Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad

+5
southindian
yogi
Uppili
truthbetold
confuzzled dude
9 posters

Go down

Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad Empty Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 pm

After recent fall out with MIM, Kirankumar Reddy is looking at his old friend Azhar to contest from old city against Asaduddin, not a bad move.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad Empty Re: Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad

Post by truthbetold Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 pm

"Mazab katre me hai". End of story.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad Empty Re: Azaharuddin to contest from Hyderabad

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:After recent fall out with MIM, Kirankumar Reddy is looking at his old friend Azhar to contest from old city against Asaduddin, not a bad move.

I suspect that Kiran Kumar wants to eliminate Azharudin as a potential CM competitor, and expecting him to lose to the koranist.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by yogi Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 am

Winning in Hyderabad constituency depends on who gets the support of shiites and i think Azhar has got a fair chance of winning here as he did in Moradabad.
yogi
yogi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 am

yogi wrote:Winning in Hyderabad constituency depends on who gets the support of shiites and i think Azhar has got a fair chance of winning here as he did in Moradabad.
that is if people are allowed to cast their vote.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 am

confuzzled dude wrote:After recent fall out with MIM, Kirankumar Reddy is looking at his old friend Azhar to contest from old city against Asaduddin, not a bad move.

Good move. Anyone is better than Asasuddin, Akbaruddin and the whole Owaisi clan!

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:35 am

Corrupt Vs. Communal

Who would Hyderabad elect to represent?

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 am

Question:

Does the majority of Telugus consider Azharuddin as a Telugu?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 am

Rishi wrote:Question:

No. Some might consider him a fellow Hyderabadi.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 am

rishi,
where this contest is taking place Muslim pop is mire than 60%. azhar is a decent guy and maintains good relations with hyd public. he will have good support among Hindu population.
the point i am making sin this place elections are held under sword. in the past mimic and congress bullied their way to victory. now ruling congress is opposed to mim.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 am

No. He's not a telugu. Nor do we consider Sania Mirza a telugu. As Sania declared proudly in one interview (something to this effect) 'I don't know telugu. I can speak only very little telugu, just enough to converse with the servants.'

Most hyderabadi muslims don't care to learn telugu and they get by without knowing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 am

nenu wrote:

No. He's not a telugu. Nor do we consider Sania Mirza a telugu. As Sania declared proudly in one interview (something to this effect) 'I don't know telugu. I can speak only very little telugu, just enough to converse with the servants.'

Most hyderabadi muslims don't care to learn telugu and they get by without knowing it.

And Max is upset that NI hindus working at IIT, CSIR in Chennai do not learn to speak Tamil.

Why should Muslims be considered as special? Why diiferent set of expectations for them?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Rishi wrote:
nenu wrote:

And Max is upset that NI hindus working at IIT, CSIR in Chennai do not learn to speak Tamil.

Why should Muslims be considered as special? Why diiferent set of expectations for them?

The IIT students are there only for 4 yrs. The hyderabadi muslims have been living there for generations, through centuries. The current hyderabadis who refuse to learn telugu were born and brought up in AP and probably lead the rest of their lives, until they die, in AP.

My brother has been living in Chennai. He speaks in tamil pretty fluently. So does my SIL.

Edit: oh you said the ones working at IIT, not the students? Maybe because IIT chennai is an island of its own in the big city. Maybe that's why. Hyderabadi muslims who refuse to learn telugu also live in their own ghettos, so don't find the need to go mainstream.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:53 pm

southindian wrote:

Corrupt Vs. Communal

Who would Hyderabad elect to represent?

How is this any different than other constituencies, both are norm in India.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:40 pm

nenu wrote:

The IIT students are there only for 4 yrs. The hyderabadi muslims have been living there for generations, through centuries. The current hyderabadis who refuse to learn telugu were born and brought up in AP and probably lead the rest of their lives, until they die, in AP.

My brother has been living in Chennai. He speaks in tamil pretty fluently. So does my SIL.

Edit: oh you said the ones working at IIT, not the students? Maybe because IIT chennai is an island of its own in the big city. Maybe that's why. Hyderabadi muslims who refuse to learn telugu also live in their own ghettos, so don't find the need to go mainstream.

I don't know one can compare Chennai with Hyderabad though it may be possible that one can survive speaking only Telugu in Chennai. About Muslims refusing to learn (or unable to speak) local language in not unique to Hyd; same is true for Gulbarga, Bidar , Raichur etc., probably has got to do with the Nizam rule and will take a few generations to change.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 pm

More muslims today speak broken telugu. Those who moved away from old city learn telugu for survival. At the younger generation know as much telugu as westrenized telugu young people.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm

yogi wrote:Winning in Hyderabad constituency depends on who gets the support of shiites and i think Azhar has got a fair chance of winning here as he did in Moradabad.
Yes, Azhar stands a decent chance of winning Hyderabad. Nominating him for that seat would be a good strategic move for Congress. But I expect MIM to put up a tough and rather nasty fight. It can get interesting depending on who TDP and BJP decide to field... the Muslim vote is split, some of the other groups may come in to play, particularly with the steady erosion of the MIM's advantage in the fringes of the old city.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:02 pm

trofimov wrote:
Yes, Azhar stands a decent chance of winning Hyderabad. Nominating him for that seat would be a good strategic move for Congress. But I expect MIM to put up a tough and rather nasty fight. It can get interesting depending on who TDP and BJP decide to field... the Muslim vote is split, some of the other groups may come in to play, particularly with the steady erosion of the MIM's advantage in the fringes of the old city.

Is he still married to the Bijlani Babe? read somewhere she was again seen at Sallu's B'day party in his house.

Think it is time that he make legally make illegal money from his "homeland"

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Uppili wrote:
trofimov wrote:

Is he still married to the Bijlani Babe? read somewhere she was again seen at Sallu's B'day party in his house.

No, they divorced a year or 2 ago.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:20 pm

nevada wrote:
Uppili wrote:
trofimov wrote:

really? she was ugly anyway. well, so was he. i wonder if he is with anyone else now. i need to google right away. BTW, there is some celebrity cricket league matches going on and i watched about 30 mins or so of the finals and some of the kannadiga and telugu players are pretty damn good!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 pm

nevada wrote:

Looks like they are just separated - bcz Our Mian was seeing the 26 yr old badminton player. Guess he is looking to convert another hindu (after Ayesha) and gain brownie points with Allah.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:[
really? she was ugly anyway. well, so was he. i wonder if he is with anyone else now. i need to google right away. BTW, there is some celebrity cricket league matches going on and i watched about 30 mins or so of the finals and some of the kannadiga and telugu players are pretty damn good!

C'mon, was she? I don't quite get this celebrity cricket league crap, been going on for a couple of years now. I guess everything and anything chalta hain in a cricket crazy nation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:
nevada wrote:
Uppili wrote:
trofimov wrote:

He was very ugly looking to begin with but a few millions and several pounds of weight gain later he started to look bearable.
Many years ago while rummaging through old books at my parents' home I came across a readers digest magazine from 1978 and on the last page, there was a sari ad. The model was Bijlani. Assuming that she was at-least 18-20 by then, she is 3-5 years older than Azharuddin.

Last edited by nevada on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:[

C'mon, was she? I don't quite get this celebrity cricket league crap, been going on for a couple of years now. I guess everything and anything chalta hain in a cricket crazy nation.

The crowd seems to love it, so I don't see anything wrong with it. At-least it is an official tamasha league without any pretensions.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down