Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke of the day

5 posters

Go down

Joke of the day Empty Joke of the day

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 pm

...Another Christian group lodged a complaint with the chief secretary demanding to ban the movie 'Adhibhagavan' as it hurts Hindu sentiments.

I am calling for a ban on an old book that calls for killing of Kafirs and Infidels. bcz it hurts the sentiments of our Christian brethren.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Joke of the day Empty Re: Joke of the day

Post by FluteHolder Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm

I was watching a video where Seeman justifying the ban on Kamal's movie indicating that Kamal should have expected this since there was an issue with Vijay's movie 'Thuppakki'. Seeman seems to get into vote bank politics. He was saying that all the movies show any dancer/cabaret or any one working in bar with Xian names and not otherwise:) And he claims he is an athiest and non-religious...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 pm

All these movies that have positive depictions of one religion or another offend my sensibilities. I say ban them all.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:03 am

A ban for Kadal..please. I agree- that's a joke.
If anything it seems like a boost for Christians (characters)..at least they are more interesting than they used to be!

My feelings were only hurt when the news article called Karthik and Radha- yesteryear stars! I did not know that their son and daughter respy..are the hero and heroine of "Kadal"...how time goes by. They lack the charm and charisma of their parent(s), imo. Except for the music/songs..and Arvind Swamy (who is Father. Arvind- whatever his name is, which is nice!)..think this Manirathnam movie seems quite dull-mediocre from the trailer and reviews of Facebook friends and many of them are from the industry, have good taste and seem objective.

I guess there is a lot of fodder for jokes now:) If I may state the obvious, the majority of Tamil Christian groups do have some common sense, are busy doing other stuff- boosting the economy (!) and could not care less! If they do..and start something unnecessary for a "seashore kadhal and sandai movie"..think many of us may have to speak up, and use all the tools we have- including social media, which can start a mini-movement right from our comfy chairs with our Apps:)

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 am

panini press wrote:All these movies that have positive depictions of one religion or another offend my sensibilities. I say ban them all.

most indian movies offend my sensibilities. i say ban them all.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:26 am

bw wrote:
panini press wrote:All these movies that have positive depictions of one religion or another offend my sensibilities. I say ban them all.

most indian movies offend my sensibilities. i say ban them all.

Except the movies by THE SUPERSTAR.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down