Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodcitizen

+4
bw
goodcitizn
Maria S
Impedimenta
8 posters

Go down

Goodcitizen Empty Goodcitizen

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 am

nalamA? Do you remember me? yes? no? maybe?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Goodcitizen Empty Re: Goodcitizen

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 am

How come you have time to observe? But no yeah or nay to my lunch answer..why? why not? chicken salad sandwich not a good answer? ok, be that way:D

And have a good day:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 am

A nice old song..you and GC may like it!

Jamuna and Jaishankar.."Anbulla"..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 am

Impy & Maria: Were I to mention the assortment of tongue-tingling, home-cooked specialties I am feasting on at each meal, you'd feel totally bummed!

That said, let me humor you a bit with today's menu.

Breakfast: Aappams with coconut milk and onion/tomato/podhina gravy.

Lunch: Puliodharai, lemon rasam, keerai masiyal (spinach curry), cucumber pachadi, poricha appalam, ilai vadaam, white rice and thalicha thayir sadham (curd rice) w/nellikai (amla) pickle and kothamalli (cilantro) chutney.

Dinner --coming up-- Adai (pesarattu), eLLu miLagAi podi (dosa chilli powder) and pasu veNNai (cow butter) & fruit salad (diced --papaya, banana, sapota and seedless grape mixed with powdered jaggery and honey)

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 am

goodcitizn wrote:Impy & Maria: Were I to mention the assortment of tongue-tingling, home-cooked specialties I am feasting on at each meal, you'd feel totally bummed!

Lunch: Puliodharai, lemon rasam, keerai masiyal (spinach curry), cucumber pachadi, poricha appalam, ilai vadaam, white rice and thalicha thayir sadham (curd rice) w/nellikai (amla) pickle and kothamalli (cilantro) chutney.

Dinner --coming up-- Adai (pesarattu), eLLu miLagAi podi (dosa chilli powder) and pasu veNNai (cow butter) & fruit salad (diced --papaya, banana, sapota and seedless grape mixed with powdered jaggery and honey)

...and i had pasta primavera and roasted bell peppers stuffed with feta cheese, tomato and fresh thyme. Sad Sad

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 am

Whoa..sounds delicious GC! Def. drool-worthy, esp. breakfast..like aappams a lot- with non-veg kurumas too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am

bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Impy & Maria: Were I to mention the assortment of tongue-tingling, home-cooked specialties I am feasting on at each meal, you'd feel totally bummed!

...and i had pasta primavera and roasted bell peppers stuffed with feta cheese, tomato and fresh thyme. Sad Sad

Aiyo ... mood out-a? But your meal sounds delish too!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 am

Maria S wrote:Whoa..sounds delicious GC! Def. drool-worthy, esp. breakfast..like aappams a lot- with non-veg kurumas too!

No non-veg in Amma's kitchen! The aappams and accompaniments came from our neighbors, a chettinad couple from Karaikudi. My mother has a food exchange pact with them; consequently, the adais are heading next door tonight!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:04 am

goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

Aiyo ... mood out-a? But your meal sounds delish too!

yeah, it was all very delicious until i read your "aathu sappadu" menu. Sad i need an ambi paati here.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm

bw wrote:

And I bet that was at your favorite restaurant in Adayar...Razz

P.S.: GC - I think people in India are trying to slowly kill you - just cautioning.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
bw wrote:

...andi had pasta primavera and roasted bell peppers stuffed with feta cheese, tomato and fresh thyme. Sad Sad

P.S.: GC - I think people in India are trying to slowly kill you - just cautioning.

Very Happy Oh, what a heavenly way to go then! (FYI the adais were hot, crisp and crunchilicious!)

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

My entire line of breakfast, snack, lunch was sponsored by costco.

1) kellog's cereal bar

2) PB Jamwich

3) beans cheese rice style burrito

4) String Cheese

5) clementines

6) tea (milk from costco)

7) Gum

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:My entire line of breakfast, snack, lunch was sponsored by costco.

1) kellog's cereal bar

2) PB Jamwich

4) String Cheese

5) clementines

7) Gum

LOL @ gum!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Welcome back, Vidya. So what is the answer to your quiz? Why did you stop posting?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm

OMG! what the who? I should not have started this thread in the first place:-) drool @ the appam breakfast.

who is your cook? ganpat ram's south indian counterpart?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

panini press wrote:Welcome back, Vidya. So what is the answer to your quiz? Why did you stop posting?

Merlot got it right. Two of his answers. I had said so just to post the puzzle. But I didn't have real intention to take a break. And hence his second answer is correct too. Coz I never took a break. I was checking the forums but hardly reading any thread, forget posting. Most thread topics were yawn inducing anyway.

Chain got yanked from various resources to finish up 2-3 different things. Which meant reading dozens of docs, doing many calls, emails, fax, print, fill, send, schedule, etc, etc. And work full time too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:My entire line of breakfast, snack, lunch was sponsored by costco.

1) kellog's cereal bar

2) PB Jamwich

4) String Cheese

5) clementines

7) Gum

Now, there is a healthy item...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Merlot got it right. Two of his answers. I had said so just to post the puzzle. But I didn't have real intention to take a break. And hence his second answer is correct too. Coz I never took a break.
Haha!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

OMG! what the who? I should not have started this thread in the first place:-) drool @ the appam breakfast.

My mom gives directions to our cook who comes twice a day. The aappams were from our neighbor today. Tomorrow they are supplying kuzhi paniyaaram!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:17 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

My mom gives directions to our cook who comes twice a day. The aappams were from our neighbor today. Tomorrow they are supplying kuzhi paniyaaram!

GC anna,

i am clearly talking to the wrong party here. Any chance i can get in touch with this neighbor of yours? :-)

I don't like kuzhi paiyaaram so much. i love appams and adai. drool.

how have you been? i was in chennai this past december and enjoyed performing there after almost 12 years:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm

1) kellog's cereal bar

2) PB Jamwich

4) String Cheese

5) clementines

7) Gum

hello vidya, how was the retreat? restful and eventful?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

1) kellog's cereal bar

2) PB Jamwich

4) String Cheese

5) clementines

7) Gum

Global world hunger meet? Lol. Nothing Eventful. Just lots of legal and paperwork that I hate doing. It turns me into an OCD'd pushy aunty who calls and emails a lot, asking lengthy questions and wanting follow ups. Wish this is over soon so that I could go back to being the cool aunty with no worries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

1) kellog's cereal bar

2) PB Jamwich

4) String Cheese

5) clementines

7) Gum

Global world hunger meet? Lol. Nothing Eventful. Just lots of legal and paperwork that I hate doing. It turns me into an OCD'd pushy aunty who calls and emails a lot, asking lengthy questions and wanting follow ups. Wish this is over soon so that I could go back to being the cool aunty with no worries.

PS: M, thanks for asking about me. Appreciate it. I would not reply coz I had logged myself out of the browser so that I don't get trigger happy and waste time posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

GC anna,

i am clearly talking to the wrong party here. Any chance i can get in touch with this neighbor of yours? :-)

I don't like kuzhi paiyaaram so much. i love appams and adai. drool.

how have you been? i was in chennai this past december and enjoyed performing there after almost 12 years:-)

Congratulations! It must have been a huge thrill for you after so many years. Coincidententally, my cousin performed 7 azhwar dramatizations in Tiruppati a couple of weeks back. My mother and I watched her live on DTV. I was particularly fascinated by the depiction of Andal. She is a student of S.K.Rajarathnam and runs a bharatanatyam school in New England. Without my prompting you probably know her or of her. BTW, its a great way to stay in shape!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

PS: M, thanks for asking about me. Appreciate it. I would not reply coz I had logged myself out of the browser so that I don't get trigger happy and waste time posting.

Hello Tracy!

You sound rested and refreshed, as a kind friend with info had kindly predicted:)

Seriously, you are welcome. Speaking for myself..have to prioritize..and have some good time management skills. Read somewhere (which we already know)..the gift of time is among the greatest gifts we can give someone..the more I live, the more I realize that..can do only "so much giving" in the name of charity to anyone who does not care or appreciate it! Unless there is some real pleasure-or something good/worth in return..less is more:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
panini press wrote:Welcome back, Vidya. So what is the answer to your quiz? Why did you stop posting?

Merlot got it right. Two of his answers. I had said so just to post the puzzle. But I didn't have real intention to take a break. And hence his second answer is correct too. Coz I never took a break.

Two?? All my three guesses were right.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Merlot got it right. Two of his answers. I had said so just to post the puzzle. But I didn't have real intention to take a break. And hence his second answer is correct too. Coz I never took a break.

Two?? All my three guesses were right.

What was the third one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

To see how many would notice your absence.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:To see how many would notice your absence.

oh? no no. I wasn't thinking that coz I wasn't even planning a real break. Posted that for fun, and was gonna do a 'tada' the next day.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
bw wrote:

i have no fav restaurant in adyar. too many relatives around that area who are happy to feed me lunch, dinner and tiffin.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:To see how many would notice your absence.

oh? no no. I wasn't thinking that coz I wasn't even planning a real break. Posted that for fun, and was gonna do a 'tada' the next day.
ha ha! welcome back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down