Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chili oil

4 posters

Go down

chili oil Empty chili oil

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 pm

is there a big global demand for oil made from chilis? there's a chinese owned factory in east godavari that extracts chili oil and is 100% exported(not sold in india). does anyone know who uses this stuff and what for? are there any such plants elsewhere in desh?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

chili oil Empty Re: chili oil

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:38 pm

note that it's different from vegetable oil suffused with dried chilis. this is oil extracted from chilis at the source.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello DUT!
As you may have seen, as I have..Chili oil used a lot in Chinese and South Asian Cuisines, even South American dishes..esp. in almost all their sauces..and I assume there is global demand for that..just like ketchup!

Don't know about the manufacturing plants.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm

It might be like any other oil mill operation Maria .... put the dry chilies in the hopper, add a cup or two of water into the hopper, let the mill run while collecting the "juice" in a container at the lower end of the extractor. Just guessing. 'wonder how "hot" is chili oil!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:51 pm

What could chilli oil be used for? Torture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Maria S wrote:Hello DUT!
As you may have seen, as I have..Chili oil used a lot in Chinese and South Asian Cuisines, even South American dishes..esp. in almost all their sauces..and I assume there is global demand for that..just like ketchup!

Don't know about the manufacturing plants.

found out on a couple of indian cos selling on ali baba. will do more research.

how you been, maria?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:It might be like any other oil mill operation Maria .... put the dry chilies in the hopper, add a cup or two of water into the hopper, let the mill run while collecting the "juice" in a container at the lower end of the extractor. Just guessing. 'wonder how "hot" is chili oil!

Smile
Could be Seva!
I have seen them sold in Chinese stores just as chili oil or mixed with sesame, olive oils, looks like they sell it in combo with vinegar and other stuff too:

http://www.thefind.com/food/info-chili-oil

DUT,
Nice that you found info.
I am doing ok for the most part, thanks for asking:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Maria S wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:It might be like any other oil mill operation Maria .... put the dry chilies in the hopper, add a cup or two of water into the hopper, let the mill run while collecting the "juice" in a container at the lower end of the extractor. Just guessing. 'wonder how "hot" is chili oil!

Smile
Could be Seva!
I have seen them sold in Chinese stores just as chili oil or mixed with sesame, olive oils, looks like they sell it in combo with vinegar and other stuff too:

http://www.thefind.com/food/info-chili-oil

DUT,
Nice that you found info.
I am doing ok for the most part, thanks for asking:)

maria those are oils infused with chilis...I spoke to an asian of the slant variety and apparently chili extract oil is used in medicines

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

maria those are oils infused with chilis...I spoke to an asian of the slant variety and apparently chili extract oil is used in medicines

Oh, my bad. "Asian of the slant variety"Smile

I know in general..chilis were used for medicinal benefits, since ancient times..esp. for infections- for antibacterial effects, arthritis..even for some stomach ailments etc.

Looks like some small bottles of chili oils..which are exported cost almost $50..may be we should launch a joint effort..and manufacture/sell chili oil ourselves!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:is there a big global demand for oil made from chilis? there's a chinese owned factory in east godavari that extracts chili oil and is 100% exported(not sold in india). does anyone know who uses this stuff and what for? are there any such plants elsewhere in desh?

Ticker?

Options, Puts, Futures?

Pliss answer these questions.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down