation being so minor that a native Hindi speaker can also claim to be a Hyderabadi speaker):

Meeting People

What is your name? Aap ka Naam kya hai
My name is John? Mera naam John hai
Where do you come from? Aap kahan se aaye ho
I came from Australia Mein Australia se aaya hoon
How are you? Aap kaise hai
Thank you Shukriya
Happy Ramzan Ramzan Mubarak Ho
Happy Holi Holi Mubarak Ho
May I take your Photograph? Kya mein aapki foto le sakta hoon
Yes Haan
No Nahin
Good Acha
I am tired Mein Thakgaya Hoon
I am happy Mein Khush Hoon
I love Hyderabad Mujhe Hyderabad Bahut Pasand
I understand a little Hindi Mein thodi Hindi janta hoon
Goodbye Phir Milenge
Getting around

Where can I catch the bus to (Charminar)? (Charminar) ke liye bus kahan milegi
Does this bus go to (Charminar)? Kya ye bus (Charminar) jati hai?
Have we arrived in (Charmiar)? Kya hum (Charminar) pahunch gaye?
How much to (Charminar)? (Charminar) ke liye kitna?
Drive Slowly Dheere Chalao
Eating and Drinking

I am hungry Mujhe Bhook lag rahi hai
I am thirsty Mujhe Pyaas lag rahi hai
Water Paani
No ice Baraf nahi
No sugar Shakkar nahi
Not spicy Teekha nahi
Food is good Khana Acha Hai

http://www.hyderabadplanet.com/hyderabad-language.html

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 2 Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle'

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:we have all tilted at this particular windmill to no avail. however, what i always find galling is not that rashmun pushes the hindi agenda (under other guises like the fowl language which he discovered some two years ago); that is something many of his ilk tend to do. no, what i really find galling is his incessant and noisy flatulence about languages he has no clue about - tamil, telugu, and even persian. most people who argue with him about lingustic issues can speak at least one language more than he can, often two. many know more sanskrit in fact than he has ever cared to learn. and yet he feels no shame in spouting off. in this regard he is no different from that other tenuous connectionist from sulekha.

It is not enough to know a language. One must be free to analyze the language in a detached, neutral, and an impartial way. So for instance Charvaka is wrong when he thinks that Hyderabadi has fundamental differences with Hindi. It does not. It has only minor differences with Hindi (strictly speaking Hindustani). I cannot communicate with somebody who knows only bhojpuri or Awadhi (which are hindi dialects), but i can communicate with someone who knows only Hyderabadi.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Dakhini is foreign to Tamil.

No it is not. Tamil has many words of hindustani/dakhini origin (like the word 'shabaash'). That is why people like Max wish to purge all such words from Tamil to obtain some kind of a 'Pure Tamil' language.

In Tamil, there is no "SH" sound. Shabaash is not a Tamil word. In fact, most rural Tamilians can't use their tongue to utter the "sh" sound.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Rashmun wrote:

It is not enough to know a language.

it may not be enough, but it is at least necessary to know it reasonably well before you open your mouth. otherwise what will emerge is not intelligence but noxious and noisy flatulence.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:38 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

No it is not. Tamil has many words of hindustani/dakhini origin (like the word 'shabaash'). That is why people like Max wish to purge all such words from Tamil to obtain some kind of a 'Pure Tamil' language.

In Tamil, there is no "SH" sound. Shabaash is not a Tamil word. In fact, most rural Tamilians can't use their tongue to utter the "sh" sound.

I have head the word 'shabaash' used in a tamil television program i.e. the word was used in a tamil conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

it may not be enough, but it is at least necessary to know it reasonably well before you open your mouth. otherwise what will emerge is not intelligence but noxious and noisy flatulence.

I studied Hindi up till my class 12. I think i am competent to judge the fact that Hindi and Hyderabadi have only minor variations --something that Charvaka denies. In my opinion it is possible to emit noxious and noisy flatulence despite having a knowledge of the language as in the case of Charvaka and his claim that Hyderabadi is not a minor variation of Hindi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I have head the word 'shabaash' used in a tamil television program i.e. the word was used in a tamil conversation.

This program is available on youtube. I could give the link if you wish although i would have to dig it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:44 pm

So now 'Vethal/Bethal' climbs back to the 'Murungai Maram' ? What you say in Hindi for 'Murungai Maram'?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:I speak both Hyderabadi and Telugu; you do neither. And I am the fake!

You also know Hindi, which is a variant of Hyderabadi, and yet your emotional attachment is neither for Hyderabadi Dakhini nor for Hindi but for Telugu. Only a fake person would insult and abuse the lingua franca of Hyderabad. So yes, you are not a genuine Hyderabadi.

Also, Hyderabadi is a very minor variation of Hindi. The variation is so minor that i can claim to be a Hyderabadi (i.e. Hyderabadi Dakhini) speaker myself.

Some examples of Hyderabadi which show that there is very minor difference between Hyderabadi and Hindi (the variation being so minor that a native Hindi speaker can also claim to be a Hyderabadi speaker):

Meeting People

What is your name? Aap ka Naam kya hai
My name is John? Mera naam John hai
Where do you come from? Aap kahan se aaye ho
I came from Australia Mein Australia se aaya hoon
How are you? Aap kaise hai
Thank you Shukriya
Happy Ramzan Ramzan Mubarak Ho
Happy Holi Holi Mubarak Ho
May I take your Photograph? Kya mein aapki foto le sakta hoon
Yes Haan
No Nahin
Good Acha
I am tired Mein Thakgaya Hoon
I am happy Mein Khush Hoon
I love Hyderabad Mujhe Hyderabad Bahut Pasand
I understand a little Hindi Mein thodi Hindi janta hoon
Goodbye Phir Milenge
Getting around

Where can I catch the bus to (Charminar)? (Charminar) ke liye bus kahan milegi
Does this bus go to (Charminar)? Kya ye bus (Charminar) jati hai?
Have we arrived in (Charmiar)? Kya hum (Charminar) pahunch gaye?
How much to (Charminar)? (Charminar) ke liye kitna?
Drive Slowly Dheere Chalao
Eating and Drinking

I am hungry Mujhe Bhook lag rahi hai
I am thirsty Mujhe Pyaas lag rahi hai
Water Paani
No ice Baraf nahi
No sugar Shakkar nahi
Not spicy Teekha nahi
Food is good Khana Acha Hai

http://www.hyderabadplanet.com/hyderabad-language.html

A Hyderabadi may ask 'What about "Kaiku"'? The answer is that Kaiku is obtained by joining the words "Kaahe Ko".

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

you should stop worrying about other indians and start worrying about yourself. you have an express need to learn tamil because of your impending marriage to a tamil woman. statements like, "they know hindi" or "they know english" will be summarily dismissed. learning tamil is important to demonstrate commitment and will buy you many brownie points from the in-laws. do it now. the rest of india can wait. your happiness cannot.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:you should stop worrying about other indians and start worrying about yourself. you have an express need to learn tamil because of your impending marriage to a tamil woman. statements like, "they know hindi" or "they know english" will be summarily dismissed. learning tamil is important to demonstrate commitment and will buy you many brownie points from the in-laws. do it now. the rest of india can wait. your happiness cannot.

He is happy living his life on forums online and preaching his beliefs. Let him be.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

This program is available on youtube. I could give the link if you wish although i would have to dig it up.

There are a lot of English words also used in Tamil TV programs. Based on your logic, Tamil is automatically an English language. Colloquial Tamil has words from all kinds of languages but they don't belong in Tamil literature. Tamil bears no resemblance nor has any relationship to Dhakini, Zucchini or Lamborghini. EOD.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I studied Hindi up till my class 12. I think i am competent to judge the fact that Hindi and Hyderabadi have only minor variations --something that Charvaka denies. In my opinion it is possible to emit noxious and noisy flatulence despite having a knowledge of the language as in the case of Charvaka and his claim that Hyderabadi is not a minor variation of Hindi.

SH which is a minor variation of SSSHHH is the sound when SWIHs emit noxious and noisy flatulence.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Rashmun wrote:your emotional attachment is neither for Hyderabadi Dakhini nor for Hindi but for Telugu.
Hahaha, now you are the expert on my emotions, too!

Rashmun wrote:Only a fake person
Tut tut, I am not only a fake Hyderabadi, I am also a fake person! I expect I will disappear in a puff of smoke soon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:i can claim to be a Hyderabadi (i.e. Hyderabadi Dakhini) speaker myself.
Congratulations!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Rashmun wrote:Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 2 K-rosaiah_3

The scholarly K.Rosaiah

Which kind?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:your emotional attachment is neither for Hyderabadi Dakhini nor for Hindi but for Telugu.
Hahaha, now you are the expert on my emotions, too!

Rashmun wrote:Only a fake person
Tut tut, I am not only a fake Hyderabadi, I am also a fake person! I expect I will disappear in a puff of smoke soon.

I give below what a genuine Hyderabadi whose family has lived in Hyderabad for more than four generations says about Dakhini. Compare and Contrast what he says with what you say about Dakhini. On the basis of the comparison my claim is that you are a Fake Hyderabadi. Your tribal loyalty is to the tiny district in Telangana which you keep talking about. Nothing would make you happier than to see Telugu replace Hyderabadi as the lingua franca of Hyderabad.

------
In an article in Outlook magazine titled 'Quo Vadis, Hyderabad?', Bakhtiar Dadabhoy writes: Whatever happens, the Dakhini in their souls will unite the people of this city.

Dadabhoy, it is mentioned at the end of the article, is a civil servant whose family has lived in Hyderabad for over four generations. By Dakhini he is referring to the Dakhini language, whose variant Hyderabadi or Hyderabadi Dakhini, is the lingua franca of Hyderabad. By 'whatever happens' he is referring to the agitation for a separate Telangana state to be carved out of Andhra Pradesh (with Hyderabad as its capital), with some suggesting that the city be made a union territory if a division of the state indeed takes place. The questions is: why do a few self-proclaimed hyderabadis go around poking fun at Dakhini to the extent that they refer to it as Duckini or Duckini-Cluckini. One can understand a Tamil or a Kannadiga or a North Indian making fun of Dakhini, but why should a Hyderabadi make fun of a language which is the lingua franca of his city? The answer seems to be this: These people have only recently moved to Hyderabad city--either they have moved themselves or their parents have moved. They have failed to absorb the cultural ethos of the city and remain culturally and emotionally connected to the village or town or city in AP in which their families resided for a long time and where they still might own some property. They may even visit these ancestral places from time to time. In my opinion, these people are not genuine Hyderabadis, but fake Hyderabadis. They may enjoy gobbling down Hyderabadi food like Haleem and Hyderabadi biryani, but their contempt for the lingua franca of the city means that genuine Hyderabadis will continue to resent these 'outsiders' who have failed to integrate themselves with Hyderabadi culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

There are a lot of English words also used in Tamil TV programs. Based on your logic, Tamil is automatically an English language. Colloquial Tamil has words from all kinds of languages but they don't belong in Tamil literature. Tamil bears no resemblance nor has any relationship to Dhakini, Zucchini or Lamborghini. EOD.

This was a tamil television serial. The characters were talking to each other in tamil. My point is that there exist hindustani words in tamil. This is not surprising considering the Nawabs of Arcot ruled over large parts of TN for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 2 K-rosaiah_3

The scholarly K.Rosaiah

Which kind?

He is a polyglot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Rashmun wrote:Nothing would make you happier than to see Telugu replace Hyderabadi as the lingua franca of Hyderabad.
You know all about my feelings!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Nothing would make you happier than to see Telugu replace Hyderabadi as the lingua franca of Hyderabad.

Isn't it obvious considering that you ridicule the language which Dadabhoy says unites the souls of all Hyderabadis?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:you should stop worrying about other indians and start worrying about yourself. you have an express need to learn tamil because of your impending marriage to a tamil woman. statements like, "they know hindi" or "they know english" will be summarily dismissed. learning tamil is important to demonstrate commitment and will buy you many brownie points from the in-laws. do it now. the rest of india can wait. your happiness cannot.

i think the easiest way to learn tamil would be to live for an extended time in TN. And that is not possible right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:

i think the easiest way to learn tamil would be to live for an extended time in TN. And that is not possible right now.
Perhaps not the easiest, but certainly the most effective, way for you to learn Tamil would be to stop making excuses.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:34 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Perhaps not the easiest, but certainly the most effective, way for you to learn Tamil would be to stop making excuses.

Have you learnt Bengali? Has she learnt Telugu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

Isn't it obvious considering that you ridicule the language which Dadabhoy says unites the souls of all Hyderabadis?
I don't ridicule the Hyderabadi language at all. I ridicule attempts to further political agendas by exploiting it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

I don't ridicule the Hyderabadi language at all. I ridicule attempts to further political agendas by exploiting it.

No you are specifically ridiculing the Hyderabadi Dakhini language when you refer to it as Duckini-Cluckini. The reason you do this is because your tribal loyalty is not with Hyderabad but with the tiny district in Telangana where you come from and about which you are often talk about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Yes, I can read and write Bangla. I can understand most spoken Bangla, and I can speak enough Bangla to have conversations with older relations who do not speak Hindi or English. My interest in languages is not for furthering any political agendas; I like learning them and understanding their histories.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

No you are specifically ridiculing the Hyderabadi Dakhini language when you refer to it as Duckini-Cluckini. The reason you do this is because your tribal loyalty is not with Hyderabad but with the tiny district in Telangana where you come from and about which you are often talk about.
You are wrong.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Yes, I can read and write Bangla. I can understand most spoken Bangla, and I can speak enough Bangla to have conversations with older relations who do not speak Hindi or English. My interest in languages is not for furthering any political agendas; I like learning them and understanding their histories.

Of course the fact that you spent at least four years in Bengal and subsequently married a Bengali girl must have helped. Does she know any Telugu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:

In case you still didn't get it, he is specifically ridiculing you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I do not know Bengali but i have read Bengali literature in Hindi (and also english) translation, in particular the stories and novels of Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya. Srikanta, Devdas, and Charitraheen are his novels which i enjoyed the most. In my opinion language is an important aspect of a culture but it is not the only aspect of a culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I am Panini Press, and I approve this message. I am also happy to release this additional clarification.

To Whomsoever It May Concern

I, Panini Press (hereinafter referred to as "PP"), do hereby solemnly swear that my usage of the phrase Duckini-Cluckini (hereinafter referred to as "The Phrase") is expressly with the intent of mocking, ridiculing and disparaging the language-related views of one honorable Rashmun (hereinafter referred to as "Master Rashmun"). PP's use of The Phrase in its entirely, or its two constituent words individually (i.e. "Duckini" and "Cluckini"), are express attempts to specifically and particularly ridicule the theories advanced regarding the languages of southern India by Master Rashmun.

Sd.,
Panini Press

Last edited by panini press on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:Of course the fact that you spent at least four years in Bengal and subsequently married a Bengali girl must have helped.
Again, stop making excuses!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

panini press wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I am Panini Press, and I approve this message. I am also happy to release this additional clarification.

To Whomsoever It May Concern

I, Panini Press (hereinafter referred to as "PP"), do hereby solemnly swear that my usage of the phrase Duckini-Cluckini (hereinafter referred to as "The Phrase" is expressly with the intent of mocking, ridiculing and disparaging the language-related views of one honorable Rashmun (hereinafter referred to as "Master Rashmun"). PP's use of The Phrase in its entirely, or its two constituent words individually (i.e. "Duckini" and "Cluckini"), are express attempts to ridicule the theories advanced regarding the languages of southern India by Master Rashmun.

Sd.,
Panini Press
I love playing tag-team with my slave.

*Corrected*

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:I do not know Bengali but i have read Bengali literature in Hindi (and also english) translation, in particular the stories and novels of Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya. Srikanta, Devdas, and Charitraheen are his novels which i enjoyed the most. In my opinion language is an important aspect of a culture but it is not the only aspect of a culture.

the only indian language you know is hindi. do you not see the irony of YOU preaching about learning another indian language to a group of indians, most of whom know at least one indian language more than you?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Of course the fact that you spent at least four years in Bengal and subsequently married a Bengali girl must have helped.

you are still not replying as to whether she speaks Telugu. Do you keep telling her the same thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

you are still not replying as to whether she speaks Telugu. Do you keep telling her the same thing?

his wife is not arguing with you. he is.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:I do not know Bengali but i have read Bengali literature in Hindi (and also english) translation, in particular the stories and novels of Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya. Srikanta, Devdas, and Charitraheen are his novels which i enjoyed the most. In my opinion language is an important aspect of a culture but it is not the only aspect of a culture.
Andhra Pradesh: 'Hindi played a key role in the freedom struggle' - Page 2 Goalposts
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

the only indian language you know is hindi. do you not see the irony of YOU preaching about learning another indian language to a group of indians, most of whom know at least one indian language more than you?

Do you think Gandhiji, himself a Gujarati, did not think of this when he established Dakshin Bharat Prachar Sabha to spread and propagate Hindi in South India?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

That is the precise reason I did not answer that irrelevant question. Suffice it to say that some of my older relations do not know any language other than Telugu, and she can converse with them.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Do you think Gandhiji, himself a Gujarati, did not think of this when he established Dakshin Bharat Prachar Sabha to spread and propagate Hindi in South India?

i am not arguing with gandhiji. i am arguing with you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

He spent several years in Bengal and so picked up rudimentary Bengali. He married a Bengali and his Bengali became better. The question is: His wife presumably never lived in AP and so she presumably does not know telugu. I think his wife is the one i should be judged against, and not him since i did not live in TN for an extended period of time nor did his wife presumably live in AP for an extended period of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

LOL@the grandiosity. in any case, mohandas karamchand is LDMF while you are SWIH

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i am not arguing with gandhiji. i am arguing with you.

The problem is the question of link language for all Indians. We need to have a link language. Presumably this is why Gandhiji established the Dakshin Bharat Prachar Sabha. Moreover, tamilians are learning Hindi in record numbers. They have realized that the anti-hindi propaganda was all bogus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Gandhiji made some mistakes, just like you did. For instance, Gandhiji believed that India should eschew industrialization. He also had strange views about the role of women. All of which amounts to a hill of beans, just like his views on Hindi.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

He spent several years in Bengal and so picked up rudimentary Bengali. He married a Bengali and his Bengali became better. The question is: His wife presumably never lived in AP and so she presumably does not know telugu. I think his wife is the one i should be judged against, and not him since i did not live in TN for an extended period of time nor did his wife presumably live in AP for an extended period of time.

As mentioned earlier, i was told by someone in Vellore that i would pick up rudimentary tamil if i stayed in TN continuously for at least three months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:He spent several years in Bengal and so picked up rudimentary Bengali. He married a Bengali and his Bengali became better. The question is: His wife presumably never lived in AP and so she presumably does not know telugu. I think his wife is the one i should be judged against, and not him since i did not live in TN for an extended period of time nor did his wife presumably live in AP for an extended period of time.
Your presumptions are wrong. Also, stop making excuses! Get yourself a Tamil teacher and learn the language pronto.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Gandhiji made some mistakes, just like you did. For instance, Gandhiji believed that India should eschew industrialization. He also had strange views about the role of women. All of which amounts to a hill of beans, just like his views on Hindi.

Agreed. Gandhiji did make mistakes. But he was spot on when he established the Dakshin Bharat Prachar Sabha. Tamils today are learning hindi in record numbers from this organization. Gandhiji has to be thanked for setting up this organization.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Moreover, tamilians are learning Hindi in record numbers.

good for them and they are doing all this without any help from you. perhaps you should consider to kindly STFU. note i am saying this very politely without intruding on your first amendment privileges.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Again, stop making excuses!

As mentioned earlier, i was told by someone in Vellore that i would pick up rudimentary tamil if i stayed in TN continuously for at least three months.
When I stayed in Korea for three weeks, I was told by two people that I could would pick up good Korean if I stayed there continuously for three months.

I am going to consider myself fluent in Korean from now on. (Note that the support for my Korean-abilities is 100% more than your Tamil-abilities.)
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next