Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i guess this is why they are politicians

4 posters

Go down

i guess this is why they are politicians Empty i guess this is why they are politicians

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm

really leaves a bad taste when politicians decide to ditch long held principled positions in the interest of getting instant brownie points from the public.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/21/schumer-says-death-penalty-appropriate-in-boston-case/?hpt=hp_c2
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

i guess this is why they are politicians Empty Re: i guess this is why they are politicians

Post by Hellsangel Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Was the Honorable Liberal from New York against the death penalty on principle in the past?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

i guess this is why they are politicians Empty Re: i guess this is why they are politicians

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:56 pm

turns out it is an incorrect assumption on my part.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:26 pm

How about you, Il Professore? When it comes to northindians, you freely quote statistics. But even though there is a lot of correlation between Muslims and terrorist acts, you are silent. Why this bias?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 am

Hellsangel wrote:How about you, Il Professore? When it comes to northindians, you freely quote statistics. But even though there is a lot of correlation between Muslims and terrorist acts, you are silent. Why this bias?

interesting.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:00 am

Max the genius has the selective data usage problem.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 am

Hellsangel wrote:How about you, Il Professore? When it comes to northindians, you freely quote statistics. But even though there is a lot of correlation between Muslims and terrorist acts, you are silent. Why this bias?

i don't have the time for addressing the larger question right now, but much of the discussion about muslims on sulekha and here has been about indian muslims. to my knowledge, indian muslims have not been implicated in any terror related activities. hindus and muslims are equally responsible for the religious clashes that occur in india. however, it is my observation that indian hindus, especially NRIs conveniently pile on to the global islam-bashing with glee.

as for the larger question about islam and terrorism, i fully grant that radical islam and politics make for an incendiary combination, but i view the question in the larger context of what the israelis do to palestinians and what americans have done in iraq. i condone neither islamic terrorism nor the atrocities on palestinians. there is more to be said about this, but later.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down