Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddhists and Muslims

3 posters

Go down

Buddhists and Muslims Empty Buddhists and Muslims

Post by Rishi Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Buddhist nationalists demanded Muslim religious leaders stop issuing "Halal" certificates, which certify that local products comply with Islamic tenets, charging that the fees paid for certification were passed onto unwitting — often non-Muslim— consumers and used to construct mosques. Certification was made free of cost last month.

They have also campaigned for laws aimed at the Muslim community. One would stop women from wearing a veil.

"I have a fundamental right when I go in the street to see the face of a person," said Dilantha Withanage, an official of the prominent Buddhist nationalist group Bodu Bala Sena, or Buddhist Force.

Another proposed law would stop Muslim men from being able to marry up to four women.

"What we are fighting for is a single legal system in this country. If a Muslim has the right to marry four wives let the Buddhists also have that," he said.

http://www.samachar.com/New-fears-in-Sri-Lanka-amid-antiMuslim-campaign-nehqK4fgjib.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Buddhists and Muslims Empty Re: Buddhists and Muslims

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Hahahaha...This was EXACTLY what a SL muslim told me at a rental car company 2 weeks back (and I mentioned it here as well). I never heard of it until he told me that.

This is one thing that I approve of the Budhists.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Rishi wrote:Buddhist nationalists demanded Muslim religious leaders stop issuing "Halal" certificates, which certify that local products comply with Islamic tenets, charging that the fees paid for certification were passed onto unwitting — often non-Muslim— consumers and used to construct mosques. Certification was made free of cost last month.

They have also campaigned for laws aimed at the Muslim community. One would stop women from wearing a veil.

"I have a fundamental right when I go in the street to see the face of a person," said Dilantha Withanage, an official of the prominent Buddhist nationalist group Bodu Bala Sena, or Buddhist Force.

Another proposed law would stop Muslim men from being able to marry up to four women.

"What we are fighting for is a single legal system in this country. If a Muslim has the right to marry four wives let the Buddhists also have that," he said.

http://www.samachar.com/New-fears-in-Sri-Lanka-amid-antiMuslim-campaign-nehqK4fgjib.html

Hmm.... Is BJP an Indian branch of this Singhalese outfit? Our extremely brilliant SUCH scholars will strongly condemn this chaddistic, communal Singhalese terrorism.

As an aside - it seems SL Tamils are more "secular" - they seem be friendly to SL Muslims (just like DKheads in TN). If India is worried that SL will tilt towards PakiSatan, she should stop worrying. SL and Thailand seem to understand the need for a uniform civil code, unlike India and her extremely brilliant fukular scholars.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down