Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk

+3
Kris
Maria S
southindian
7 posters

Go down

Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk Empty Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk

Post by southindian Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 am

This ia a tounge-in-cheek statement by knowing his condition and also knowing that he runs. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk Empty Re: Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 am

(Reposting from the other Blade Runner thread)- when I saw this one.

The popular Icon was granted bail.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/world/africa/south-africa-pistorius-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The SA magistrate's name is - Desmond Nair.

It was an epic bail hearing speech by Mag. Nair (I watched the first 10 mins and came back almost two hours later (and he was still talking!)..talk about"argmentative Indian genes"..he argued with himself (loudly) about the presentation from both sides..it was like listening to a movie double action judge!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk Empty Re: Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk

Post by Kris Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 am

Maria S wrote:(Reposting from the other Blade Runner thread)- when I saw this one.

The popular Icon was granted bail.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/world/africa/south-africa-pistorius-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The SA magistrate's name is - Desmond Nair.

It was an epic bail hearing speech by Mag. Nair (I watched the first 10 mins and came back almost two hours later (and he was still talking!)..talk about"argmentative Indian genes"..he argued with himself (loudly) about the presentation from both sides..it was like listening to a movie double action judge!

>>>>Ladies and Genlteman, I sense a new SUCH er.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm

If I find his e-mail address, I would really invite him..you never know, I've had some good luck, in such matters. Will see if he is on Fb too!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Maria S wrote:If I find his e-mail address, I would really invite him..you never know, I've had some good luck, in such matters. Will see if he is on Fb too!

Maria akka, you are a stalker Laughing Laughing
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Maria S wrote:If I find his e-mail address, I would really invite him..you never know, I've had some good luck, in such matters. Will see if he is on Fb too!

Hmm.. akka?! Glad you did not call me Nun akka:)
Well, one should be so lucky for me to stalk them- Not happening thambi!
Seriously, I am surprised myself to see how quickly people respond, and how kindly they do- when they really don't have to.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Maria S wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

Seriously, I am surprised myself to see how quickly people respond, and how kindly they do- when they really don't have to.

Are you offended at being called akka?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Maria S wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:

Are you offended at being called akka?

No Thambi? Anna? I am not:)
I am not sure if he has called me that before..(may be he has!)..it's endearing.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius gets bail - Is he a flight risk Empty Some Tamil question here!

Post by FluteHolder Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I am surprised myself to see how quickly people respond, and how kindly they do- when they really don't have to.
.>>>>>>>>>
My question below can be taken a narathar velai but I am just curious:)

Is the above sentence is a good example of 'Pazhippadhu Pol Pughalzchi' or 'Pughazhvadhu Pol Paghilzchi'?

Thanks

FH:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:37 pm

FluteHolder wrote: I am surprised myself to see how quickly people respond, and how kindly they do- when they really don't have to.
.>>>>>>>>>

Is the above sentence is a good example of 'Pazhippadhu Pol Pughalzchi' or 'Pughazhvadhu Pol Paghilzchi'?

Thanks

What does that mean? Kindly clarify!
Think you may be overanalyzing.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Maria S wrote:
FluteHolder wrote: I am surprised myself to see how quickly people respond, and how kindly they do- when they really don't have to.
.>>>>>>>>>

Thanks

What does that mean? Kindly clarify!
Think you may be overanalyzing.

Maria, I think you may be overreacting.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Let him explain what he meant and let me see..if I am overreacting by saying "overanalyzing". If I am, will certainly admit it.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Enjoy! Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 pm

southindian wrote:This ia a tounge-in-cheek statement by knowing his condition and also knowing that he runs. Smile

The main problem with the bail system is that these are mostly "influential" people who manipulate the witnesses and tamper with the evidence so much that there is hardly any evidence left to prove the case as and when it comes to court.

The original idea of bail is noble in that the accused should not be spending time in jail as though already convicted. But, that reason is all but gone in the case of powerful and influential people.

Now Pistorious and his business backers will see to it there is no evidence left.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
Enjoy! Smile

I don't know..I still don't get it!
Is it above someone using proverbs?
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

.>>>>>>>>>

Thanks

You mean Vanja Pughazhi Ani ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 pm

What I meant was on line or in real life..people I think are famous/busy (some I know, some I don't)..seem to respond the fastest and in a polite/kind way..when they can take their time/or don't have to. That's all.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Maria S wrote:What I meant was on line or in real life..people I think are famous/busy (some I know, some I don't)..seem to respond the fastest and in a polite/kind way..when they can take their time/or don't have to. That's all.

Famous people, public figures, and those who are in people-oriented jobs have a lot to lose for a wrong word, gensture, or grimace. Hence, they all are extremely good at lying, smiling, and protecting public image. So there is nothing surprising when those people are polite.

Give them all an anonymous handle and they will act their natural way....Razz

The more a person smiles the less clear and trustworthy. Please use this patented advise free of royalty.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Famous people, public figures, and those who are in people-oriented jobs have a lot to lose for a wrong word, gensture, or grimace. Hence, they all are extremely good at lying, smiling, and protecting public image. So there is nothing surprising when those people are polite.

Give them all an anonymous handle and they will act their natural way....Razz

The more a person smiles the less clear and trustworthy. Please use this patented advise free of royalty.

I don't know about that U. People who are negative, unpleasant and with a poker-mean face can be just as fake and untrustworthy.

And I can only speak from my experiences..and at least 90% of the time people "pick up cues" and respond the same way. It is very unusual for someone to act ugly unless they are provoked or they percieve the person to be quite rude to them.

I would not really want to know people who are "anonymously" rude, insensitive and hurtful. And I think most people are quite intuitive-savvy on line too..they can figure out a person's nature/personality- who they can trust/or not rather quickly.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down