Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jumma Chumma

5 posters

Go down

Jumma Chumma Empty Jumma Chumma

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:47 am

disclaimer: I don't endorse the video content of the song (it's distasteful, specially towards the end). The song has some other memory content for me.

Back to top Go down

Jumma Chumma Empty Re: Jumma Chumma

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:57 am

No body buys into those disclaimers. That song was a roaring hit.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:31 am

although i have heard this song, i hadn't heard of the movie hum.i don't recall watching a single movie in the early 90s for it was a hectic period of my life. i am surprised i hadn't heard of it 'cos it is an AB movie that i missed and i should have caught up with it later! he acts like quite a stylish mawali in this song. brilliant!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:41 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:although i have heard this song, i hadn't heard of the movie hum.i don't recall watching a single movie in the early 90s for it was a hectic period of my life. i am surprised i hadn't heard of it 'cos it is an AB movie that i missed and i should have caught up with it later! he acts like quite a stylish mawali in this song. brilliant!

The movie was all right. Actually Rajinikant and Govinda sorta made it funner in the second half. Actually quite a few comic actors like kadar khan, annu kapoor, and anupam kher. Can watch it for all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:51 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:although i have heard this song, i hadn't heard of the movie hum.i don't recall watching a single movie in the early 90s for it was a hectic period of my life. i am surprised i hadn't heard of it 'cos it is an AB movie that i missed and i should have caught up with it later! he acts like quite a stylish mawali in this song. brilliant!

The movie was all right. Actually Rajinikant and Govinda sorta made it funner in the second half. Actually quite a few comic actors like kadar khan, annu kapoor, and anupam kher. Can watch it for all that.
will watch tomorrow or next week. texas for the reco.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

watched it on youtube just now... give it a pass, lol. would be a waste of time, unless u want to watch one of those leave-brain-totally-outside kinda movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:36 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

watched it on youtube just now... give it a pass, lol. would be a waste of time, unless u want to watch one of those leave-brain-totally-outside kinda movie.
good idea. pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:36 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
disclaimer: I don't endorse the video content of the song (it's distasteful, specially towards the end). The song has some other memory content for me.

** amitabh bachman is so ugly to look at. i understand that he's an indian icon but he really looks like some guy who belongs on top of a donkey heading back to tora bora. and that video really gives me a lot of insight into the delhi male psyche.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:48 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
** amitabh bachman is so ugly to look at. i understand that he's an indian icon but he really looks like some guy who belongs on top of a donkey heading back to tora bora. and that video really gives me a lot of insight into the delhi male psyche.
nandu, i thought you liked tall men pretty much regardless of their other other qualities. why this sudden about turn?

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:14 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
nandu, i thought you liked tall men pretty much regardless of their other other qualities. why this sudden about turn?
** yes, but this guy is too tall. you know what they say about abe lincoln - that he may have had marfan's syndrome. i think AB may have it too. it's 206am, i think i should sleep. you remind me of food. the other day i went to new york to meet up with family, to saravana bhavan and my cousin had a paneer dosa, i didn't even know they had it on their menu. it wasn't there when i was growing up. i think that dish has immense potential in the right hands. oh, did you know that pepper (pippal) and ginger(inji) are tamizh words?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:22 am

pravalika nanda wrote:oh, did you know that pepper (pippal) and ginger(inji) are tamizh words?
i did not know that! interesting.

ps. glad i remind you of food. Smile my utmost priority is to try the benne masala dosa of bangalore's CTR. my son has tried it and he was impressed. paneer dosa? pass. i don't like paneer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

Indian guys are dark and ugly. Even if they are tall. AB may be a superstar and all that but as far as Nandu is concerned, he's still a DUGIO.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 am

i always thought AB looked a bit like them eunuchs who hassle folks sitting in autorikshaws stopped at traffic lights in bombay. this song reinforces that impression. until the woman made an entrance i thought this is an item song featuring the item -- AB.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i always thought AB looked a bit like them eunuchs who hassle folks sitting in autorikshaws stopped at traffic lights in bombay. this song reinforces that impression. until the woman made an entrance i thought this is an item song featuring the item -- AB.
** oh wow, max, that's such a mean thing to say, but i'm glad you said it cuz i was feeling bad about my donkey line, i was like "that vidya bagchi's gonna get pissed at me" but you just really surpassed me.
** you made two mistakes in your note above. are you having a hangover? cuz i had too much to drink on friday and this weekend i had both saturday and sunday off. however, cuz i had such a bad hangover that i spent all day in bed yesterday. i don't think i should drink at all. i had rum, is that worse than vodka? cuz usually i'm fine with vodka.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 am

lol... no I won't get pissed. AB was almost 50 in this song, and this was from the phase when he was doing awkward cosmetic surgeries and he was past his youth, but before he developed his new bearded look.

He was never known for handsome or physique. He was loved by the public for the characters he portrayed (well), and he was loved even more for his modest and humble personality off screen.

I have shaken hands with him, and stood within one foot of him once. He has a jaw-droppingly strong personality.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i always thought AB looked a bit like them eunuchs who hassle folks sitting in autorikshaws stopped at traffic lights in bombay. this song reinforces that impression. until the woman made an entrance i thought this is an item song featuring the item -- AB.
** oh wow, max, that's such a mean thing to say, but i'm glad you said it cuz i was feeling bad about my donkey line, i was like "that vidya bagchi's gonna get pissed at me" but you just really surpassed me.
** you made two mistakes in your note above. are you having a hangover? cuz i had too much to drink on friday and this weekend i had both saturday and sunday off. however, cuz i had such a bad hangover that i spent all day in bed yesterday. i don't think i should drink at all. i had rum, is that worse than vodka? cuz usually i'm fine with vodka.

there are bombay cinema actors i like who are much better actors than this overhyped individual. people like naseeruddin shah, om puri, and nana patekar.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:23 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:He was never known for handsome or physique. He was loved by the public for the characters he portrayed (well), and he was loved even more for his modest and humble personality off screen.
looking back, as a kid, i found, among heros, vinod khanna the most dashing and then dharmendra. vinod khanna as a dacoit astride a horse, holding a sword -- that image. among heroines, hema malini and then moushimi chatterjee.

He has a jaw-droppingly strong personality.
fully agree. there is an elegance, poise and a quick wit about him in KBC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:36 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:there is an elegance, poise and a quick wit about him in KBC.
SRK is also quick witted. in fact he is better than AB but AB never dumbs down the guest which make people ooze respect for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

looking back, as a kid, i found, among heros, vinod khanna the most dashing and then dharmendra. vinod khanna as a dacoit astride a horse, holding a sword -- that image. among heroines, hema malini and then moushimi chatterjee.

Amitabh is not particularly handsome to me, but has an unmistakable presence- dignified and majestic on screen. I like his deep voice and that adds to his presence!

Among Hindi cinema stars..see Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Shashi Kapoor as handsome in that order!

HK..if you read this, if I may..anger management is a good thing for *all of us. Whether it is actions or words..self-control is not easy, esp. with loved ones..who often get the brunt of it. It's a good idea for all of us to practice some self-restraint!

Have a good day/night everyone!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 pm

i am ignorant of Marfan syndrome or whatever but how did it affect big B's acting? he lived a full life and had a dignified presence.
one of the keys to a good actor is his or ability to modulate voice. while the actors mentioned by max are good actors none of them have the acting range or voice modulation capabilities of AB .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Maria S wrote: Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Shashi Kapoor as handsome in that order!
interesting. we are missing mustaches here though. Razz

HK..if you read this, if I may..anger management is a good thing for *all of us. Whether it is actions or words..self-control is not easy, esp. with loved ones..who often get the brunt of it. It's a good idea for all of us to practice some self-restraint!

Have a good day/night everyone!
ya, i know. i have never been violent save this instance and slapping my older when he was 9 years old when he could not solve a venn diagram problem after 5 attempts. mercifully he has no memory of the incident. i do not think i can get violent again for i am scared that the rest are younger, adults and stronger than me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum