Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says

2 posters

Go down

MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says Empty MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says

Post by Impedimenta Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 am

http://www.narthaki.com/index.html

Read her columns. I may or may not agree with everything she says but she is spot on about the cut throat competition, bitter cross country wars and stereotypes that occur during the dance season in chennai. You know the sad part about the whole situation? The older traditional repertoire is becoming extinct. IMO, for a dancer to be presenting a contemporary piece, she/he needs a rich imagination and a healthy interpretation of the subject in hand. For example, I saw a local presentation of panchali sabadam. While there was nothing wrong with the presentation, the interpretation was not "new". It was time tested and used. To me, that does not justify the need to showcase the recital as "contemporary".

Anyway, I am now trying to crawl back into the season but I am being very careful because of the tremendous talent and cut throat competition and of course, my own limitations. I want to do fund raisers but to even gather crowd and maximize the collections, I need to present something that is really different.

Please wish me luck :-) I think I have a theme that might work for this year. I do desperately need to work on my arai mandi and of course, lose more weight because i still look like a pumpkin in a dance costume, i think.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says Empty Re: MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:12 pm

thanks for the link! it does sound awful. and good luck with the future program.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says Empty Re: MAx -This is for you - Anita[rathnam] says

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Impy, pls check your mail.

-kin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:36 pm

kinnu, pls join chat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Kin, i got it thanks. will let you know soon. hope you are doing ok otherwise.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:58 pm

Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:Kin, i got it thanks. will let you know soon. hope you are doing ok otherwise.

Thank you. I'm doing very fine. I'm sure it's the same with you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down