Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPR/AED training

+7
Captain Bhankas
Merlot Daruwala
Nila
gone
garam_kuta
Propagandhi711
Impedimenta
11 posters

Go down

CPR/AED training Empty CPR/AED training

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:59 pm

a life skill everyone should have, just like swimmming. This is a mandatory training that i needed to take and am thoroughly enjoying it, even giving mouth to mouth[rescue breath] to the dummy....Smile

how many here are CPR certified? how many know what an AED stands for? just curious

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

CPR/AED training Empty Re: CPR/AED training

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 pm

not all of us are dancing rockstars with life skills and fancy running shoes

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:05 pm

telugu hero, you need mental health training.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:08 pm

who do I need to evaluate with the said training? I can already spot nuts from quite a distance

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:who do I need to evaluate with the said training? I can already spot nuts from quite a distance

and CJ, huh? bounce

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:who do I need to evaluate with the said training? I can already spot nuts from quite a distance

the man in the mirror.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:18 pm

My DH says according to ACLS guidelines, mouth-to-mouth is no longer ideal. Just keep pumping the chest and aspirin if available.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

the man in the mirror.

so generous and charitable today? CPR/AED training 459784477

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

the man in the mirror.

so you took the CPR to administer to yourself when you fall gasping for breath from doing your dance? makes a lot of sense

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

the man in the mirror.

so you took the CPR to administer to yourself when you fall gasping for breath from doing your dance? makes a lot of sense

you seriously need to chill. have a good day. who is asking you to reply to my threads anyway? you are the genius here. I am the dumbass. now move on. Rolling Eyes

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

the man in the mirror.

weird how you always hover around like a bathroom attendant in one of those fancy hotel restrooms with washcloth on your hand whenever impy is taking a whizz or dropping e-deuce..like you're a long term stalker or something. must have something to do with your title, incomprehensible stalkeran

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm

mainstreet wrote:My DH says according to ACLS guidelines, mouth-to-mouth is no longer ideal. Just keep pumping the chest and aspirin if available.

DH is wrong. Very Happy rescue breaths are a life saver wrt infants is what i learnt today. I have a toddler who had a seizure and it was the most scariest experience in my life because we were helpless and for a moment, we thought we lost him Crying or Very sad. I would do anything to help anyone in that situation, let alone myself. which is why i took this training

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

the man in the mirror.

you seriously need to chill. have a good day. who is asking you to reply to my threads anyway? you are the genius here. I am the dumbass. now move on. Rolling Eyes

your threads? take a midol and drink some chamomile tea, bitch. you dont have "your threads"..if you dont want me to respond, stop responding to me.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Sorry to hear that your toddler had a seizure. That must have been scary for sure. I don't know anything about kids' seizures or drowning victims. Only adult CPR based on what I've seen DH do in random public places like airplanes.

http://www.aclsrecertificationonline.com/acls-guide-to-hands-only-cpr.html

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm

ok, not my threads. but, what's with the name calling? Shocked

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:41 pm

mainstreet wrote:Sorry to hear that your toddler had a seizure. That must have been scary for sure. I don't know anything about kids' seizures or drowning victims. Only adult CPR based on what I've seen DH do in random public places like airplanes.

http://www.aclsrecertificationonline.com/acls-guide-to-hands-only-cpr.html

DH = ? dear husband? oh ya, trust me, you don't want to experience a kid have a seizure. I will not wish that even on my enemies. every single day i see my kid, i thank god once.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

the man in the mirror.

weird how you always hover around like a bathroom attendant in one of those fancy hotel restrooms with washcloth on your hand whenever impy is taking a whizz or dropping e-deuce..like you're a long term stalker or something. must have something to do with your title, incomprehensible stalkeran

i bet its only hot air that comes out of that excuse for a penii (sp?) CPR/AED training 3077217049and you are upset that you never could use such service Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:42 pm

I was thinking of taking but there used to be an yearly one free class at our office. In other days there is a fee. Razz

Missed our 2 free lessons...may be join the next class this Aug.

Dont know about AED?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Nila wrote:I was thinking of taking but there used to be an yearly one free class at our office. In other days there is a fee. Razz

Dont know about AED?

take it. very useful. Automatic External Defibrillator. Google it. There is also an android and iphone app from american red cross. Download it. It takes you through an emergency step my step.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Nila wrote:I was thinking of taking but there used to be an yearly one free class at our office. In other days there is a fee. Razz

Dont know about AED?

take it. very useful. Automatic External Defibrillator. Google it. There is also an android and iphone app from american red cross. Download it. It takes you through an emergency step my step.

Thanks for the info. Smile

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 am

Impedimenta wrote:a life skill everyone should have, just like swimmming. This is a mandatory training that i needed to take and am thoroughly enjoying it, even giving mouth to mouth[rescue breath] to the dummy....Smile

how many here are CPR certified? how many know what an AED stands for? just curious

Very comforting to know that some day when I see you face to face and I clutch my chest and keel over from your sheer awesomeness, you'll revive me with a mmmm...mouth to mouth.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:weird how you always hover around like a bathroom attendant in one of those fancy hotel restrooms with washcloth on your hand...

hahaha. he is the modern jeeves who has these unique powers to materialize out of nowhere when his butlee needs him.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:a life skill everyone should have, just like swimmming. This is a mandatory training that i needed to take and am thoroughly enjoying it, even giving mouth to mouth[rescue breath] to the dummy....Smile

Very comforting to know that some day when I see you face to face and I clutch my chest and keel over from your sheer awesomeness, you'll revive me with a mmmm...mouth to mouth.

*impy blushing, sorta an anti climax to her mid life crisis situation* after that i might need CPR myself....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:24 am

Very important topic. Thanks for starting the discussion.

The first aid training to people (including especially in CPR/AED) will also be of great benefit in India where the incidents of heart attack etc. are on the rise.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 am

Impedimenta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

*impy blushing, sorta an anti climax to her mid life crisis situation* after that i might need CPR myself....

Dang! this reminds me of Police Academy movie 2nd time this morning Smile

One minor issue with giving CPR to MD though, he might get up and start doing Bharatanatyam dance (shall we say, instant Arangetram)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 am

I, good to know about your training..and it's important that everyone makes the effort to be CPR - BLS trained.

*Try to also stay current when it comes to certification..the guidelines often change- are updated.

Glad your son is okay.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:33 am

Impedimenta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

LOL..yeah. it's all feasible now, i mean your fav* sea-food diet is no longer an impediment to such spontaneous altruistic action Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:15 am

Impedimenta wrote:

Dont know about AED?

Oh...that one...

Until Nilamma takes the course...she can simply put her two fingers in any outlet and will have the same jerky body motion...

Now that is A E D.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am

upps sir, you are slightly obsessed with nila. just an observation. that puts you in my foe's list.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Impedimenta wrote:upps sir, you are slightly obsessed with nila. just an observation. that puts you in my foe's list.

hahaha... I am going through menopause right now, and of late, am getting in on everyone's foe's list...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:upps sir, you are slightly obsessed with nila. just an observation. that puts you in my foe's list.

hahaha... I am going through menopause right now, and of late, am getting in on everyone's foe's list...

I knew it. You are a woman in a man's body.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 am

Nila wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I knew it. You are a woman in a man's body.

Sorry....I can't make Impy angry.... That is how it is. Will answer after she gives her permission...:p

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down