Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Orange

5 posters

Go down

The Last Orange Empty The Last Orange

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Abandoned-40-years-ago-US-techie-reunites-with-family-in-India/articleshow/19467767.cms
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

The Last Orange Empty Re: The Last Orange

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:51 am

fascinating journey. thanks for posting this. i think his mother might be having undiagnosed mental health issues -- how else can she appear to be so heartless?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:fascinating journey. thanks for posting this. i think his mother might be having undiagnosed mental health issues -- how else can she appear to be so heartless?

how can a mother be heartless? read this news. new widow murders kids for some sex:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/18/heather-jensen-sons-died-hyperthermia-car-sex-nearby

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:fascinating journey. thanks for posting this. i think his mother might be having undiagnosed mental health issues -- how else can she appear to be so heartless?

how can a mother be heartless? read this news. new widow murders kids for some sex:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/18/heather-jensen-sons-died-hyperthermia-car-sex-nearby
OMFG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 am

I've seen moms being cold to their own children and not have the ability to show affection or have any kind of attachment for them. That probably came from their own neglected and affection-less childhood, which was the case. They have their own psychological issues.
I'm wondering what happened to his sister and what her story is. Looks like she was reunited with her family.

As for the kids dying of hyperthermia, it's heartbreaking! Gross, unpardonable negligence of the mother.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 am

Do you think Kisan Upadhyay would feel the void (again) of knowing a birth-mother not giving him love and protection? He may have everything now but I'm sure he craved for his mother's love, he never had. I feel the emptiness just thinking about the sadness.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:46 am

nenu wrote:I'm wondering what happened to his sister and what her story is.
even i felt curious about her story. she feted him as a mother but their separation and loss of contact remains shrouded in mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
nenu wrote:I'm wondering what happened to his sister and what her story is.
even i felt curious about her story. she feted him as a mother but their separation and loss of contact remains shrouded in mystery.

His sister spent 9 years in slavery working from one household to another and managed to survive alone without her brother Kisan.

http://kisanupadhaya.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 pm

wow. thanks rashmun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm going to read the book

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 pm

I know people who blame their Indian roots and marry Americans and don't take them to India coz they feel that they don't want to make their spouses embarrassed with Indian roads?! Of course they are raised with good parents.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

I think besides Mother's love - yeah there can be circumstances that can make a Mom take on with their kids. But next to Mom; it is the siblings and the very best relationship in this world is between a grand mom and a granddaughter….my views.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Abandoned-40-years-ago-US-techie-reunites-with-family-in-India/articleshow/19467767.cms

>>>I read the article this morning. The mother may some psychological issues judging by the orange story and her inability to react. It was probably the same lack of ability to connect emotionally that led to her abandoning the kids to begin with. Quite sad.Hope the guy connects with his sister and has a happy home life.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down