Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kid gets one day suspension in school

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Bittu
6 posters

Go down

kid gets one day suspension in school Empty kid gets one day suspension in school

Post by Bittu Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 pm

kid wasn't supposed to leave the school premises. He goes off with four
other friends out of the school anyway for a couple of hours. They all
get caught and get sent off to different counselors in school. This one
kid gets a one day suspension and the other kids get detention on
Saturday.

One-day-suspension-kid's mom is freaking the fuck out.

"Something very serious happened today with my kiddo"

"I'm going to have to go to the school tomorrow and beg with the counselor to lower the punishment"

"The kid's future is at stake here"

"I'm very worried and my husband is googling like crazy to find out the consequences of getting a one day suspension in school"

So I mean...I never went to school in this country but common sense says that this one day suspension is not going to jeopardize this kid's future in any way. He'll probably chill out at home while his maid servant of a mother will hand feed him idli-sambhar.

Gotta wonder how this lady handles REAL problems in life.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

kid gets one day suspension in school Empty Re: kid gets one day suspension in school

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 pm

These are what are called Helicopter-moms who micromanage their kids lives every minute until a wife/husband comes and takes over the kids' lives. Or, the kids grow up turning into Tamarlans.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

kid gets one day suspension in school Empty Re: kid gets one day suspension in school

Post by seven Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Gotta wonder how this lady handles REAL problems in life.

ask you for advice on chat. duh!

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 am

Also note that the mom - or dad for that matter - are not punishing the kid in any way. They're probably scared of him and that's a whole another topic. All they're trying to do is suck the counselor's dick so that their precious son doesn't have a "black mark on his record for life"

Fucking idiots.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:00 am

Bittu wrote:Also note that the mom - or dad for that matter - are not punishing the kid in any way. They're probably scared of him and that's a whole another topic. All they're trying to do is suck the counselor's dick so that their precious son doesn't have a "black mark on his record for life"

Fucking idiots.

Are you saying that they didn't have a talk to him nor he is grounded.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Are you saying that they didn't have a talk to him nor he is grounded.

The kid said to his parents, "If you don't come to school and talk to the counselor, you're being bad parents" I think it would be safe to assume that he's not grounded or punished in any way.

I dunno, maybe his parents think this suspension will affect his ability to fetch maximum dowry when he gets married. Just realized this could be the main issue here.

0 suspension days groom = 10 CR dowry

1 suspension days groom = 9 CR dowry

2 suspension days groom = 8 CR dowry

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:These are what are called Helicopter-moms who micromanage their kids lives every minute until a wife/husband comes and takes over the kids' lives. Or, the kids grow up turning into Tamarlans.

Oh.. what an analysis.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am

Bittu wrote:

I dunno, maybe his parents think this suspension will affect his ability to fetch maximum dowry when he gets married. Just realized this could be the main issue here.

0 suspension days groom = 10 CR dowry

1 suspension days groom = 9 CR dowry

2 suspension days groom = 8 CR dowry

Oh! them Telugus. On the bright side this kid appears to possess leadership qualities considering he is the only one suspended (unless typical racial biases at play). I thought elementary school suspensions won't leave any black marks. Though appealing to lower the punishment is the natural reaction it might set a wrong precedent, that kid might get the wrong idea in the event of successful appeal and may think he can get away with a bigger mischief

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 am

In my world, my kid getting suspended from school is a REAL problem. It could be different in your world. An ex wanting to re-enter your life could be a REAL problem for you. Different ppl, different priorities and problems! Accept that.

A suspension from school is indeed a big thing. It will be there in his records as a black mark. He may have to give explanation in the applications, etc on why he got the suspension. Also, the scholarships he got could have been revoked. That's losing thousands of dollars.

I took him to school today and made him apologize to his counselor for breaking the school rules and promise her that he won't do it again. The counselor didn't have any intention to suspend him anyway. It was just a scare tactic to set him in order and it did work very well. She reduced the punishment to Saturday detention now.

As for my husband and me disciplining him: yes, we did take this very seriously. We had a very stern talk with him. As a punishment, he won't be attending a friend's birthday party that he was planning on attending this weekend. And no more after school chess sessions with his friends at McDonald's. It's straight home from school. The kiddo realized his mistake and learned other important lessons too from this incident, which i won't be discussing here. In the end, it turned out to be very much for his own good.

As for your doubt about how i'd deal with real problems/catastrophes in life, you don't have to worry about it. I was not immune from them. I've had my own real catastrophes in life (one almost on the brink of losing my son and/or deal with an autoimmune disease of his for life) and I came out to be very strong and resilient. Women may seem weak and tensed abt little problems, but when a disaster strikes, they are the ones who come out stronger and are the pillars of strength for everyone around, esp their husbands.

PS 1: I'm ignoring your blabbering abt dowry and stuff above. Not worth a comment coz it's utter BS.
PS 2: I'm going Vid's way, away from the chat, forums and all this rut. Adios!

btw, EOD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:07 am

kinnera wrote:In my world, my kid getting suspended from school is a REAL problem. It could be different in your world. An ex wanting to re-enter your life could be a REAL problem for you. Different ppl, different priorities and problems! Accept that.

A suspension from school is indeed a big thing. It will be there in his records as a black mark. He may have to give explanation in the applications, etc on why he got the suspension. Also, the scholarships he got could have been revoked. That's losing thousands of dollars.

I took him to school today and made him apologize to his counselor for breaking the school rules and promise her that he won't do it again. The counselor didn't have any intention to suspend him anyway. It was just a scare tactic to set him in order and it did work very well. She reduced the punishment to Saturday detention now.

As for my husband and me disciplining him: yes, we did take this very seriously. We had a very stern talk with him. As a punishment, he won't be attending a friend's birthday party that he was planning on attending this weekend. And no more after school chess sessions with his friends at McDonald's. It's straight home from school. The kiddo realized his mistake and learned other important lessons too from this incident, which i won't be discussing here. In the end, it turned out to be very much for his own good.

As for your doubt about how i'd deal with real problems/catastrophes in life, you don't have to worry about it. I was not immune from them. I've had my own real catastrophes in life (one almost on the brink of losing my son and/or deal with an autoimmune disease of his for life) and I came out to be very strong and resilient. Women may seem weak and tensed abt little problems, but when a disaster strikes, they are the ones who come out stronger and are the pillars of strength for everyone around, esp their husbands.

PS 1: I'm ignoring your blabbering abt dowry and stuff above. Not worth a comment coz it's utter BS.
PS 2: I'm going Vid's way, away from the chat, forums and all this rut. Adios!

btw, EOD.

come on....elementary school kid suspended for ONE day for escaping classes....and that is worse than felony? explanation in applications, no IVY league, no scholarships???

No wonder Desi parents think the same and over react...

No such shyt will happen unless he is arrested and gets into huge trouble. The counselors will still give him a great reco if he gets top grades - bcz they would love to claim one of their own went to a top school.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Any kid leaving the school premises is a big thing, esp in elementary. If it were a middle/high school, it's very common and a day of suspension it too much. Any Mom will try to reduce the punishment. Duh! Everything is gonna be a recorded history from 8th grade.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down