Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godly celebration and violence

5 posters

Go down

Godly celebration and violence Empty Godly celebration and violence

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Asaram Bapu, the "god man" who famously blamed the victim of the Delhi gangrape, is back in the news. This time, for violence against journalists who covered his Holi festivities in a state experiencing its worst drought in 40 years.

http://news.oneindia.in/2013/03/19/asaram-bapu-violence-press-club-apolgises-to-journos-1175408.html

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Godly celebration and violence Empty Re: Godly celebration and violence

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 pm

trofimov ,
have you now taken up the crusade against anything.Hindu? if drought in maharastra is an issue of importance, why don't you find drought related news in stead of a group of people who paid their own money to get water from legal but private sources?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:21 pm

truthbetold wrote:trofimov ,
have you now taken up the crusade against anything.Hindu? if drought in maharastra is an issue of importance, why don't you find drought related news in stead of a group of people who paid their own money to get water from legal but private sources?
My problem is not with Holi celebrations, which I enjoy myself, but with violence against journalists.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:30 pm

why is a private party's conduct worthy of such discussion? why is this no name guy's actions threatening freedom of press? the lack of relevance of this character makes me think of crusades similar to right wing radio going after some welfare cheat.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm

truthbetold wrote:why is a private party's conduct worthy of such discussion? why is this no name guy's actions threatening freedom of press?
I didn't say it threatens freedom of press. I think the conduct of his followers is worth discussing because it is violent and illegal. That they do this for a "religious" cause makes it all the more relevant for public discussion.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 pm

After all, you need 2 hands to clap! The violence must have started by the followers. IF they have requested the journalists to be their bhaiyas/behans these wouldnot have happened!

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm

FluteHolder wrote:After all, you need 2 hands to clap! The violence must have started by the followers. IF they have requested the journalists to be their bhaiyas/behans these wouldnot have happened!
Yes, it takes two hands to clap, but no, it doesn't take two hands to throw stones.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 pm

tri ,
disappointed with your argument. but let us move on.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Don't trust Journalists in India.

Journalists in India don't just follow a story they create situations to start a story and then cover it. The Assam (Gauhati) girl molestation was started by a journalist. Paparazzi in the west and "most" journalists in India work for TRPs.

Journalists too have to bring food to their table, raise families and becoming a journalist in India's is last in work chain somewhere close to becoming a lawyer. Turn on any channel in India to see journalists fighting to become Burka Dutta's and Goswamis.

Such news reporting from India can only be taken seriously with a sack of salt.

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:10 pm

If the choice is between trusting journalists who have video evidence and trusting a "godman" who blamed the Delhi gangrape victim, I think it should be obvious who deserves to be trusted.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 pm

I like Asaram Bapu. He does to Hindus what I do to Christians. I hope he accepts Jesus as his savior.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Pope Francis wrote:I like Asaram Bapu. He does to Hindus what I do to Christians. I hope he accepts Jesus as his savior.
lol!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Police have used video and photo evidence of the stone pelting to arrest Asaram Bapu's supporters for their assault on journalists.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/23-supporters-of-asaram-bapu-arrested-for-assaulting-mediapersons/1090382/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down