Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its a shame!

+6
FluteHolder
bw
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
Idéfix
TruthSeeker
10 posters

Go down

Its a shame! Empty Its a shame!

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Happy New Year guys.

Its a shame that narrow minded SIs dominate this site, while Sulekha has gone to dogs - thanks to its yet another greedy gulti owner with no ethics or guts.

I wish there was at least ONE site for NRIs which had NIs.

I am personally tired of telling folks that Sangeet is not Sangeeth.

But then... Umm - May God keep U all happy here.

Merlot and Maxi and that Ganjedi Huzefa... Geez!

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Its a shame! Empty Re: Its a shame!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Happy New Year TS

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Happy new year, TS. It is good that you are here to increase the representation of NIs on this forum.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Too many Hindians. Time they got a chief.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 pm

finally time for a real northindian mardh to take control. welcome TS.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 pm

TS, you the real one? prove it! i say, PROVE it! Uff!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi TS:)

So I can ask a Hindian question? If one is visiting Pandharpur (somewhere in interior Maharashtra), Mumbaiya Hindi is enough to getby or have to know Shud Hindi or Marathi?

Also how is the scene in Kolkotta? English and Mumbaiya Hindi would be enough?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Happy New Year guys.

Its a shame that narrow minded SIs dominate this site, while Sulekha has gone to dogs - thanks to its yet another greedy gulti owner with no ethics or guts.

hahahaha, i don't know what ganjedi means, but that was funny. and it reminded me of this conversation between ocean breeze (ts) and banwari lal (huzefa kapasi). i had saved a transcript. whenever i want a laugh, i read it. here it is:

Banwarilal: my wife is looking for a surai (clay container) that has a steel tap...

ocean breeze: Suraahi, not surai. Kulhad is that small clay container in which tea is served at many railway stations.

Banwarilal: you shut up asshole

ocean breeze: whats your problem madarchod? gaand ka bhosda banaa ke yahi pe phaad doonga, suuar ki aulad.

Banwarilal: i am abusing you 'cos i fail to understand why your spelling correction is germane to the conversation?...

ocean breeze: kindly resubmit with 3 paras, explaining your abuse. make 3 copies of it, and shove it up your suraahi shaped arse. because i aint reading your essays.

Banwarilal: discard your pseudo pedantic ways (as in correcting spellings). just be yourself -- a foul mouthed drunkard and people will love you for that... today i'll leave after teaching u something.

ocean breeze: eh?

Banwarilal: u r a dungee. not a donkey but a dungee.

ocean breeze: fkkin unbelievable shyt. get on medication dude. you dont make any sense to me. if you are simply looking to fight - you are a donkey's arse. best smell n shyt.

Banwarilal: write surai in roman english script. lets go back to class 1... c'mon don't waste time. pen pencil nikalo.

ocean breeze: pencil ko apni gaand mei dalo...

Banwarilal: is surai right or suraahi right or surahi right or surahii right?... jawab de gandu nahin to tera khooon apne kutte ko pila dunga mein... bokachoda. ruined me nasha. may you suffer in hell bastard.

ocean breeze: bhosadchod. teri tatti nikalni band ho jaayegi agar mai peechhe pad gayaa to. aas pasod ki bakriyaa chodta rahega. bevda laude ka baal.

hahahaha.

you may still find that thread at:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/the-best-scent-1010930.htm

date: about march 25, 2010.

the thread: "the best scent...," started by Banwarilal (huzefa kapasi).

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 am

Hi TS,

Happy New Year to you and the family!

Regards.

Vakavaka Pakapaka (Sandilya)!

(Jeremiah M is FF; Panini Press is Carvaka; Marathadi-Saamiyaar is Uppili).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

hahahaha, i don't know what ganjedi means, but that was funny. and it reminded me of this conversation between ocean breeze (ts) and banwari lal (huzefa kapasi). i had saved a transcript. whenever i want a laugh, i read it. here it is:

Banwarilal: my wife is looking for a surai (clay container) that has a steel tap...

ocean breeze: Suraahi, not surai. Kulhad is that small clay container in which tea is served at many railway stations.

ocean breeze: whats your problem madarchod? gaand ka bhosda banaa ke yahi pe phaad doonga, suuar ki aulad.

Banwarilal: i am abusing you 'cos i fail to understand why your spelling correction is germane to the conversation?...

ocean breeze: kindly resubmit with 3 paras, explaining your abuse. make 3 copies of it, and shove it up your suraahi shaped arse. because i aint reading your essays.

Banwarilal: discard your pseudo pedantic ways (as in correcting spellings). just be yourself -- a foul mouthed drunkard and people will love you for that... today i'll leave after teaching u something.

ocean breeze: fkkin unbelievable shyt. get on medication dude. you dont make any sense to me. if you are simply looking to fight - you are a donkey's arse. best smell n shyt.

Banwarilal: write surai in roman english script. lets go back to class 1... c'mon don't waste time. pen pencil nikalo.

Banwarilal: is surai right or suraahi right or surahi right or surahii right?... jawab de gandu nahin to tera khooon apne kutte ko pila dunga mein... bokachoda. ruined me nasha. may you suffer in hell bastard.

ocean breeze: bhosadchod. teri tatti nikalni band ho jaayegi agar mai peechhe pad gayaa to. aas pasod ki bakriyaa chodta rahega. bevda laude ka baal.

hahahaha.

It's ok Jerji, you are old enough to admit it. You like this kind of banter, don't you? You liked it enough to note the URL down on your 9x6 notebook, and you've posted it a few times since, so admit it and be happy.

BTW, this made me laugh:

Luke Warmus (to MD, the star of the day): you seem to have misunderstood max. and you are unnecessarily hostile and rude.

MD: Hardly saar. I'm being extraordinarily patient with and courteous to someone who is clearly delusional. For hostile and rude, you should see my responses to, say, Upps Unkil or Nigga.

Some things never change.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

hahahaha.

Thanks for posting the link, "Best Scent"! Some parts are really hilarious discussing nostalgically the smell of rain:

Luke Warmus posted Re:the best scent...

i suspect you're imagining it because people have talked romantically of it for a long time. -- luke warmus. i also believe that the southern indians are imagining it too because the northindians claim to have, and speak and write constantly - and by now, tritely - of it, and the the southern indians, especially the females, don't want to be left out of it (hai na?). regardless, this is a phenomenon that arises from heat, dust, and pronounced aridity of land.

blabberwock posted Re:the best scent...

I have experienced "maNvaasanai" (smell of the earth/soil?) in Kerala, rural TN, philippines and thailand. I was very young when in kerala and am pretty sure that I knew no north indian back then.

kinnera posted Re:the best scent...

I've always experienced that, the 'matti vaasana', in Hyderabad, especially during the occassional rains in summer or at the first rains after summer. Love that scent.

Maria S posted Re:the best scent ...

Ayyo Blabberwock...I see you beat me to it with the "Mannvasanai"...or we were thinking/having the same vibes:) And thanks for correcting those lines in that "Kalangalil" song. I have never been to Thailand and Phillipines..would like to..some day!

Merlot Daruwala posted Re:the best scent...

I have some bad news and some good news for all you South Indians reminiscing the smell of rain in South India. The bad news is that you are all delusional. Since Luke Unkil has pronounced that this smell is unique to the dusty plains of North India and he must be right, you are all wrong. You are just manufacturing spurious memories, however unwittingly, in your quest to ingratiate yourselves with North Indians. The good news is that inspite of the above, Luke Unkil has magnanimously decided to believe y'all when you talk of your memories. Ain't he grand?

blabberwock posted Re:the best scent...

damn - some of my precious childhood memories are just..just...a mere figment of my imagination?? all this is too much for me to bear - if ever come across that hideous north indian who caused this in me...to you i say - i...am...blabberwock, mind it!! i must go now and make a pot of aloo gobi to recover from this.

ROFL @ "i...am...blabberwock, mind it!!" and "pot of aloo gobi" Btw I understand the recovery might be faster if you wear a pink lehenga and call yourself Ritu. Alternatively, you can just wipe clean those memories as well the trauma of discovering their spuriousness with...two dollar hooch.

Uppili posted Re:the best scent...

You did not read his statement CLOSELY. He ONLY stated that he believes that we all believe in what we stated. Read again carefully.

I was referring to his earlier piece of unqualified magnanimity.

Uppili posted Re:the best scent...

he sinned greatly by that statement and he would be in Syrian Brahmin Church confessing his sin....Razz

Banwarilal posted Re:the best scent...

uh oh, flim flam is getting cornered now.

Very true saar. Considering that I first "experienced" this smell at eight, when I had never met anybody North of Mumbai, leave alone discussed the smell of first rain with them, there must also be some genetic disposition among some SIs that makes them imagine smells just to ingratiate themselves to NIs. As for the cause, you might like to read the link Max posted instead of wallowing in your ignorance.

(Skipping a couple of comments)

Luke Warmus posted Re:the best scent...

-- a sarcastic daruwala. i've not said anything about such a genetic predisposition; stop attributing to me something i've not said. however, i have long observed a strong desire "among some SIs that makes them... ingratiate themselves to NIs," and have written about it for years.

Happy 2013 TS!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 am

ts bokachoda, tera khoon pee jaunga madarchod. happy new year. (-:

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am

Haha..yeah this was a fun thread to dig out.

Strangely it's only 3 yrs old. I'm surprised I had enough time three years back to participate so actively in such a long thread...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down