Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to rishi

+5
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
Kris
Rishi
Jeremiah Mburuburu
9 posters

Go down

to rishi Empty to rishi

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 am

i shall appreciate your answering a question i had asked you a day or two ago: have you experienced much hostility from indian muslims?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

to rishi Empty Re: to rishi

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 am

No.

I have known personally known only few Indian Muslims in my life.

There were a couple of Muslim families on the street where I grew up. One of the families were our neighbors. They had a grocery store which my we patronized. But some of the boys in that family have known to make comments at girls walking by their house. We left them alone. And I have seen a Muslim tenant down the street heap abuses at his brahmin landlord.

I had two Muslim class mates. One of them Mohammad Najumuddin. He was quite decent. He was the cleanest person I have ever seen. He was quiet, disciplined and well mannered. The other guy, Salim Basha was from Andhra. He was OK. He voiced his prejuidice towards a dalit classmate because he thought they were getting freebies from the government.

There was a Tamil Muslim I knew at work place when I was in India. He was alright

When I was ten years old. My sister who was a doctor and single was posted to the government hospital Tanjore . She rented a portion of a house owned by a Muslim family who lived in the other half. They were really nice to her. And my sister felt safe. When I visited her during summer vacation, I remember helping a girl in that family with whatever Math I knew at that time. In fact I remember having eaten at their place a few times.

I wish them all the best.

I do not know what my experiences would have been if I had lived in an area where there is a large concentration of Muslims.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 pm

A single girl living in a Muslim's house??? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:A single girl living in a Muslim's house??? Shocked

>>>>We used to play cricket at a friend's place. The family name was Quereishi and the guy had a lot of sisters or cousins. There was a lot of land on the side of the house and we had marked the boundary line close to the front of the house, which faced the main road. The girls used to giggle from upstairs looking down from the balcony. It seems like they were there all the time even in the afternoons . The one thing i remember is the grandmother chasing me with a stick in the afternoon, when I was walking back to school after eating lunch at home. Anyway, that was my experience. I am not as good with these narratives as you are, but I am trying. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Revelation of personal details alert! Admin, please delete the names.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i shall appreciate your answering a question i had asked you a day or two ago: have you experienced much hostility from indian muslims?

May I???

I have had excellent relations with muslims as individuals. That is why I treat them as just as I treat any one else - in real and personal life. most hindus, christians, and muslims behave like perfect friends - bcz the personal friendship/respect/interaction are stronger than deep-seated religious biases.

But, I have noticed several times their mistreating hindus - different from the ways FC treated other caste/religionists. I have posted several personal stories in the past and dont want to repeat it here. I walk(ed) around in lungi and beard in muslim dominated areas in CBE and Trichy and have heard their "free comments"; seen them tease hindus walking to hindu temples located on their dead end streets; their deragatory comments about hindu women. These are the inner biased ill-feelings/true feelings towards their country/fellow citizens/other religions.

That is why I point out and criticize their actions in a collective manner. I dont think I have criticized attacked personally on the net or in real life - be it Hamdani or another one who is still on my IM but stopped coming to Sulekha due to a personal fallout with her. Same goes about Christians. As I have mentioned I have friends with political connections and come from a family of Communists and RSS, although I personally never attended even a single Shakha (have more tiffs with RSS walas). But, this has made me aware of politics and real equations from a very young age.

Personal life/treatment/dealings are different from collective criticism. Unfortunately, many people cant differentiate between the two and project one view onto another. Muslims are notorious on that bcz koran says any attack on a fellow muslim is an attack on islam itself. They take it literally and hence people are very very careful in attacking - even verbally - any muslim. This has made all dealings with muslims - including friends - less than honest putting up a real barrier on what can and cannot be discussed with muslims and muslim friends.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:07 pm

What Saamiyaar says is true.

Collective psyche of Muslims towards Hindus seem to be different.

How do you explain Muslims living in Triplicane, Madras throwing chappals from their mosque at a Hindu procession which passes by on the Vinayaka Chaturthi day every year?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Rishi wrote:
How do you explain Muslims living in Triplicane, Madras throwing chappals from their mosque at a Hindu procession which passes by on the Vinayaka Chaturthi day every year?
Had no idea this happens every year. How do the people in the procession respond?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Had no idea this happens every year. How do the people in the procession respond?
Let us not take the mendicant's word for it.

Rishi, how many years did you participate in the said procession?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:But, I have noticed several times their mistreating hindus...
If you asked a Muslim who thinks like you -- and there are plenty of those -- he might say the same thing about how Hindus mistreat Muslims. And this is not even considering the mistreatment by the "FCs" of other castes!

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I dont think I have criticized attacked personally on the net or in real life - be it Hamdani or another one who is still on my IM but stopped coming to Sulekha due to a personal fallout with her.
You clearly believe that calling another person a Muslim name is an insult to them. You regularly call others Muslims with the intent of insulting them. That says a lot about how you really think of Muslims.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 pm

panini press wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:But, I have noticed several times their mistreating hindus...
If you asked a Muslim who thinks like you -- and there are plenty of those -- he might say the same thing about how Hindus mistreat Muslims. And this is not even considering the mistreatment by the "FCs" of other castes!

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I dont think I have criticized attacked personally on the net or in real life - be it Hamdani or another one who is still on my IM but stopped coming to Sulekha due to a personal fallout with her.
You clearly believe that calling another person a Muslim name is an insult to them. You regularly call others Muslims with the intent of insulting them. That says a lot about how you really think of Muslims.

1. yes..plenty of those muslims also will say the same thing. So ????

Hey.. didn't I say that I am just a nice guy but I am no Gandhi or Jesus to find THE TRUTH and spread the TRUTH. I will let you and the other muslim apologists to claim that high pedestal.

2. yes...collectively the "group" is what it is - MUST be the influence of Koran reading every Friday. That is what I and a vast majority of the world population secretly THINKS. each person calls another person by the terminology or name that is despicable in own mind. And, I would rather not call someone a dog or a Donkey.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>>We used to play cricket at a friend's place. The family name was Quereishi and the guy had a lot of sisters or cousins. There was a lot of land on the side of the house and we had marked the boundary line close to the front of the house, which faced the main road. The girls used to giggle from upstairs looking down from the balcony. It seems like they were there all the time even in the afternoons . The one thing i remember is the grandmother chasing me with a stick in the afternoon, when I was walking back to school after eating lunch at home. Anyway, that was my experience. I am not as good with these narratives as you are, but I am trying. Smile

full on grandma hostility towards neighborhood lafangeys. Nothing muslim/hindu about it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
panini press wrote:

1. yes..plenty of those muslims also will say the same thing. So ????

Hey.. didn't I say that I am just a nice guy but I am no Gandhi or Jesus to find THE TRUTH and spread the TRUTH. I will let you and the other muslim apologists to claim that high pedestal.

2. yes...collectively the "group" is what it is - MUST be the influence of Koran reading every Friday. That is what I and a vast majority of the world population secretly THINKS. each person calls another person by the terminology or name that is despicable in own mind. And, I would rather not call someone a dog or a Donkey.

Another good one. If this were an issue in corporate world, the first emphasis would be to find root of the problem. Treating the same, what's one group common to all frictions around the world and lets hear their issues with world societies.

Now, if you get their gripe and agenda, does anyone think that group's ideology be implemented on rest of world?

Zeroing in, where is this group's thinking coming from?....
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Dear Doubting Thomas, you don't have to second guess yourself about taking a Muslim son-in-law.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Kris wrote:

Phew....glad you escaped with no fatwa. I bet you guys played cricket 'all the time" the forbidden fruit is always attractive. What with the Purdah, etc. even if they are not actually great looking, the purdah gave every guy an opportunity to fantasize them as some kind of hidden, imagined beauties. Much like every female SuCH handle is a Ms. Universe unless otherwise proven wrong.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down