Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wussy iyer boys

+14
garam_kuta
Seva Lamberdar
Rishi
MaxEntropy_Man
goodcitizn
Impedimenta
Idéfix
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
Petrichor
southindian
Hellsangel
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

wussy iyer boys - Page 2 Empty Re: wussy iyer boys

Post by indophile Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 pm

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar]
Prostitute coming towards you is good ? did not know that. How would one know if a woman was a prostitute. Also, how does one define a prostitute?[/quote]
May be I should have said "a woman who belongs to the devadasi (aka saani, bogum, naaga-vamsi, etc.) caste" rather than "a prostitute."

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:That is an interesting theory! But what explains the steadfast-ness of their beliefs since the uncertainty is sure to affect outcomes using the 'dowsers' for eg.
There must have been many times when the 'dowser' tells them to drill and there is no water to be found.
Perhaps people remember hits when a dowser was used than the misses. If the environment is such that misses are more common than hits, then hits are more memorable, period, dowser or no dowser. If it costs $10 to dig a well and $1 to consult a dowser, most people would want to "increase their odds" by consulting the dowser. And if you are the one Idefix who doesn't consult a dowser and gets a miss (as he should be expected to), his family, friends and neighbors would tell him he was a fool, serves him right, and so on Smile. We human beings want to "do something" when we care a lot about the outcome, but have no control over it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Some thing like Appolo-13 solidifies superstition.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:That is an interesting theory! But what explains the steadfast-ness of their beliefs since the uncertainty is sure to affect outcomes using the 'dowsers' for eg.
There must have been many times when the 'dowser' tells them to drill and there is no water to be found.
Perhaps people remember hits when a dowser was used than the misses. If the environment is such that misses are more common than hits, then hits are more memorable, period, dowser or no dowser. If it costs $10 to dig a well and $1 to consult a dowser, most people would want to "increase their odds" by consulting the dowser. And if you are the one Idefix who doesn't consult a dowser and gets a miss (as he should be expected to), his family, friends and neighbors would tell him he was a fool, serves him right, and so on Smile. We human beings want to "do something" when we care a lot about the outcome, but have no control over it.

Nice follow-through...makes good sense.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:I grew up with very very few superstitions -

1. Don't start anything during sunday rahukAlam - 4.30 to 6 pm.
2. Don't cut nails after dusk (made sense, nails might drop on the floor and difficult to pick up for trashing)

Yes, the nails after dusk thing made sense before the invention of electricity. Now I clip nails only in the bathroom, because I find that convenient. Back then, before the invention of indoor plumbing, they didn't have bathrooms inside the main house.

IMO, most superstitions are heuristics that were useful around the time they were devised. Some of them had a practical underpinning, and others were based on elaborate theories that we now know are not true (like the ones about Tuesdays). Even those that did not have a practical basis made people feel good, and in that sense they had a useful purpose. I guess if observing such superstitions today makes someone feel good, and it does not inconvenience others, there may be no harm in them.

Probably also the basis for beards in ancient religions. The old seers, sages and prophets are shown with long beards / facial hair. Perhaps the custom arose when there were no facilities for grooming etc. and there was even the lack of good / sharp razors. In many places there was also the shortage of water. Shaving the facial hair everyday in those conditions would be extremely cumbersome / difficult and might result in cuts and bruises on face if tried (especially due to lack of sharp razors).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Modern man shampoos and conditions his beard, I been told. Or maybe just uses conditioner to keep it soft. It does feel good when soft. I like the harder crunchy feel too. When you run your fingers over it, I mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Modern man shampoos and conditions his beard, I been told. Or maybe just uses conditioner to keep it soft. It does feel good when soft. I like the harder crunchy feel too. When you run your fingers over it, I mean.
Good for you ... you probably are a fan of ancient religious / holy men with beards.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Modern man shampoos and conditions his beard, I been told. Or maybe just uses conditioner to keep it soft. It does feel good when soft. I like the harder crunchy feel too. When you run your fingers over it, I mean.
Good for you ... you probably are a fan of ancient religious / holy men with beards.

LOL. Define holy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm

indophile wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:Iyer superstition? Maybe provided by Mama through generations?
This superstition is followed by Telugu brahmins as well. My guess is that it extends to most southern Indian brahmins, if not to other castes as well.

You are wrong... YOu should see the superstitious behavior of Goundars, Vanniars, and Naidus..

They will not step out into the street when they see a SINGLE Brahmin walking towards them. They will wait for him to cross. ONE example.
These superstitions are completely devoid of logic (that's why the name I guess). For example, one brahmin walking toward you is bad, but two brahmins walking toward you is good (there is no doubling of the bad effect).

this is a completely logical superstition from a dalit or OBC perspective...one brahmin walking towards you is plotting something or thinking of ways to demean you. two brahmins are busy quarrelling among themselves so they are likely to ignore you.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Idéfix wrote:

One thing you overlooked. New Mexico has a heavy Native American population and much of their customs are still followed seriously. Texas the cowboys killed most of them and drove the rest, and has pretty much anglican/Spanish culture.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
indophile wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:Iyer superstition? Maybe provided by Mama through generations?
This superstition is followed by Telugu brahmins as well. My guess is that it extends to most southern Indian brahmins, if not to other castes as well.

You are wrong... YOu should see the superstitious behavior of Goundars, Vanniars, and Naidus..

They will not step out into the street when they see a SINGLE Brahmin walking towards them. They will wait for him to cross. ONE example.
These superstitions are completely devoid of logic (that's why the name I guess). For example, one brahmin walking toward you is bad, but two brahmins walking toward you is good (there is no doubling of the bad effect).

this is a completely logical superstition from a dalit or OBC perspective...one brahmin walking towards you is plotting something or thinking of ways to demean you. two brahmins are busy quarrelling among themselves so they are likely to ignore you.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:And then, I might wonder who it is, exactly, that you refer to, when you talk of 'wussy iyer boys' - and wonder the magnitude of whupping that must have preceded that pejorative string of words.
lol!

Bumping up...as this gets more topical by the minute.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:And then, I might wonder who it is, exactly, that you refer to, when you talk of 'wussy iyer boys' - and wonder the magnitude of whupping that must have preceded that pejorative string of words.
lol!

Bumping up...as this gets more topical by the minute.

and jump to the 'To Carvaka' thread..to see who is wussy, failing to answer a simple question wussy iyer boys - Page 2 3077217049

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 pm

If he starts answering ask him a few questions for me:

1. Why does he hate Iyers so?
2. Ask him to explain the circumstances of the whupping and its magnitude. He will know what is meant.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Talking about the thread title, I just don't understand what this GK-HA feud is all about. It doesn't help at all that both the posters involved like to speak in cryptic one-liners. I wonder idly, what is the level of general comprehension of this back-and-forth? On one end, it may be just me who doesn't get any of it, and everyone else understands what they are saying to each other and why. At the other end, HA doesn't understand what GK is saying and vice versa, but they keep going at it. Where does the truth lie between those extremes?

While I am wondering, I also wonder if this is how people felt when Aurangzeb and Nizam reigned over this place.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:If he starts answering ask him a few questions for me:

1. Why does he hate Iyers so?
2. Ask him to explain the circumstances of the whupping and its magnitude. He will know what is meant.

Oh.. not just iyers.. a wider repertoire of hatred.. that's precisely what I am working on with him.. make him admit...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Idéfix wrote:Talking about the thread title, I just don't understand what this GK-HA feud is all about. It doesn't help at all that both the posters involved like to speak in cryptic one-liners. I wonder idly, what is the level of general comprehension of this back-and-forth? On one end, it may be just me who doesn't get any of it, and everyone else understands what they are saying to each other and why. At the other end, HA doesn't understand what GK is saying and vice versa, but they keep going at it. Where does the truth lie between those extremes?

While I am wondering, I also wonder if this is how people felt when Aurangzeb and Nizam reigned over this place.

I honestly tried to follow the other thread, or for that matter all gk-ha-att feuds, with some sprinkling of dut and ff thrown in. Actually, I try maybe once in a while and ignore the rest of the times. But today I did try reading 'to charvaka' thread, about 3 posts. Can not make ANY sense of it. Funnily each party call the other a stalker. Anyhoos, my interest will perk up only once I find out what iyerini the two are fighting for. Any guesses? There better be a woman or two involved in this saga otherwise, dammit, what's the issue there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Idéfix wrote:Talking about the thread title, I just don't understand what this GK-HA feud is all about. It doesn't help at all that both the posters involved like to speak in cryptic one-liners. I wonder idly, what is the level of general comprehension of this back-and-forth? On one end, it may be just me who doesn't get any of it, and everyone else understands what they are saying to each other and why. At the other end, HA doesn't understand what GK is saying and vice versa, but they keep going at it. Where does the truth lie between those extremes?

I have no idea what the history is between the two, either. What does "sucking up to the digs" mean? Why does HA call GK 'a frog faced wussy iyer boy'? Why should we refer dictionaries to find out what 'smegma' means?

Aurangazeb and Nizam were multi-page starrers - this is quick strike blitz attacks. HA usually plays the game much better - he is encircling GK and probably has a card up his sleeve (viz., a well-searched google link to a GK post containing some damning detail) and he is getting GK to wind himself up and throw words at him, so he can finally pull out his ace. I also predict that such GK post will be a damp squib, especially because of all the build-up. HA is not computing this aspect of it well.

Anyways, it is almost dusk - must go clip my nails.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Any guesses? There better be a woman or two involved in this saga otherwise, dammit, what's the issue there?
Yeah, then it would make a little more sense to the rest of us.

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:What does "sucking up to the digs" mean? Why does HA call GK 'a frog faced wussy iyer boy'? Why should we refer dictionaries to find out what 'smegma' means?
No idea. Whatever card HA has up his sleeve, he better pull it out soon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 pm

I miss Aurangazeb, Nigam and Arcot Nawab...

Any updates on their largesse towards hindus ??

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 8:09 pm

HA is busted and dusted wussy iyer boys - Page 2 459784477 wussy iyer boys - Page 2 3077217049
yeah.... time is ticking

dik..dyk..dik..dyk

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, learn to Italicize better and reply in the right threads.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Any guesses? There better be a woman or two involved in this saga otherwise, dammit, what's the issue there?
Yeah, then it would make a little more sense to the rest of us.

LoL. No.. its all about hatred..not just for brahmins...

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:What does "sucking up to the digs" mean? Why does HA call GK 'a frog faced wussy iyer boy'? Why should we refer dictionaries to find out what 'smegma' means?
No idea. Whatever card HA has up his sleeve, he better pull it out soon.

HA is busted and dusted wussy iyer boys - Page 2 459784477 wussy iyer boys - Page 2 3077217049
yeah.... time is ticking

dik..dyk..dik..dyk

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, learn to Italicize better and reply in the right threads.

where you don't quote, hiding the evidence. its just 24 hours to prove that you are a pathetic pathological liar and more.. and the best part is you bury your face in my butt wussy iyer boys - Page 2 3077217049

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, learn to Italicize better and reply in the right threads.

where you don't quote, hiding the evidence. its just 24 hours to prove that you are a pathetic pathological liar and more.. and the best part is you bury your face in my butt wussy iyer boys - Page 2 3077217049

Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, all that diaper duty seems to have left you hysterical and confused. Calm down.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Dear frog faced wussy Iyer boy, all that diaper duty seems to have left you hysterical and confused. Calm down.

mbwaahahahaha.. don't digress..give the evidence or STUF up Basketball

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 8:32 pm

What is stuf? Shut the up fuck?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Paavam froggy. All hysterical now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 14, 2013 8:46 pm

hellsu is one of only two people who understand hot dog man on this board, the other one being hot dog man.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:hellsu is one of only two people who understand hot dog man on this board, the other one being hot dog man.
Haha!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:hellsu is one of only two people who understand hot dog man on this board, the other one being hot dog man.

it is in poor taste to start sniping when two people are fighting in an online forum. Either stay neutral or try to throw water on the fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:

it is in poor taste to start sniping when two people are fighting in an online forum. Either stay neutral or try to throw water on the fire.

sniping? who is sniping? unlike you i don't subscribe to my enemy's enemy is my friend, or my friend's enemy is my enemy or any other such eighth grade behavioral norm. i find the whole hot dog man/hellsu scuffle both incomprehensible and amusing at once.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

the title of the thread is interesting re its contents.

in any case, i might have found this thread exciting some twenty five years ago when the rebellion against the orthodoxy was still raging strong inside of me and i found the need to act on it like sending out the JEE application during the rahukAlam to make a point. i find it unnecessary to act like a douchebag and make the remaining elders of the previous generations unhappy just so i can feel good about myself. if i am in their presence and if it doesn't affect my life in any significant way, i go with whatever makes them happy on such matters.

Who knows what could've happened if you did it at a more auspicious time ?
You might have gotten a JEE rank that is closer to 400 rather than the 2000. You might've qualified for a CS/ECE/Mech seat rather than a Chem Eng seat. You might've gotten into IITK.
You could've been actually teaching at MIT. Who knows. This "What if" uncertainties are what keeps the religion and superstitions going.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

sniping? who is sniping? unlike you i don't subscribe to my enemy's enemy is my friend, or my friend's enemy is my enemy or any other such eighth grade behavioral norm. i find the whole hot dog man/hellsu scuffle both incomprehensible and amusing at once.

i am not attacking or criticizing or taking pot shots at hellsangel, am i? you, on the other hand, are taking sides by taking pot shots at GK when he is in the middle of a confrontation with HA. This, in my opinion, is unworthy of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Haha!

Whoa ! sorry! i am still evolving in profanities and hence the mix up with STFU and STUF .. not that the readers are innocent of the phrase , I bet.. well some choose to be pedantic...missing the woods for trees i should think

Last edited by garam_kuta on Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

i am not attacking or criticizing or taking pot shots at hellsangel, am i? you, on the other hand, are taking sides by taking pot shots at GK when he is in the middle of a confrontation with HA. This, in my opinion, is unworthy of you.

allow me...

sorry..i am still evolving in profanities and hence the mix up
with STFU and STUF .. not that the readers are innocent of the phrase ,
I bet.. well some choose to be pedantic...missing the woods for trees i
should think

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 15, 2013 1:24 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Haha!

Whoa ! sorry! i am still evolving in profanities and hence the mix up with STFU and STUF .. not that the readers are innocent of the phrase , I bet.. well some choose to be pedantic...missing the woods for trees i should think
That helps with one of the several dozen phrases in the back and forth I didn't get. This is a good start, you explaining what you mean.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 am

Idéfix wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Haha!

That helps with one of the several dozen phrases in the back and forth I didn't get. This is a good start, you explaining what you mean.

well..I have been charitable and kind to give HA the time to back up what HA had stated and prove that HA is not a chronic pathological liar, to begin with.. more will follow. I am having good fun and I dare HA...'go ahead .. make my day' wussy iyer boys - Page 2 3077217049

wussy iyer boys - Page 2 Go-ahead-make-my-day_ed

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed May 15, 2013 1:54 am

well.. looks like
the real wuss got out of town
wussy iyer boys - Page 2 Alsahaf

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed May 15, 2013 5:04 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:... a telguword?

at times, our agents sympathize with the errorists and commit the errors that they are supposed to neutralize. arlington syndrome, if you will. that is unacceptable. i am booking an appointment for you with ms uma next week. she will counsel you and hopefully stop you from joining the elite errorsists squad.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 am

I fully agree with y'all on this topic. By the way panchods, GOOG broke 900.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 am

Lol! Someone is waaay too excited today. How many GOOGs do you own, bits? How much more richer are you now?

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 am

bought it at 310. If the stock splits, it should go higher quicker than if it does not. Wait and watch mode for now.

how many shares? well, that's a multiple choice quiz answer:

a) 1
b) 10
c) 100
d) 1000

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 11:08 am

Bittu wrote:bought it at 310. If the stock splits, it should go higher quicker than if it does not. Wait and watch mode for now.

how many shares? well, that's a multiple choice quiz answer:

a) 1
b) 10
c) 100
d) 1000

My guess is c, 100. I know i am right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 am

Congrats on the new home improvements, bitts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Congrats on the new home improvements, bitts!

hain?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 15, 2013 11:19 am

Bittu wrote:

hain?

VB is turning out to be a veritable Prem Jyotish Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

He's on a wait and watch mode for now, vids. he ain't selling those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 am

Kris wrote:
Bittu wrote:

hain?

Lol. I thought One can use the share money in home improvements. Atleast that's what I would do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 15, 2013 11:26 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Kris wrote:
Bittu wrote:

hain?

Lol. I thought One can use the share money in home improvements. Atleast that's what I would do.
>>>>"One" can use? Too much BBC of late, Veeb?Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next