Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging carvaka

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
6 posters

Go down

Paging carvaka Empty Paging carvaka

Post by indophile Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 am

Actually it's Absolute Zero that's paging carvaka on Sulekha CH with theis message:

Help! I registered the TAZ handle on the other coffeehouse and forgot password and it now reset the password. The email I registered is junk email where I cannot see any email. What to do now? You can email me actually at dr_taz_98 at yahoo dot com. TIA

indophile

Back to top Go down

Paging carvaka Empty Re: Paging carvaka

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:37 am

indophile wrote:Actually it's Absolute Zero that's paging carvaka on Sulekha CH with theis message:

Help! I registered the TAZ handle on the other coffeehouse and forgot password and it now reset the password. The email I registered is junk email where I cannot see any email. What to do now? You can email me actually at dr_taz_98 at yahoo dot com. TIA

hmm.... people getting so spoiled these days, so easily forgot the days of 'copy a link, remove links, post'... just create a new id.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:49 am

Dr_TAZ-98 ????

That explains....

(Poor hungry Doctors = +1).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Dr_TAZ-98 ????

That explains....

is taz same as tbt? i once suspected tbt was a doc. *shrug*

Back to top Go down

Paging carvaka Empty For TAZ

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm

indophile wrote:Actually it's Absolute Zero that's paging carvaka on Sulekha CH with theis message:

Thanks. This is my response for TAZ:

I am averse to logging in as admin, which I would need to do in order to reset a password. My suggestion is to create a new handle instead. If you are particular about your old handle, please wait until a few more admin requests come up; I would rather login during a weekend (where there is less traffic) and do a number of admin tasks at once, rather than login on admin for each request.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 pm

charvaka wrote:

I am averse to logging in as admin, which I would need to do in order to reset a password. My suggestion is to create a new handle instead. If you are particular about your old handle, please wait until a few more admin requests come up; I would rather login during a weekend (where there is less traffic) and do a number of admin tasks at once, rather than login on admin for each request.

I wonder if this is how team sulekha rationalized their responsibilities and continued to delay/ignore serious requests. I read your concerns and your assurances to non-existing users about your credibility as admin. However, IMO one of your responsibility as admin is to help out existing users when genuine need arises. Doesn't make sense that TAZ ought to wait.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Silhouette wrote:
I wonder if this is how team sulekha rationalized their responsibilities and continued to delay/ignore serious requests. I read your concerns and your assurances to non-existing users about your credibility as admin. However, IMO one of your responsibility as admin is to help out existing users when genuine need arises. Doesn't make sense that TAZ ought to wait.

well said and I agree.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Silhouette wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Good question! I am not sure, and am open to other points of view. In Sulekha's case, they had no reasons for not taking admin actions -- here I am concerned for peoples' privacy. Right now, everybody knows that I haven't had any more access to information than other users for the last two weeks. If I do login as admin, there are bound to be concerns about IP addresses.

I am interested in what other users think about this. Perhaps I should conduct a poll to see which choice is preferable to a majority of users.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Dr_TAZ-98 ????

That explains....

Why is he a doc? He would be an absolute zero by the same logic?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 pm

charvaka wrote:
Silhouette wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Good question! I am not sure, and am open to other points of view. In Sulekha's case, they had no reasons for not taking admin actions -- here I am concerned for peoples' privacy. Right now, everybody knows that I haven't had any more access to information than other users for the last two weeks. If I do login as admin, there are bound to be concerns about IP addresses.

I am interested in what other users think about this. Perhaps I should conduct a poll to see which choice is preferable to a majority of users.

I think it is OK to login and help TAZ.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

I started a poll. If over half of the respondents say Yes by the end of the day, I will login as admin to help users in cases like this.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Carvaka, i think you're going too far. I think people here trust you as admin not 'coz they expect you to poll the group on every possible issue but 'coz they trust your judgment and your discretion when issues crop up. just IMO. personally I won't participate in these polls. Because I am sure you wil do the right thing.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down