Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic

+8
Ponniyin Selvan
Nila
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
Petrichor
Idéfix
Hellsangel
Rishi
12 posters

Go down

First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic Empty First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic

Post by Rishi Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Hitting out at the critics accusing her of having personal grudges against Kamal Haasan, Jayalalithaa said, "I have been accused of having personal grudge against Kamal Hasaan on his remarks at an event about a 'dhoti clad to become the PM'. I am experienced enough to know that Mr Kamal Hasaan doesn't select the PM." Jayalalithaa added, "These are ridiculous pieces of fiction and most absurd charges in the media."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/vishwaroopam-ban-law-and-order-is-my-first-concern-have-nothing-against-haasan-says-jayalalithaa/369962-37.html

But for her greedy mother, she could have been a great legal luminary, a professor at an ivy league school.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic Empty Re: First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm

First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic Jayalalitha_sapporter_20080
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic Empty Re: First rate intelligence. Impeccable logic

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

How about CMU?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Referring to Kamal Haasan's comments saying his property was at stake over the film, Jayalalithaa said, "Kamal Haasan says he has his property at stake in this movie, he is old enough to make a responsible attempt, I am sure it's a calculated risk, it's a gamble. How can the government be accountable for the risk Kamal Haasan has taken?"

Absloutely!

Kamal Hassan has to grow up and behave like an adult. He should take responsibility for his life decisions.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm

I wouldn't bet 95 crores on Indians' abilities to dig up fundamental principles and apply them consistently for 10 years. Like he said all that he has left is tradecraft and hubris. Mosh pit to the very end....

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:08 pm

why are you so besotted with her? she is indulging in gross violation of free speech and you are perfectly ok with that?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why are you so besotted with her? she is indulging in gross violation of free speech and you are perfectly ok with that?

what free speech? in india the only thing that matters is 'communal harmony', 'insult to community pride' and vote bank politics. the country cant afford to defend high falutin concepts such as free speech and privacy of citizenry, in particular artists, troublemakers & petition signers.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why are you so besotted with her? she is indulging in gross violation of free speech and you are perfectly ok with that?
I blame this on the government's introduction of caste-based quotas.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm

panini press wrote:

Blame it on our father of nation he called low caste peoples as harijans. When I was at school I didn't wanted my caste to be mentioned on the TC, but still they mention religion. You can eliminate caste but no religion. The father should've fixed it when he had a chance, instead he came up with fancy names.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Sasthi wrote:
panini press wrote:

Blame it on our father of nation he called low caste peoples as harijans. When I was at school I didn't wanted my caste to be mentioned on the TC, but still they mention religion. You can eliminate caste but no religion. The father should've fixed it when he had a chance, instead he came up with fancy names.

what are you doing in a post the title of which contains the words "intelligence" and "logic"?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Sasthi wrote:
panini press wrote:

My guruvu gaaru will remind you that Stalin and Pol Pot both tried to eliminate religion as well.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 pm

she is indulging in gross violation of free speech and you are perfectly ok with that?

How would you feel if the Muslim fanatics burn down a movie theater and many innocents burn to death?

Like she said the movie was to be screened in 572 theaters in TN. The state government does not have unlimited resources to provide security to each and every one of them.

She is being proactive. And that is really good.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

This is the sort of "impeccable logic" that was used to defend the midnight lathi charge.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Sasthi wrote:
panini press wrote:

what are you doing in a post the title of which contains the words "intelligence" and "logic"?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavaaaaaaaaaaaa!
*ahem**

Bavagaru pani letu bavagaru thanike. Meeru...pani blah blah blah ra.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 pm

panini press wrote:
Sasthi wrote:
panini press wrote:

My guruvu gaaru will remind you that Stalin and Pol Pot both tried to eliminate religion as well.

One time I say something intelligent and none like it. I am outta this thread.
damn!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Rishi wrote:Hitting out at the critics accusing her of having personal grudges against Kamal Haasan, Jayalalithaa said, "I have been accused of having personal grudge against Kamal Hasaan on his remarks at an event about a 'dhoti clad to become the PM'. I am experienced enough to know that Mr Kamal Hasaan doesn't select the PM." Jayalalithaa added, "These are ridiculous pieces of fiction and most absurd charges in the media."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/vishwaroopam-ban-law-and-order-is-my-first-concern-have-nothing-against-haasan-says-jayalalithaa/369962-37.html

But for her greedy mother, she could have been a great legal luminary, a professor at an ivy league school.

lol! Nice attempt at pun.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Rishi wrote:she is indulging in gross violation of free speech and you are perfectly ok with that?

How would you feel if the Muslim fanatics burn down a movie theater and many innocents burn to death?

Like she said the movie was to be screened in 572 theaters in TN. The state government does not have unlimited resources to provide security to each and every one of them.

where does this end? next time some other community is going to be outraged. where do you draw the line? i don't believe the muslims of TN will turn violent. she is hiding behind this excuse. i truly believe this is a case of vindictiveness.

are you from my father's generation? (70-80 yrs of age) i know brahmin men from that generation tend to have major hots for this cow and are willing to forgive just about any bullshit she does.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 pm

From now on, consider me outraged by all Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood and Lollywood movies. I may or may not set fire to theaters all over India. But it is a risk that the government has to weigh. I hope they ban all movies going forward. They should be proactive in this matter.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm

panini press wrote:From now on, consider me outraged by all Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood and Lollywood movies. I may or may not set fire to theaters all over India. But it is a risk that the government has to weigh. I hope they ban all movies going forward. They should be proactive in this matter.

If instead of Jaya it is Karunanidhi who has banned the movie pandering to Muslim sentiments , Rishi would have been the strongest votary of "freedom of expression".

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:26 pm

I think Kamala will atleast break even coz of this ban and controversies. The movie would've been a flop otherwise. I know someone who paid $40 for that movie and his reviews were in one word "no recos".

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 pm

panini press wrote:From now on, consider me outraged by all Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood and Lollywood movies. I may or may not set fire to theaters all over India. But it is a risk that the government has to weigh. I hope they ban all movies going forward. They should be proactive in this matter.

I call upon JJ ji to ban loudspeakers on top of Mosques, as they hurt my sentiments 5 times a day.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm

in 2009 kamala hasan said that he wants to make a movie on eelam but it would not be allowed to release in india. he correctrly assesed the hatred of hindian gov for eelam.

obviously in viswarupam he underseyimated frelgious fanatics.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm

Rishi wrote:she is indulging in gross violation of free speech and you are perfectly ok with that?

You do not submit to unacceptable demands and surrender basic rights of citizens.

use water cannons and rubber bullets to disperse crowds.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 pm

I searched for the discussion on Sulekha 7 years back on the banning of Da Vinci code and related issues and here it is..

http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_tamil-movie-poster-lord-rama-and-anjaneya-urinating-824157

http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_tn-bans-da-vinci

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:48 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:I searched for the discussion on Sulekha 7 years back on the banning of Da Vinci code and related issues and here it is..

http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_tamil-movie-poster-lord-rama-and-anjaneya-urinating-824157

Oh man, what a nostalgic trip.

But I'm pretty sure Sulekha has messed up the timelines. No way could the Rama-and-Anjaneya-peeing thread have taken place in 2008. Must be at least a couple of years before that.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am

suppose i say "i am outraged by hindi signs, hindi tv shows, peoplke speaking Hindi within TN and if they are not removed, i will go on a temper tantrum", will JL ban Hindi in TN. If she dared to do that i assure you Indian government will dismiss her govt and send the military to protect Hindi interests in Tamil Nadu.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:02 am

Lately the #1 discussion seems to be on #1. Earlier JM cribbing about his wife's peeing. Now Rama and Hanuman urinating. Not to mention the pissing contest that has been going on here of late.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 am

Yeah, all the hostility is really pissing me off. Time for some pees and quiet.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:18 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Yeah, all the hostility is really pissing me off. Time for some pees and quiet.

LOL! Reminds me, P is silent in Pswimming.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:I searched for the discussion on Sulekha 7 years back on the banning of Da Vinci code and related issues and here it is..

And here is the more recent one:

https://such.forumotion.com/t4746-funny-thread-on-the-old-site#37831
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down