Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people

3 posters

Go down

Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people Empty Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 am

Dilbert creator's worsening PR crisis -- sad to see this. I usually loved his DNRC newsletter and I have an Android app that brings up his comic for the day.

Dilbert creator's ever-worsening P.R. crisis
Scott Adams defends his self-congratulatory commenting and weighs in on the Obama chimp controversy. Make it stop

When commenters on MetaFilter started ragging on a recent Wall Street Journal story by Scott Adams, the Dilbert creator and sexist jackass who last month opined that "women are treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently," one user, "plannedchaos," leapt to his defense. "He has a certified genius I.Q., and that's hard to hide," noted plannedchaos, who went on to ask, "Is it Adams' enormous success at self-promotion that makes you jealous and angry?"

Mr. Chaos has apparently long been a fan of Adams; Gawker noted Monday that early this year, he was posting on Reddit that "It's fair to say you disagree with Adams. But you can't rule out the hypothesis that you're too dumb to understand what he's saying. And he's a certified genius." How fortunate for Adams there are people in the world not "too dumb" to understand the certified genius. It just happens that they're all Scott Adams. On Friday, the cartoonist admitted on MetaFilter that he and plannedchaos are one and the same. My tie! It's curving upward in astonishment!

Adams didn't invent the art of defensively conversing with or about oneself on the Internet – the practice of sock puppetry has a long and ignoble history. Five years ago, New Republic scribe Lee Siegel was suspended after the revelation that he'd been posting on his blog's forums as "sprezzatura," a fan who opined that "Siegel is brave, brilliant, and wittier than [Jon] Stewart will ever be. Take that, you bunch of immature, abusive sheep," and told another poster who'd questioned his identity flat out that "I'm not Lee Siegel, you imbecile." And in 2007, Whole Foods' chief executive John Mackey, celebrated advocate of truth in labeling, was revealed to have spent eight years hiding behind a fake identity on Yahoo boards to disparage competitors, promote his company's stock, and even praise his own alleged good looks. His alter ego, Rahodeb, once took the time to note, "I like Mackey’s haircut. I think he looks cute!"
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people Empty Re: Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun May 01, 2011 12:31 pm

LOL@ "I like mackey's haircut. I think he looks cute".

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people Empty Re: Multiple handle disorder, exhibited by famous people

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 02, 2011 11:45 am

if marathadi samiyaar is uppili..then who is sambarvada..

oh btw hilarious article..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down