Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About JM

+4
MaxEntropy_Man
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
Rishi
8 posters

Go down

About JM Empty About JM

Post by Rishi Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:11 pm

1. If you disagree with JM on what he says about various topics, the right thing to do is to put forth your views, argue with him on the issue and leave it at that.

2, If you think he is a hate monger who calls you names or talks about your imaginary husbands, wives then just do not engage in any kind of discussion with him at all.

But to find out who really he is and the names of his family members and post it here is absolutely wrong.

I wonder why Carvaka never uttered a single word of condemnation when some members posted the personal details of JM.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

About JM Empty Re: About JM

Post by Rishi Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Of course JM having found out where Carvaka works and posted it here has not improved things either.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Rishi,
carvaka explicitly stated he is opposed to revealing and repeated posting of any members name. You know that. Why are you lying about it?
We all know only one true identity here . That identity requested his true identity not be used hence forth.
Jm is the worst repeat offender in that regard.
Your slavish devotion to your perceived intellectual superior disables your mental faculties to the point you cannot see the obvious.
If you have guts tell your intellectual master to show decency and not repeat real names.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:43 pm

TBT

When his friends revealed JM's identity on Sulekha, Carvka did not utter a single word.

Come to think of it, almost everyone on this forum is my intellectual superior.

Where is it written one has to be very smart?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:58 pm

i think Carvka [sic] and wussy iyer boys should be banned from this forum. too much trolling going around.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Rishi,
but you are a slave to only one.
All of us have different abilities. In any case, you cannot give up your indepence.
Only you can stand up for your values and your interests. However smart the other guy is he is only looking after his own interests, in this case his own set of opinions. Intellectual subservience is the worst form of slavery.
Do not suffer from indian middle class belief :
Spelling is knowledge and grammer is wisdom.
I know behind that dumb act of yours there is a normal person. Let that person out.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rishi,
All of us have different abilities. In any case, you cannot give up your indepence.
Only you can stand up for your values and your interests. However smart the other guy is he is only looking after his own interests, in this case his own set of opinions. Intellectual subservience is the worst form of slavery.
I know behind that dumb act of yours there is a normal person. Let that person out.
+1

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Rishi wrote:1. If you disagree with JM on what he says about various topics, the right thing to do is to put forth your views, argue with him on the issue and leave it at that.

2, If you think he is a hate monger who calls you names or talks about your imaginary husbands, wives then just do not engage in any kind of discussion with him at all.

But to find out who really he is and the names of his family members and post it here is absolutely wrong.

I wonder why Carvaka never uttered a single word of condemnation when some members posted the personal details of JM.

Is that an excuse for JM to keep posting on Carvaka's employer's details and what not, and you approve such conduct!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Couldn't have said it better. There is much to life than being IITan or Ivy Leaguean.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rishi wrote:1. If you disagree with JM on what he says about various topics, the right thing to do is to put forth your views, argue with him on the issue and leave it at that.

Is that an excuse for JM to keep posting on Carvaka's employer's details and what not, and you approve such conduct!

JM has posted Charvaka's private details only after Hellsangel and Propagandhi have posted private details about him. JM knows that this is the best way to get Charvaka to quickly come and remove the private information of everyone concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 pm

TBT, in my opinion the usage of words like 'slave' etc. should be avoided by you particularly when you are defending Panini Press (Charvaka). Sooner or later some people would start claiming that you are a slave of your fellow telugu Panini and are attacking others who criticize him using foul words because of your slavish mentality towards Panini and also because of your tribal loyalty towards him.
Rishi has spoken the truth when he said that Panini initially had no real interest with the revelation of JM's personal information (and was happy being a passive observer) and he developed an active interest in protecting the privacy of people only after JM started revealing private details of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

JM has posted Charvaka's private details only after Hellsangel and Propagandhi have posted private details about him. JM knows that this is the best way to get Charvaka to quickly come and remove the private information of everyone concerned.

Whose private details were posted yesterday/today that caused JM to lose his marbles.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:

TBT, in my opinion the usage of words like 'slave' etc. should be avoided by you particularly when you are defending Panini Press (Charvaka). Sooner or later some people would start claiming that you are a slave of your fellow telugu Panini and are attacking others who criticize him using foul words because of your slavish mentality towards Panini and also because of your tribal loyalty towards him.
Rishi has spoken the truth when he said that Panini initially had no real interest with the revelation of JM's personal information (and was happy being a passive observer) and he developed an active interest in protecting the privacy of people only after JM started revealing private details of him.

but but you've been a slave of youknowwho for a while now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:02 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Whose private details were posted yesterday/today that caused JM to lose his marbles.

Link please?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Rashmun wrote:

that is demonstrably false, and i have feeling you are deliberately misrepresenting the sequence of events. my initial posts on the subject prompted him to take notice and pay attention to this issue. you have yourself acknowledged my initial role in having carvaka take notice of revelation of posters' private information. so one wonders why you are pegging the starting point for the privacy policy at a much later point in time, well after my initial protest.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

but but you've been a slave of youknowwho for a while now.

Looks like one should refrain from criticizing any Gult otherwise the Gult Brigade is liable to come along and attack the critic. This is why I say that inter regional marriages should be encouraged. When more and more Gults are married to Bengalis, Biharis, UPites, etc. then this problem will cease to exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Looks like one should refrain from criticizing any Gult otherwise the Gult Brigade is liable to come along and attack the critic. This is why I say that inter regional marriages should be encouraged. When more and more Gults are married to Bengalis, Biharis, UPites, etc. then this problem will cease to exist.

Sorry man, I'm not a compulsive name caller nor could stoop to your level, ever. Go on with your biased rants.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

that is demonstrably false, and i have feeling you are deliberately misrepresenting the sequence of events. my initial posts on the subject prompted him to take notice and pay attention to this issue. you have yourself acknowledged my initial role in having carvaka take notice of revelation of posters' private information. so one wonders why you are pegging the starting point for the privacy policy at a much later point in time, well after my initial protest.

The Rules for Maintaining Privacy of a poster were composed by Charvaka only after JM started revealing private information about him. Until then he was happy to listen to you and do nothing else. Only after repeated protests by ME, Charvaka issued a warning to Hellsangel to desist from using the purported real name of JM (and other private information of JM) in his posts. But that had little or no effect on HA.
Also i had a good laugh when Charvaka turned around and justified his stance on Hellsangel when he claimed that he had been privately (hahaha) giving HA negative votes (hahaha) whenever HA would use the purported real name of a poster in his posts.
Incidentally, on the chaikaapi website JM's purported real name has been used to create a handle ID. Now whether this handle ID should be axed is a grey area (and notice that Charvaka has the final say on any issues of this type on chaikaapi--unlike this forum where forumotion may ask him to explain his actions). But it shows the mean and malicious nature of those who hate JM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Sorry man, I'm not a compulsive name caller nor could stoop to your level, ever. Go on with your biased rants.

you are supporting TBT even after TBT called Rishi a slave. You may not be a name caller but supporting those who unnecessarily hurl obscenities at others makes you equally guilty.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm

rash,
which rational thought can ever stop you saying anything you want?
you are free to say whatever to want say and i will be happy to respond.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 pm

truthbetold wrote:rash,

in my opinion you are an intelligent man. Please respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:45 pm

rash,
instead of revising history to suit our needs, let us look at current policy.
admin was enforcing blocking or erasing personal informationupon notification and within reasonable time.
jm seems to be uninterested in resolving the problem. he refuses to acknowledge the name in question as his and allow the process to take its course. he can do it in private communication.
but jm seems more interested in creating trouble for admin than protecting his privacy. that rises the question is the name in question his real name? if not posters are free to create names such as vani, and khatri.
only legitimate real names fall in the domain of privacy.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:48 pm

admin was enforcing blocking or erasing personal informationupon notification and within reasonable time.
jm seems to be uninterested in resolving the problem. he refuses to acknowledge the name in question as his and allow the process to take its course. he can do it in private communication.
but jm seems more interested in creating trouble for admin than protecting his privacy. that rises the question is the name in question his real name? if not posters are free to create names such as vani, and khatri.

Do you agree with my claim that you are an intelligent man?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:54 pm

rash,
read my response to your earlier post.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 pm

didn't vinod withdraw 'his/the poster's picture' and changed the handle name ?
going by the standards of the forum, should i be tempted to speculate that he's a wussy iyer boy?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:

This is the worst way to get back at and hurt TBT's reputation and intelligence.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Rishi wrote:I wonder why Carvaka never uttered a single word of condemnation when some members posted the personal details of JM.
There are two legitimate reasons why you might wonder that: (a) you did not read the words of condemnation that were written, or (b) your memory is not reliable.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Rishi wrote:When his friends revealed JM's identity on Sulekha, Carvka did not utter a single word.
This is false.

I was not the administrator of Sulekha. I nevertheless expressed my disapproval of the disclosure of personal information on the old site. I did so both when Jeremiah Mburuburu did it in his old avatar, and years later when HA and Propagandhi did it. It is not my problem if you haven't seen those posts, or don't remember them.

What is relevant is that JM deliberately chooses to commit what he considers criminal offenses. I will look for evidence of my statements on old CH and post them here.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Here is a post from old CH two years ago: http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_tendulkar-and-sehwag-as-metaphors-for-a-changing-india-1103657#1103782

moxifloxacin: I think it is entirely inappropriate and tasteless for hellsangel to bring the names of your family into CH discussions.

Carvaka quotes that line, and replies:
carvaka: I agree; if LW never mentioned his own name or the names of his family members on CH, nobody should mention them here -- even if they found out those names in private conversations, or through internet "research" (which may be no more than guesswork.)
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Interestingly, in the same thread, Luke Warmus says:

luke warmus: luke warmus is my name at sulekha; it may or may not be my real name. if anyone - you in particular - publicizes what s/he says is my real name and what s/he says are my address and telephone number, and the name of some woman who is allegedly my wife or daughter, you are violating the privacy laws of the u.s. and several states. the same holds for your encouraging someone else to do so. this is far more serious than violating your member's agreement with sulekha. what hellsangel and you have posted at sulekha are slanderous and libelous; your posts can endanger life, limb, property, and the reputations of those who post here and those who don't. remember that the records of your posts remain with sulekha as evidence of your misdeeds for many years. whether or not the names you publish as mine and of people connected with me are actually mine and theirs, hellsangel's and your deeds violate criminal and civil laws, and well-known ethical standards.

Much of what he said applies to his own deeds on this site.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:02 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

This is the worst way to get back at and hurt TBT's reputation and intelligence.

LOLu.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 pm

ide ,
i assumed that name was a play on
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruella_de_Vil.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 am

garam_kuta wrote:didn't vinod withdraw 'his/the poster's picture' and changed the handle name? going by the standards of the forum, should i be tempted to speculate that he's a wussy iyer boy?

i removed the picture because i no longer thought it fit to use it. but i changed my handle name not because it belonged to some real person but because i keep on changing my handle names. "vinod gupte" was a derivative of JM's favourite northindian, vinod gupta.

and btw, you may call me wussy not because of this handle/picture business but because i am definitely not a daredevil in real life.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:didn't vinod withdraw 'his/the poster's picture' and changed the handle name? going by the standards of the forum, should i be tempted to speculate that he's a wussy iyer boy?

i removed the picture because i no longer thought it fit to use it. but i changed my handle name not because it belonged to some real person but because i keep on changing my handle names. "vinod gupte" was a derivative of JM's favourite northindian, vinod gupta.

and btw, you may call me wussy not because of this handle/picture business but because i am definitely not a daredevil in real life.

personally i wouldn't captain...I totally believe 'everything in life is specific to context'.

that was in the context of brahmin-bashing by a couple of resident CJs.. or rather CJ couple Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum